Potential Teen Superhero Game

Started by Xerial, May 28, 2007, 10:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryvaken

Bah. Crazy and stupid are entirely different things.
In creativity, meaning.

firestorm

This is the internet, I thought the former was assumed?

MadPanda

Heh.
Writeup will follow, Oh GM.  Just need to return to my homebase and get the downtime to get writing...
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Ryvaken

True, but the magnitude thereof is extremely variable.
In creativity, meaning.

Ajoxer

So, how goes the selection process? I'm curious if Joe's going to finally get a chance to play. :-P.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

indarkestknight

Sorry, been a busy week... I'll try to work on Nightmare tonight, and finish him by tomorrow.

Xerial

I'll be looking over aps during the weekend, responding to each PM with questions/comments and such...

Ajoxer

Whee. ^_^ Just want to make sure that we didn't turn you off of the game, heh.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Xerial

The first round of probing questions has been sent, but for those of you still lagging behind the lines are still open.

schnookums

I sent out a pm asking about the initial bought of questions, did you get it?

Lanzlo

OK, glad to see that I'm not too late to put in my two-cents worth on this.

I'm actually a friend of the MadPanda over there in the corner. He told me about this game, and how it might be a bit guy-heavy. Also, this concept (after reading the past posts) sounds interesting. Now, to come up with a decent character.

So, what are we lacking at the moment, concept-wise?

Xerial

Appologies to all, things are leaning to the busy side here, and the rules update for the EWF proved to be much more work than anticipated. How this will weigh on the game's incept is yet to be seen...

MadPanda

Quote from: Lanzlo on June 13, 2007, 11:54:02 PM
OK, glad to see that I'm not too late to put in my two-cents worth on this.

I'm actually a friend of the MadPanda over there in the corner. He told me about this game, and how it might be a bit guy-heavy. Also, this concept (after reading the past posts) sounds interesting. Now, to come up with a decent character.

So, what are we lacking at the moment, concept-wise?

Heeeeeyyyy, you made it!  ;D
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Ryvaken

No worries Xer. Do what you need to; it's just a game.
In creativity, meaning.

Lanzlo

Quote from: MadPanda on June 14, 2007, 08:16:11 AM
Heeeeeyyyy, you made it!  ;D

Yep. And, after a night to think about it, I think I have a concept.

Miranda is the daughter of two very prominent (and very powerful) heroes, which is part of why she's currently being mentored now. She is highly trained in all the skills a good hero needs; martial arts, stealth, athletics,  and investigation. Only one problem at the moment.

She hasn't manifested any powers.

Don't get me wrong, she WANTS to manifest. Her parents want her to manifest. It just appears that her genes are stubbornly refusing. That's the other part of why she's here; to try and coax her into developing powers.

Trick is, she HAS manifested. It's just that her powers are so subtle that no one around suspects them. Things just seem to go her way. Granted, this does not mean that she lives a charmed life; she might discover the one clue needed to crack a difficult case by literally tripping over it, she narrowly avoids getting hit in the head from a sniper by tripping and spraining her ankle, and so forth. Think Marvel's Black Cat, but she's not aware of the ability.

Her secret, personality, etc. I will PM to Xer later today. Right now, I need to come up with a code name.

Ajoxer

I already thought of a name for her.

Slapstick!

Or possibly The Vaudeville Avenger.

schnookums

I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and submit my idea...I noticed Xerial seems to have a lot on his plate, and that drowning him in more stuff would probably be a bad idea.

Lanzlo

Quote from: Ajoxer on June 14, 2007, 04:19:35 PM
I already thought of a name for her.

Slapstick!

Or possibly The Vaudeville Avenger.

Aw, come on. She isn't THAT bad.

Ryvaken

In creativity, meaning.

Ajoxer

To be fair, we've set an extremely low standard for names just by considering my character. Although it would be cool to go for a Jimi Hendrix song theme in the team...

NightBird

Shamrock, maybe? Something that refers to luck?

Ryvaken

Not if we don't know she's super-lucky.

Howabout something that reflects what she wants her powers to manifest as?
In creativity, meaning.

Xerial

Appologies for the continued delays, but with work, classes, and keeping up with games I'm afraid things are conspiring against this taking off...

schnookums

Curse you, real life stuff! And other games!

Seriously though, I hope ya get things stable...I know how much being swamped can suck.

NightBird

That's okay, hon! Just let me know if things change. *smiles*