Silent Hill: We are in this together.

Started by Jecht, February 10, 2013, 02:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jecht

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

"Silent Hill, located in the Northeast of the United States, has its origin in the late 1600s when settlers came to the town. In the early 1700s though a mysterious epidemic broke out and the town was abandoned.
It wasn't until 1810 that the town was resettled as a penal colony, and the Silent Hill prison as well as Brookhaven Hospital were constructed. This was the time when the town actually was named ''Silent Hill''.

Around 1840 - about 20 years after Maine became a state - the prison was closed and due to the discovering of a coal field and the opening of the Wiltse coal mines, the town was revitalized.
The Silent Hill Historical Society was then constructed on the former prison site. Holding many paintings including Allen Smith's famous ''Waterfront Landscape'', the Historical Society conveys a sense of the town's history.
One year after the outbreak of the civil war, the Toluca Prison Camp was constructed for POWs, in 1866 it was converted into Toluca Prison. One of the most famous citizen of Silent Hill was Patrick Chester, a soldier who fought in the civil war. A stone statue was built and placed in Rosewater Park as a memorial for him.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the Wiltse coal mine was closed. Ever since then the town has drawn more and more people into this area, and so today Silent Hill is a popular vacation resort, know for its beauty and peacefulness.
The Lakeside Amusement Park was constructed, and not far from it, right at the shore of the atmospheric Toluca Lake, the Lakeview Hotel was built.

It is said that the whole area is sacred ground where native Americans conducted mysterious rituals. Before settlers came from Europe, Silent Hill was considered to be a holy place, and was referred to as ''The Place of the Silenced Spirits''. However, the natives where driven away by the European settlers and were forced to abandon the area.

Rumors: Since the late 1900s people started disappearing all over the town, and strange events happened occasionally, like the mayor of Silent Hill dies suddenly, and one after another staff member of a development group dies accidental deaths. It is said that an occult group, calling themselves ''The Order'', is situated in the town and has its origin in the old religion of the natives." http://www.visitsilenthill.com/history.html

What I want to do is bring another story to life in the vain of the games and movies. A small group 5-7 of friends are going on a trip together when someone wants to take a shortcut through the old coal mining town of Silent Hill. I have a general idea of how I want this to all go so I will GM most of the big events. PM me or post here if you are interested.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Vladimir valentine

Lumasan

My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

fancyfictions

Fancy's Fancies|

“Fiction is life with the dull bits left out”- Clive James

Jecht

Wow I had almost given up on this idea. Awesome that people are interested. I will come up with a character sheet later today.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Jecht

Here is the character sheet.

Name:
Personality:
Background:
Sexual orientation:
Sin (Now this is a unique category, if you've ever played the games, some of the main characters and NPCs are known to have done something to cause them to get there. Without spoiling the games much there's murder, cults, guilt, etc. It's not required because it is possible to just be there because of someone else, but it might make each person unique. Also you can share a sin with another group mate. Think "I know what you did last summer")

When you PM me your character sheet for approval, I will not post have you post your sin so the other characters can see. This way, the events that occur will have a bit of mystery.

Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Lumasan

Okay, so you want us to pm you our apps then?
My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

MabFaerie

I am also interested if there is a spot still available!
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Jecht

Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

MabFaerie

The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.