Empire of the Indigo Star -- Sci Fi political intrigue freeform original setting

Started by Niferbelle, November 10, 2015, 08:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giantmutantcrab

Cousin Itt?

With the bowtie and bowler hat?

:(

But he seemed so nice...

Flower

Working on this sheet today! I decided to play the other but push the death (-cough- murder) of the Duke back a few years.

I swear I can't find a face claim. I thought I liked the one picked originally but now I'm rethinking it.

PLAYER NAME: Flower
CHARACTER NAME: Ghalia Prawomir
AFFILIATED HOUSE: Prawomir
CONCEPT: Blessed and Beloved Mother of the People | Mouthpiece of the Goddess
PRIMARY SKILL: Beguilement
SECONDARY SKILLS (3-5):
Forgery
Resilient (Physically mostly but also Mentally)
Persuasion
Communication (Both Oral and Written | Public and Private)
Knowledgeable (History, Religion, Politics, Languages)

DESCRIPTION: There is nothing special about Ghalia, at least not in a physical sense. She stands at a mere 5’4, shorter than most women, and has hair of ordinary color, the deepest of browns. Or as her dearly departed husband would say, the color of dirt which showed her real worth. However, what she lacks in appearances, she has been blessed with a mind sharper than any assassin’s blade. Once, in her younger years, when she was not troubled by the heavy responsibility of her position or the constant battle for security for her children, she smiled more often. However, it had become a rare commodity only witnessed by her twins. Due to the recent financial struggles, her ability to indulge in the finer goods in life has been curbed but she still manages to ensure her children and those who follow her do not appear like paupers.

PERSONALITY AND MANNERISMS:

Compassionate | Guarded | Protective | Scheming | Cunning | Deceitful

Despite her unreadable exterior, Ghalia is actually a compassionate woman. Those closest to her have witnessed her generosity, not only to those of her blood and friends, but also the poor who come to pay homage to the goddess who had granted her the ability to hold a position no other woman dreamed possible. She gives to those who she deems in deed freely and attempts to help them better their lives. On the other side, her past has caused her to be extremely protective to the point where she has perhaps pushed some people away who would have been beneficial to her cause. Trust does not come easily for her, especially with the secrets found in her world. The recent punishment has caused her to become even bitterer about her fate. For that, she is constantly on the lookout for an opportunity to make everyone regret mistreating her children, her people, and her.

PERSONAL HISTORY: Born to one of the lesser nobles, Ghalia lived a fairly laidback life, where her father did not beat her and her mother allowed her to run wild during her youth. It was only when she reached puberty did her life become more constrained as her parents concerned themselves with her future. She was taught the importance of holding her tongue while keeping her mind agile. As she entered the cusps of womanhood, her parents had secured her a match and a marriage was rumored to be on the horizon.

However, all that changed with one act of rebellion.

She had fancied a young farmer’s lad, one whom she had grown up with. It had been her intent to run away with him to a planet where they would be accepted and no questions of their origins would be asked of them. Their planning was for naught. Before they could board a ship and escape, they were captured by her father’s agents. Her love, one and only, was beaten to the point of death with a cane and she was forced to watch every second of it. Her father almost believed she was beyond marriage as everyone saw her as used goods and could not be sure if she still carried another’s child. When they originally learned of Fadil’s interest in their daughter, they believed it to be a harsh jest.

It was not.

Ghalia was married to Fadil in the dead of winter. Those who attended only did so out of respect for his family rather than hers. The affair was grand, flowers were imported from foreign planets while the meats were flavored to perfection. Ghalia actually thought herself fortunate as her husband was both handsome and influential even if he was second in line to his own brother, who was fated to rule the planet upon their father’s death. It was only during their marriage night was her misconception corrected.

Fadil had heard of her through other’s mouths who laughed at her expense. Where others found amusement, he found a challenge. He did not seek to marry someone of weak will. Instead, he sought the enjoyment of a partner he could break and mold into something of his own making. Honestly, it was the former he took the most enjoyment out of.

In his own sick way, Fadil loved her despite his strategic beatings and careful concealment of his true character. Ghalia’s attempts to deny him a child, through any means, failed. When she learned of her pregnancy, she cried rather than rejoiced like most. It did not help that most of her pregnancy was spent bedbound and sicker than a dog. Her labor was a painful and long ordeal but in the end her self-loathing faded when she looked into the faces of her twins, Djamel and Dahlia. A boy and girl. Fadil made it obvious which one he preferred. Djamel was spoiled rotten by his father while their daughter sat ignored.

During this time, when the twins were no more than two, Fadil’s brother passed away and left her husband in power. He became even drunk on his own power. No one was wiser to the fact than his wife who endured her husband when the mask of courtesy and charming fell from his face to reveal the beast underneath.

It was only over dinner when Fadil brought up the notion of sending Dhalia away did Ghalia become determined to ensure the protection of both of her children. In her desperation, she reached out to House Rovona and made promises, promises she now regrets, to ensure her husband never lived to fulfil his promise. At first, she thought they ignore her pleas or turn her in for daring to speak such a request.

They didn’t.

Fadil was murdered and Ghalia was left behind to try and pick up the pieces.

CHARACTER’S AMBITIONS: To bring her house of the the shadows and grow in power, ensure the survivable of her children, ensure no one dethrones her

RUMORS: She murdered her husband.

She's impoverished.

Giantmutantcrab

I have a very stupid question.

Should we write everything concerning our character in our character sheet?  Like, their dark secrets and the real stuff they do, etc?

Flower

I don't think you need to write everything. Character sheets, in my opinion, are just a way to jumpstart the muse and let the GM know that you don't plan to have anything to crazy in their personal background.

CShades

If there are things you'd like the GMs to know but you don't necessarily want everyone else to, it is usually a good practice to add them in an extra note to the gms outside of the sheet. Always worked for me!

"The next time I kill you, I promise you the labyrinth that consists of a single straight line that is both invisible and endless" ~Jorge Luis Borges.

Giantmutantcrab

Oh, well, I don't really mind that other players know stuff about my character.  I was just wondering if everyone was going to plainly state what their characters are, who they plan to assassinate / overthrow, etc.

I'm not super experienced in group RPs so I'm not sure how to proceed correctly.

Caela

I usually put most of that information in my sheet unless there is something in particular that needs to be kept just between me and the GMs.

Giantmutantcrab

Flower

Giantmutantcrab

Niferbelle

I'm back! May take me a bit to sort through my PMs, etc.

That Jessica Stam picture is awesome, Flower.

Crabby, I wouldn't put all your secrets on your character sheet but the GMs do want to know those things, so I would post that information as a separate note with your character sheet. We won't post that information with your sheet.

Ontan and Cyrano, loving the posts in the Out of Tome thread. I'm so excited about the writer's in this game.

Finally, kc has decided to withdraw from the game. I'll be adjusting things around to reflect this. I wish him luck wherever he settles in next.

Quote from: Amelita on November 26, 2015, 11:51:28 AM
I think from what information we have now, yes.A 90 year old man in Indigo years moves and looks like a 90 year old man in Earth years.

That's correct, Ames. I just don't want to overthink and get so technical that people have to do algebra to figure out the age equivalents >.> And after al, it isn't crap science to say that the human life span would be longer after millennia so I see it as kind of a win-win.

Oh, and Ontan, I love the chart your made. Totally awesome. And I love that everyone's first skill wasn't combat oriented.

Flower

Niferbelle

No, I hadn't put one up yet. I will probably do that soon and let everyone know :)

Giantmutantcrab

So we have an old, decrepit, evil, cruel, selfish Emperor who has wild mood swings, is on Death's door and has been able to pretty much piss everyone off.

<.<

>.>

...Am I the only one who wants to push him down a flight of stairs or add arsenic to his applesauce?

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Flower on November 29, 2015, 06:14:15 PM
-giggles-

Flower, thank you for putting your character sheet up.  It...  Gives me an idea on how to build it so it makes sense.

Flower

You're welcome. <3 I just put it there so that I would not have to continuously quote it (within my pms) in order to continue adding to the sheet throughout the day.

CurvyKitten

I'm working on my sheet, but I'm having the hardest time finding a face that works. Mrr...pokes the internet~ work darn you, gives me what I'm looking for!

Niferbelle

Flower

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 29, 2015, 06:45:43 PM
I'm working on my sheet, but I'm having the hardest time finding a face that works. Mrr...pokes the internet~ work darn you, gives me what I'm looking for!

Try here.

CurvyKitten

I am going to be playing a Novari, and wanted to find something that works with what is already established. Thinking their father probably started with dark hair that went white and maybe their mother had some red, to account for the auburn hair the boys had. And she could have anything in between. At first I thought maybe, Gatto Nero Katzenkunst but I feel iffy on her LOL But nothing else has really met what i see the muse as you know. Than again maybe I'm just thinking to much and being picky :P

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 29, 2015, 06:59:58 PM
I am going to be playing a Novari, and wanted to find something that works with what is already established. Thinking their father probably started with dark hair that went white and maybe their mother had some red, to account for the auburn hair the boys had. And she could have anything in between. At first I thought maybe, Gatto Nero Katzenkunst but I feel iffy on her LOL But nothing else has really met what i see the muse as you know. Than again maybe I'm just thinking to much and being picky :P

Oh.

Oh shoot.

Umm...

*raises hand*

The person I chose to be my character's face and body is Indian.  He is going to be a Novari.  Meaning he has dark hair, dark eyes and dark skin.  Well, darker than your average caucasian, anyway.  Is this a problem?

Niferbelle

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 29, 2015, 06:59:58 PM

I just PM'd GMC about this :)

Duke Novari is gay and his first spouse was a male (the one he had children with). In these cases what they do is take genetic material from both husbands and use a surrogate mother to carry the child (they could just grow a child in the lab from an ovum but that's considered gauche). The twins would have the same mother but the Princess and a second son could both have different mothers -- that is, there could be three different mothers which would account for differences in the children's appearances. I will make the call that the Duke has dark hair before it turned white and that the first husband had auburn to red hair. GMC, your darker skin could be from your mother. I think this can work out all right. 

By the way, Curvy, I think Gatto Nero Katzenkunst would be excellent.

Kokaine

Oooh! If people are wanting to help with face claims I'd love some help >.>

She needs to be urm... Caucasian and look like she's 20 - 30 and err... not like you could push her over with a stick *cough*

She will be a Chainer, if that helps ::)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Kokaine on November 29, 2015, 07:49:45 PM
Oooh! If people are wanting to help with face claims I'd love some help >.>

She needs to be urm... Caucasian and look like she's 20 - 30 and err... not like you could push her over with a stick *cough*

She will be a Chainer, if that helps ::)

Ronda Rousey?

http://celebrityhive.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RondaRouseyFF703.jpg

28 years old, caucasian, can kick ass with the best of them?