Literate co-writer wanted for character evolution story with a dark twist. [FxM]

Started by Xandria, April 21, 2012, 03:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xandria

TAKEN

Hello and welcome to my first request thread! 

Ahem, yes well, since I’ve never written one of these up before, please bear with me as I attempt to articulate what I’m looking for with respect to plot and co-writing.  Right off the bat, I should mention that the focus of this story is character evolution, so think psychology, not smut.  Including sexual elements is perfectly fine, and even desired as character relationships develop, but focusing on sex is not.  Doing so will result in me bowing out real quick.  I also tend to write long posts, but can rarely reply more than once a week, so if you’re looking for instant gratification, no pun intended, I won’t be the partner for you.  ;)

OK, now the all-important disclaimers are out of the way, allow me to introduce Alexandra (Lexi) Stafford, a thirty-year-old workaholic reporter who walks a fine line between tenacity and ruthlessness.  As a risk taker who lives for the thrill of the chase, she believes logic, self-sufficiency, determination, and staying in control at all times, are the only traits she needs to be successful.  This, of course, means Lexi has issues with close, meaningful friendships; in other words, she has none.  No matter, she embraces this reality because it keeps her personal life uncomplicated...exactly how she wants it.   

~~~
Plot Starter

For several years, Lexi has attempted to investigate an obscure, private entity know as T.A.S.K. Enterprises, widely considered the most powerful philanthropic agency in the country.  The company claims its only purpose is organizing financial aid for various research projects by administering grants from wealthy donors who wished to remain anonymous.  Most citizens applaud this altruistic corporate identity with sycophantic reverence, but some remain sceptical, believing the old adage that what sounds too good to be true, usually is. 

Though proof of their endowment funding is well documented, T.A.S.K. has its fingers in so many cookie jars that Lexi isn’t the only journalist who doesn’t buy into their “advancement of knowledge for the greater good” bullshit.  Unmasking their true intentions, and who is pulling the strings, has become a pet project bordering on obsession.  First on her list is pinning down what the acronym stands for; she only knows their motto is “Video Vidi Visum”, which roughly translates as, “To See, Observe, Understand”.  On the surface, the motto seems plausible, but Lexi senses it holds a deeper meaning, and believes discovering the truth hinges only on finding the right informant. 

However, when a mysterious phone call promises an exciting new lead, following it exposes an unimaginable nightmare.  Thrust into a sinister world she cannot escape, where cultivating allies is the key to survival, for the first time in her life Lexi feels lost, afraid, and out of control.  Will she find the strength to accept she must now rely on others to adapt and thrive, or cling to the arrogant belief she can do it on her own, even in the face of death?

~~~

This is just a loose prologue, but if you find any of it intriguing, great!   I would be happy to discuss it in more depth with any, and all, interested writers. Please do take a moment to read and accept my O/O’s before contacting me via PM.

For this story, I’d like to find a partner whose character can either A) explore a parallel journey to Lexi’s, or B) explore the opposite path by stirring the pot and making things worse.  Both options are equally interesting.  Perhaps he is a rival reporter, an informant with a secret agenda, or he could even be one of the key figures in the ‘sinister world’, which by the way, can be anything, from the supernatural, i.e., a war between vampires and werewolves, or demons and angels, to the more mundane, i.e., organized crime, or political corruption. While I lean towards paranormal in this story, I’m very flexible and would be more than happy to consider different ideas.       

Finally, a note about the dreaded Godmodding:  Since I gravitate to long posts, don’t take my own writing too seriously, and see this as collaborative storytelling more than roleplaying in the traditional sense, I believe there must be a certain amount of creative license granted to both sides.  How much leeway can be mutually agreed upon during the planning phase, but in general, feel free to change locations and drag my main character along, choose what she has for dinner, or even have her take a nap if you need to advance the time of day.  Honestly, taking liberties with details like these is perfectly fine, and in my opinion, this kind of flexibility can help a story run much smoother than if each small action needs a response.         

Thank you for your indulgence, and please don’t hesitate to PM me if you’d like to discuss this or any other story idea.  I’m always up for a good plot discussion.  :D

Xandria
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Xandria

This story idea is no longer "Taken", so I am re-opening the request. 
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus