Soo..I went to see Legend of the Guardians a few hours ago...

Started by Wolfy, September 25, 2010, 01:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

And I found it quite enjoyable. o3o The 3D was great, the story was nicely done (Though confusing at some parts), and well...It was just..great. O_o

Though I'm surprised it was rated PG...I think it's on the upper end of the PG scale. o3o

King_Furby

Oniya

The little Oni was invited to go last night with the neighbors' kids.  She said there were a couple places where you 'didn't want to watch, but wanted to watch anyways', and the 3-D made her a bit dizzy.  I'm considering picking up the book series.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Delvas

It does look like a really cool movie and I want to read the books.  Before my sister saw The Spiderwick Chronicles she read the entire series in a day and this seems like a similar kind of film.
We are all but transient visitors here.

Host of Seraphim

I really want to see this!! I love talking animals and I love owls. Especially owls with cool armor. O_O I remember when I first saw the preview in theaters, everyone was like "WTF? lol" while I was just sitting in the seat totally enthralled. I think I'm gonna see it sometime this week or the next.
Tentatively trying to get back into RPing...

:: O/O :: A/A (updated 3/2 -- please read) ::

Wolfy

O_o..Apparently the series has a total of 15 books...soo..there's plenty of sequel material (And it's rather obvious at the end that there will be one.)

According to Wiki, The movie covers the first three books. So with 15 in all, we're looking at about 5 possible movies in total. o3o

Also..Digger was my favorite character.....o3o "I bet you weren't expecting..THIS!" *scrambles around throwing pebbles in random directions, then digs a hole to hide in*

XD

Legend of the Guardians Trailer Song

And of course..the awesome song used in the trailer and movie. o3o

Apparently it's "30 seconds to mars - kings & queens" o3o

Sabby

Oniya

I'll ask the little Oni - but I don't think she'll remember dialogue until she's watched it on DVD a couple-hundred times.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Host of Seraphim

I just got back from seeing it. I don't remember any owls saying "O rly?"

My thoughts:

- It kind of reminded me of Star Wars, but with owls. The Guardians = jedi, the Pure Ones = the Empire, use your gullet = use the force. I kept expecting an owl version of a Death Star to appear. XD
- It was a bit darker and more violent than I expected. Not necessarily a bad thing. It reminded me of older movies like Secret of NIMH and Watership Down, which had dark/violent plots and talking animals.
- The pacing was a bit off. It moved too fast. It felt like they were trying to cram too much stuff in. Apparently the plot of the movie is based off of the first three books in a series, so I can understand that there was lot of information to fit in. An additional 20 or even 10 minutes would have been helpful, I think. And one important plot point (SPOILER: when Soren's little sister wakes up and... somehow one of the owls is a traitor or something, I dunno) was so rushed through that I had no idea what was happening.
- The Owl City song was awful. Although it's cute that they included a song by Owl City in a movie about owls, the song didn't fit the mood of the film at all and was pretty jarring. Not only that, but it was put over the credits. So cringe-worthy.
- I was pretty surprised when I heard "The Host of Seraphim" by Dead Can Dance playing in the fire scene near the end. XD

Overall, I liked it. I was a little disappointed, but How To Train Your Dragon set a pretty high bar when it comes to kid's movies. :P
Tentatively trying to get back into RPing...

:: O/O :: A/A (updated 3/2 -- please read) ::