Maeve

The Warmth of Strange Fires

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The war was over!

Benedict and his chums were rejoicing. They hadn't served, of course, they were just bloody pleased that rationing was over. The feasts could start again! The Balls! The gambling and excess that their city was known for!

Everyone was drunk in their heady rejoicing. They had drunk, fucked and partook of every enlightening substance and entertaining venue they could that day and night. About midnight one of this friends was approached by a fine looking lass from the nearby brothel, advertising a wild hunt.

Their enemy had been old hat and hated since their founding, but their newest allies were something of a mystery. They were said to be savages, fierce in battle and unafraid of death. They had been defeated all the same but still, these mountain folk, that came from the mists of time were all the rage. It as said that they hunted their women like animals and bit them at the shoulder to proclaim this bitch as their property.

Now, this pleasure house claimed they had one and as an amusing diversion would allow fine upstanding young man like himself play the barbarian.

They are all given wine when they enter (and paid) and are surrounded by whores painted up to look like wild women. It is nothing by beautiful women, raucous laughter and free-flowing alcohol until she's brought out, struggling and afraid. Then all the men do turn into silent predators. A bell rings and they're off!

The laughter returns as they chase the young girl, nimble as a deer about the richly decorated rooms. They knock over vases and overturn couches, tear down drapes and spill Midera in any desperate bid to get to her. He is the one who corners her though. He is the one who throws her over his shoulder and takes her to a private suite while the others drown their sorrows in the other women.

He expects her to be the same. Just another painted whore drawn up to look like a savage. A bit younger perhaps, a bit fresher but no different than the rest. He expects as he undresses, for her to grin and say 'You like your tallywacker sucked gov'nor?'. She doesn't, she keeps going on in a strange lilting gibberish and trying to get out. Even when he gets her on the bed she continues her charade, so he decides to play along.

"I forgot my promise, didn't I? All the girls want a sign of commitment," he drunkenly laughed, before sinking his teeth into the junction of her neck and shoulder. She stilled then and let him do as he pleased. He took it as a sign of his prowess's that she clung to him afterward and cried in confusion when he left her in the morning.

Know thy enemy.

He begins to dream of craggy mountains, of nights spent beside fires in boon companionship, of the smell of great evergreens and cold air. He wakes and reaches out for someone else. He cries at the oddest moments. His once joyful demeanor becomes one of constant sorrow. His friends decide he needs something to cheer him. They take him out on the town, again and again until they end back at the same brothel.

He didn't remember it when he walked in. It was another gilded whorehouse. He feels lackluster and plunks into a chair, watching the girls as they go about their work uninterested in their charms.

A tray crashes and a man begins shouting. A girl responds in a strange lilting gibberish and he turns to look at her. No more painted body in straps of leather, the mountain people and noble savages are very out of vogue these days, instead, she's dressed in white lack with her hair done in curls. She looks like any other strumpet except for the vibrant red make on her shoulder, peeking out beneath the white.

He stops the man from striking her and gathers her up in his arms. He smiles for the first time in weeks and feels a contentment he's never known before.

The bite, the mating bite, isn't a mark of property; it's the entwining of two souls.

Whatever will his wife and mother say?

Hello, Maeve here! As some of you may know I have a huge interest thread, which if you find this story appealing and or want to know more about what I'm like as a partner,  I suggest you check out - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=232060.0

That list, however, has gotten rather...long. So I've decided to pluck out the plots that I'm really anxious to do and see if anyone bites. There's a lot of wiggle room in the story. It can be light and romantic or downright nasty. I'm open to playing either character. If this puts a spell on you, pm me.