What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

I was supposed to know that quest would lead me to Fenris? That's a bit of a stretch.

Edit: And now I run into Isabela, out of the blue? I mean ... a clue would have been nice, before I wasted 17 hours on a character who wouldn't even have access to the full party.

Edit2: Hmm, what's this? I saved my game before finishing the first year ... maybe all isn't lost. I mean, 12 hours are, but still ...

Wolfy

You get all of your companions in the First year. o3o

So...my party of Me, Aveline, Fenris, and Isabella was already set....and were quite the combustable elements, me being a mage and all.

Hemingway

I noticed. I went back to my last save that year, and it took me about 30 minutes to get both Fenris and Isabela.

Seriously, though, they could've given me some clue. How was I supposed to know? Blehh. I lost 9 hours worth of time played!

Wolfy

:P

Actually,

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Considering later events that involve Isabella, I wonder what would happen if you DON'T recruit her. O-o

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on March 12, 2011, 12:17:34 PM
:P

Actually,

Considering later events that involve Isabella, I wonder what would happen if you DON'T recruit her. O-o
Fair point.

I just made the Arishak my bitch.

Maybe I was hoping it'd be like the trailer but I was hoping they had retooled the great swords to behave more like they did in Destiny Extended Trailer. :(

Small gripe, but that was so cool.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

I'll be able to tell you when I get that far a second time.

Inkidu

Qunari are even more cryptic in this game than in Origins. Though apparently Sten wasn't lying. Sten is a title not a name.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lirliel

Quote from: Brandon on March 12, 2011, 08:38:15 AM
I agree, Ivy just looks strange, not beautiful in that creepy menacing way which is supposed to be her thing. I prefer the old animated series Ivy who looked normal for the most part but still had her mental command over plants and still had her brain (I mean she was a scientist, seems like she could put that to use in AA). Heck when that episode of her starting up a spa to turn people who had harmed mother nature into trees (found in horrific shock positions mind you) I thought she was one of the coolest villains ever, someone I could really enjoy hating but not in AA. Shes just kind of "hey Im a flashy supervillain, come get me!"

I would totally love some playtime with Harley though, I love the voice actor and the general mystique of the character

I also agree with Batman and scarecrow, they look awesome. Scarecrow especially with his needle claw setup. Killer croc looked awesome too but I wish they would have done more with him.

Indeed, I found Ivy to be the 'ultimate temptress' in a way. Her control over pheromones and the power in a way if she wished to just about dominate every human, male or female, she ever encountered. That coupled with her desire to save the planet from the people who are 'raping' her, gave her a reason that was other then just. "Chaos!", "I'm followin' puddin'", or a host of other reasons. And Ivy was indeed a scientist before she became Ivy, so I'm fairly certain that she'd have a degree of smarts.

Then again the same might be said for Harley, though I think Joker did a good thing of breaking her mind.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Wolfy

Hey..it could be worse.

:D They could have went with Batman and Robin Ivy.

Lirliel

*Sticks fingers in ears* La-la-la can't hear you.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Inkidu

Freaking High Dragon! Gah! Even on casual she's freaking hard. Because not only does she summon her little dragonlings (worst parent award winner right there) she also summons a lesser dragon. I'm currently buying up all the health potions I can. I'm going to need about fifty.

Oniya

Circulating between all four of the Shift games that I've found.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

Nier. Liking it so far.

Watching my sister in law play Darksiders... her gameplay method of choice seems to be to push the controller against her knee and smoosh it around, paying absolutely no mind to such things as camera control, tactics, targeting, any combos that don't include double jumping, interrupting her own combos with the same combos, and many other wonderful tactics.

She's 30 >.>

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on March 13, 2011, 04:10:26 PM
Nier. Liking it so far.

Watching my sister in law play Darksiders... her gameplay method of choice seems to be to push the controller against her knee and smoosh it around, paying absolutely no mind to such things as camera control, tactics, targeting, any combos that don't include double jumping, interrupting her own combos with the same combos, and many other wonderful tactics.

She's 30 >.>
She's also playing Darksiders. It's a completely normal and valid tactic.

Sabby

Dude, it plays the same as Zelda >.< there is at the very least lock on dodging.

Never understood why everyone can hate Darksiders for the same reasons they love Ocarina of Time. Both have identically shit combat and controls. Yes, I know, I'm opening up Pandoras Box, but I really don't care. Always hated that OoT gets to the top of every Top 10 list ever made ever.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on March 13, 2011, 04:33:30 PM
Dude, it plays the same as Zelda >.< there is at the very least lock on dodging.

Never understood why everyone can hate Darksiders for the same reasons they love Ocarina of Time. Both have identically shit combat and controls. Yes, I know, I'm opening up Pandoras Box, but I really don't care. Always hated that OoT gets to the top of every Top 10 list ever made ever.
OoT gets it because it did it first. Yes, there are perks with games that do that. Same as books, movies, and T.V. However, you can totally button mash a good portion of the game because remember, it also rips off God of War. Plus Darksiders controls are really kind of wonky at times for this day and age.

I don't like it because it got rewarded for blatant ripping off of Zelda, GoW, and Portal. Yes portal. That and War is like the special needs horseman of the apocalypse.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on March 13, 2011, 03:42:43 PM
Freaking High Dragon! Gah! Even on casual she's freaking hard. Because not only does she summon her little dragonlings (worst parent award winner right there) she also summons a lesser dragon. I'm currently buying up all the health potions I can. I'm going to need about fifty.

Hah, I beat her easily.

I was a mage, and all I did was run around about 30-40 feet away from her. Everyone else was dead, and she was down to about half or 1/4 health. She didn't summon any dragonlings anymore, and all she did while i ran around like a chicken with it's head cut-off was toss fireballs at me. That's it. Easily dodgable, and when I moved out of the way, I had plenty of time to cast my spells and mix in a few attack comboes too. It took a while, but I killed her all on my own with no health potions left. (I still had Heal just in case.)

Wolfy

Quote from: Lirliel on March 13, 2011, 03:33:18 AM
*Sticks fingers in ears* La-la-la can't hear you.

Curses! <- (Actual Batman and Robin Ivy quote upon being defeated...yes, it's that bad...and that's not even mentioning the...Bat Credit-card.)

xD

Hemingway

Guess I have to look at the bright side of having to re-play 9 hours of DA2's story: I get to make different choices. It's turning out interesting so far.

Brandon

Been playing minecraft all day. I started a new world, built my hidey hole and then a few blocks down I found a dungeon which took forever to clear out but once it was i found many essentials including lava and diamonds! Right now Ive finished my house and underground farm/tree farm but a few hours ago I looked at a plateau and thought you know what that needs? A coliseum, so Ive spent the last few yours making one, its not near done yet but the outer textures are done and it look badass!
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Wolfy

Quote from: Hemingway on March 13, 2011, 09:23:08 PM
Guess I have to look at the bright side of having to re-play 9 hours of DA2's story: I get to make different choices. It's turning out interesting so far.

Heh..I plan to start my Second Play through soon...:P

Hemingway

Quote from: Wolfy on March 13, 2011, 11:00:45 PM
Heh..I plan to start my Second Play through soon...:P

I'm stuck, though ... knowing of at least two outcomes of the second year, I'm torn as to which is preferable.

Xenophile

I'm right now trying out Combat Mission 2. The lack of explained interface and key-mapping is a damn nightmare, but I suppose you're supposed to learn by trial-and-error. Still, it's pretty weak to exclude any kind of tutorial or keymap or key options.
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's

Lirliel

Gave in and started DA 2 as well.

So far:

Got the elf girl Merril (she's alright, bit quirky, but then again Dalish elves are quirky)
Aveline, (I like her, she seems to have her heart in the right spot)
Varric, (Can't say I've seen much interaction with him.. bit meh)
Bethany, (She's okay, seems to want to follow in Hawke's footsteps)

And playing as Female Hawke warrior, using sword/board (actually axe/board) just like Aveline.

Inkidu

Beat Dragon Age 2 with my Lord Hawke Warrior. I started a Lady Hawke Rogue. Thinking about restarting it because I really like Lady Hawke's default look (plus they don't offer her hair style to custom builds, seriously).

The ending was epic.