One Winged Angel Sing-Along

Started by CmdrRenegade, April 05, 2011, 08:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CmdrRenegade

If you've ever been a Final Fantasy fan, than you're probably familiar with the Distant Worlds tour that started in 2007.  You are of course probably also familiar with One Winged Angel, the epic final boss theme to Final Fantasy 7.  Distant Worlds appeared for the first time in New York on April 1st and 2nd.  I was in attendance for both shows and had to share this epicness.  I did not record this but I was in the audience...and singing along.

Distant Worlds - One Winged Angel Encore
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Morrowclaw

I'd love to go and see Distant Worlds, I think they are coming to Canada in the summer, if so, I'm going to have to go.
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

CmdrRenegade

Do it.  It's reignited my love for the series in a big way. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Yanagrl

That would be amazing to attend! <3  That song gives me goosebumps. Best epic battle song ever!  Also it makes me miss being in choir.  It would be amazing to be able to sing that.

Oniya

In case anyone is interested, One Winged Angel's lyrics are taken from three separate pieces of Carmina Burana.  O Fortuna (Oh, Fortune), Estuans Interius (Burning Inside), and Veni Veni Venias (Come, Come, O Come).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Shjade

Okay, that was pretty cool, I must admit.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinClaire

I haven't been able to attend Distant Worlds, but a few years back I went to VideoGames Live. It was fun to sing-along to OWA and wonder what the people outside the bullring plaza we were at would think... a friend and I joked someone might go as far as thinking we were some kind of crazy cult xD

Shjade

You are some crazy cult, clearly!
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinClaire

Quote from: Shjade on April 14, 2011, 06:38:59 PM
You are some crazy cult, clearly!

Well, yes. But they don't know that!