The Matrix Rebooted (Interest Check)

Started by OHWceta, October 03, 2012, 07:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

I dont see too many Matrix RPs anymore so here goes.

Plot:
Several years after the events of the film, the machines have turned on their promise to free any humans from The Matrix. Now Morpheus continues his quest to free minds when news of The ONE surfaces. Now the search begins to find him, and prevent the resurfacing of his other, the reincarnation of Agent Smith.

Rules:
Players can play as both OCs and Canon characters. But to play anyone canon to the films a player MUST have AT LEAST one OC as their primary character.
No Godmoding - In otherwords, only The ONE is capable of certain actions, and if you are him, think "What Would Neo Do?" If he couldnt handle such a situation in the films, The ONE cant in this RP either.
Zion is safe by truce, anywhere outside Zion is no-man's land and open to attack from the machines.
----Crew information----
Though Zion has built more ships since the events of the films, the crews will mostly be from 3 different Ships. Most of the RP characters belong to the Archangel's crew. Then we have Morpheus and Niobe being heavily connected to the story.
The Neo Nebuchadnezzar - Morpheus' new ship. Named after his old one but with the prefix Neo which is often used to represent an improved version of the original, it's also named such in honor of Neo.
-Canon-
Morpheus - (Me)
Link - Available
Remaining Crew Unnoted
The Archangel - Geo's ship and home to most of the OC cast of characters. A small ship of relatively new build, good for quick escapes from machine territory.
-OC-
Captain: Geo - (Me)
First Mate - Available (Counts as one of the additional positions I need below)
Operator: Sparx - (Me)
The ONE - Available**
Female Love Interest* - Available
Additional crew - I'd like about 3-5 with an even mix of male and female
The Logos II - Rebuilt after the original, not much has changed aside from minor upgrades.
-Canon-
Niobe - Available
Ghost - Available
Sparks - Available

*For the female love interest I'm hoping to have a love triangle between her, The ONE, and my "Agent Smith". The goal is that she brings out my agent's human side to convince him to turn on the machines and help them instead.
** The ONE WILL die at the end of the RP, you have been warned before you claim this role.

Other Available Canon Characters - Some characters like Niobe belong to their respective ships and crews but the ships are not a plot point to the main storyline, other OCs are Matrix only and not associated with any Crew.
Agent Smith - (Me)
Plot related programs: The Oracle, Architect, The Merovingian, the Trainman - (Me)
Seraph - Available
Kid (Michael Popper)- Available
Let me know if you'd like to play a canon character, if they're not listed then I'll have to approve their inclusion into the plot. First come first serve.

I'll post up character bio information tomorrow or Friday.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

OHWceta

Character Bio Sheet--------------------------------
Matrix Name:* Who they were called in the real world. Required because Agents will always refer to them by their Matrix last name.
Real World Nickname:* Codename they are called after being freed.
Appearance: Can be a detailed description, drawn image (such as anime, cartoon, or comic book), or photograph.
Skills: Good at martial arts, can read code, skilled hovercraft pilot, ect. List both Real World and Matrix abilities.
Prefered Weaponry: Doesn't have to be specific, does not limit characters ONLY to these weapons, this just gives us an idea of weapons most commonly used by characters.
Sexual Orientation:
Relationship Status: Single, Dating, Married, Divorced, Widowed, Ect.
Availability: Open to relationships, not available for relationships. Also include restrictions if they only date redpills, natural-born zions, if they only date programs, ect.
Bio:* What's their story? What was their life before being freed? How were they freed? Why did they join the Archangel instead of staying in Zion? Ect. PLEASE include if they're Matrix born or Zion Born

*Note: Certain bio choices will be altered if you have a character who is Zion Born
My Characters--------------------------------
Matrix Name: Juancarlos Alvarez Giovanni
Real World Nickname: Geo
Appearance: Tall, broad built and muscular. Similar skin-tone as Morpheus. Black hair in a military style haircut, forms a triangular pattern at his front hairline. He wears square sunglasses and a very dark brown duster jacket. He wears grey cargo pants and Tan military undershirt as well as airforce styled combat boots.
Skills: Boxing, Mixed Martial Arts, Ship repair and mechanics.
Prefered Weaponry: Shotgun, Brass Knuckles
Sexual Orientation: Streight
Relationship Status: Divorced
Availability: Not available for relationships
Bio: A Matrix-born human and a skilled boxer, Geo frequently pushed himself to the limit in both his fighting and in his training. Eventually Geo ventured into new challenges with mixed martial arts. It was by sheer accident that Geo discovered The Matrix when he self-substantiated during a fight. After being forcefully returned to The Matrix and having his memory of the event wiped Geo still had fleeting thoughts of curiousity, that something was wrong. These thoughts drew the ire of Agents who attempted to have him killed, but fortunately for Geo Morpheus had learned of his near self-substantiation and was looking to free him from the Matrix. After escaping from the Agents Geo was freed and worked as a mechanic, repairing the ships when they returned to Zion. He applied to join a crew but all positions were filled in a flood of applications after the message from the Osiris about the upcoming war with the machines. It was unfortunate that many were killed in combat but after the machines left Zion Geo was accepted to serve on the Hammer with Morphues to help free people from The Matrix until new ships were built. After the completion of a new fleet of hovercrafts Morpheus was transfered to the Neo Nebuchadnezzar and Geo was selected as Captain for the Archangel. Geo then took a minimal crew of temporary volunteers to free minds until permenant roles were filled. Geo is often praised for his logic and level-headedness but often scolded for putting himself in more danger than many of the other captains in the fleet.

Matrix Name: James Garret Price
Real World Nickname: Garm
Appearance: Short, Thin, spikey blonde hair and blue eyes, pale skin. Typically wears a white tanktop covered by a black leather jacket with a flame on the back, torn jeans, and black Nike shoes. After becoming an agent he wears rounded sunglasses and a longer dress coat. He swaps from his torn blue jeans to black slacks and trades his white tanktop for a black turtleneck with a black leather vest and red tie. He wears simple dress shoes.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
After defecting from the agents he trades his slacks and dress shoes for black jeans and combat boots. He keeps his turtleneck but removes the tie and vest. He also trades his dress coat for a long, black leather coat with the flame design from his civilian coat. His sunglasses are also more square, similar to how Agent Smith changed his glasses between the first and second film.
Skills: Sword combat, specifically with a Katana. Stunt-Driving (Later, after inheritting the Smith Program). Self-Replication, Flight, Bullet dodging.
Prefered Weaponry: Smith Related powers. Katana
Sexual Orientation: Streight
Relationship Status: Single
Availability: Available for relationships.
Bio: On weekdays Garm was your typical young American worker, showed up late to his job at Wendys, flirted with the cute female customers, and made a minimum wage paycheck. But on the weekends he performed drag racing and stunt-driving while dodging the cops. Garm was dragged into the battle when Geo and his team, trying to escape a band of agents requested use of one of his racing cars to escape a team of agents. After helping them escape, Garm was taken into custody by the agents and warned about how dangerous Geo was. Buying into the lies Garm agreed to track down Geo and his team. After failing the first time Garm was inducted into the Agents, granting him abilities to better help defeat the threat. Since his induction into the agents Garm and Geo have had a bitter rivalry in a constant game of cat and mouse. During his induction a fragment of Agent Smith's code bonded with the code of Garm's RSI (Matrix Self), he has yet to realize that he could possibly become the biggest threat to The Matrix in contrast to his desire to help protect it. Despite having Smith's code, he is a Matrix-born bluepill and thus human.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

OHWceta

Link was the operator for the Nebuchadnezzar after Tank and Dozer died.

I thought he kissed his wife after the sentinels leave Zion.
Wife: "You DID wear it!" (Referring to the necklace she gave him earlier in the film for good luck)
Link: "Are you kidding?! Now I'm never gonna take it off!"

OHWceta

Not in any of the Films.

I'm not including events from the online game into this RP.