Justice League rpg.

Started by VoluptuousVixen, March 21, 2011, 06:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Quote from: EbonyQueen on April 19, 2011, 11:11:01 PM
And probably be pretty ornery.... with claws, or at least long fingernails still!

My character has the powers of an oedinary New God I'm sure scratches and bites from a normal mortal can't do much, it was worth the limit of not conquering planets for such advantages and she's not ambitious that way. Of course she does have to catch her to send her to a plane no small thing might be an amusing hunt getting her and avoiding anyone helping her.

And Mr. Lantern you forgot one weakness the color yellow that is a core Green Lantern weakness in the energy of the rings themselves so I think the GM needs to enforce this unless there is a canon source that can explain this. After all it affects how many other types of Lantern out there red, yellow, orange etc. and a few are noble lanterns not villianous ones. I don't mind creative license but lanterns are canon core groups with a long history any big shift needs to make sense.

1SAZ

Kyle's ring was created post release of Parallax and has no tie to the central power battery on Oa, meaning he is the ONLY Green Lantern with the Yellow Immunity before Parallax was put back in. After the Green Lanterns were reinstated but before Parallax became the Yellow Impurity again, a Lantern needed to face his fears before s/he/it could overcome yellow.

Because I lack the time to go back into my collection of comics and find the specific one that declared Kyle to be the first to not suffer the yellow impurity weakness, please refer to the second paragraph of this wiki page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Rayner#Powers_and_abilities

Pick whichever explination you prefer more, but Kyle doesn't have problems with yellow. Thank you for bringing that up.

RubySlippers

Oh ok we can just keep it simple the earliest Green Lantern was just one man with the battery and ring so I can see it but its a big move to stripping your character of a weakness. My buddy is the Green Lantern fanatic and brought up this is a way to activate the Black Lanterns if the energies are imbalanced and those are not good to have active.

Geek fights are fun but if the GM has no problems its fine by me.

Jmorty33

Damn you 1SAZ, I was about to make a Kyle character! THough I guess Hal will have to suffice.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

1SAZ

Ruby: I agree, losing that weakness is a minor problem as far as the Green Lanterns go, but it actually puts them on par with the other Lantern Corps. The yellow weakness was caused by Parallax being trapped in the power battery, not due to each of the others having an inherent weakness to the opposite color. With the yellow impurity, the Green Lanterns were at a huge disadvantage against the Sinestro Corps, which used yellow light constructs. The Green Lanterns have a number of other weaknesses and their power is based completely off their ability to maintain their constructs. The power of the red ring, however, is the direct counter to the Green Lantern's rings, draining them quickly.

Jmorty: Sorry, but Hal is dead in this game's timeline. See page 2 of this thread I believe.

Jmorty33

Kill Hal?... KILL HAL!? I believe that Batman was the one who died during the Darkseid attack, I refer to Blackest night Issue 0 page 7 panel 3, so I'm calling continuity error there. Besides how would Batman even be alive at this point, he wasn't brought back in Brightest Day, subsequently all the heros brought back in that arch did turn to white dust after completing their White Ring mission.

1SAZ

It's an alternate timeline where Hal died and not Batman? That's the best I got...

Jmorty33

Damn, continuity's only weakness, alternate universes!!! Oh well I guess I might decide to play as Doctor Fate or something.

NosCorventius

Jmorty: Lois is going for a darker reformation of the JLA so she thought the death of a major hero would explain both the Darker edge and the lack of a Justice League for the ^ months it took for the Villians to organize and start working together. Unfortunately Hal was put on the Altar. Happily though she is allowing almost every other Villain and Hero in the DC world.

The JLU and Legion of Dooms rosters are fully open plus some. Teen Titans, Doom Patrol, Young Justice, JSA, The Marvel Family, Etc. can be pulled from for the good Guys and The Baddies can come from the Flashes and/or Batmans Rogue Galleries,The Brotherhood of Evil, The Suicide Squad, the Injustice League, and more. Even Better is the fact everyone has the option to pick one Villain AND one Hero a piece. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. 

Jmorty33

Yeah, I was talking with Lois and she said I could bring him back, but I said no thinking if it's a major plot point I don't want to jack with anything. We'll let Kyle take over as the main Green Lantern. I decided I'm going with Doctor Fate, he can do all the stuff Green Lanterns can do and more plus he's magic so double bonus there.

RubySlippers

Quote from: 1SAZ on April 20, 2011, 10:19:37 PM
Ruby: I agree, losing that weakness is a minor problem as far as the Green Lanterns go, but it actually puts them on par with the other Lantern Corps. The yellow weakness was caused by Parallax being trapped in the power battery, not due to each of the others having an inherent weakness to the opposite color. With the yellow impurity, the Green Lanterns were at a huge disadvantage against the Sinestro Corps, which used yellow light constructs. The Green Lanterns have a number of other weaknesses and their power is based completely off their ability to maintain their constructs. The power of the red ring, however, is the direct counter to the Green Lantern's rings, draining them quickly.

Jmorty: Sorry, but Hal is dead in this game's timeline. See page 2 of this thread I believe.

Be interesting to see how The Green Lantern can withstand one of Earth's most powerful Homo Magi The Contessa, Black Adam is not really a mage he doesn't count. But at least he is honorable and an old soul like she is they likely see eye-to-eye on this. And since your a defender of Earth if your in the JLA I can't kill the Green Lantern now you become a policeman again and not tied to a planet as a protector all bets are off.

(blasts a practice target with magical lightning)

Doctor Fate finally a rival worthy of The Contessa we had that smelly demon running around not more than a nuisance, but still he is not a true mage you take the mask and secure it from a mortal host she can neutralize him. And keep her pact to The Source intact.

(blasts another practice target with magical lightning)

NosCorventius

So Jmorty you're planning on taking Doc Fate...this could get interresting a Lord or Order living in the same house as a demon possessed host. Together we should be able to conteract most spells but the rivalry and distatste for each possessing entity, despite the host mutual respect of one another, should be quite interesting to play.

TheScarletBlade

laughs quietly to himself at everyone picking sides and squaring off
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Mr Self Destruct

Superman is just going to have to get mean and kick all their asses! lol

VoluptuousVixen

Hey guys! Glad to see such intrest in the group again.
We do need a few more female characters though. Just to even out the playing Field.

This is the new Watchtower in the Game Based heart in the center of metropolis.
Yes it IS the Watchtower that is used in tv series Smallville.

The Blonde (for those who Dont know) is Chloe Sullivan. In this verse Chloe is very much alive.
However she like in the TV show has erdicated her identity and livining in hideing (And shes not married to Oliver)
Infact Chloe will be determined if a player Asks for her, she is now offically canon in the comics and a beloved smallville character.
But she is NOT going to take over from Babs Gordan as "Oracle" that role is very much filled in my mind.
Watchtower will be akin to Babra Gordans Clocktower that operates in Birds Of Prey.

Speaking of I think this lady should operate Watchtower

With funding initally from her best friends ex Oliver Queen it kinda makes sense no? Oracle seems like the perfect join to bring the Band back together. What is everyones thoughts on her been a None Playable Character we ALL control???

Watchtower is fully capable of hosting itelf as the Teams Headquaters. Supplied with Wayne and Queen teck, how can you go wrong?

Heroes can Also use it as a Home away from Home. Its an apartment Block that the upper floors have been converted.
Why Metropolis? Beacuse something "Dark" Is riseing in the beloved city of the Superman. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Watchtower is a large tower building located in the heart of Metropolis, with a loft apartment overlooking the whole of the city. It is the tallest building in Metropolis, towering over LuthorCorp Plaza.

The external appearance of the loft is similar to an observatory and is painted in green. It has circular windows surrounding it and one main window through which one can see the whole city. At the top has what appears to be a bell-tower like the cathedrals typically have.

The Watchtower building is located in a corner and covers an entire block. It has many small windows and the tower rises from the middle of edificion. The tower widens as it approaches the ground and this causes that three divisions can be seen on it. The first set ends with in a rooftop of the main building from where the other two sections rise up finishing in the apartment.

To access Watchtower, visitors use an elevator which is equipped with a security system to prevent any access to the building.

Inside, Watchtower is divided into two floors with stairs on both sides of the room. It has hanging lights and the walls are decorated with reliefs. Several drawers and furniture are scattered about the room as well as several books and a coffee machine.

The main door is shaped like a semicircle with stained glass and is the only route to the elevator. There is also a door located on the right side that leads to a hallway.

Downstairs, Watchtower has high tech computers and computer equipment and serves as the meeting center. It is decorated as an office with a sofa and a modern desktop as well as several computers on all the walls.
The main window is located on this floor and provides a comprehensive overview of the city. It has stained glass with the predominantly colors green, yellow and red, and is considerably larger in size to the point that a person can stand on it.

A medical laboratory located in the upstairs. This section is equipped with stretchers, medical equipment and also with multiple monitors. Some documents and tools are also stored in the upstairs.

Within the Building should be a Traning room (A gym if you like) For the Heroes to Spar.
Watchtower is equipped with technology that is provided by Queen Industries.

The Watchtower computers are capable of downloading large amounts of information at high speed, has a fairly comprehensive database and uses the most modern technology in communication.

Watchtower also has its own dedicated orbital satellite which was also developed and provided by Queen Industries. It also features a GPS system to track abnormal activity around the globe and also serves to track the team members.

The main elevator has a secret fingerprint detection system that leading to a digital scan and a password system. Although only team members have access to these passwords and system, the security can be circumvented using a handheld fingerprint scanner and a password hacker.

If an intruder breaks into the place or the systems are at risk of being severely hacked, Watchtower begins a lockdown protocol and sealed all exits. The sealing system is provided with metal security doors that can not be broken easily and where the bullets bounce off without problem. Also cuts the oxygen leaving a minimum supply and blocks all signals and communication with the outside. The disadvantage of this system is that it was designed to let the intruder locked but don't foreshadow the case where one member remain trapped inside and therefore has no emergency exit for the case.

Anyway, whats everyones thoughts???

RubySlippers

I was thinking can we do new non-canon characters after thinking about this I'd rather make up my own heroine and villian not in the DC universe and not a member of a society or existing organization than play Catwoman or The Contessa. Plus I am finding the power levels high for me and I'd like to wrench my two down to more modest levels.

Jmorty33

Superhero/villain: Doctor Fate
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual (Switch)
Base of Operations: Tower of Fate, Watchtower
Powers: Without Helmet of Nabu: Telekinesis, levitation, and mastery of some spells. With Helmet of Nabu: Mystical Bolts, Energy Blasts, Flight, Astral Projection, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Super Strength, and Transmutation.
Weaknesses: His weakness is his mortality, without the Helmet of Nabu he's just a standard mortal with some knowledge of the mystic arts and not as powerful as he is with The Helmet of Nabu.

History: Kent Nelson was the son of archaeologist Sven Nelson, and the two of them were exploring the Valley of Ur in Mesopotamia when they discovered an underground pyramid. It contained Nabu, an ancient immortal from the planet Cilia who had been held in suspended animation for thousands of years. Kent released him, but the lever accidentally unleashed a poisonous gas that killed his father. It would later be revealed that Nabu engineered this situation to gain a new host. Nabu decided to mentor the young boy in the secrets of the universe, giving him incredible powers through total molecular control and taking his grief away from him. He would serve as an agent of the Lords of Order in their never-ending battle against the Lords of Chaos. Having finished his training, Nabu gave him an amulet, cloak and helmet to become a champion of good as Doctor Fate. Kent would go on adventures as Fate, although Nabu's spirit would always guide him through the helmet.

Activity: Ever since he heard about Superman's retreat from society after the death of Hal he moved to Metropolis and set up a physician practice in Metropolis. He frequently moves from the Tower of Fate and the Watchtower knowing that there is always a place for him there.   

Known Enemies: Anti-Fate • Blaze • The Clock • The Curse • Demons Three • Doctor Chaos • Gray Man • Ian Karkull • Joachim Hesse • Khalis • Kingdom • Kulak • Lords of Chaos • Mister Who • Mordru • Negal • The Octopus • Typhon • Wotan • Ymp

Appearance without costume:

Costume:

Equipment: Amulet of Anubis, Cloak of Destiny, and The Helmet of Fate

NosCorventius

The use of the watch tower makes a bit of sense given the events we've built here so far. With the large amount of distruction caused by Darksied it's easy to see the justice League being cut off from the portals that allow acess to the satilite via the hall of justice and/or that the satilite base might have substained critical damage and needs extensive repairs to be operational again. The Watchtower would be a mothballed base: a Bolthole reserve location that the origional smallville team knows of from their early days together. With a small amount of money and a few updates it would make a suitible base of Operations until the Hall and the orbital Watchtower come back online. Just my thoughts....

~Nos~

VoluptuousVixen

PROLOGUE:

She gazed out the beautiful window looking down at the bright lights of the city below.
This was Metropolis, the biggest city in the world. At the height of agriculture and the economy.
It was truly a breath-takeing sight, especially at night. Her new home, sat up here in this ivory tower.
This was the home of heroes, the forefront of the modern sciences the apex of culture. Her eyes dazed across the street to the towering Luthorcopre plaza, the home of the Billionaire Lex luthor. A man who was the embodiment of everything that was wrong with this city.
Gotham was nothing like Metropolis, it was dark and githic...streets filled with crime. The dived from the wealthy and the poor was painstackingly obvious but here in the glamerous Metropolis such dived was well hidden.

She was a Gotham Girl through to her bones.  Her entire young life had been devoted to makeing that city a better place.
But now she was needed here and as much as she was dazzled by the inviteing sights and sounds of this bold city she knew a differnt kinde of corruption existed here. In some ways that made it more dangerous, in Gotham you can see the danger all around you but here in Metropoils it was hard to seperate the good from the bad. Men like Lex Luthor (a nortious criminal) could walk the streets and still sit up high in his glass castle. Well times were about to change and for the better.

Her name is Barbara gordon. She had been many things in her life, student, Daughter, Librarian, teacher and superhero.
Now she was on the verge of becoming something bigger then all of them combind. It frightened her a great deal. But she`d been in the presence of Gods in her young life so she took many deep breaths and focussed on her misssion.
She was the Ghost in the Machine now, crippled by a hediuos attack from Gothams most wanted a man named the Joker.
The last few years confined to a wheelchair her spine broken beyond repair. Fate had turned her into the ORACLE. A hero who fought battles a differnt way to her previous incarnation, the Batgirl (Sidekick to Gothams Dark Knight). The internet was her battlefeild the world of the Cyber her surroundings. She was connencted to the most powerful inderviduals in the world, all through the power of the modern machine.

She rolled herself back and looked around her. The new Watchtower, heart in the city of Metropolis. Her new home and base of operations. This was to act as the meeting ground for what was to come. The road ahead was a long and tough one. But her corse was simple and things had never been clearer. Her mission...To give the world back the Justice league.

Sadly she smiled as she moved over to her nearest laptop (the room was simply filled with them) she logged on and started typeing away at her computer. The game was set and ready to go.

VoluptuousVixen

WONDER WOMAN (tag Anyone) "The Amazon of Metropolis"

She ran down the streets, croweded. The pavement been pounded as her heels clicked and clocked down.
Her long Dark hair cascadeing in the wind, her face hardened as she relentlessly pursed her "Prey".
Passers by flung themselves to the side (nearly into the road) as she passed them at nearly the speed of light.
But they knew who she was, Wonder Woman! Amazon princess of Themiscara. Who over a decade ago came to their world from her amazon paridise to fight in justice and bridge the gap between all nations and cultures, to be the utimate Ambassidor for peace.
Times had changed, the world had hardend her and hse was no longer the loveing princess she had been.
Now she was more like many of her Sisters back home, she was a warrior born and her softness was nothing but a mere memory.

As she ran she grabbed at her right hand side her trusty goldern lasso, a weapon which over the years and saved her time and time again. A pieace of the purest and oldest magic which could make anyone under ore tiead to it tell the truth.  She swirled it up in the air and threw it at her target. Winslow Scott aka the deadly ToyMan.

Winslow ha been a toymaker for Luthorcope many years ago, who after Lex fired and humiliated him turned into a criminal mastermind.
He had been an enemey of Superman for years. But now the Man of Steel was gone. After what the press were calling the "EVENT" which had seen the Earth on the brink of eniliation from the Aleian warlord known as Darkside. Heores fell, friends and the justice league (The team she was once a proud member of) had broken apart. Guilt of looseing one of their dearst friends.

Toyman had bolted across the busy road, nearly been run down by a taxi cab to the entrance of Metropolis Park. But Diana`s lasso swirled through the air and wrapped around his legs causeing him to fall at the gate entrace. BAMM. He was face first on the pavement.
She jumped through the air (Her blasted powers had recently been diminished after a run in with Zeus himself, king of the gods) And Diana could no longer take to the skys like Appollo.

She landed gracefully and now towerd over the overweight and pigih littel man. "What are you up to Toyman?" She angrily spat.
All femminiaty from her voice was eridicated. This whole nights events had started when she overheard on the intercom of her Jet that an unusual hold up with MPD had been going down at the docks. A shipment from Japan had come in and there had been a serious attack, the police showed up attempting to quarenteen the situation but had been out-mand. Diana no longer held a double idenetity as Diana Prince (the life she had in new york, her job at the Museam...her friends...Steve and Etta it was all gone) After the "Event" she dedicated herself completely to Wonder Woman. Flying around in her invisable jet around the world. Wherever needed her she was there.
Sporting a new *tougher* costume and haveing littel patience with her foes.

Since Superman vanished she spent a majority of her days here in Metropolis, crime was riseing despite her efforts as well as general civil unrest, hate crimes and riots. Nothing knew to a city like Star City ore Gotham but very unusaul for Metropolis. She had arrived at the Docks twenty minutes ago. To finde it was none other then the Toyman leading a bunch of henchmen as they stole hightech Japeniese equipment, it looked like lazor tech but Diana couldnt be sure. Whatever he wanted with it would have no good end, so as she fought off his 8 henchmen Winslow escaped with something tucked under his left arm. Diana picked him off the ground and turned him around to face her. His fat littel face was flushed and his right lense from his glasses had cracked. She held him off the ground by the scruff of his neck, she`d chased him across town but now he was caught.

"What were you doing with...UHGGNNNG!!" before she could finish her setence she was hit from behind it was a painful bolt of electric energy. She was dazed her body had been flung forward from the unkown blast. She was no longer holding Winslow but on the floor. She had a feeling who her attacker was and slowly turned her had to look up, her back was sizzling smoke. Sure enough she saw that Toymans rescuer was none other then Livewire (another of Supermans foes) TGhe yonug pyschotic girl grinned at her.
"Ive been wanting to do that for years you self rightous BITCH!" She hissed at Diana. Takeing down Livewire would be harder as she was a rather strong Meta Human.

WONDER WOMAN

TAG

Temping Toyman
And Livewire

Jmorty33

So wait, do we post here or are you going to make a thread in the group section?

Mr Self Destruct

We should probably move what posts there are to an appropriate group game section.

Jmorty33

But wait, where would it go small or big group section?

NosCorventius

it should probably go here NC: Human-Freeform Small Groups I dont see us getting into the territory of Extreme Play but Non-con, Bondage, BDSm, Etc I could see coming up. Also you can only move a game into big groups after the group hits a 1000 posts. So for now we're a small group.

Jmorty33

You really think it can go into the NC area... Wait I see your point there Corventius