The Ancient Ones (Four-way girls only) - Refilled, sorry.

Started by Chrystal, October 18, 2013, 06:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

I have no idea wheher this will work, or whether it will even get any interest at all, but as it popped into my head as an almost full-blown idea, I feel I have to post it, to see what happens.

Name: The Ancient Ones

Scenario:

In a time lost to history, an evil sorceress ruled the earth in a reign of terror. She was cruel, she destroyed at whim, her power was absolute. She laid waste to lands she did not control. Her magic was powerful and none could stand against her.

Until one came, another sorceress, who rose up to challenge her, to be the champion of the people she oppressed, to fight the evil queen and depose her.

The fight between them was magical, it was bitter and brutal. Somewhere along the way, maybe, the good sorceress lost sight of what she was fighting for and the fight simply became about winning.

And win she did. She cast the evil queen from her throne, cast a spell upon her to kill her, but she failed. The dark Queen would not so easily be beaten. While she was defeated, she managed to divert the light sorceress' death-spell back a it's caster, with the last of her energy.

To the people who crept into the shattered ruins of the queen's palace, it seemed that both sorceresses were dead. And so, they entombed their bodies, at opposite ends of their land, and forgot about them. The world healed itself, the people grew in strength and in number. Having seen what magic could do, they turned away from it, putting their trust in technology instead.

And now, millennia have passed. Magic is gone from the world, and no one really believes it ever existed, except for a few cranks and crackpots who believe it is still there if only they could find how to tap into it. But they are a minority. Mostly young people, teenagers, wistfully wondering what it would be like to be a witch.

And then, a teenage woman, a virgin, is exploring an ancient burial mound. She is one of those youngsters who wishes magic was real. She has a book of "Wicca" spells with her, and in total innocence, unaware of what she is about to unleash, she begins to randomly chant spells.

Of course you can guess what happens. She awakens the dark queen, who, of course, takes her as her slave.

Meanwhile at the other side of the continent, the same magic that has awoken the dark queen wakes the light sorceress too, (because there has to be a balance). She, too, finds herself in the company of a young woman, also a virgin. Now the light sorceress is the good one, so she will not take the girl as a slave, but must convince her to help willingly.

Because for each sorceress to bring her magic back requires the blood of a virgin sacrifice! No, not by killing them, there are far more enjoyable ways to sacrifice a virgin and spill her blood than killing her.

And so, the two sorceresses revive in our modern world. They both recover some of their magic, but there is very little magic left in the world. They both have an apprentice - one unwilling and the other uncomprehending. The light sorceress must find and defeat the dark sorceress, before the dark sorceress can recover enough of her power to take over the world.

Setting: Present day alternate universe. "Modern Myth & Magic".

Characers:

The dark Queen: A beautiful woman, apparently in her 30s. This character will be played by myself.
The Dark Queen's Apprentice: Chelsea Ravensdale, played by Frost Rose.

The Light Sorceress:  Esmerellda "Esme" LaVay, A beautiful pale woman, apparently in her mid 20s.  Played by Wicked Vixen
The Light Sorceress' Apprentice: Elizabeth "Beth" Jacobson, A somewhat cynical but still submissive teenager who finds herself falling in love with the light Sorceress. ElvenKitten

Content level:

This game has to go in Non Consent. It should probably go in exotic, as both sorceresses will be able to shape shift, and could even go in extreme if all four players wish. I was going to do it as a single thread story, with OOC discussion via PM.

Requirements:

I require three female players please. No more, no less. I know this is asking a lot, but I would also appreciate it if you were planning on seeing the story through to at least half way? I need two subs and one switch, please. (A pure dominant won't do, really, because we need to decide what happens whet the four of them actually get together).

One replacement submissive female required please. See the last post in the thread for details.

To Be decided:

The outcome. There are any number of ways this can end, from the light sorceress defeating the dark sorceress again and them both returning to sleep for another ten thousand years or so, to the dark defeating the light and making both characters her slaves... And a whole range of other options.

If you are seriously interested, please post here, saying which character you are interested in playing.

I reserve the right to say no!

I want all interested players to PM a character sheet to me please.

I'm not going to tell you what to put in your sheet, that is up to you, but if you want the part, you better make it good!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

frost rose

I have decided I like your ideas, and have bizarrely managed to actually get my life in order for once so have a surplus of time on my hands that I seriously want to be using, so count my interest as checked.

As far as characters go, I'd say tentatively dark apprentice? I can pretty easily see a character coalescing around the concept I think I'd have a lot of fun playing as, at the very least. And for that matter a fair number of ideas generally about the game — it sounds like it'd be nearly as fun to plan as it would be to play.

(Provided the reserved right isn't exercised, na klar.)
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

Chrystal

Obviously this is dependent upon getting two more players interested in playing the good guys, but provided you can come up with a decent character concept, I think we can work together.

If you would like to PM me a character, I'll let you know what I think...

And no, I'm not posting a character sheet. One test of a good RPer is their ability to create their own character sheet from scratch! Aren't I mean... *snigger*

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Angie

I...may want to be the Sorceress of Light. A much nastier idea of light (verbal curses with no magic behind them are certainly not out of her vocabulary), but light nonetheless. Heck, I may even get a few taunts in on ya, Chrystal (Darkness cannot exist without Light, etc.)
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Chrystal

Hi Anjie.

My concept for the light sorceress is of someone who is not above sexually abusing an innocent teenager, someone who will happily rob a bank or steal a car, and will kill without hesitation. As I pointed out in the intro, somewhere along the way, she lost sight of why she was fighting, and became fixated on winning at any cost.

And if you want to go down the taunts route, there's always that wonderful old cliché, "We're not so very different, you and I. Take a look deep into your soul, dear: you'll see me staring right back at you!"

As I said to Rose, PM me a character sheet, and I'll give it my full consideration.

Angie

Quote from: Chrystal on October 19, 2013, 01:18:48 PM
Hi Anjie.

My concept for the light sorceress is of someone who is not above sexually abusing an innocent teenager, someone who will happily rob a bank or steal a car, and will kill without hesitation. As I pointed out in the intro, somewhere along the way, she lost sight of why she was fighting, and became fixated on winning at any cost.

And if you want to go down the taunts route, there's always that wonderful old cliché, "We're not so very different, you and I. Take a look deep into your soul, dear: you'll see me staring right back at you!"

As I said to Rose, PM me a character sheet, and I'll give it my full consideration.
Light is not Good, Dark is not Evil. I've been browsing TVTropes-don't if you want to keep any semblance of life.

Anyway, how flashy is the magic? Should I assume we can chuck giant meteors at each other while conjuring armies of mystic critters to fight, or will the magic be a bit more subdued?

Chrystal

Quote from: Angiejuusan on October 19, 2013, 01:26:52 PM
Light is not Good, Dark is not Evil. I've been browsing TVTropes-don't if you want to keep any semblance of life.

I love TV tropes. I often incl;ude them in my RPs...

QuoteAnyway, how flashy is the magic? Should I assume we can chuck giant meteors at each other while conjuring armies of mystic critters to fight, or will the magic be a bit more subdued?

Back in the old days, yes, they could do that. They could also conjure up magical force-fields to destroy the other's meteors and fields of fire to wipe out the other's armies.

But in the present day, there is a lot less magic about and using it will take patience (something my characer is lacking) and time (something your character doesn't have.

I think the rules for magic use need to be agreed between all four players - because use of any magic comes at a price.

Eobelle

I am very interested in playing the light apprentice, though the dark apprentice sounds fun as well!

Chrystal

Hi Eobelle

I don't think we've met yet.

I have to say, I like your post length and style, except for one thing: You seem to have a lot of images in your posts.

While this is not necessarily a bad thing as they can help to clarify a post, it could be considered "lazy"... There is very little that cannot be described in words, after all.

I'm also a little bit reluctant to have a relative newcomer to E whom i don't know in a small game where all the characters are critical. One player vanishing, dropping out, getting bored, whatever, will kill a small game.

However, if you would like to PM me a character sheet, I will give it due consideration. Please note, the above is to make you want to reassure me that you intend to put everything into this game, by coming up with the most amazing character!

Angie

I'm kinda having doubts about my ability to be the light sorceress...Seems a little...well, too much for me.

Chrystal

No worries.

I'm still waiting for character sheets, so as far as I am concerned, all three roles are still open.

frost rose

Quote from: Chrystal on October 19, 2013, 01:36:41 PM
I love TV tropes. I often incl;ude them in my RPs...

I hate TV tropes. I'll be doing fine, plowing through the stack of papers I need to get through and then someone links me a thing, and then BAM it's thirty minutes to a meeting with my dissertation advisor and I haven't even begun to outline the problems I need to beg him for help with.  :-(

It's gone now.

Chrystal

lol. I hate Elliquiy for a similar reason. I'll be sitting at the computer typing up a post and need to check a fact, and do a bit of research, then I'll type the rest of the post, thinking "I'll finish this post and head to bed", and then I'll get a PM, and I'll read it and need to nreply, and forget that I was heading to bed, and check new replies and there will be one I've been waiting impatiently for, and so i'll repkly to that, and before i know it, it's 3:00am and I have work in the morning!

lol.

Frost, as per PM, your character is approved.

frost rose

Yay! Now everyone else write things up and get approved so we can get rolling with things, as this is looking pretty super cool~

It's gone now.

Chrystal

It's a funny thing, really. I was actually considering doing his as a one-on-one story with just the dark queen and her apprentice, but I thought, what the heck, it would be more fun with the Queen's nemesis there as well.

But if no one else wants to play, I will happily do it as a one-on-one.

frost rose

Yeah, I can see why you might want to — it does provide a certain depth to it that would be harder to capture with just two.

...that said, if it doesn't work out, I would happily do that too~

It's gone now.

Chrystal

Well, the good news is, I have an applicant for the white sorceress. I'm just waiting for her to answer a couple of questions, and then if she answers them okay, I will declare that post filled.

frost rose

Yay again! Then just one more and we can get on to the awesome. Slowly but surely this seems to be coming together, which makes me happy, as I really like who I've come up with for it.

It's gone now.

Chrystal

Wicked Vixen is our White Sorceress. Now all we need is her little pet and we are good to go :)

This is taking a bit longer than I expected, but then I guess it's because I'm being picky! Which in it's own way is good.

frost rose

If a couple extra days means a greater chance of longevity and a higher general quality, then I am all for it. And whee, one more down! Although waiting for the last is always the worst. Sooo close and all.

It's gone now.

Eobelle

Ok, making the sub character now, sorry, rl got crazy for a sec.

Wicked Vixen

YAY! thank you for adding me to your story I promise we will have fun!
The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Chrystal

Okay, we have four. YAY!!!!

So, here is the Dark Queen.

Name: Lithielle
Age at her 'defeat' by the white sorceress: 352 (she looks good for her age!)
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 175 lbs

Appearance: Lithielle is tall and well built, with long jet black hair falling to her waist. Her skin is a light olive-coffee colour, her eyes are such a dark brown that they almost appear to have no iris. Her lips are full and dark, her nose is long and straight, giving her a noble appearance. Her face is oval with high prominent cheekbones. Her ears have a pronounced deformity making them appear almost pointed.

Although she might at first glance appear soft, she is anything but, only her breasts are not made of muscle. The word "Statuesque" could almost be personified in her. She favours dark coloured clothing, deep reds, blues, purples, browns and greens, often trimmed with gold or ermine, but rarely wears black.

Personality and history: Lithielle is basically just your average evil sorceress. At least that's how she likes to think of herself. In fact, she is anything but average. She was first and worst. She learned her magic from the ancient ones, the first witches who had learned, in the age of stone and fire, to tap into the earth's power and utilise it to bring about change. The ancient ones taught her their skills when she was but a girl. She learned all she could from them. But what they failed to teach her was their values. While they tried to use their powers to help and to grow, Lithielle began to use hers selfishly.

She soon realised that by being ruthless she was able to draw magic from others, making her more powerful than they. In this way she betrayed and overpowered the ancient ones, banishing them to a grey twilight of eternity. In doing so,she thought she had removed them as a threat. She used her now absolute power to rule the world, amusing herself as she saw fit, draining magic from the world and using it up selfishly, destroying at a whim, mercilessly oppressing the weak, powerless peoples she ruled.

But she had not entirely disposed of the Ancient ones, and this was to be her undoing!

You are now each at liberty to post your character sheets here.

Please do not feel you have to change them in any way (unless I asked you to specifically). I actually want to see four different formats here.

I'm pm-ing all three of you to get the discussion going, but we can use this thread to discuss things as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing your reactions to each other's characters... :D

frost rose

Glee~ We can get to starting now. And I admit, I am deeply curious as to what everyone came up with.

Name: Chelsea Ravensdale

Appearance: A little on the short side, with dark hair she sometimes keeps dyed or partially dyed. She has a fair complexion and a svelte figure, and usually described as more cute than anything else. She smiles a lot, but never broadly, her appearance as quiet as she is much of the time. (Also see under the fold.)

Personality: Chelsea gets along with people. Quiet and dreamy but not overly shy, she's reflexively nice to everyone she knows. She's aware it leaves her easy to take advantage of, but doesn't mind too much, more often happy to be of help where she can anyhow. She's quick to embarrass and fluster, and her pale skin shows off her blushes very well. Despite her easy manner, however, she's prone to melancholy, even if her fits of depression mostly end up inwardly directed.

Background: When Chelsea was seven her house burned to the ground. Neither she nor her family were home at the time but the building itself was a total loss and later in life she would always remember driving home by bus and seeing the pall of thick, dark smoke rolling towards her.

She was the second youngest of four children and always the odd one out. She had dark hair and a slender figure in a family of stocky blond Swedes and Britons. Not quite the baby of the family, she was never spoiled. It was hard enough managing four children on the salary of a single mother, even a successful professional one, and indulging a quiet middle child was entirely out of the question.

They were painfully middle class. Before she was out of elementary school she was told how important it was for her to get good grades so she could get into the best college and graduate with a law degree like her mother, or something equally respectable. Friends could come over, but only if they were the right sort and didn't listen to music too loud, and only after all the homework was done. None of them had liked it, and all had rebelled in their own ways. But while Chelsea's older brother may still listen to rap music, he was doing so as a second year resident at Boston General, and her older sister was dating a black man she had met while they were both at Princeton.

Chelsea started listening to the Dresden Dolls at age twelve, and she dated a girl briefly, but no one seemed to notice. She did it quietly, and mostly in her own room or out of the house. When she turned fifteen she cut her hair short and dyed it red. Two days later her older sister said it made her look cute. After it had grown out again she considered getting her nipples pierced, but in the end couldn't figure out a way to do it without getting permission from her mother. She tried marijuana once and found it disappointing next to the vicodin she had had after breaking her leg a year before. A summer as an assistant clerk for her mother saw her closet filled up with corsets and lace and, far in the back where she's sure no one will look, handcuffs and a gag, but she's never had cause to use any of it.

At school she was never bullied, no more than anyone else at any rate. A few casual taunts, but she was friendly and gregarious enough that she never stood out as a target, even if she only ever had a few real friends. She was hit only once, shortly after her breakup unintentionally outed her, but even that was halted quick enough. She joked afterwards that the concerned talk with the principal afterwards had been more awkward and painful than either the scuffle or the breakup had been, and while that was an exaggeration it wasn't much of one.

There are days when Chelsea wonders if she shouldn't try to get her hand caught in a door, or drop something extremely heavy on her foot to see if she can't break something again. She feels guilty whenever the thoughts come, knowing it would cost the family money and stress and time. It isn't even as though she has the excuse of being an addict, having taken all of four vicodin pills in her life, and never having once had a craving since she stopped.

And despite that somedays she almost works up the nerve to try. Listening to Pink Floyd on her iPod, staring at the ceiling and trying to rationalise the knot of empty despair in her stomach that she can never manage to get rid of for long. She felt special when she was high, a giddy euphoria that wrapped her up in a drowsy certainty that everything was okay and would work out just fine, in spite of the pain she was in. Everything, for a brief few days, was about her.

Even the pain isn't so bad. She's pretty sure there was a BtVS song about that that probably had all sorts of deep meaning and significance. Or maybe Nine Inch Nails. The pain reminds her she's still alive, that at least to herself she still means something.

She knows that the mary sues she writes about are a juvenile fantasy, each one a princess, or a wizard, or a space pirate, but she only feels a little guilty about it. No one will ever know it's her behind the pen name, and sometimes they feel more real than she does. Her world building is better, she knows, if only because she steals most of that, borrowing liberally from a dozen sources, from the new age shop to copies of old genuine medieval manuscripts painfully translated from the original Latin until she's pretty sure she's actually better with the language than her high school teacher is. All the best bits stripped out and mixed up till it feels like it could actually be real.

Some days she pretends it actually is.

Images!

It's gone now.

Wicked Vixen

Name: Esmerellda "Esme" LaVay

Appearance: Jet black hair, Blue eyes, large breasts and athletic build. (Don't let her body or face fool you). 5'5" 160lbs.

Robes:

Personality: Confident, Headstrong, Kind, Lover of animals and Empathic.

History:
Under the Dark Queen's rule Esmerellda at the age of 9 learned that she had great power. At first it scared her to harbour such power within her as she saw just how dangerous it could be in the wrong hands. She was uncertain with herself and she did not think that it was her destiny to conquer the Dark Queen. That is until her family and a few friends helped her see that if she could master both herself and her magic she could rid the world of a great evil not only saving lives but bettering the world as a whole. She was tempted at by the idea and much more so when she began to think about all the great things she could do if she learned how to control her gift and channel it for a good cause.

It was then that she set out to learn from someone with the knowledge to teach her. Deep in the forest she treked as she sought out an old legend of an old woman who lived alone in a cottage that stood at the center of where two different forests connected. To her surprise and dismay it was empty. But all around her were books. Books of magic, books with endless knowledge. It was then at she heard the voices. Voices of witches who came before her. Witches were here to help balance nature and to preserve all creation. But the Dark Queen  twisted and abused the teachings given to her and in her quest for power decimated everything in her path. The Old One's taught her they helped her drink in the lessons and spells of the books.

Everyday for 10 years The Old One's made her spend every waking moment learning about Witchcraft. Everything she did was part of another lesson. Feeding herself, clothing herself, caring for the small garden of herbs. Everything. The Dark Queen they reasoned to her had, had a proper education and was taught by the very best of them. After the end of her decade long training she returned home. Or what was left of it. News hardly ever came and in her exile to learn days blended to weeks and weeks to months, time flew by with so much to do she sometimes thought it was just one long day when a week had already passed. She had been so focused, so determined to catch up to the Dark Queen she did not always pay attention to time.

Her family was gone. Her village was burned to the ground. Burning with pain and anger Esmerellda in her naievity thought that things would be simple. She would finish her training then go out and challenge the Dark Queen into one big Good v.s. Evil battle royal. Instead it took 2 battle filled years, several major victories and defeats between them, the loss of many dear friends and people she respected and trusted along the way and the knowledge that the world was not as bright as it once was. The Dark Queen may have made things bad but she was not the sole person to take the blame.

She found out how the world really worked. The rich shunned the poor. Children died starving and cold. Pain was everywhere...inescapable. In her sheltered life she had not been ready for the harshness of the cold world. She began wiping out what she deemed evil anything that caused pain and hurt. People who would let another starve was just the same as the serial killer or rapist. Just the same as the person who ordered for someone to be tortured. Esmerellda began to shun the voices that once helped her. Dismissing their advice and how things she deemed were necessary for the "greater good" she began to take drastic measures. To people she deemed evil she was ruthless  and unforgiving. It was on that final night when she had the Dark Queen at her mercy that she began to think that maybe maybe if she killed her some of the things she had done could be forgiven. That maybe she could atone for when she crossed the lines. Maybe she could be forgiven by the Old One's. Esmerellda still wondered if the cruelty and callousness that the human race radiated was worth saving from a ruler that seemed to magnify those very traits. 

But in the end a stalemate was all she could pull off as the Dark Queen saved herself.

(ISorry I thought I bookmarked this turns out I did not)
The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."