Feed the Flames (Seeking literate partner(s) of any gender)

Started by Phoenixrisen, January 15, 2012, 11:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenixrisen

Before we Begin:

Hello and welcome to my request thread. It should be updated from time to time as I come up with more ideas, so feel free to check back.

I would like to make it clear from the beginning that though the ideas listed below are all calling for a male and female character with me playing the female, I by no means require that the player gender match the character gender. Along those same lines, I'm generally going to be willing to take the male role, or switch around the genders. To clarify, though the story ideas listed below are all written as M/F with the right partner I'd be willing to modify them to be F/F or M/M, or take the male role in the original M/F. If you want to play a transgender character, please do, but I don't feel that I'm up to playing such a character at this time.

What I'm looking for in a roleplay partner is simple. Someone who can put a sentence together and write in paragraphs. I don't expect perfection, but please at least try with spelling and grammar. Someone who will keep at least enough OOC communication to let me know if there are issues with the story, or if they're going to be gone for a few weeks. I don't mind waiting for posts. I can be a bit of a slow poster myself, but I do try to let my partner know if it's going to be much more than a week or so, and would appreciate the same.

My likes, dislikes, and roles I will for sure play can all be found in my roleplay preferences, that nifty little link under my avvie, and I would appreciate it if you would read them before contacting me about a story, just as I will before I get back to you. You will also find links to some of my roleplays there, if you're curious for a writing sample. The links are far from up to date at the moment, I do apologize, revamping those is my next big project. I will say that very little is set in stone, and there are offs that I may consider if there is a logical reason that they are necessary to, or would otherwise enhance the story. Anything that belongs in the toilet does not fall into that category, but most others do, provided that it's plot relevant and we've talked about it before hand.

I think that about covers the boring stuff. So, onward to story ideas.

High Fantasy Cravings:

Right now, my mind is very much set in want of fantasy. You know the kind set in far off, fantastical worlds full of magic and mayhem? Yeah, that kind of place. Where the sky is some outlandish color or there's more than one moon. Or maybe all of the above. Or maybe, we're simply borrowing an existing world from the realms of Dungeons and Dragons or our favorite fantasy authors. The settings, as long as they are in an age of Lord's and Ladies, Kings and Knights, are largely up for discussion. Magic! My mind, my muse, and my very soul want magic! Dragons too!

A Trip Through Faerie: (Any)

Modern Earth. It's a place of hard science and magic is seen as no more than slight of hand or superstition. Supernatural beings are no more than tales from an ancient time. Yet, what if they once were real. What if they had existed?

Nichole Micheals had always been a dreamer. Now more than ever she needs those dreams to save her from her real life. Twenty-three, divorced and separated from her child as her ex-husband had managed to convince the courts that she was quite insane. Was it her fault that she saw things that most other people couldn't? When a person's aura told you that bad things were going to happen, how could you in good conscious not tell them?

Now she's homeless, with nowhere to turn. It's in the park that she first sees it. The will-o-wisp. Willing to chance her own misfortune at the possibility of great rewards, she follows the creature to a chasm, and steps through.

Our story would pick up somewhere around here. I could play Nichole or who or whatever she meets on the other side. This could be light and fluffy, it could be on the darker side, just about anything goes here.

What I don't want to see from a partner is the dusting off of old faerie stories, we're making our own version of Faerie. While some of the usual tropes would still apply, most especially the more dark and twisted versions of tales, nothing is intended to be taken from what other tales or folklore would tell us directly.

A Fish out of Water: (Any)

This is a general trope I'm fond of. Have a character you want to throw into a world different from their own? I have such a world. :) Or, have a world of your creation that you want a character that's not of your design to play in? I could swing that one too. This is one of those general ideas that I would love to have more than one game based off of, they always turn out different and so very much fun.

The Huntress: (Any)

She was cool as the icy landscape she called home. A creature of the wilds just as much as any of the creatures that she called friend. Huntress, she was called by those who chanced to see her in the distance, but few knew where she'd come from. Few were willing to risk the wilds to learn of her.

Then the strangers came to town. People with a look much like that of the light haired Huntress. Her clan, they claimed to be. Come to return her to her rightful home amongst their people. Yet something seems off about these folk. They're a rough, brutish lot with tempers like the hottest of fires. Nothing like the cool calm Huntress that would come occasionally into town to trade her furs for the few supplies she could not make, gather, or grow.

Many are suspicious of these folk, but more are even more frightened. The mayor gives up her most likely location to get them out of town, that night, one of her few friends overhears the band talking of the horrible things they intend to do to the "princess who should not have lived" when the found her. It became clear that they were not there to take her home, but to see that she never returned to her homeland ever again.

Our story could pick up before this point, at it, or when your character finds the Huntress. The nature of your character is entirely up to you. This could have romance if you'd like, but just as easily it could be a story of friends setting out on a quest to restore the princess, or even just keep her alive. The exact scope of our story is up for discussion.

The Problem with Oracles: (Any)
Quote from:  The Voice of Gurnsk
Hair of Fire
Eyes of Ice
Ever onward
To smite avarice.
The year will come of famine and blood,
The world tremble, the dawn will quake,
Herald the coming of the one.
The true ruler of all.

The problem with Oracles, is they never speak clearly. Ginger knew that all too well. Named for her hair, she was born in the midst of a massive earthquake, add to these things that no one she tried to share it with would believe. She wasn't the one spoken of in the prophecy. Well, not the second one anyway. There had been another that day. Her mother had told her so when she was at the age of five. There had been another child born that day in the temple. A rather unremarkable boy. Brown of hair and eye. Her mother had seen him just before she'd gone into labor.

It hadn't taken much for the magically inclined Ginger to come to the conclusion that while she was to smite avarice, as she did so very often with her humor and her magic, she was not the true ruler. The prophecy spoke of two separate people. No, she was no more than the prophet. The problem with prophets was that no one ever believed them.

So it was up to her, to find the true king, and restore him to his throne before the nobles of the land, without a ruler for far too long could terrorize the countryside and the people who were supposed to be under their care no more. There was of course the issue of finding that boy however, much more difficult now that he was a man. If a young one...

I expect this story to be a little more light and fluffy than some might turn out. This one will probably take a good deal of discussion before the RP even starts to get the details ironed out, but I anticipate posting to start before they meet. Not by too much, though. Maybe he's the first person she comes across who believes that she may be right and as such joins her in her quest. Maybe he's a highwayman and tries to rob her but she recognizes some mark that her mother told her of. The possibilities are near endless.

Other Story Ideas:

The Cutter: (Any)
A working title. Kiera is a highly depressed young woman, but she hides it very well. She wasn't always as she is now, but then her parents divorced, and her "new daddy" was an abusive ass. One day he went too far, and she was raped, in a failed attempt to kill herself, she started to cut. She ran away from home not long afterwards, starting a new life with a fake identity. She couldn't run from the pain though, and the cutting only got worse. No one in her new life knows, she's ashamed to tell them what caused it, much less that she hurts herself on purpose because it helps with the pain that she can not control.

To them she is a social butterfly. Constantly cheerful, but the facade just makes things worse, takes energy she doesn't have. So she gets more and more desperate, looks for way to hide the pain, to take it away. Ways that don't involve only the knife, because she doesn't want to die.

This story could go any number of ways, I only request is that my partner's character be either the strong, forceful type, or a father figure type. I could play this as purely modern or modern fantasy, but do want to play it in a modern setting.

Minding a Princess:
(Vanilla - Bondage) [Taken]
Start with a strong willed princess, just about to turn twenty-one, add in a kingdom in turmoil because her father has been missing for several months, and a rule of law that requires she wed before her twenty-first birthday or the kingdom is forfeit. What is the king's Knight Commander to do in his liege's stead?

I want to play this as more of a light fluffy story with a dark side. We can work out the particulars together, if anyone is interested. What I would like to see from this one is a fantasy story, in some generic fantasy setting.

The Darkness in the Light:
A very general idea that I'm usually up to with the proper partner, involving the corruption of innocence.
Here's an example:
Lost:
There's a tale from long ago of an angel. One who was taken and tortured by the demons of Hell. That story was true. Now he's been released unto the world to wreck what chaos he may. Lost to pain and anger with a thirst for vengeance he must be stopped and so the Host of Heaven send their most favored to show him the light. She's young, barely more than a girl but with the purist of hearts and the uncanny ability to love anything no matter how vile. Can she help the lost one? Will she be able to console him through his pain, or will he corrupt her beyond redemption?

The Road Not Taken:(Any)
Leigh McAllister, once the second half of the dreaded "Chimera" is now alone. In one fell swoop a crafty terrorist has stolen her family from her. Her sister and partner is no more. Her parents, the ones that had introduced her to the life of intrigue are long dead. Lost to the game that they played everyday with their lives. There's nothing left to do but hide.

With enemies around every corner, or so it seems, can Leigh find a way to lead a normal life? Can she disappear into the world of the average person? Her life may depend on her ability to walk the road not taken.

There's a lot of leeway, and a lot of ways this one could go. Maybe your character is a government agent. Maybe their an average every day person. Or perhaps they're the villain themselves. I would even be willing to run this as a group game if someone was willing to co-GM. I was wanting to set this in Colorado Springs because it's the right size for someone to go disappear into without being overly obvious. If you wanted to play off of that and add elements of Stargate I'd be willing to talk about it. Pretty much, if you're interested there's a lot to talk about so come to me with your ideas and we can work it out from there.

In Dreams: (Any)[Taken, but would consider another game for a good enough idea.]
MacKenzie Metzer was just out of high school when the dreams first began. She didn't know what they meant. In the beginning they were blurry around the edges. Hints of eyes, a voice that echoed in her ears after she woke. Over time they became clearer.  Coalesced into the form a man that she'd never met. So the dreams continued, becoming more vivid, more frightening. He would tell her things, this man in her dreams. Things about herself that she never would have guessed.

Kenzie, as she preferred to be called however had a special gift. One that got her into great amounts of trouble. She could walk through walls. She wasn't sure where the gift came from. Only that she could do so, it was a secret she guarded carefully, but one day, it got out. She was approached then by a group of people that called themselves "Oasis". The wanted her to retrieve things for her. Dangerous magical things. Things that could cause harm if they fell into the wrong hands. Sheltered by overprotective adoptive parents, Kenzie was just naive enough not to question how she could possibly know that theirs were the right ones. So it was that she was used, and cast aside when she ceased to be of use. Cast right into prison.

That's when she met him for the first time. The man from her dreams, and he was there to free her. Would he be her salvation, or would he pave her way to hell?

This is going to be a modern fantasy. If you wish your character to be of the good or the evil is up to you. A little guessing is always fun.

Fluffy Bunnies:

This is a special section specifically for roleplay ideas that are of the soft, fluffy persuasion and intended to stay that way. Now if you really like something you see here and have a very good idea for a darker version please pitch it me! Most things found in this section will be romantic in nature. Please note that drama, action, and adventure will likely still be present, just presented in a manner that would be more family friendly, you know, except for the inevitable sex scenes... Humor and cuteness are to be expected. Oddly enough, this is probably where I would be most receptive to a D/s relationship roleplay. Just so long as the Dom is the gentler kind. Alright, I think that's about enough on the intent of the section. Let's get on to the ideas, shall we?

You're a What?:

It's a simple case of woman meets man. Or at least that's how it seems at first when he bumps into her in the mall. She falls down, he helps her up, they get to talking. Unbeknownst to her however, he's a spy, and has slipped something into her purse to ensure it gets safely out of the mall.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a more modern Scarecrow and Mrs. King. For those who don't know what that is, it's an 80's spy show, very family friendly and full of humor. That's what I'm going for with this one.

To Catch a Wolf:

What's the best way to catch a wolf? Why that's simple, just think like one!

There's a feral beast terrorizing the countryside. It's doing the unthinkable, tearing up peoples undergarments while they hang on the line. Within a week, the people of the town are without any undergarments to wear without making new ones. The worst part? The townsfolk have seen a wolf doing so, but no one has caught the fell beast.

Gathering their courage, the townsfolk send their best hunter into the woods to find the Forest Maiden. No one knows her name, only that she was raised by wolves and therefore can understand them in ways that no one else could. Can she help them catch the beast and save their modesty?

Through the Gate:

This is perhaps the only fandom roleplay request you will see from me in which cannon characters are expected.

This could go one of two ways:

Way one: SG-1 (Any or all members) end up in a world they can't seem to find a way off of. They came through the Stargate, but there wasn't one to be found on this side. What happened here, and how do they get home? More to the point, what are with all these creatures that look like they came out of Middle Earth? (They end up on Sakura, a world of my creation.)

Way two: No one is sure where she came from, but a small red headed person who can't seem to speak a lick of English is in their mess hall. What inevitably happens in a situation like this? Any available member of SG-1 gets to clean it up, that's what.

This is perhaps the only time I will be willing to rp cannon characters though my major would of course be the original one in the second way, or the people's they encounter in the first. If you want to have a little fun with this, feel free. I don't really expect anyone to be fully in character in this one, though kudos if you can write them that way.

Fandoms in Which I Will Play:

I'm going to preface this section by making it clear that I do not play cannon characters as player characters. If you have a wish to, I will play opposite them happily enough. I just prefer to fic for interaction between cannon characters as to avoid misunderstandings or perceptual issues. That said, here's the list:

1. Stargate: SG1
2. Highlander
3. Lost Girl
4. The Bedlam's Bard universe
5. Buffy:TVS
6. Tamora Pierce's Tortall
7. Torchwood/ Dr. Who: This one could be a little tricky not involving any cannon characters too much though...
8. Forgotten Realms: As a freeform, not using the D&D systems as more than a general guide with no rolls involved.
9. Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar
10. Gallagher Girls books

Those are just the ones that come to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others, so feel free to ask. I think that about sums it up for now. Thank you for taking the time to read through this, and happy roleplaying.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Phoenixrisen

Please note these bits don't really have any specific ideas that go with them, they just spark the thought that there could be a really nifty story in them somewhere if it could be worked out. If there are any general ideas, they will be listed with the image/song.

Everyday Hero(song)

Anyone can be a hero. All they have to do is see the opportunity and seize it.
A Vagabond's Tale(song)

What comes to mind for this one is a very Robin Hoodesque tale. With some kind of vigilante challenging a higher power and making the people in general believe that they do have power.
So Cold(song)

This one makes me think of a spy story. Maybe they used to be partners and one of them managed to get out safely only to be found and their old partner is sent to kill them. Or maybe a more mundane tale in which the one who used to be strong and seemed to have everything turns out to be the one in need when they meet again years later.
Second Chances(song)

There was no one to blame but themselves, they'd made their bed now they had to live with the consequences.
The Forest Maiden(picture)

She was raised in the forest by a mother who had fled the world of man. As she grew she came to realize that she had a gift. She could understand the animals around her without the need for words. Then one day, the men came.

That's it for now. I'm sure more will be forthcoming. Again, thank you for your time and happy roleplaying.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Phoenixrisen

Updates:
Added fandoms section, and modified last post into multimedia prompts section.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Phoenixrisen

New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Phoenixrisen

Updated:

Marked off taken stories and added the "Fluffy Bunnies" section with a serious hope that someone will bite on one of them.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Phoenixrisen

Updated:
Updated current cravings.
Added "The Problem with Oracles" and "The Huntress".
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Phoenixrisen

Update:

Reworked some phrasing and reopened "The Road Not Taken" and "The Cutter."

Edit: Was pointed out that I hadn't unstruck things as well as I'd thought, has been fixed.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21