The Unconquered Sun is calling you.

Started by stargirl, September 29, 2012, 05:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Meliai on November 02, 2012, 04:24:34 AM
I've never actually gotten to play a game so I'm a bit worried that diving into an AU sort of situation would be confusing
I can see how that might be a problem, but I think we can work with it. (Assuming that enough people like Gunstar to form a critical mass for a game, anyway. If not, AU won't be an issue. :) )

Quote from: Meliai on November 02, 2012, 04:24:34 AM
(and of course you guys might not want to have to hand-hold a newbie through this.)
I'm always happy to help a new player. There are a lot of things the rules don't tell you—it's one thing to make a character, another thing to make a character that will be fun to play and can kick ass in a satisfying manner.

Meliai

Quote from: Riveda on November 02, 2012, 05:04:58 AM
I'm always happy to help a new player. There are a lot of things the rules don't tell you—it's one thing to make a character, another thing to make a character that will be fun to play and can kick ass in a satisfying manner.

Yeah, that's the trick! Most of my pen and paper experience has been with stuff more along the lines of D&D and Pathfinder. Exalted offers so many fun new ways to potentially screw myself over before the game even starts that it's kind of intimidating. I managed to cobble together this character by myself without too many problems but since the game never started she never got her trial by fire. (((Also on exhibit: my borderline OCD character sheet formatting.)))

{{A/As updated 5/8}}           

avorae

Alright got a copy of Shards of Exalted dreams and looked it over. I haven't read the entire thing yet but it has peaked my interest and would love to play a game in it.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Malixe

Whoa whoa wa~it. I wanted to post sooner, but I~ would be interested in playing an Exalted game :3. Yes. Indeed.

Muse

Oh, Meliai, that character is very well done.  I like her.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Meliai on November 02, 2012, 06:25:35 AM
Yeah, that's the trick! Most of my pen and paper experience has been with stuff more along the lines of D&D and Pathfinder. Exalted offers so many fun new ways to potentially screw myself over before the game even starts that it's kind of intimidating. I managed to cobble together this character by myself without too many problems but since the game never started she never got her trial by fire. (((Also on exhibit: my borderline OCD character sheet formatting.)))

Oooh, I almost forgot that game.... Damn, choices choices >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Rook Seidhr

I have opened a new thread for the proposed Gunstar game. Anyone interested, please post there according to the instructions.