News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

BESM (third edition) game

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 20, 2010, 06:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

who149

OK-  Atributes that I might want.  (note- I found these ones in the D20 version, so If they don't exist in 3E please tell me). Can I add that my character's a pychic?  XD

tell me if any of this costs more then it should?

Healing: about 3 ranks (12)
Heighten Senses: Hearing 1 rank(1)
Immunity: Poison 1 rank (10)
Mind Control: 5 ranks (30)
Regeneration: 3 ranks (12)
Telekinesis: 5 ranks (10)
Telepathy: 5 ranks (15)
Teleport: 2 ranks (10)
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Niki315

Okay, so it looks like you've got a handle on it now who.  I don't have my book with me right now, but all of those attributes are in 3rd edition, just different point values. Next time I'm back at my apartment I'll look up the values.

Are there any limitations you want on your abilities?  It can help reduce the costs of your abilities a little, which you're probably going to need since those are pretty costly attributes.

who149

Alright. My person being who he is- Ill say

Mind Control and Telepathy only work on Females.

The rest of it, not so sure.

Mayhap Things like Teleport, Healing, and Regenration leave me physically drained after doing it.

Ons and offs!

Xiphon III

Alright, what do you think? 400 point limit you said? Alright.

Backstory: A bald, burly man of 23, Youka Denjou has always been a military man. Youka was always known as the quickest gun in his unit, and could definitely take punishment. His unit basically went to shit when all the craziness started happening, and since then, he's only gotten tougher and quicker. He suspects radiation or some-such.

Personal equipment: Two Colt Six Shot revolvers, with the "Speedloader" revolver option.

Stats: 200 point burn, to take 10 on mind, 10 on body, nothing on soul. My character concept has NO magical affinity whatsoever. Would that debilitate him too much? If that's too bad, I'll take 8/8/4, respectively.

Attributes: 36 points into a pocket dimension. I want to be able to carry a city in my pocket. I'll take whatever points I need to to put the portal permanently onto a 4x4 piece of cardboard, but I have to be inside to open the "Out" portal. If that gets me flaw points, so be it...

I'll take 2 ranks of "Flunkies," representing what's left of my squad.

1 Rank into "Extra Attacks"

1 rank into "Massive Damage"

1 rank in "Regional Organizational ties". Military isn't too organized right now, but he can still reasonably expect to rest in the base, and occasionally borrow some firepower

Flaws:

Dependent: Little brother back home. Sends half of any money made to him, for living expenses.

Phobia: Guy has a debilitating fear of dogs. Won't go near them. Under any circumstances.

Blind Fury: Will completely flip out every time he sees one of his men die. This will include any friends he makes over time(such as the other PCs). At the moment, his men are basically the two flunkies.

Marked: Being a part of the military(complete with identifying tattoo), not everybody trusts him.

Unique Defect: Radiation poisoning. Some sort of HP drain effect, I'll let the GM decide what.

I'll put whatever is leftover into military sciences, demolitions, and Urban Tracking, even scores..

Zaer Darkwail

You can't really put 0 to soul as it would mean your emotionless and not give damn on yourself or world :P. A puppet. A average adult soul is 3 or 4 as I recall.

Anycase we could go with 400 base points and max 50 points from defects over that sum.

Xiphon III

Alright. I don't have the book, so would those work with the point values? Oh, and I'll take an 8-8-4 spread then(4 soul)...

KeyOfTwilight

Have any more room in this here roleplay?  If you do, I have an idea for your game, and might just be able to grab another friend of mine in on it too.

EDIT:  If you do have room, I have a 400 point character created already ^^  (I love this system long time XD)

KeyOfTwilight

Sorry for the double post, just found out there is a spot open ^^

So without further adieu, here is my character:

Name: Selena Fredericks
Appearance:
Background: Selena hasn't been around as long as most people, but that doesn't stop her from trying her hardest to be the most knowledgable and intelligent girl you'll find.  Before 2012, she had already begun an intense obsession with the Occult and other dimensions/universes/planets.  The obsession went as far back as her childhood, when after a particularly long of fever dreams, she claimed that she could create things from nothing, pulling materials from other planes of existence.  No one believed her, of course, and she was sent to a psychiatrist for treatment.  It got her nowhere but miserable, and in retribution she fought back by studying everything occult she could find, even proving that she could create something from nothing, though on a small level. 
With the coming of 2012, Selena has developed her abilities past what she once could, now capable of fully creating and summoning objects as she once theorized.  She has become quite the sought after individual now, possessing a beyond average level of knowledge when it comes to the phenomena that have started since 2012, as well as what she can create.  Beyond this, she is often hounded by individuals because of her appearances: a very pretty, uong looking 18 year old.

Specialty: Selena specializes in summoning bladed weapons as well as creating potions with various abilities.  She has currently perfected the method of projection summoning (creating summoning circles without needing to draw them) as well as is pursuing ways of summoning creatures and beings out of time and space itself, though the latter is extremely prone to failure, much to her chagrin. 

Body: 4 (On the level with most fit adults)
Mind: 8 (This demonstrates her advance knowledge and mental skills.)
Soul: 3 (She is after all, still a teenager.)

Combat Value: 7
Attack Combat Value: 8
Defense Combat Value: 7

HP: 35
EP: 55

Shock Value: 7

Languages: English, Japanese, Celtic, Latin, German, Chinese, Planar Common, Ancient Planar, Draconic, Demonic (planar demonic), Galactic Common.

Attributes:
+6 Power Flux (Creation primal: Summoning *Note that she summons the potions she makes into existence.*)
+4 Wealth
+9 Unique Attribute: Flux Points (4 per point of skill, 4 points per skill level)
+6 Mind Shield
+6 Special Movement: Balance
+6 Focuses Telekinesis: Summoned Blades
+5 Unique Attribute: Summoning projection (2 points per level)

Skills:
+8 Occult
+5 Writing
+5 Physical Science
+5 Languages
+5 Artisan
+5 Biological Sciences

Flaws:
+3 Hounded: Selena is hounded constantly for her abilities as a summoner and for what she can create as such.  She is also hounded for her genius level of occult knowledge.
+3 Wanted: For the same reason as Hounded, but in addition, for refusing certain questionable parties her services.
+3 Girl/Boy Magnet: She's just that pretty.  She wears goggles and a pull up mask on her bodysuit to keep people from seeing her fully.

Item:
Artisan's Bodysuit: A for fitting bodysuit that increases Selena's abilities slightly, as well as makes it easier for her to consume her potions.
+1 Combat Attack Mastery
+10 Armor
+1 Unique Attribute: (Input valves, 1 point, these allow her to utilize potions much easier through injection or other means)
+1 Jumping

>>><<<<

She's quite a fragile character, but her potions and weapons will keep her alive and out of harms way a good bit, as well as make her a huge supporting role to the other characters.

Zaer Darkwail

Nice, one thoroughly completed characther :). I start now more actively help once I get time off the school to do so. The period is ending but new one starting in next week.

KeyOfTwilight

Oooh, icky school, lol.  I probably should have said this in the background, but Selena hates men, due to a bad experience with the psychiatrist.  So she is most definitely a lesbian, even if men tend to go after her like a magnet to iron.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, also it could be even defect to have strong disrespect to men and being strong lesbian type :P. Anycase yeah, but school itself is not hard but bit boring at times. As I am studying first degree of education in computing in marketing. Or 'Datanome' if that's more familiar term. Just sit on computer screen. The free time is sparse enough between make short quick replies but not actually check and build characthers.

KeyOfTwilight

I don't want her to be against men totally, just distrustful, and against anything sexual with them.  (She was raped as a child sortof thing)

Xiphon III

Finally got my hands on the actual PHB, so I can work on my character more fully now...

KeyOfTwilight

It's pretty easy to find, great set of rules to hold on to.

Xiphon III

Eh, my local shop  had to put it on order for me. We don't have a game store or hobby shop....we have a comic store that happens to carry some tabletop stuff.

who149

Alex Diamond

Mind:10
soul: 8
Body: 2

Telekineses: 6 ranks (48 Points)
Mind Control: 5 ranks (40 points)[4 points to duriation (that cost 12 I believe) to make it last up to 5 min]
Telepathy: 5 Ranks (?? points)
Flight: 2 ranks (?? Points)
Dimension door: 1 ranks (? points)
Teleport: 2 rank. (20 points)

(How much have I spent so far and whats my HP/ energy)

50 Health
90 Energy
10 Shock Value

Ons and offs!

Xiphon III

Yes, who, you can burn points into duration as well.

Zaer Darkwail

I quote it from my book;

The base number of Health Points is equal to the sum of the Body Stat and Soul Stat multiplied by 5 ([Body + Soul) x 5]) Increase Health Points by +5 for every Level of the Tough Attribute (page 57) the character possesses. Reduce Health Points by - 5 for every -2 Points of the Not So Tough Defect (page 100) that the character possesses.

To calculate your character’s initial Energy Point total, add together the Mind Stat and Soul Stat and multiply by 5 ([Mind + Soul] x 5). Increase Energy Points by 5 for every Level of the Energy Bonus Attribute (page 30) the character possesses.

(energy is useful for depleting attributes and also burn it for add extra dot for attributes certain traits or even change some key events in the story with 50 energy burn).

Also Shock Value will play important role determine when your char takes so much dmg he is not knocked out but paralyzed/stunned from the attack.

The Shock Value is equal to the character’s maximum Health Points divided by 5. ([Health Points] ÷ 5). Increase Shock Value by 10 for each assignment of the Combat Technique (Hardboiled) Attribute (page 22). A character’s Shock Value cannot exceed one-half his or her Health Point total.

Now, to speak cost of stats (mind, soul and body);
1=10=Inept; infant
2=20=Significantly below adult human average; child
3=30=Below adult human average; teenager
4=40=Adult human average
5=50=Above adult human average
6=60=Significantly above human average
7=70=Highly capable
8=80=Extremely capable
9=90=Best in the region
10=100=Best in the country
11=110=World-class ability
12=120=Maximum human potential
13+ 140+ Special; Out of your limits (for now) shortly said

Recommended number for stats is between 120-240 depending how much points are in use.

Also yes, increasign duration is possible with mind control. Each point added to it increases the duration.

who149

Alright- Now All I need is too get info on all the missing ones and Ill pick my skills from the points remaining (If it cost too much Ill tweak it)

Thanks

Ons and offs!

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here are translations needed for your abilities Who149;

Telekineses: 6 ranks
It is 4pts for specific type of material or 8pts for 'general anything'. With 6 ranks you gain +3 weapon rating for telekinetic 'thrown' or 'used' objects (and range 3), up to 100k kg material controlled. Range 3 translats to 1 km. Also manipulation is for single target/object (or make attack to single target, 100K kg punching power hurts).

Mind Control: 5 ranks (40 points)[4 points to duriation (that cost 12 I believe) to make it last up to 5 min]
I assume you took full 8pts variant which is universal (meaning it affects maximum possible varied types of critters, anything with mind 1 and it counts computers also). You get +5 to attack roll when using this power along with Mind stat. Default duration is 1 minute and range is default 0 and so it only works on adjacent people. With 4pts invested to duration it makes power last 10 minutes (it does not cost 12 to get 10 minutes as so far as I understand but BESM savy folk feel free correct me if I am wrong). Also targets 1 invindual at time.

Telepathy: 5 Ranks (?? points)
It costs 2, 4 or 6 per rank.  defined in below;

Telepathy — Minor Class costs 2 Points/Level. Specify a
small class of targets that can be affected, such as “only works
with canines” or “only with close friends”.

Telepathy — Major Class costs 4 Points/Level. Specify a
somewhat restricted class of targets that can be affected, for
example, “only with humans” or “only with beasts”.

Telepathy — Universal costs 6 Points/Level. It can be
used on any mind.

Each rank adds +1 to mind stat to 'iniatate' mind reading with said subjects. The power has default 10m range and no duration besides normal speech and targets one invidual.

Flight: 2 ranks (?? Points)
You do know you could use your own telekinsesis to fly? Well, fligth sepparately serves save telekinesis to something else at least. 8pts per level and rank 2 gives 30 kph speed.

Dimension door: 1 ranks (? points)
Need define is it dimensional portal or walk. I tell both;

Dimensional Portal: A one way portal to somewhere other dimension which is 1 meter radius and transports the guy and anyone around him whitting radius to other dimension (which can be guy's own pocket dimension). I allow time included to dimensions it with extend you cannot go more than 1 day in either direction and to travel both past and future you need buy levels in this attribute to do that sepparately (1 level allows either past or future, level 2 you can purchase able do both). You can extend 1 day by buying duration charts, linearly multiply the time by x5 each time you purchase additional duration (meaning with 10 rank duration you can travel up to 27,127 years into future or past from your original time when you made the first jump). Offensively using portal asks duration table also, 16 for 'infinate' one way transport to other dimension for someone. To travel between back and forth between dimensions you need another level of this attribute to able travel back to earth example. Attribute costs 8pts per level. No duration purchase needed to measure how long you can be in other dimension.

Dimensional Walk: You do not 'jump' to other dimensions but rather walk into one literally. This is usable to back and forth travel but it takes time. Level 1 it takes month to reach the location. Ability costs 20pts per level and allows transport other inviduals in 3 meters from the char.

Teleport: 2 rank. (20 points)
100m teleportation for self or other person via touch. Cannot teleport where you cant see or can visualize well.

avorae

Just dropping a line to say that i am still interested in the game just been busy with work so i havre not had time to come up with a concept yet.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Xiphon III

Hey, is there anything wrong with my guy? Just want to make sure....

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, nothing wrong altough note the portal is created 'on fly'. It means you can create portal into thin air if you want but if you want really lock down the portal into transportation form you can have your box :). I need check the points tough but things you have are fine. But did you purchase any skill ranks? I would think military guy you would know ways of street, be smooth talker or excelent athletic or decent pilot etc.

Zireena

Just asking real quick if you have room for one more person? If not I'll simply watch. I once almost tried a game of this, but then I moved away before we could start.

Xiphon III

Nah, I thought about points in pilot, but he's more of a ground guy. Decent driving though. Here are his skill ranks. I was using the concept that he was their infiltrator. Able to get in with his guns, or stay afar with his rifle.

Area Knowledge, Japan. Specialization: Military bases. 6 ranks.

Demolitions. Specialization: Artificial Structures. 2 Ranks.

Driving. Specialization: Armoured Fighting Vehicle. 3 ranks.

Controlled Breathing. Specializtion: Holding Breath. 4 ranks.

Controlled Breathing. Specialization: Slow Heart Rate. 3 ranks.

Military Sciences. Specialization: Tactics. 5 ranks.

Stealth. Specialization: Camoflage. 2 ranks.