Starcraft (Story Emphasis) [Closed]

Started by Question Mark, September 17, 2012, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question Mark

I've received the first character sheet...  Don't be shy people!

Aiden

Name and Rank: Sergeant Clint Stone
Callsign: "Spanner"
Current Faction: Dominion
Former Factions: Confederacy, Sons of Korhal, Raynor's Raiders (Caught "resocialzed" and conscripted by the Dominion)

Combat Role: Armored Assault Trooper
Skills: Top notch Mechanic, on and off field training, on smaller vehicles (vultures, Goliath, siege tanks), has experimented endlessly with the standard issue CMC suits and has been known to change his arsenal based on a mission.
Training: Started in Alpha Squad as a mechanic, jumped into a fire bat suit and never looked back.

Appearance: Ryan Hurst from Sons of Anarchy
Combat Suit/Uniform: CMC 660- Heavily modified to swap out one of both Perdition flamethrower(s)
Uniform/Non-Combat Clothing: Dress blues (never worn), Jeans and Leather or mechanic jump suit/ overalls when not in CMC suit.
Scars: Burn scars up left arm, various slashing scars from zerg attacks that have clawed past his armor. Large scar down his thigh and across his chest.
Tattoos: Alpha Squadron logo across his heart, the "Blood Hawk" insignia tattooed in red across his entire back. Both arms have an "inferno motif" sleeve to cover up the burn scars when he almost died the first time he jumped into a suit.
Noticeable Marks: Long beard and hair he usually braids, refuses to cut

Weaponry:
Perdition flamethrower (Bear Claw nozzles)- When using both primary weapons. - Usable with Juggernaut plating (Melee mode)
Napalm rockets are a rocket weapon system designed for firebats, They are long-ranged weapons, and have both guided and non-guided modes. (Artillery mode) - Juggernaut plating not recommended in order to optimize ammunition and mobility
"Spanner Special" - One arm of each, Ammunition limited, but is able to utilize Juggernaut plating best when near a supply depot to restock his ammo.
"In development" - Acquire a "Marauder" 5-4 Armored Infantry Suit for "Spare parts"

Vehicle: Salvaged Vulture (pending Gm approval)
Equipment: Self made and maintained "Juggernaut" plating that is sometimes sacrificed in order to become more mobile or field a different weapon (see weaponry)

Birthplace: Tarsonis City, Tarsonis
Major Battles: The Sara System Wars, The defense of Tarsonis (Deserted to the Raiders), The many battles with the Raiders up until his capture and "resocializtion"
Biography:
Clint Stone was the last person one would expect to find in the corp. He came from a prominent family and while he was not of the "Old families", they had enough sway to avoid the draft or criminal charges that would result in enlistment. Clint was a wild child, arrogant and felt he could rule the world because his family was a well known "speeder bike" manufacturer and he had money to burn. The "rebel" spent plenty of time partying with the "upper class" citizens of the city and ignored his god given gifts that many of the Stone family were graced with. Most Stones excelled in mechanic work, it was the reason they stood above the others when the original ships landed long before his time. Despite his parents wishes he continued to waste away his life until he messed with the wrong man's daughter.

The judge made it simple, enlist or jail. His parents swore they would be able to make some calls and get him out, sadly those calls never made it and Clint stone managed a "clear" past boot camp. His skills were noticed and he was promptly assigned to Alpha Squadron, with no way to get out except to serve his time he attempted to make the best of it. His job was simple, he spent most of his time tucked away in the service bays and never saw combat, that was until Duke's flag ship was shot down on Antigua Prime.

Clint happened to be on that ship and staying alive meant that non combativeness like him had to suit up, it was the best (and scariest) decision of his life. The former brat thrived in the suit, managed not to embarrass himself as they were being airlifted he was taken down by a horde of zerglings. The tanks in his suit were punctured and he almost lost his arms to burns but he passed out a Confederate and woke up a Son of Korhal.

Arcturus Mengsk had saved them but anyone in Alpha Squadron knew their enemy was this rebel terrorist but they owed their lives to the man and Clint served. In those years Clint found in the corp what he had lacked all his life, a brotherhood but all that changed when he learned that Arcturus had ordered for the psi emmiters placed on Tarsonis, dooming his home planet. Like many others he deserted to the raiders and fought along side the Outlaw Jim Raynor for a period of time before going his own way as a mercenary.

Life was good, he had settled down and worked security for a bar on an off world planet until the Dominion rolled in and he was identified as a deserter. He made it clear he loathed Mengsk and everything the Dominion stood for, big mistake. After serving time on the Icehouse and a "failed" socialization, he was conscripted back into the corp and set on backwater assignments despite his long history of combat and service.

Other Notes: While never considered by the special ops program of the confederacy or dominion, Clint managed to avoid having his memories erased by the "resocialization". Gaps in his memories exist and he becomes very annoyed when he finds one but he will never forget that Arcturus Mengsk ordered the death of his family and waits for the day to have his vengeance, leave the Dominions once more or even join the raiders if it is his only option.

CMC suit and stock arsenal

Aiden

Countdown0

Question Mark, can I post my character here? :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Question Mark

I've only received three characters so far!!  Koyuma, Shadow, Rachubka, Cold, Silk, and Urban: if you're still interested in this game, please let me know ASAP!  (or not, we'll just start without you)

I initially wanted to keep everyone's characters private for certain plot reasons that will remain undisclosed, but since Aiden posted his in this thread, everyone else can as well.  Primarch, Countdown, feel free to post your sheets.  Everyone else, you can still PM your sheet if you want, or you can just post it to this thread.

Characters people!  Chop chop!

SGTDan

Fuck yes, here comes a Marine!

God I love Starcraft power armor
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Question Mark

Nice to have you Dan!  I love powered armor too (thx Heinlein!)

I believe we're going to have a lot of military characters...  I wonder if anyone's going to make a civilian?

ShadowFox89

It makes sense, really......

Has anyone gone for the ghost/spectre? Wanna know before I start making.....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Question Mark

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 29, 2012, 11:44:07 PM
It makes sense, really......

I suppose.  I don't get it personally though.  The Starcraft game is almost entirely focused on the military aspects of the Koprulu Sector, so why would I make a military character?  It's been done to death; a civilian or non military character is much more interesting, a chance to explore new aspects of the 'Verse (to me anyways).

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 29, 2012, 11:44:07 PM
Has anyone gone for the ghost/spectre? Wanna know before I start making.....

Nope.  So far we have a protoss, an ex-firebat, and an ace Viking pilot.  Rachubka did express interest as a Ghost/Specter though, so I would collaborate/discuss the subject with her if I were you.

SGTDan

Do you mind if I make a Sergeant with a sqaud under my command?
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Aiden

I am not glued to my current rank, I was going off the original starcraft ranking, I was not sure if Firebats were corporals or sargs.

Either way, due to my history, I don't care if my rank is lower

Wargtass

Very intriguing indeed... are we still allowed to submit Protoss? The scenario seem to be heavily focused on humans is all, but I wouldn't mind being more in the background at the start of it all.
O/O

Question Mark

Protoss are eligible, but they will require a little extra effort.  After all, the terrans already have a reason to be there, but a protoss will need a unique reason.  If you want to make a protoss, I'd suggest talking to Countdown.  He's already submitted one of the Firstborn, so maybe you could collab something.  *shrug* It's up to you!

BTW, I'm still waiting on a bunch of sheets.  I'm starting this game one way or another Tuesday night, regardless of who's actually submitted.  If you want to participate, get your character done!

Wargtass

I'll give him a poke, I do not dare make any move until I know what he has in mind. Would be a bit weird if there were two High Templars after all...
O/O

ShadowFox89

Posted, I hope that's good. Once I get her approved, I'll PM QM with other parts...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Question Mark

Primarch

Wargtass

Quote from: Question Mark on October 02, 2012, 09:57:54 AM
Dat anime  >:(

Barely, by the usual standard. Me and Countdown is nearly done with our plotting, so the Protoss should arrive soon.
O/O

Question Mark

Quote from: Wargtass on October 02, 2012, 10:33:46 AM
Barely, by the usual standard. Me and Countdown is nearly done with our plotting, so the Protoss should arrive soon.

It's not a realistic picture, and doesn't tell me what her face looks like, which is a pet peeve of mine.  *shrug*

Wargtass

Quote from: Question Mark on October 02, 2012, 10:45:06 AM
It's not a realistic picture, and doesn't tell me what her face looks like, which is a pet peeve of mine.  *shrug*

Well same could be said about any image that is not a detailed sketch or photograph. It's hard to find pictures that describes exactly the vision you exactly have in mind. I for one usually find a picture that I can build the character around rather than try to find a picture for a pre-conceptualized character.

I don't really see a problem in it, mostly because I always re-imagine any roleplay-characters into a more animated kind of comic-book style in my head, no matter what image is shown to me. I think it might be a defense-mechanism I have developed over the years because of the very large mix of image styles that are being used in these kind of forum-RP communities.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.  ;D
O/O

Primarch

I'm the same. Generally speaking if I'm running a game that's not based on anime, I request no anime as its generally very visually inconsistent with everything else people will be using or outright inappropriate. I always get a PM asking if someone can use "an appropriate anime picture" and its never appropriate, unrealistic proportions/wilde hair colours/gigantic shoes. Or someone will outright post an app with anime then I've got to be the bad guy and request it changed. Very unfair on someone going to the effort of setting up and running a game.

ShadowFox89

It's not a realistic picture, and doesn't tell me what her face looks like, which is a pet peeve of mine.  *
shrug*

It's from the Ghost Academy graphic novel  :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Question Mark

Heh, it's really not that big of a deal.  I get what Fox is going for with his character; anime is just a pet peeve of mine, and usually makes for a very poor portrait.  His picture honestly isn't that bad, but it's still anime...

I personally like very realistic, descriptive, and portrait-like pictures for my characters.  Appearances are just that: what they look like.  And IMO, that's all they should be.  But to each their own!

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 02, 2012, 11:15:53 AM
It's from the Ghost Academy graphic novel  :P

Really?  I guess I can see that.  It's still anime though :p

ShadowFox89

I just pulled it off the wiki and that's what the tag said.

I hate using photos because I can never find someone who looks like how I want. It's easier to get a sketch or drawing, this one just happens to be in a style other than ugly.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wargtass

If it's just a pet peeve, go to the veterinarian and have it put down. If you see a real issue with it, enforce it.

In the same way don't post anime-pictures when the mod specifically asked not to. It's not really something that will slip by him.
O/O