Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening Witch Hunt

Started by Dunnuck, September 11, 2010, 02:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunnuck

The story cant end like that. It just cant. I just beat Witch Hunt and (spoiler ahead)

*******************SPOILER**********************SPOILER************SPOILER*********I decided to go with Morrigan through the portal. She said that Flemeth still lived and that she was going to prepare the child for what was to come. It cant end this way, we have no clue what will happen and its the last dlc.***********************SPOILER END************SPOILER END*************************SPOILER END***********

So yeah, I'm upset. I need answers. I need conclusion. I need Morrigan x Hero of Ferelden. FUCKING SHIT IM JUST ANGRY. GOD DAMN YOU BIOWARE! DAMN YOU!

Wolfy

Well, I'm guessing it does end that way because: (Wild mass guessing)

Flemeth is secretly the actual controller of the Darkspawn and even of the Archfiend itself, being a Physical God in Old woman/Dragon form.

Said child between Morrigan and the Main Character (Or Alistair) is the protagonist of Dragon age 2, and thus in Dragon Age 2 we will kill her, or at least attempt it.

Inkidu

Downloadable content. Nothing good comes from it, it confuses the fuck out of shit, and it makes you feel like you paid full price for half a game. Thanks money whoring. :D

I kill Flemeth. She irks me. I kill her every time.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on September 11, 2010, 04:22:21 PM
Downloadable content. Nothing good comes from it, it confuses the fuck out of shit, and it makes you feel like you paid full price for half a game. Thanks money whoring. :D

I kill Flemeth. She irks me. I kill her every time.

It's probably Cannon that she lives, though. :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 12, 2010, 12:21:28 AM
It's probably Cannon that she lives, though. :D
Actually the neat thing about Dragon Age is:

You make the canon!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on September 12, 2010, 01:34:27 PM
Actually the neat thing about Dragon Age is:

You make the canon!

And yet Dragon Age 2 Begs to differ.

You can't have a game where in you make the cannon..then have a damn sequal to it that won't use the save game from the previous one, and still expect it to be consistent, Inky. o3o

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 12, 2010, 02:53:53 PM
And yet Dragon Age 2 Begs to differ.

You can't have a game where in you make the cannon..then have a damn sequal to it that won't use the save game from the previous one, and still expect it to be consistent, Inky. o3o
Where are you coming from? The Game Informer article I read said that you'd be able to still have Theadas the way you crafted it as the hero of Fereldan even if you played it on PC. They were very adamant about having some kind of portability.

LadyMarisa

I haven't played Witch Hunt. Awakening was the buggiest thing ever and It was a chore to finish it. Plus, since Aliastair cast me aside, I wanted to hook up with Anders but nooooo. no romance in that expansion. Meh.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on September 12, 2010, 02:59:00 PM
Where are you coming from? The Game Informer article I read said that you'd be able to still have Theadas the way you crafted it as the hero of Fereldan even if you played it on PC. They were very adamant about having some kind of portability.

Yes, bit how you crafted it isn't the canon of the game. When the second game comes out, whatever way it is when you first start it up without porting is what will be canon for the storyline as a whole. :P

It'll be just like Mass Effect 2.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on September 12, 2010, 11:17:54 PM
Yes, bit how you crafted it isn't the canon of the game. When the second game comes out, whatever way it is when you first start it up without porting is what will be canon for the storyline as a whole. :P

It'll be just like Mass Effect 2.
Oh well, yeah, in that since. Where's the fun in that though? I enjoy crafting a universe.

Dunnuck

Pointing out that it is impossible for the main character and morrigan's child to be the protagonist in DA2  because that game takes place before, during, and after Origins. Unless the mirror took Morrigan (and my character in this case) to the past.

Inkidu

Quote from: Dunnuck on September 16, 2010, 05:59:32 AM
Pointing out that it is impossible for the main character and morrigan's child to be the protagonist in DA2  because that game takes place before, during, and after Origins. Unless the mirror took Morrigan (and my character in this case) to the past.
Doubtful. They kind of made Hawke out to be his (or her) own entity. They're working on taking it out of Fereldan more I think.

Dunnuck

Its not in Ferelden.  DA2 takes place in a place called Free Marches

Inkidu

Quote from: Dunnuck on September 17, 2010, 09:04:01 PM
Its not in Ferelden.  DA2 takes place in a place called Free Marches
Well it is for a bit. Hawke is escaping Lothering in the beginning.