News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Horror films...

Started by Combicon, October 20, 2009, 08:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Combicon

recently've been having a craving for some horror films, but I'm not really sure what I should go for.

Just incase you really care about finding films that I'd like (although, I'd much rather hear about ones you prefer, hence why I'm asking here), I've listed the horror ones I own / have seen.

Just incase you were wondering; I am old enough where I am to buy gory films, or films with nudity - neither of which bother me too much. :]

So, anyone know of any good horrors? :D

Zombies zombies zombies - Complete and utter s**t.
Das experiment - Damn good, okay, I know it's not really a horror film...but
Jeepers Creepers - Pretty good scare-wise, until you see the 'enemy'.
Final Destination 1 - Alright, in a humerous way, not that scary.
Final Destination 2 - Alright, in a humerous way, even less scary.
Final Destination 3 - Nowhere near as good as the first two in any respect.
28 Days later - Not scary per-se, but still a nice zombie-film.
28 Weeks later - Again, not that scary, but still alright.
Ringu - I don't remember it being /that/ scary - it's watchable.
The Grudge - In my opinion a little scarier than Ringu.
Vacancy - Pretty good.
Saw - Might contimplate watching again; seemed like a gorno more than a horror, but everyone else seems to call it a horror...
The Hills Have eyes - Very gory, and very good.
The Wicker Man (the old version) - Amazingly good.
Donkey Punch - Saw the first twenty minutes or so, and hated one of the characters enough to stop watching.
Grindhouse - Both films (Planet Terror and Deathproof) were amazing and have watched many times.
Teeth - I wouldn't have called this a horror; more of an americana film. It's just about watchable.
The Blair Witch - Would have found it scarier than it was if my father wasn't in the room commenting on the film, but it seemed pretty good.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

I personally like Night of the Living Dead, the old version is awesome, but the 1990 one with Tony Todd isn't bad either.

Speaking of Tony Todd, seen Candy Man?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Doomsday

Obligatory "There are no zombies in the 28 <time periods> later movies!" post.

I loved the book "The Ring" and should probably look for the sequels, if they're in English.

I remember watching the Candy Man as a child. It was the most terrifying thing ever then. Haven't watched one since.

thebobmaster

I'd recommend some classics. Halloween (the original), Suspiria, Friday the 13th...besides those, I'd also suggest Shaun of the Dead (great movie), and 1408 for more subtle chills.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Kurzyk

I've heard the original versions of the Grudge and Ring were really good, and much scarier than the American version. One of these days Id like to pick them up and see. :)

Le RandomBloke

The Eye is pretty good. Event Horizon and The Sphere I think it was I enjoyed back in the day! Sunshine, the Orphan, Dead End (this one wasn't anything amazing, but it was pretty basic, a rare thing, since most horror movies overdo just about anything.)

That's all I can come up with for now.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

thebobmaster

Quote from: RandomClown on October 21, 2009, 01:04:14 AM
The Eye is pretty good. Event Horizon and The Sphere I think it was I enjoyed back in the day! Sunshine, the Orphan, Dead End (this one wasn't anything amazing, but it was pretty basic, a rare thing, since most horror movies overdo just about anything.)

That's all I can come up with for now.

I just want to say that, in this coulrophobic person's mind, your avatar fits this topic perfectly. Seriously, gives me chills.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Oniya

Quote from: thebobmaster on October 21, 2009, 01:19:09 AM
I just want to say that, in this coulrophobic person's mind, your avatar fits this topic perfectly. Seriously, gives me chills.

I'm not coulrophobic and it gives me the chills.  That's one seriously evil clown.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Doomsday

I've gotta agree with bobmaster about 1408. It was a great movie. The ending was just... So chilly.

I prefer most J-horror movies to their American remakes, and 'The Eye' is a classic example. That might have been the best horror movie I've seen ever, the original Canton version.

Avis habilis

Prince of Darkness - Not very bloody, but spectacularly unsettling.

The Hitcher - The 1986 one with Rutger Hauer. Bloodier, even more psychologically disturbing.

Mister Frost - Practically bloodless, extremely spooky.