Gamer juggles over 30 Warcraft characters

Started by The Overlord, October 15, 2008, 07:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurzyk

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on October 17, 2008, 11:57:13 AM
Bots?  I thought this was a real man.  Bots are computers right?

It's a real person. Just an expression we call them because they all have the same gear, same class and run around in packs of 5 everywhere  :D

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Kurzyk on October 17, 2008, 11:58:57 AM
It's a real person. Just an expression we call them because they all have the same gear, same class and run around in packs of 5 everywhere  :D

Oh, ok!
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Rhapsody

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on October 17, 2008, 11:57:13 AM
Bots?  I thought this was a real man.  Bots are computers right?

Programs, yes.  It's just a misuse of the word.  Multiboxing requires very human input, otherwise Blizzard wouldn't be shy about using their banhammer.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Kurzyk

Quote from: Rhapsody on October 17, 2008, 12:02:58 PM
Programs, yes.  It's just a misuse of the word.  Multiboxing requires very human input, otherwise Blizzard wouldn't be shy about using their banhammer.

Yea its just a running joke whenever we see packs of characters like that. :)

Oniya

I'd be really amazed if someone was controlling 5 characters in different areas (as opposed to running in a pack).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Primarch

This guy runs 36 characters at once...I still haven't got my 1 character to level 70...

Kurzyk

Quote from: Primarch on October 17, 2008, 12:21:53 PM
This guy runs 36 characters at once...I still haven't got my 1 character to level 70...

*chuckles* Pretty soon you'll have to go to 80...

Inkidu

Okay after eight hours of sleep. I don't see how he can do it. I'm with Hairy. How can he. I must dissect his brain! Mwa ha ha ha ha *hack cough*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShrowdedPoet

. . .*laughs*  When I played I had one character that I used all the time basically.  I loved her and when I left I think she was at 25. . . 

I don't know how he can manage that either.
Ons and Offs

Revolverman

how can one person even run 32 players at once? mentally, and physically?

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Revolverman on October 17, 2008, 01:42:18 PM

They're really fucking good at what they do. . .?
Ons and Offs

Revolverman

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on October 17, 2008, 01:42:56 PM

Still, it takes both hands to use the mouse and keyboard, unless they are all wired to the same keyboard, hes going to have to control them one at a time.

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Revolverman on October 17, 2008, 01:48:27 PM
Still, it takes both hands to use the mouse and keyboard, unless they are all wired to the same keyboard, hes going to have to control them one at a time.

When I played WOW I used both mouse and keyboard but I know some people who only use keyboard.
Ons and Offs

Oniya

Quote from: Revolverman on October 17, 2008, 01:42:18 PM

Mentally - as Kurzyk said, all of them are essentially the same character.  I doubt there's a whole lot of strategy when you get up to that number of bodies.

Physically, he's probably switching from one screen to the next, doing one action (strike, cast, run a little bit) and going to the next at some insane speed.  I think I'd get nausea jumping from one POV to another at any effective speed.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Overlord

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on October 17, 2008, 01:42:56 PM

...and to a near-frightening level perhaps.

The Overlord

Quote from: Sherona on October 16, 2008, 06:22:41 PM
Finding something "sad" is judging it.

That being said, many people would consider "wasting" money donating to Elliquiy all so we can do what? Sit around and write? Sheesh surely we have something better to do with our money...*smiles*

Well, by mainstream views we're all here doing anything from fanfic to NC RPG's, and as a collective group are 'sad' and/or 'wasting' our time.

Of course if I gave a shit about mainstream, I probably wouldn't be here right now. About 99.99% of mainstream carries exactly 0.00% weight with me. Hell, I pretty much feel that a bunch of guys sitting around on a weekend drinking crap beer and watching a largely uneventful (North American) football game is a sad waste of time (nothing personal to the small slice of the board who have just read this and declared Football Jihad on me).

Cultural relativity often sets the standard on what is sad and wasteful, but just because more people agree with it than not doesn't mean it's right. Consider Jerry Spinger, Jenny Jones and other lofty pillars of the Disgruntled Poor Masses comedy network. You can actually feel your brain rotting as you watch it, but since lowest common denominator lapped it up like a horse trough of free Budweiser and corndogs at a tractor pull event, it stayed on TV.

So...find me something better to do and I'll do it. If you're donating funds so I can take another trip with Norwegian Cruise Line I'm game...some damn nice ships there.  ;)

Primarch

Quote from: Kurzyk on October 17, 2008, 12:31:32 PM
*chuckles* Pretty soon you'll have to go to 80...

Yeah I know...another ten levels I get to play catch up on with my friends. Feckers having characters at level sixty before I started.

The Overlord

Just remember the rule...you can take the player out of the MMO...but you can't take the MMO out of the player.  :)

Sherona

Quote from: The Overlord on October 18, 2008, 07:32:13 AM

Well, by mainstream views we're all here doing anything from fanfic to NC RPG's, and as a collective group are 'sad' and/or 'wasting' our time.

Of course if I gave a shit about mainstream, I probably wouldn't be here right now. About 99.99% of mainstream carries exactly 0.00% weight with me. Hell, I pretty much feel that a bunch of guys sitting around on a weekend drinking crap beer and watching a largely uneventful (North American) football game is a sad waste of time (nothing personal to the small slice of the board who have just read this and declared Football Jihad on me).

Cultural relativity often sets the standard on what is sad and wasteful, but just because more people agree with it than not doesn't mean it's right. Consider Jerry Spinger, Jenny Jones and other lofty pillars of the Disgruntled Poor Masses comedy network. You can actually feel your brain rotting as you watch it, but since lowest common denominator lapped it up like a horse trough of free Budweiser and corndogs at a tractor pull event, it stayed on TV.

So...find me something better to do and I'll do it. If you're donating funds so I can take another trip with Norwegian Cruise Line I'm game...some damn nice ships there.  ;)

*laughs* Football Jihad :D I like that phrase. Just so we are clear, I was being sarcastic about "wasting our time" here :P Obviously, *hides her Online time*