The Bride's random ideas. (Scifi/ semi fantasy and 1 Cthulhu...Interest Check)

Started by Lustful Bride, July 01, 2014, 04:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Hey everyone! I'm just posting these ideas here so I can find them again later and see if anyone is interested in doing them/ helping me think them through.

So take a look and see if you find any of them to your interest. (they aren't fully thought out yet and have the possibility to include sex along with action and plot but again nothing is set in stone.)

(Edit: I probably should have pointed this out yesterday but since I'm still new I'm not too trusting of my skills as a DM so would anyone mind managing the roleplay?)

1:A sort of old style X-files type roleplay.  The government has known about the existence of extraterrestrial life for a long time now. A response and control team has even been created and based out of the mysterious Area 51, though most assume the base is just a testing ground for new weapons to do battle against the Soviets.

Many races of aliens come to Earth, some seeking safety and asylum, some wishing to continue their race by breeding with the locals, others are  seeking to conquer and expand. Who might be surprised to learn there are other races already here and some who will not stand for their adopted home being destroyed.

It is up to the Human and Non-Human agents in black based out of Area 51 to patrol the land, watch the skies and keep the Earth safe, as well as doing everything in their power to keep the truths of the universe hidden and prevent mass panic in the streets.

(Its sort of a mix of Xcom with the Xfiles in the spirit of what "The Bureau" should have been.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJuEXOVAGI   )

EDIT: Yes you can play as a female and/or Non-Human agent.  ;D

NOTICE Second RP is up and looking for players.   XD

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=208434.0

Join up and help save the world.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

(not my art but for Fables fans they will get the reference since its pretty close to what im going for.)

2: Inspired by the Manga "Gate: Thus the JSDF fought there" (Only without the nationalism and ethnocentrism.) and certain issues of "Fables: Legends in Exile. "

Portals to some unknown world open up in several major western cities and monsters, demons and other horrible beasts spill out, wreaking havoc for two full days until the nations rally their militaries and push the creatures all the way back into their portals and even manage to capture the area around the portals. for the moment it was declared a NATO problem since the nations attacked were all in the west. That is until portals open up in other parts of the world and it becomes a land grab to take the newly acquired land in the name of either NATO or the New Warsaw Pact, Eastern Asian Alliance, or some neutral nations trying to get a piece of the pie.

(You can also sign up to play as one of the locals  in the new world. IE: An elf, dwarf, Naga etc.)

RP should follow an Earth team made of various nationalities from the many factions which was made to look nice for the cameras and keep the public from realizing that tensions were brewing all around the world. The team will be moving into the new world to plot out new areas and help take the fight to the enemy.

(there is no real villain meant for this second idea save for the monsters in the otherworld and there will be nothing between the human factions save for maybe the one fingered salute or angry stares as the Earth factions try to take land in the new world and eliminate the monsters while slowly meeting the sentients on the other side of the portal. Some good, some evil.)

(will also include things like Elves, Anime style monster girls, Eastern and Western creatures and much more. You can play as whatever nationality you want so long as its respectful. )

Extra details, Equipment and some fluff data:

Equimpent for the team.

2x Humvees Armed withs SAWs (Squad Automatic Weapon)

1x (No more than 2) Stryker Light Armor Vehicle armed with either 20mm Auto cannon, or .50 Heavy Machine gun. Serves as troop transport/Protection in the field along with Humvees

Villains: Mostly monsters. Some are like Orcs, some are just wild creatures but they are basically the standard villains of RPGs who got together to destroy and enslave the other races around them and spread to a new world.

locals: Nothing 100% Human.  Human beings as we know them do not exist in this new world. the closest thing to us in the physical sense are Elves.

Like Gate there are a lot of anime girls as well as creatures from other mythologies.
There is even a peaceful orc tribe hidden in the deep forests.

The peaceful tribe spends most of its time being in tune with nature and has almost no contact with the outside.
(not my art)

(pictured below is a little girl of the peaceful tribe)

Character roles needed.

Team Leader: (Rank Lt.)
Team XO (rank: Sargent)
Soldiers (A handful, no rank above corporal)
Possible Roles for Recon Team:
Doctor: (has power to over ride Team Leader if the cause is medical)
Linguist:(Someone very fluent in various languages in order to open dialogue with locals. Can be a civilian but wont really be able to fight when things get tense.

NO Super Soldiers. IE no Super Special Forces: Delta Team, Green Berets, Seal Teams. Probably the most SF allowed would be Army Rangers or the equivelant form one of the other nations sending a trooper to the scout team.)

3) C-Day.   (Cthulhu inspired RP if anyone is interested I could use help in thinking this one out.)

It is 1947. The world is still recovering after the horrors of the second world war. At the moment it was considered the worst war in human history with immense casualties and the use of weapons unlike any other, with the destructive capability to wipe out cities in mere seconds.

But man was not prepared for what was to come. The stars were aligned and the ancient rites were spoken. The heroes failed and the mysterious cult awoke the great dark ones. Now Humanity is on the verge of losing its only home to beings that see us as nothing more than maggots that have a faint bite.

In many parts of the world monsters and hell beasts have spawned seemingly out of thin air, the militaries of the world are pushing hard as back as they can, in some places there are victories, others there are failures.

Such as in New York where half of the entire city fell in a matter of hours before by some luck or grace of the universe a spell was used ot contain the old ones. For now.

With the whole world in a panic over the great beasts that have risen, now more than ever are heroes needed. From the wisest of professors to the sneakiest of thieves, mankind needs champions to rise and help them put the old ones back to rest. For if they fail, the barrel of a gun and the swift death it brigs will be no comfort for what is to come.

(Not 100% sure of what I want to do with this rp but if anyone is interested let me know. And now here is some art to help you all get an idea of what im trying to go for. Kind of want it in the spirit of Achtung Cthulhu.)

And one funny one to restore your Sanity.

Kadigan

I like the X-Files idea. Was always a big fan of BPRD, X-Files, even RIPD. I always thought any one of those would make a great RP.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on July 01, 2014, 08:30:18 PM
I like the X-Files idea. Was always a big fan of BPRD, X-Files, even RIPD. I always thought any one of those would make a great RP.

I know me too.  ;D

I always enjoy stories where the men in black that everyone hates are actually the thankless heroes out there keeping the world spinning.

Its why I like things like the SCP fandom too.

Chaeronea

I have to admit that I'm a fan of the Gate manga and had a character set up for a group RP that someone had set up but never got around to running. Bride, if you think you're really going to run it I'd be happy to play in it.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Chaeronea on July 02, 2014, 10:34:31 AM
I have to admit that I'm a fan of the Gate manga and had a character set up for a group RP that someone had set up but never got around to running. Bride, if you think you're really going to run it I'd be happy to play in it.

I was actually hoping to help plan it out with someone but im not a very good DM. I was hoping someone would see this and perhaps want to DM it since its my first time doing public roleplaying and I know I will just end up ruining the roleplay with rookie mistake after rookie mistake.

Mac84

I like the gate Idea myself, and the way I tried to set up a game based on it was very similar to yours.

I do have ideas how to run the game, but I also have a lot of Group games I'm DMing at the moment. So if you want, I can help you DM, but in limited capacity.

though. i'm not familiar with fable.

Lustful Bride

@ Mac84.

Fables is pretty good. Il just give you the short version.

Fairy Tale characters and creatures al living in New York after being chased out of their worlds by a violent conqueror they call "The Bloody Handed Adversary." 

They all try to live in modern Day New York while keeping their identities hidden and wishing to retake their lands/keep their new homes safe from the influence of the adversary.

Im not doing the series any justice buts its very good, winner of multiple Eisner Awards and is still going after many years.

The artwork I used above is actually from issue 55 where a character who was in our world is explaining to the Adversary and his advisors what would happen if they attacked Earth, and how our modern militaries would desimate them.

Mac84

Lustful Bride

Yeah in some ways it is, though with more emphasis on story telling, world building and references to old mythology than on the fanservice and other things Gate focused too much on.

I had to actually look up some of the things they mentioned or talked of. (and im a mythology nerd  ;D )

Lustful Bride

Edits made and thanks to Mac84 for helping me figure out more details.

Mac84

Lustful Bride

Yet another edit to the second idea. You can play as a non human in the new world if you want.  :D

Lustful Bride

EDIT: 7/12/14

posted link to the second roleplay idea. It is up and looking for players to play either Humans of any nationality and/or players to play the nonhumans (IE: Naga, monstergirls, elves etc etc.) of the new world.  ;D

Lustful Bride