Flight of the Broken-Winged Crane [Exalted 2.5 GSPs & More - Recruitment Thread]

Started by Cessali, September 01, 2013, 12:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Hehe. Glad you all like her. I designed her with a cooperative focus intentionally, part of why i switched is that i was alittle too worried that someone might do something to set Tres off and that would cause issues with the party... since with Kimbery, once you get Reviled, youll never hear the end of it (untill you die, and you will), with this one shes very accepting, so i can play nice with every the weridest of you XD, Irony that the solar would get along better with your habits than the Infernal would have. XD

And if nothing else, her desire to find a place for everyone might help her glue the party together.  ;D

Anon315

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 11, 2013, 10:17:05 PM
I'd say your character is more Marcone.....

Hmm... I would disagree, only because I don't have his squeamishness regarding children and especially girls. It relates to the fairly consistent "honor among thieves" theme a lot of my characters tend to have. "Can we trust him?"  "You're paid up through April."  "There. We can trust him, at least until April." I'm entirely trustworthy, so long a your goals and mine are aligned, or I'm being properly compensated. Preferably both.

ShadowFox89

Well, the most Cail/ana can offer in compensation is not hindering your plans or putting that Dexterity and Appearance 5 to good use :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anon315

App 5? App 5? Oh I suppose she'll do... It is the burden of we, the beautiful people, to show affection to the lesser... it is the price we pay for being so awe-inspiring-ly gorgeous. Speaking of which, I need to find a picture for App 7... *ponders* Most handsome man in existence, real or fictional...

ShadowFox89

I can bump that up with an excellency :P

But I wasn't aware we were doing merits.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anon315

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 11, 2013, 11:31:07 PM

I was not doing merits. I'm just that pretty. Though my charisma pool is... less than ideal.

Rajah

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 11, 2013, 11:31:07 PM

Probably just a tattoo. You can get one too if you want. They're very cheap.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Wheresmycow

Yea, some of those Demon Tattoos are really badass in terms of what they give you.  Like wow, what the hell.  Sanger won't ever be able to get any but he's a Solar, so he really doesn't need them either.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anon315

A solar with 5 base app, necklace of solar charisma, and infinite resplendence amulet, can get 12 app. Which makes you prettier than the unconquered sun himself.

Rajah

Quote from: Anon315 on September 11, 2013, 11:49:54 PM
A solar with 5 base app, necklace of solar charisma, and infinite resplendence amulet, can get 12 app. Which makes you prettier than the unconquered sun himself.

Not any more. No stacking. 9's pretty good, though.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Anon315 on September 11, 2013, 11:49:54 PM

Item stacking is gone.

If I grab Hidden Appearance Manifestation, I can get Cail/ana's appearance up to 16.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wheresmycow

Sanger would never get them because the fact that they're demon tattoos, not because of rules.

And holy balls, I didn't know there were items that let you do that.  Wow, I thought I had explored much of Exalted mechanics already.  There is still more for me to learn.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Re Z L

Who needs a high appearance when you can wield the power of obsession?

;D

Most everything is done on my sheet...there's a little bit of xp left over, but I'm going to wait to spend that until after the pulp things are finished, and I'll have the character history up in probably an hour or so
A&A

ShadowFox89

I need someone to go back over my sheet for me and see if the math is fixed >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cessali

@Rajah
PAPR is tentatively approved on the condition that the target-number lowering ability is not cumulative with any other effects that lower a target number.

INNC is approved as-is.

NCTA is approved on the condition that I want to see how it plays out.  I'm wary about persistent effects that increase minimum damage, particularly as minimum damage is one of the things that 2.5 tended to put the hammer down on.  Everything else looks good so far tho.

@Anon - Characters have been Exalted for anywhere between one to fifteen years.  Subsequently, anyone with E6 will need to have Ascendency Mantle of Yozi.

@Darkling - Vali looks good.  I'll update the relevant posts with names an' stuff -- what's her Caste?

ShadowFox89

You Infernals and your easy E6.... And here I'm going to have to go eat Luna....

Jarick, how's my sheet look now?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Re Z L

A&A

Cessali

@Shadow - Everything looks good save for Perception, which as a Favored attribute runs 18 instead of 14.  Outside of that, though, you're good.

@Re Z L - Sheet and background look solid.  Take 10xp!

GSPs, remember that if you've got a Past Life, you need to have its Motivation and relevant Intimacies before you can make use of it.

(Cripes some of these characters are not people I'd care to run into in a dark alley all by my lonesome.  :D)

ShadowFox89

Okay, so, I just realized there's a charm that upon purchasing a second time would allow me to hide something in someone while they're sleeping >.>

Which could mean all sorts of interesting hiding spots....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

My sheet is done and just need write pulp fictions and I can't do them until folks who I write about have more than just numbers in charsheets (and I did PM to them for input to both sides).

Anyways Chorgath is clearly planning build empire and his ultimate goal is Denandsor but he is atm stuck in Chiasocuro but I am not against someone go looking for him and recruit him. What comes to demonic tattoos and such, he could convince Sanger wear them (and even do them himself considering he has all crafts maxed out) with that the demonic tattoos are not more evil than sword in warrior's hand is. true that to make tattoos you need melt down a demon in vitriol and mix it with ink and so the tattoo would be a demon which is permanently part of your body, but using demons is same as using tools (and solars did use them than elementals most cases).

Anyways I write Kal Bax personality and stuff for my Past Life profile, may upgrade background to 4th dot as he was luminary genius in his time as a solar.

ChaoticSky

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 12, 2013, 09:23:15 AMAnyways Chorgath is clearly planning build empire and his ultimate goal is Denandsor but he is atm stuck in Chiasocuro but I am not against someone go looking for him and recruit him. What comes to demonic tattoos and such, he could convince Sanger wear them (and even do them himself considering he has all crafts maxed out) with that the demonic tattoos are not more evil than sword in warrior's hand is. true that to make tattoos you need melt down a demon in vitriol and mix it with ink and so the tattoo would be a demon which is permanently part of your body, but using demons is same as using tools (and solars did use them than elementals most cases).

Anyways I write Kal Bax personality and stuff for my Past Life profile, may upgrade background to 4th dot as he was luminary genius in his time as a solar.
Well, part of the problem is that Sanger doesn't look at demons quite that way.  To him, they aren't people per say, but they also aren't tools either.  It's a weird grey spot for him.  So while he won't like stand in your way for making these tattoos for others, he'd be hard pressed to consider it for himself.  It would feel like he's using his power to prey on those weaker than him, which runs counter to his motivation.  It's also why he would never try and bully anyone in the party to do something he wanted.  He might stand against them to protect other people, but he would never hold a sword to their throat over it.  On the other hand, if there was a particularly noble demon who was dying or wanted to sacrifice itself, then Sanger would agree to it.

Basically, I'm trying to make him a Paladin not in the traditional fantasy racism "I'm always right" kind of way, but taking on a more nuanced approach.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Chorgath would tell that demon does not 'die' in the process as whole point of the demonic ink tattoo is that the demon's still living essence is imbued under your skin. So reason why tattoos move is that the demon (conscious of it) wills it to move. What comes to demons of first circle; most demons do not have free will so you cannot bully them to do anything. More so when you summon one, it is entirely willingly your servant when contest of will is done.

Or ofc Chorgath who views that you may have good use of the tattoo but have moral squeamish about it, Chorgath could outright lie to you about the details how the ink and tattoos are done :P. If your okay OOC that your char falls to such trickery.