The Superiors [Original Super-Heroes, Recruiting Closed]

Started by Foxy DeVille, April 16, 2014, 08:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

Well in the public eye Dedika is a decorated officer, regular American hero.  So long as she doesn't open her mouth or take that helmet off.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 23, 2014, 05:11:07 PM
where is the game going to be put?

I've been pondering that. With not wanting to limit people and the likelihood of stuff like violence and drug use, I'm leaning towards Extreme. Maybe have a tag on posts with Extreme content to give people a heads up if they wish to avoid it. Buuuuut if the consensus is to have it milder, I will bow to the will of the people.

caelcormac

Here is Chimera, the nicest shapeshifting cannibal you will ever meat..er..meet!

He's gone through a couple different versions, and if this one is a little too weird for people then I have another I can swap out that is a little less warped.

Codename: Chimera
Name: Arthur Adams
Description:
"Beast Form" http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/07/tyger11.jpg
"Human Form" http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/61/23/f0/6123f0ebaaa2ca0ac120358c998c4732.jpg
What he actually looks like in a fight http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BNpZ3DlbL5w/T_JACKx0RMI/AAAAAAAABbo/kmgGpZJ3K5s/s1600/AlexTolliver-monsterform1.jpg

Powers: Chimera is a shape shifter, though he does not have a lot of fine control over his abilities. In front of the press he wears the forms designed for him by Image Nation: an idealized version of his old, human appearance and a sleek and marketable “Beast Man" form. In reality, however, he is hardly anything close to being nice to look at. He usually starts in his Beast Man form, but it quickly becomes twisted and warped as his body starts to overcompensate for any wounds he receives or grows spiky bone plates, extra limbs or eyes, and even the occasional tooth filled maw because they seemed handy at the moment. In a pinch he can even grow and dislodge large 'teeth' to use as ranged weapons, but this is painful and he doesn't like it. After a few minutes of combat he is a twisted abomination that is horrific enough that many flee or surrender to his comrades rather than let him get anywhere near him. His malleable form is very fast, and if submerged under water can even grow gills, but he has yet to be able to make a form that can successfully fly or glide, though he is working on it.

Qualifications:  Nowadays what qualifies Arthur to be on the Superiors are his powers and his positive attitude. He originally had nothing to offer as a canidate but as an employee with access to the project and the ambition to become a hero, he used every favor he had to get on the list of candidates anyway.

Motivation: Arthur wants to be a superhero, no bones about it. A lover of comic books well into his adult years, when he had the chance to be like one of his idols he lept in with both feet forward. Arthur is mortified that anyone on the team might be less enthusiastic about being a hero as he is, but he is certain that just like in the comics his virtue will rub off on his less than idealistic teammates and mold them into a true blue force for good in the world. The reverse, him becoming addicted to fame and disillusioned about heroism, certainly won’t happen. It couldn't. Honest.

Personality: Arthur is the nicest guy anyone could ever hope to meet. He believes in the ideals of heroism wholeheartedly and is generally optimistic and kind to everyone. He loves children, is kind to the elderly and until his drastic career change was a bright spot of humanity in an otherwise cynical PR agency. Almost everyone likes Arthur, once they get past the gruesomeness of his abilities that is.

History: Originally an employee at Image Nation Arthur was assigned to Project Prometheus as part of the design team. He had been obsessed with heroes and the First  Force his entire life and once he realized what he was working on he knew he had to take shot at being one, even if it cost him his job. He called in every favor, used every bit of access given to him and begged, borrowed, or stole the access he didn’t have in order to be put on one of the lists of candidates.  He was eventually discovered but instead of costing him his job he instead came to the attention to one of the project directors at Next-Gen, who had another idea. He wanted to see how far Arthur would go to become a hero, and was pleased when the answer was “As far as it took”.

Arthur signed his life away to Next-Gen, agreeing to be a part of any number of test procedures to get his shot to be on the team. He was the fifteenth human trial of Next-Gen’s cellular regeneration project, and so far the only survivor. Surviving the trial didn’t mean it succeeded, instead of giving him the ability to regenerate it completely warped his biology. Unless held in check his body is constantly twisting and rebuilding itself, and while that does get the effect of him being able to heal almost any injury the horrific side effects meant that he could hardly be considered a success. But as he learned control Next-Gen realized that he could still be made use of. He learned to take a human form again, and then to shape that into marketable perfection. A “Battle Form” was designed for him to use in PR shoots and with practice he can move between his pre-set forms with ease. He was renamed from “Test Subject 15” to “Chimera” and allowed admittance on the team. His former employers approved, the idea that anyone could become Superior with hard work, dedication, and loyalty made for great PR copy.

Secrets: Aside from his sometimes horrific appearance, there was another side effect of the cellular regeneration project. Arthur is almost always hungry. At home this isn’t usually a problem, he is given plenty of food and appetite suppressants in order to remain his normal and friendly self. But in the field is another story. Using his powers makes him hungry, and in battle he is often surrounded by things that are made of meat, like people. And sometimes during battle he has a little accident. He hates himself afterwards, but his handlers assure him that he is the hero and those he accidentally eats are the bad guys. An sacrifices must be made for the greater good.

AribethAmkiir

It's too bad but I'll be officially withdrawing my interest.

Latooni Subota

Extreme is too extreme for me, so to speak. If more people are leaning that way then I'll probably end up bowing out too.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Pumpkin Seeds

BadForm

Nowhere is too mild or too extreme. I've written everything from non sexual romances to things I won't mention.
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200349.0

GabrielM

I think I am ok with what ever though I have never written much more that mild fun kink...

Green Goo Theory

I'd like to post my interest.  I have some characters already made and available but at this point I'm not sure any of the three could work within the confines of this game.  At least not with the origins of the powers and everything. 

I would have posted something earlier but I had to wait to get accepted. 
Coming soon...

Kadigan

Code Name: Windtalker
Description:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Powers/Skills/Gadgets: Mika can summon various “spirit animals” granting her their strengths and powers. Known powers include Strength of the bear, speed of the puma, eyesight of the eagle, and ears of the wolf. She can only summon one at any given time. She also carries a pair of tomahawk axes at her side. 

Qualifications: Besides her versatile powers, she’s also a face for the public, an “original American” she brings another culture to the forefront.

Motivations: They offered her a way to walk again and be whole, as well as an increased level of comfort such as she never knew before. She has found she likes the attention that it provides, as well as the adrenaline rush that comes from the battles.

Personality: Intense when in combat and competition, happiest when she's living the good life and getting what she wants, she can also be a bit of a brat when it comes to not receiving her hearts desire. Sweet to those who have something she wants and absolutely ignorant and ignoring of those who don't. She’s more then happy to do whatever she can for the Superiors to make some extra money. Posters, Calendars, Personal Appearances. As long as it keeps money flowing, she’s in.

History: Mika is a full blooded Olgala Lakota who grew up on the Prairie Rose Reservation. She grew up in rather meager conditions, though she never truly wanted for much she never had much of anything extra. Her parents both worked two jobs to make ends meet with 4 kids to provide them with even the bare necessities. As such she was raised by her older brothers and sister quite a bit, and left to her own devices got into a bit of trouble.

There was a saying that if you weren’t off the res by 16 you were never leaving, and she soon found herself in the same position. Fortunately she managed to avoid getting pregnant, and joined the tribal police. She rarely moved beyond the desk, as when she was out in the field she was prone to being slightly unreliable, as well as having outbursts. On one of those rare trips out into the field, she was involved in a high speed chase, a rare occurrence, when the patrol car was side swiped by a delivery truck. She survived, but barely.  3rd degree burns covered her face, her right arm was amputated and both knees were crushed beyond repair.

In the hospital, she wasn’t expected to last long, and even if she did her life was pretty much over. One of the doctor’s however, had a few colleagues who had risen to prominence in the government, and soon she was approached by a pair of faceless agents from the Superior project.  They offered the this deal: She would be made better. In exchange she would be whatever they wanted. She agreed without a second's hesitation, on the conditions that she be restored to physical grace, and that she was provided with a lifestyle and comfort level to what she always felt she deserved.

Vices/Secrets: She loves attention, having her picture taken, the good attention, the bad attention, anything she can get her hands on. She's been known to partake in alcohol, but avoids the harder drugs, though is not above associating with people who do. Her entire life is a secret though; her history presented to the public a fake.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Teen Archer; Kid Arrow

Aliases:   The Fourth Estate;
Identity:   Secret
Base of Operations:   San Francisco, California; Mobile
Citizenship:   U.S.A., with no criminal record, listed as Special Operative for CIA
Place of Birth:  San Francisco, California
Known Relatives:  Edward McKenzie (The Iron Tiger; father), Marisa Del Toro-McKenzie (The Blue Bullet; mother)
Group Affiliation:  None
Education:  Extensive paramilitary training, partial B.S. in Electrical Engineering
Religion: Protestant
Ethnicity: Caucasian (Spanish)
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Height:  6'1
Weight:  160 lbs.
Hair:  Black
Eyes:  Brown

Powers:  None

Abilities:  Kid Arrow is a master archer and marksman.  He is also formally trained in several martial arts, including boxing, karate and tae-kwon do.  Since he's a natural athlete, he is a capable aerialist, acrobat and climber.  In accordance with special provisions in the Keen Act, the Kid has been formally trained in subterfuge for the purposes of assassinations, sabotage and military intelligence.  Medea, his handler, has spent some time instructing the Kid on the finer points of mental strength and memory retention.

Weapons:  Kid Arrow relies on a fiberglass compound longbow and an array of trick arrows for combat; he finds firearms impersonal.

Paraphernalia:  Kid Arrow's hi-tech nomex, fire-retardant armor houses an advanced array of technology, including night vision goggles and fingertip-microphone sensors.  Fingertips can extend into talons that can break into concrete to permit wall-climbing.  The Kid also employs a grapple gun.

Appearance:  A dark blue WW2 pilot uniform armor replica hugs a tight, wiry frame; black riding steel-toed boots with steel greaves and heavy gloves give the ensemble an inertial appearance.  A forearm guard on his left arm doubles as a radio.  A sleek white helmet with a beak-like visor covers the entire face except the chin.  A red WWI flying scarf finishes the ensemble.

Personality:  Personality profiles conducted by federal psychiatrists indicate that the Kid is a mature, confident 19-year-old;  however, he does demonstrate immaturity when it comes to things that go fast, pretty women and organized sports.  He is respectful, courteous, idealistic and disciplined; and as such, he's still a virgin.

History:  I got into the crime-fighting biz when I was seventeen.  My parents, they didn't think much of it.  They retired on my account, looked after me like I was an egg ever since.  Psych says that I'm doing this because I'm trying to make em' mad, but they're the exception.  People do dangerous things all the time, and they don't need powers.  Truth is, you don't need powers to be a hero.  All you need to have is a good heart, a pretty sharp eye and the will to be the best at something.

Picked up the bow when I was at St. George's.  Must've been first grade.  Big Pollack with short shorts makes us do constitutionals so we get to class tired; one day, heaves these massive longbows that are as tall as us at our feet.  Says, 'all right girls, hit the target over yonder.'  Seems ideal.  Kids like bows, but not inclined to take it up.  Dead sport.  First try leads to a sore forearm.  Taut waxy strings hurt.  Second arrow flops right in front of me.  Third does the same.  None of the arrows get to the target that day.  None of the arrows even went straight.  I'm in first grade.  Boys make fun of me.

But I wasn't discouraged.  In fact, I was fascinated.  Talk my dad into getting me a bow for my birthday.  Hunt squirrel in the woods.  Never catch any.  I'm still no good with the bow.

I'm ten.  I've forgotten about the bow.  It lurks somewhere in my filthy closet.  But I hear a strange noise.  My bat's laying somewhere in the yard.  Dad and I played baseball for a while.  But he broke my hand with a fast ball.  Don't blame the guy for it.  Man's built like an ox.  I think that's when he started being overprotective, treating me like porcelain doll instead of like a child.  Miss those old days.

Noise.  It's a shuffle, then a clatter.  Glass breaks.  Then, a gunshot.  I'm compelled to investigate.  Pick up the bow because, like I said, the bat's in the front yard.  I sneak down from my room.  I see my dad on the ground with a bullet in his head.  He's not dead, just unconscious.  A bald Asian man dressed in black draws the gun on my mother.  I know that she can't take a bullet and she's not as fast as she used to be.  She's gained a few pounds after childbirth that she never lost.  Always wondered if she blamed me for taking away her good looks, her charmed life, her fun adventures.  But things don't look fun now.  She's sobbing.  I lift my bow and shoot the man.  It was instinctual, like my nerves traveled back in time to the times of King Edward the III or something.  I'm ten years old.  I'm a Persian, I'm a Hun, I'm a yeoman archer.  My arrow hits true squarely in the base of his neck.  He looks up at me, almost curious, his eyes pained.  I shoot him again.  This time, one of his eyes are gone.  He falls to his knees.  I don't know if he's dead at that instant, but I'm not interested.  More men with guns, four in all, approach the stairs, looking up.  And before they can even acknowledge what is happening, and who is doing it, I launch a volley of arrows.  I'm ten years old.  I can't pull the arrow back too far.  Not strong enough.  But I was strong enough.

One goes down.  Two, then three.  Fourth man up, but I got no more arrows.  I freeze.  Don't know what to do.  Man starts to laugh.  He points the gun at me.  Did he forget that my mother was there?  She darts up to him, as fast as she can muster, breaking 100 MPH easy, and tackles him.  I hear her cry out.  Looks like she dislocated her shoulder.  Man is no longer there--just his feet and a blood splatter on the wall.

Dad wakes up.  Treats me like an egg.  Police come.  Blue blanket surrounds me.  I get asked questions.  'Sorry,' I say.  Don't know what else to say.  Never once did I let go of my bow.

I think I'm scared now.  I'm ten years old and I wonder when bad men will come into my house to take away my parents.  So I sleep with my bow.  Every day, I practice.  I get better.  And better.  And better.  I dedicate three hours every day after school.  My parents make me take self-defense classes.  My dad's proud of me when I get my first black belt in karate.  Mother doesn't want me to be a hero.  I know that they were heroes once.  Mrs. Jupiter's my godmother and she's a wealth of information.  Mother and I visit her in the resort.  Lady coughs brown goo into a napkin before she begins one of her stories.  'The Minute Men were...,' 'Your dad was so handsome!' and 'Your mom and I teamed up in...' stories are the norm. 

Stands don't sell superhero comics any more.  People don't like capes.  Sometimes someone realizes my dad's a cape and refuses him service.  Maybe puts something in his hamburger.  Once, toad leg in my ice cream.  Don't care for pirate comics.  Mrs. Jupiter has a lot of old comics.  People send her stuff all the time with her in 'em.  Mom and her reminisce on the old days.  I read comics.  Like Mrs. Jupiter.  She must've been pretty when she was young.  Must be difficult to get old.

Next day, Alfredo knocks on my door while I'm out training.  Go around the house and see him yelling at my dad.  Something about a mission.  Dad says he doesn't want in.  Slams the door in the Alfredo's face.  Comedian's tough; but dad is tougher.  For an instant, I think he's going to knock the door down.  Thinks better of it.  Walks to his beautiful red corvette and lights a cigar with a zippo.  Sees me looking at him.  Gestures for me to walk over.  Tells me, 'hear you're good with a bow.'  I tell him I'm okay.  Then he asks me if I wanna go on a mission for the good ole' U.S.A.

Now, I know why he did it.  Man suckered me to go on a dangerous mission just to get my dad to come.  Surprised the boots off of Alfredo when I pulled my own weight.  But I don't like being played like a pawn.  Tell the Alfredo to shove it.  The man doesn't care for it and hands me my jaw on a platter.  Tough sell that Alfredo.  Mission's a success.  Two weeks in Russia and I still don't know a lick of Cyrillic.  Come back, and dad has a few words with him.  Went in walking correctly, came out with a limp.  Dad's pissed at me.  Tells me that I'm just human.  So I tell him that Alfredo's just human, too.  Dad tells me that Alfredo's not human.  Didn't know that.  Suddenly I don't feel bad about my ass getting handed to me.

Service for the country gives me leeway on the Anti-Powers Act.  So I start going out at night on patrols.  Start working with vigilantes whenever I head towards New York City.  Sometimes I wonder how some of them got started in the crime-fighting business, but in the end, I try not to care.  Sleep better at night if I don't think about some of them.  Seems to me they breaks more laws than they stomps out.  Don't like some of them, so I don't work with them.  Visit some old timers who were friends with my dad from time to time while I'm out there.  Convenient to have guys like them around around; they're repositories of crime-fighting knowledge.

I've been doing this for roughly three years now.  Federals retired the Alfredo, so I get appointed to go wherever they want me to go.  Feds got Veidt Industries to craft me a fun little number: it's "a fashion statement."  Once, I was told that it took over 300 man hours to develop my new look.  Reflection in the mirror made me laugh because they made me look like a Nazi open-cockpit airplane pilot.  Good image to send the public.  My sarcasm is lost on them.

Oddly, I receive checks from Veidt Industries.  Turns out they got a doll of me that's hot with the teenage girl demographic which is strange because only older women approach me.

You gotta try to focus on more important stuff, like fighting the good fight and curbing criminals.  Not enough time for a social life.  Trying to get a degree at UCLA, but I'm considered a risk so I'm taught via television in an empty classroom.  Sometimes I get lonely because I have no friends.  Other heroes are bizarre.

Super Condensed History:  Kid Arrow is the non-powered son of two super-powered beings, the Blue Bullet and The Iron Tiger.  He picked up the bow at an early age and has, with age, become a master archer.

Appearance Outside of Costume:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Foxy DeVille

Okey doke... things look pretty darn good. I'll give anyone that's interested another day to come up with a character. Then I'll holla at people if I have any questions about their dude or dudette.  Hopefully things will get fired up mid-week.

Pumpkin Seeds

Scarie187

Spynmaster

Got any room for a psychic-based storm-themed bash-and-slasher who's strong-willed and believes in goodness, justice, friendship, and love regardless of laws, rules, or social standards?

Kadigan

Pondering my character a bit..could use a sounding board if anyone arond for a pm

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Spynmaster on April 28, 2014, 10:02:40 AM
Got any room for a psychic-based storm-themed bash-and-slasher who's strong-willed and believes in goodness, justice, friendship, and love regardless of laws, rules, or social standards?

Sure!

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on April 28, 2014, 03:47:53 PM
Pondering my character a bit..could use a sounding board if anyone arond for a pm

I'll be around this evening. I pop in and out while watching sports entertainment on Monday nights

Latooni Subota

I'm actually going to back out too, at this point.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Latooni Subota on April 28, 2014, 07:06:15 PM
I'm actually going to back out too, at this point.

:'(

That's too bad, I really liked your character. The door's always open if you change your mind.

Meanwhile... looking things over one or two more female characters. So I'll extend the cut-off until tomorrow to see if we can get some more heroines up in here. 

Latooni Subota

Yeah, sorry. Just not feelin' the mix of the wildly different types of characters after a lot of thinking on it.

Green Goo Theory

I can drop in a female character (I have a few) as long as no one minds.  I'll have to do it tonight though.  Sorry about not getting anything sent in prior to this.  Last two days was all plane rides, driving, and classes for work.  Still classes today but since I wasn't operating on two hours of sleep I'll actually get to do some stuff tonight.

Sorry for the wait though. 

Just to double check (I don't have time to go back and reread the thread.  already running late on lunch break) what are limitations on tech level?  Magic?  possible random genetic stuff?  Not that I want to rely on archetypes but just for examples would something like Vision or Iron Man exist?  A less over powered version of Dr. Strange? 

I'll be back to discuss some more stuff and work on the character around 5pm central.

Alright, back and I read everything in detail to answer my own questions.  So magic exists, power armor exists (though already used), obvious genetic stuff, but leaves the question of Vision or Ultron like creations; can they exist here with the current level of tech?  Just exploring additional options. 

I think I'll wait a moment though to check Latooni Subota's suggestion.  I personally didn't think the submitted characters were all that crazy for comic-style RP.  I'm willing to fit into any level though. 
Coming soon...

BadForm

Foxy - I could be wrong, but it seems like some of the dropping out is based on people not being willing to accept the more extreme characters. Given that my little sociopath is one of the most negative here if you need me to drop out for group harmony I'll do it. Just let me know and sorry to have caused problems.
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200349.0

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on April 29, 2014, 12:52:21 PM
I can drop in a female character (I have a few) as long as no one minds.  I'll have to do it tonight though.  Sorry about not getting anything sent in prior to this.  Last two days was all plane rides, driving, and classes for work.  Still classes today but since I wasn't operating on two hours of sleep I'll actually get to do some stuff tonight.

Sorry for the wait though. 

Just to double check (I don't have time to go back and reread the thread.  already running late on lunch break) what are limitations on tech level?  Magic?  possible random genetic stuff?  Not that I want to rely on archetypes but just for examples would something like Vision or Iron Man exist?  A less over powered version of Dr. Strange? 

I'll be back to discuss some more stuff and work on the character around 5pm central.

Alright, back and I read everything in detail to answer my own questions.  So magic exists, power armor exists (though already used), obvious genetic stuff, but leaves the question of Vision or Ultron like creations; can they exist here with the current level of tech?  Just exploring additional options. 

I think I'll wait a moment though to check Latooni Subota's suggestion.  I personally didn't think the submitted characters were all that crazy for comic-style RP.  I'm willing to fit into any level though.

Actually there's no magic amongst the player characters but a character could have powers that get passed off as magic. One thing to remember that while everyone with superhuman powers on the team got them from genetic manipulation, they have individual fake origins.

Quote from: BadForm on April 29, 2014, 01:33:37 PM
Foxy - I could be wrong, but it seems like some of the dropping out is based on people not being willing to accept the more extreme characters. Given that my little sociopath is one of the most negative here if you need me to drop out for group harmony I'll do it. Just let me know and sorry to have caused problems.

Nope, you're stuck here. Try to leave and I'll tape your buttcheeks together like Emilio Estevez did to some kid in The Breakfast Club.

My idea for this game is to have it dark in tone. Not grim and gritty per se but almost like black comedy. Your character' bad habits fit that really well.

Green Goo Theory

Gotcha.  Guess I misread the ceremony that summoned the valkyrie'n such.  Time for me to work on the character. 

You needed more female characters, right
Coming soon...