Bug - Search Function?

Started by Amber, June 25, 2010, 11:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but when I try to use the search function for the IM Roleplay Requests forum it tells me "No valid boards were selected!"

The search works fine on every other page I've tried, except for that one :\ I'm not sure if we're not MEANT to be able to search that forum but I thought I'd mention it anyways ;D

Vekseid

When you search within a board or thread it automatically restricts the search to that board or thread.

That said, it works fine for me there? What were you searching for?

Amber

Anything - this isn't the first time it's happened to me. I just tried searching randomly for "Hey!" and it told me the same message.

I use the search function all the time to pin-point threads that will relate to me but every time I use it in that particular forum it says I haven't selected one >.<

Vekseid

The only thing I can think of would be is if you logged out in the interim? What browser are you using. I can search for "Hey!" just fine : /

Amber

I'm using Firefox v.3.6.4, and as far as I know it's not logging me out unless it magically logs me back in whenever I click another page... I keep going back and forth between that forum and other forums, testing the search function in all of them and it works fine in all the others.

EDIT::: WAIT >_> I just figured it out... For boards that you are ignoring updates to, it won't let you use the search feature apparently. I did not know this ;3 Tested it and it works now...

Haibane

Which begs the question, how do you ignore updates to a board?

Caeli

Should be in your profile settings:

QuoteThis page lets you ignore particular boards. When a board is ignored, the new post indicator will not show up on the board index. New posts will not show up using the "unread post" search link (when searching it will not look in those boards) however, ignored boards will still appear on the board index and upon entering will show which topics have new posts. When using the "unread replies" link, new posts in an ignored board will still be shown.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Haibane