Mafia Game: Battle for Little Italy (OOC)

Started by Remiel, June 17, 2010, 08:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: DudelRok on June 23, 2010, 08:30:56 PM
Hello!

Also: Can I play now? :)

PM Remiel and let him know you're interested.  This is his game so the decision is his.

DudelRok

I shall wait on PMing him.

I am simply hitting a couple of threads from before to see what is up before I move on. :)

Thank you.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Remiel

Yep, you're in! You'll be taking Iksander's place as a Cannoli.

We'll get started shortly!

[Edit] The IC thread is here.

DudelRok

Alright, cool.

I shall get-ta-gettin' once I finish my o/o thread. (Which is surprisingly more difficult than I thought)

I AM THE RETURN!

Cassiopeia

So ... we're voting publicly in the main story thread, yes?

DudelRok

Quote from: Cassiopeia on June 23, 2010, 10:26:25 PM
So ... we're voting publicly in the main story thread, yes?

I sure hope so! XD

OOC reasoning was that Aiden has the highest post count and I decided to randomly make my character a little sexist. (Habit, I like conflict so create it.)

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

Rolin brought up a really good question. 

QuoteWhat timeline roughly is the Mafia game set in? Current? 1920's? etc.

The answer is that it doesn't really matter.  However, if you really must have a frame of reference,  the idea that I had conceptualized was roughly during the time frame used in the Godfather movies, namely late 1940s, early 1950s.   

It's up to you, though.  I won't mind if you slip in an anachronism or three. ;)

Cassiopeia

Oo, thank you for letting us know, and thank you for asking the question Rolin.  I have no idea why the era didn't occur to me :P very good to know though.

Esoteric Myobi

Cassiiii!!!!

WHY have you gone over to the dark side?! Come back to the light!

-beckons over, waving red lights for directions-

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Mithlomwen

Quote from: DudelRok on June 24, 2010, 12:15:25 AM
I sure hope so! XD

OOC reasoning was that Aiden has the highest post count and I decided to randomly make my character a little sexist. (Habit, I like conflict so create it.)

Couldn't resist giving you a bit of a hard time IC,  ;D
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

DudelRok

Quote from: Mithlomwen on June 26, 2010, 11:59:50 AM
Couldn't resist giving you a bit of a hard time IC,  ;D

I loved it, actually!

Not sure on specifics here but on other sites this type of game "frowns on" anything not directly involved with voting and figuring out "who done it" etc cause I'm VERY tempted to have a little "grumble grumble, at least I had a momma" comment back. XD

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

Quote from: DudelRok on June 26, 2010, 12:46:25 PM
I loved it, actually!

Not sure on specifics here but on other sites this type of game "frowns on" anything not directly involved with voting and figuring out "who done it" etc cause I'm VERY tempted to have a little "grumble grumble, at least I had a momma" comment back. XD

That would be perfectly acceptable.  ;D

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

Well, nuts.  It looks like DTW is missing in action.   :-\

I'll try to advertise for someone to take his place.

Cassiopeia

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on June 25, 2010, 09:11:07 PM
Cassiiii!!!!

WHY have you gone over to the dark side?! Come back to the light!

-beckons over, waving red lights for directions-

Psh, please, everyone knows that red = the dark side.  You come over here!  *waves around a blue lightsaber*

thirteenhearts

Red & Blue-Let's have a look at the meanings of these colors shall we?

Red can mean temper or anger.  Red roses symbolize passionate love.  Red is the color of Mars. This planet is known as the God of War.  Red is the color of blood, and as such has strong symbolism as life and vitality. It brings focus to the essence of life and living with emphasis on survival. Red is also the color of passion and lust.

Put some red in your life when you want:

* increased enthusiasm and interest
    * more energy
    * action and confidence to go after your dreams
    * protection from fears and anxieties

Blue symbolizes the Virgin Mary. A pure blue is the color of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality.  Blue is the calming color.  This color has a soothing affect.  Turquoise is the color of communication.  Turquoise has long been used in amulets to provide protection, health, confidence and strength.

Put some blue in your life when you want:

* calm and relaxation to counteract chaos or agitation
    * to open the flow of communication
    * to broaden your perspective in learning new information
    * solitude and peace

Now...which one is better suited for the Battle for Little Italy?

Remiel

That...is awesome, thirteenhearts.  I'd never even thought about that.

Cassiopeia

Very interesting, indeed.

I've always just thought about it like this ...

DudelRok

If you think about it Cassi, it fits perfectly!

* increased enthusiasm and interest
    * more energy
    * action and confidence to go after your dreams
    * protection from fears and anxieties

The interest, energy, action and lack of fear are all very present within those who accept the dark side.

* calm and relaxation to counteract chaos or agitation
    * to open the flow of communication
    * to broaden your perspective in learning new information
    * solitude and peace

Calm, open to the flow of communication, broad perspectives in learning, solitude and peace... very light side.

This meaning that what I've said since the beginning that the Dark Side and Light Side are and forever will be two sides of the same coin. One without the other is impossible! Which is why when killing all the Sith (Old Republic time-line) the Jedi started to slowly die out. ...and why there are even fewer of both as the Star Wars time line pushes forward.

Nerd Logic! XD

I AM THE RETURN!

Cassiopeia

I almost agree with you ...

But the Dark Side is fueled by fear.  Fear, anger, hate, because it's driven by selfish emotions.  And as said in Episode III (as if any of us didn't already know this) fear of losing one's power, that's top on the Sith list.  They only appear to be fearless because they don't care about hurting others if it gets them what they want.

The theory of one can't exist without the other, I somewhat agree with.  After all, is the existence of light even known when there is no darkness?  Shine a flashlight during the day and it's practically invisible.  Shine it in a shadowy place and it captures your attention.  However, though the Jedi did slowly die out from the times of The Old Republic until the crest of the Rebellion, once the Rebels had won the war the Jedi started increasing in numbers once more, and continued to increase, to the point that an Academy was formed.  That's not to say that no Sith existed though, obviously. 

Lol, more nerd logic  ;D  I seriously need to dig out my Ultimate Guide to the Force.

Anyway, for the most part ... in regards to the Star Wars universe I do agree with the color descriptions.  But then to throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing, when Luke did finally build his lightsaber it was green :P

DudelRok

One could argue that Luke was actually a Jedi Sentinel rather than a Knight which explains the green lightsaber.

Also: I am curious as to what's up with everyone. :)

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

Well, we seem to have lost DTW, so that leaves us down one player for the Cannolis.  I've been trying to recruit, but so far have not had any success.

Which leaves us in a bit of a quandary, as the game is dependent on the teams being equal.   :-\

Cassiopeia

I'll try to mention it to a few people who I think may be interested.  I know some people are leery because of the rules but I'm definitely in the same boat as far as learning as I go so I'll see what I can do.  This is so much fun already, I really don't want it to halt.

Remiel

Yes, the rules seem daunting but I'm absolutely positive that they will make sense as we go along.   ;D