What are you watching right now?

Started by Inkidu, November 12, 2008, 08:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Assassini on December 07, 2015, 02:05:52 PM
Finished Season 5 of GoT and have been left a ruined man, a shadow of my former self...

I'm a couple of episodes off the end. It really is like that, lol. Knowing some of what happens and having seen the rest of the series, I'm not sure I really want to see too much more of it and I was really into that show. :/ Some of those episodes were incredible, but it wasn't the fate I wanted to see for some of those characters (it's downright messed up).

OT: I started watching Supernatural last night. I saw the first two episodes and it wasn't quite how I was expecting it to be, but it was good.

Bliss

How To Get Away With Murder. Which was super funny to tell someone today after we finished making up from a fight. XD
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

SapphireStar

tyr4n02r

I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Scylla

The Office.. for like the seventeenth time. :/

The Lioness

Army of Darkness....I missed stop-action goodness of movies like these...
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

♥Posts owed: 1/1 ♥ Posts completed: 0/1 ♥ Pending: 0 ♥
♥Status: Open ♥

Bliss

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Blythe

Season 2 of The Borgias on Netflix.

SapphireStar

Assassini

Quote from: Sherlock on December 12, 2015, 04:19:18 PM
Season 2 of The Borgias on Netflix.

Man, I really quite liked that show. Very reminiscent of The Tudors, which was also really good. I quite like a good historical drama (it helps that I love all that medieval shit).

OT: Found a new anime, which is obviously a problem considering I've binge-watched the first 26 episodes in the last 2-3 days... And I was supposed to be working and playing games in that time as well! It's Hajime no Ippo, which is apparently one of those "gateway" animes which are both good and easy to watch. It's definitely quite alright, a few minor standard irritations that I have with the format of anime in general (which I think is likely more a cultural thing) but overall its been a good watch so far.

It's WAY too easy to just keep watching "one more episode" though... Because of their short length each individual episode feels like it should be quite quick but then you say the same thing about the next one...

Edit: Apparently I've actually watched 28 episodes, which just exemplifies the problem!

The Lioness

DiVinci's Demons

If you like The Tudors or The Borgias, you'd like this. If you have Amazon Prime, they have a free week trial of a large library of STARS movies and TV shows. This is one of them. REALLY effing good.
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

LuckyOwl

It's also written by David S. Goyer, the writer and producer for Batman Begins, Man of Steel, and The Dark Knight. It's pretty good, although there are some instances in which the low budget clearly shows (especially big battle scenes).
QuoteYou never knew exactly how much space you occupied in people's lives.
F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tender is the Night

AmberStarfire

I was watching my way through Supernatural season 1, but when I got back to Ireland I found it wasn't on the Netflix here. I'm watching Millennium with Wyld (we're on season 2) and I'm about to start season 8 of the X-Files, so I can get the remainder of the show watched before the new season premieres toward the end of January.

Sergeant

Bliss

Gilmore Girls - from which, for a short while, I took a break to watch How To Get Away With Murder and was all HEY THAT'S PARIS!!!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

The Lioness

Outlander

I have to say that Sam Heughan's role makes me crave a story with a similar character. Helloooo Nurse!

Assassini

Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Loved. Best Film 2015.

No exceptions.

TR-8R best character 2015.

Chi

~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

Lustful Bride

Sicario. I thought I would hate this movie..but I like it.

I also want to slap some sense into Emily Blunt's character. She must have never heard of the phrase.

"Need to know basis..and you don't need to know."

SapphireStar

The Lioness

LuckyOwl

Quote from: Assassini on January 03, 2016, 05:31:37 PM
Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Loved. Best Film 2015.

No exceptions.

TR-8R best character 2015.

cough Fury Road cough

Assassini

Quote from: LuckyOwl on January 19, 2016, 04:32:45 AM
cough Fury Road cough

Didn't I say "no exceptions"?

I swear I said "no exceptions"...

LuckyOwl

Quote from: Assassini on January 19, 2016, 08:08:06 AM
Didn't I say "no exceptions"?

I swear I said "no exceptions"...

Yeah, which just means you're plain wrong instead of just forgetful  :P

HeadmasterFelix