World Serpent Inn Sandbox [Pathfinder] - Recruiting Players!

Started by indarkestknight, June 13, 2013, 10:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EroticFantasyAuthor

I'm trying to understand why they would even be needed, especially with the way I intend to play the character. I'm certainly not out to break or wreak the campaign.

The character will be spending most of it's time in a humanoid form, rather than in it's natural form.

indarkestknight

Well, I can't speak for anyone else. My primary personal anxiety with high-HD monsters is that they may hit Epic-level HD before other PCs. It doesn't hurt that dragons are, as mentioned, very formidable and versatile challenges for their CR.

EroticFantasyAuthor

I do not intend to take epic feats until other "standard" are able to take epic feats.

The CR 13 would act as 13 levels, not his actual HD for purposes like level requirements and such..

So for a feat requiring level 20, he'd need to have 7 regular character class levels, for example.

EroticFantasyAuthor

This character is the main villain of a campaign I'll be DMing (irl, pbp, etc), I've played a younger version of the character(this version) in another campaign.

If it helps, here is what the character is planned to look like. Wall of text.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Male Mature Adult Green Fighter 1
LE Huge Dragon (Air)
Init +7; Senses Dragon Senses; Perception +26
Aura Frightful Presence (210ft, DC 24)

Defense

AC 38, Touch 13, Flat-Footed 35; (+5 Armor, +3 Dex, +22 Natural, -2 Size)
HP  229 (17d12+1d10+108)
Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +15
DR 10/magic; Immune Acid, Paralysis, Sleep; SR 24

Offense

Speed  40ft., Fly  200ft. (Poor), Swim 40ft
Space 15ft; Reach 10ft (20ft with Bite, 15ft with Claws)
Melee Bite +26 (2d8+15), 2 Claws +26 (2d6+15), 2 Wings +26 (1d8+5), Tail Slap +26 (2d6+15)
Special Attacks Breath Weapon (50-ft. cone, DC 25, 14d6 acid), Crush (Small creatures, DC 25, 2d8+15)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 18th)
At will—Charm Person(DC 17), Entangle(DC 17), Suggestion(DC 19)
Spells Known (CL 7th)
3rd (4/day)—Dispel Magic, Haste
2nd (6/day)—Invisiblity, Mirror Image, Scintillating Scales
1st (6/day)—Grease(DC 17), Mage Armor, Shield, Silent Image(DC 17), Ventriloquism(DC 17)
0    (at will)—Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Resistance

Statistics

Str 30, Dex 10(16), Con 22, Int 24, Wis 20, Cha 22
Base Atk +18; CMB +30; CMD +40 (+44 vs. trip)
Feats Improved Initiative, Hover, Clinging Breath, Multiattack, Improved Multiattack, Lingering Breath, Wingover, Fly-By Attack, Alternate Form, Exotic Weapon Prof(Elven Curve Blade).
Skills Bluff +27, Diplomacy +27, Fly +15, Intimidate +27, Knowledge(Arcana) +28, Knowledge(History) +28, Knowledge(Nature) +28, Knowledge(Religion) +28, Perception +26, Sense Motive +26, Spellcraft +28, Stealth +15, Swim +30
Languages Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfing, Infernal, Sylvan, Undercommon
SQ Trackless Step, Waterbreathing, Woodland Stride
Gear Amulet of Mind Blank(1/day), Belt of Dexterity +6, Bracers of Armor +5, Efficent Quiver, Handy Haversack, Ring of Counterspell, +1 Keen Elven Curve Blade of Warning, +1 Composite Longbow of Force (+2 str)

Humanoid Form 
Male Mature Adult Green Dragon Fighter 1
LE Huge Dragon (Air) - Medium Humanoid (Sun Elf)
Init +12; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +26

Defense

AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-Footed 15; (+5 Armor, +3 Dex)
HP  229 (17d12+1d10+108)
Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +15

Offense

Speed  30ft
Space 5ft; Reach 5ft
Melee    +1 Keen Elven Curve Blade of Warning +29/+24/+19  (1d10+16 15-20/x2)
Ranged  +1 Composite Longbow of Force + 22/+17/+12 (1d8+3 /x3)
At will—Charm Person(DC 17), Entangle(DC 17), Suggestion(DC 19)
Spells Known (CL 7th)
3rd (4/day)—Dispel Magic, Haste
2nd (6/day)—Invisiblity, Mirror Image, Scintillating Scales
1st (6/day)—Grease(DC 17), Mage Armor, Shield, Silent Image(DC 17), Ventriloquism(DC 17)
0    (at will)—Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Resistance

Statistics

Str 30, Dex 10, Con 22, Int 24, Wis 20, Cha 22
Base Atk +18; CMB +28; CMD +38
Feats Improved Initiative, Hover, Clinging Breath, Multiattack, Improved Multiattack, Lingering Breath, Wingover, Fly-By Attack, Alternate Form, Exotic Weapon Prof(Elven Curve Blade).
Skills Bluff +27, Diplomacy +27, Fly +23, Intimidate +27, Knowledge(Arcana) +28, Knowledge(History) +28, Knowledge(Nature) +28, Knowledge(Religion) +28, Perception +26, Sense Motive +26, Spellcraft +28, Stealth +23, Swim +30
Languages Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfing, Infernal, Sylvan, Undercommon
SQ Trackless Step, Woodland Stride
Gear  Amulet of Mind Blank(1/day), Belt of Dexterity +6, Bracers of Armor +5, Efficent Quiver, Handy Haversack, Ring of Counterspell, +1 Keen Elven Curve Blade of Warning, +1 Composite Longbow of Force (+2 str)

Breath Weapon (Su): Using a breath weapon is a standard action. A dragon can use its breath weapon once every 1d4
rounds, even if it possesses more than one breath weapon. A breath weapon always starts at an intersection adjacent to the dragon and extends in a direction of the dragon’s choice. Breath weapons come in two shapes, lines and cones, whose areas vary with the dragon’s size. If a breath weapon deals damage, those caught in the area can attempt Ref lex saves to take half damage. The save DC against a breath weapon is 10 + 1/2 dragon’s HD + dragon’s Con modifier. Saves against various breath weapons use the same DC; the type of saving throw is noted in the variety descriptions. A dragon can use its breath weapon when it is grappling or being grappled.
Camouflage (Ex): An old or older green dragon can use Stealth to hide in any sort of natural terrain, even if the terrain does not grant cover or concealment.
Crush (Ex): A flying or jumping Huge or larger dragon can land on foes as a standard action, using its whole body to crush them. Crush attacks are effective only against opponents three or more size categories smaller than the dragon. A crush attack affects as many creatures as fit in the dragon’s space. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Ref lex save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon) or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the dragon moves off them. If the dragon chooses to maintain the pin, it must succeed at a combat maneuver check as normal. Pinned foes take damage from the crush each round if they don’t escape. A crush attack deals the indicated damage plus 1-1/2 times the dragon’s Strength bonus..
Dragon Senses (Ex): Dragons have have darkvision 120ft. and blindsense 60 ft. They see four times as well as a human in dim light and twice as well in normal light.
Trackless Step (Ex): An adult or older green dragon does not leave a trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked. A green dragon can choose to leave a trail, if it so desires.
Water Breathing (Ex): A green dragon can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use its breath weapon, spells, and other abilities while submerged.
Woodland Stride (Ex): A very young or older green dragon can move through any sort of foliage at full speed without taking damage or suffering impairment. Areas of foliage that have been magically manipulated affect it normally.

eBadger

I see the IC thread is already up - still open for new players, or is the tag out of date?

indarkestknight

Quote from: eBadger on June 28, 2013, 03:09:03 AM
I see the IC thread is already up - still open for new players, or is the tag out of date?

Still recruiting!

indarkestknight

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on June 28, 2013, 03:07:28 AM
This character is the main villain of a campaign I'll be DMing (irl, pbp, etc), I've played a younger version of the character(this version) in another campaign.

If it helps, here is what the character is planned to look like. Wall of text.

[SNIP]

I haven't gone through it with a fine-toothed comb yet, but something along those lines should be permissible, I think.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Thank you, makes it alot easier on me just to copy & paste things over heh.

eBadger

indarkestknight

Quote from: eBadger on June 28, 2013, 03:50:01 AM
Awesome!  And what's the, ah, 'smut level' intended to be?

That's entirely up to the players. I mean, we have a succubus and a very sexually aggressive half-dragon already, but ultimately it depends on where the players decide they want to take things.

eBadger

Groovy.  It seems nicely racey so far, I just didn't want to assume anything :)

Mystic Dragon

I'd like to post interest for myself(Lethe, Succubus Oracle) and Delta(Amist, Half-Drow Antipaladin[Calistria Variant]/Shadowdancer). Would you guys have room for that?
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Delta Echo

And this would be the second half of the succubus/half-drow combo. :)
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

EroticFantasyAuthor

Definitely haven't forgotten about this, trying to work on all my characters(for all campaigns) as fast as possible! Dragon is pretty much done just need to spend around 30k of his gold.

indarkestknight

Certainly, we still have room for plenty more.  :-)

Mystic Dragon

I'm rerolling now- Lower starting gold for monsters? And are we using the optional rule for monster casters?

"Note that in a mixed group, the value of racial Hit Dice and abilities diminish as a character gains levels. It is recommended that for every 3 levels gained by the group, the monster character should gain an extra level, received halfway between the 2nd and 3rd levels. Repeat this process a number of times equal to half the monster's CR, rounded down."

http://paizo.com/PRD/monsters/monstersAsPCs.html

I say monster casters, because in another game my co-GM noted that non-caster classes like rogue benefited inordinately from this rule.

edit: Are we rolling for HP?
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

indarkestknight

Monsters get the same starting gold as any other 14th level character.

We aren't using that rule at the moment, no.

You can roll for HP if you like, or take average after the first HD (3.5 for d6, 4.5 for d8, 5.5 for d10, 6.5 for d12, round down.)

EroticFantasyAuthor

For d12 I've been alternating 6 and 7, is it 6s all the way then?

ShadowFox89

6.5 * (HD-1) + 12 + (con mod * 12) + any misc mods.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on July 08, 2013, 02:02:16 AM
6.5 * (HD-1) + 12 + (con mod * 12) + any misc mods.

Not really what I was asking, but thank you

Was curious if it was cool to keep with alternating 6 & 7(this accounts for the .5 each HD) per d12 or to change it to 6 whole way through.

indarkestknight

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on July 08, 2013, 01:56:51 AM
For d12 I've been alternating 6 and 7, is it 6s all the way then?

That works, as long as it's 6 first, then 7, so you should always have as many 6s as 7s, or one more 6 than you have 7s.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Aye I believe so, have to check my notes again. But basically how I've always done it from suggested method in the 3.5 DMG long ago.

ShadowFox89

It works out to the same result. Using 6.5 is quicker math while using 6 and 7 is cleaner bookkeeping.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Male Mature Adult Green Fighter 1
LE Huge Dragon (Air)
Init +11; Senses Dragon Senses; Perception +24
Aura Frightful Presence (210ft, DC 23)

Defense

AC 40, Touch 15, Flat-Footed 35; (+5 Armor, +5 Dex, +22 Natural, -2 Size)
HP  246 (17d12+1d10+126)
Fort +19, Ref +15, Will +13

Offense

Speed  40ft., Fly  200ft. (Poor), Swim 40ft
Space 15ft; Reach 10ft (20ft with Bite, 15ft with Claws)
Melee Bite +25 (2d8+13), 2 Claws +25 (2d6+9), 2 Wings +25 (1d8+4), Tail Slap +25 (2d6+13)
Special Attacks Breath Weapon (50-ft. cone, DC 25, 14d6 acid), Crush (Small creatures, DC 25, 2d8+13)
At will—Charm Person(DC 16), Entangle(DC 16), Suggestion(DC 18)
Spells Known (CL 7th)
3rd (5/day)—Dispel Magic, Haste
2nd (7/day)—Invisiblity, Mirror Image, Scintillating Scales
1st (8/day)—Grease(DC 16), Mage Armor, Shield, Silent Image(DC 16), Ventriloquism(DC 16)

Statistics

Str 28, Dex 14(20), Con 24, Int 22(28), Wis 16, Cha 20
Base Atk +18; CMB +29; CMD 44 (48 vs. trip)
Skills Bluff +26, Diplomacy +26, Disguise +23, Fly +17, Intimidate +26, Knowledge(Arcana) +30, Knowledge(Local) +30, Knowledge(Nature) +30, Knowledge(Religion) +30, Knowledge(The Planes) +30, Perception +24, Sense Motive +24, Spellcraft +29, Stealth +17, Swim +29
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfing, Infernal, Sylvan, Undercommon
SQ Trackless Step, Waterbreathing, Woodland Stride
Traits Warrior of Old(Elven Racial): +2 Init
Gear Amulet of Mind Blank(1/day), Belt of Dexterity +6, Bracers of Armor +5, Efficent Quiver, Handy Haversack, Headband of Intellect +6, Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend, Ring of Counterspell(Dispel Magic), Ring of Sustenance, +1 Keen Elven Curve Blade of Warning, +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow(+9 Str), Adventuring Gear

Tahlmah 
Male Mature Adult Green Dragon Fighter 1
LE Huge Dragon (Air) - Medium Humanoid (Sun Elf)
Init +16; Senses Low-Light Vision; Perception +24

Defense

AC 20, Touch 15, Flat-Footed 15; (+5 Armor, +5 Dex)
HP  246 (17d12+1d10+126)
Fort +19, Ref +15, Will +13

Offense

Speed  30ft
Space 5ft; Reach 5ft
Melee    +1 Keen Elven Curve Blade of Warning +28/+23/+18/+13  (1d10+14 15-20/x2)
Ranged  +1 Composite Elvencraft Composite Longbow + 22/+17/+12/+7 (1d8+10 /x3)
At will—Charm Person(DC 16), Entangle(DC 16), Suggestion(DC 18)
Spells Known (CL 7th)
3rd (5/day)—Dispel Magic, Haste
2nd (7/day)—Invisiblity, Mirror Image, Scintillating Scales
1st (8/day)—Grease(DC 16), Mage Armor, Shield, Silent Image(DC 16), Ventriloquism(DC 16)

Statistics

Str 28, Dex 14(20), Con 24, Int 22(28), Wis 16, Cha 20
Base Atk +18; CMB +29; CMD 42
Skills Bluff +26, Diplomacy +26, Disguise +23, Fly +25, Intimidate +26, Knowledge(Arcana) +30, Knowledge(Local) +30, Knowledge(Nature) +30, Knowledge(Religion) +30, Knowledge(The Planes) +30, Perception +24, Sense Motive +24, Spellcraft +29, Stealth +25, Swim +29
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfing, Infernal, Sylvan, Undercommon
SQ Trackless Step, Woodland Stride
Traits Warrior of Old(Elven Racial): +2 Init
Gear  Amulet of Mind Blank(1/day), Belt of Dexterity +6, Bracers of Armor +5, Efficent Quiver, Handy Haversack, Headband of Intellect +6, Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend, Ring of Counterspell(Dispel Magic), Ring of Sustenance, +1 Keen Elven Curve Blade of Warning, +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow(+9 Str), Adventuring Gear

Breath Weapon (Su): Using a breath weapon is a standard action. A dragon can use its breath weapon once every 1d4 rounds, even if it possesses more than one breath weapon. A breath weapon always starts at an intersection adjacent to the dragon and extends in a direction of the dragon’s choice. Breath weapons come in two shapes, lines and cones, whose areas vary with the dragon’s size. If a breath weapon deals damage, those caught in the area can attempt Ref lex saves to take half damage. The save DC against a breath weapon is 10 + 1/2 dragon’s HD + dragon’s Con modifier. Saves against various breath weapons use the same DC; the type of saving throw is noted in the variety descriptions. A dragon can use its breath weapon when it is grappling or being grappled.
Crush (Ex): A flying or jumping Huge or larger dragon can land on foes as a standard action, using its whole body to crush them. Crush attacks are effective only against opponents three or more size categories smaller than the dragon. A crush attack affects as many creatures as fit in the dragon’s space. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Ref lex save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon) or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the dragon moves off them. If the dragon chooses to maintain the pin, it must succeed at a combat maneuver check as normal. Pinned foes take damage from the crush each round if they don’t escape. A crush attack deals the indicated damage plus 1-1/2 times the dragon’s Strength bonus..
Dragon Senses (Ex): Dragons have have darkvision 120ft. and blindsense 60 ft. They see four times as well as a human in dim light and twice as well in normal light.
Frightful Presence (Ex): This special quality makes a creature’s very presence unsettling to foes. Activating this ability is a free action that is usually part of an attack or charge. Opponents within range who witness the action may become frightened or shaken. The range is usually 30 feet, and the duration is usually 5d6 rounds. This ability affects only opponents with fewer Hit Dice or levels than the creature has. An affected opponent can resist the effects with a successful Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 frightful creature’s racial HD + frightful creature’s Cha modifier; the exact DC is given in the creature’s descriptive text). An opponent that succeeds on the saving throw is immune to that same creature’s frightful presence for 24 hours. Frightful presence is a mind-affecting fear effect.
Trackless Step (Ex): An adult or older green dragon does not leave a trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked. A green dragon can choose to leave a trail, if it so desires.
Water Breathing (Ex): A green dragon can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use its breath weapon, spells, and other abilities while submerged.
Woodland Stride (Ex): A very young or older green dragon can move through any sort of foliage at full speed without taking damage or suffering impairment. Areas of foliage that have been magically manipulated affect it normally.

Gear/Equippment Prices                                          185,000gp

Amulet of Mind Blank(1/day)                                        48,000gp
Headband of Intellect(Disguise, K Local & Planes) +6  36,000gp
Belt of Dexterity +6                                                      36,000gp
Bracers of Armor +5                                                    25,000gp
Ring of Counterspell                                                       4,000gp
Masterwork Elven Curve Blade                                         380gp
+1 Weapon Enchantment                                               2,000gp
Keen Weapon Enchantment                                           6,000gp
Warning Weapon Enchantment                                     10,000gp
Masterwork Elvencraft Composite Longbow (+9 str)      1,600gp
+1 Weapon Enchantment(ranged)                                 2,000gp
Handy Haversack                                                           2,000gp
Efficent Quiver                                                               1,800gp
Metamagic Rod of Extend(Lesser)                                 3,000gp
Ring of Sustenance                                                        2,500gp- 180,280gp total (4720gp left)

Adventuring Gear                                                          4720gp

Acid x4                                                                                40gp
Alchemist's Fire x4                                                               80gp
Bandolier x2                                                                           1gp
Bedroll                                                                                   1sp
Belt Pouch                                                                             1gp
Blanket                                                                                  5sp
Canteen(Metal)                                                                      2gp
Crowbar                                                                                2gp
Dragon's Breath Arrows x40                                             100gp
Flint & Steel                                                                          1gp
Gear Maintenance Kit                                                            5gp
Grappling Arrow                                                                    1gp
Holy Water x4                                                                   100gp
Hooded Lantern                                                                    7gp
Liquid Ice x4                                                                     160gp
Mirror                                                                                 10gp
Oil x10                                                                                  1gp
Serpent-Tongue Arrows x80                                               12gp
Shovel, Folding                                                                    12gp
Silk Rope x100ft                                                                  20gp
Spell Component Pouch                                                         5gp
Sunrod x5                                                                            10gp
Tent, Hanging                                                                       20gp
Tindertwig x10                                                                     10gp
Torch x10                                                                              1sp
Convert 1gp to 10sp                                                              1gp -601gp total(4119gp left)

Delta Echo

Sorry for the delay in working up my character, been having connection issues. Hope to have her done soon. :)
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"