News:

Main Menu

COMIC GEEKS Я US

Started by LunarSage, February 29, 2012, 02:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 02, 2012, 12:46:54 AM
Do it again.. and again.. please.. I'm still pissed with the 'Steve Rogers isn't relevant' crap he was spouting when he 'killed' him.
The less we speak of Civil War the better it will be for our blood pressure.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

LunarSage

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 02, 2012, 12:46:54 AM
Do it again.. and again.. please.. I'm still pissed with the 'Steve Rogers isn't relevant' crap he was spouting when he 'killed' him.

You mean that the American ideals that Cap is supposed to represent are 'outdated' because of American Idol and YouTube?

Utter ridiculousness.  Was that Quesada as well?

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: LunarSage on September 02, 2012, 08:05:37 AM
You mean that the American ideals that Cap is supposed to represent are 'outdated' because of American Idol and YouTube?

Utter ridiculousness.  Was that Quesada as well?

Yup on live TV. Good Morning America. Said his values an outlook were 'archaic and outdated' and that he was out of touch with the readers of today.  Pissed off a LOT of military types.  Everyone on my base was pissed off pretty bad.

Sabby

Like I said somewhere in the thread, my only exposure to the super hero stuff is through Linkara, and I'm seeing a lot of hate for One More Day in the last few pages... thought I'd drop this little treasure here for you all :3

AT4W 200th Episode - Spider-Man: One More Day (Part 1)

AT4W 200th Episode - Spider-Man: One More Day (Part 2)

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 02, 2012, 09:46:06 AM
Yup on live TV. Good Morning America. Said his values an outlook were 'archaic and outdated' and that he was out of touch with the readers of today.  Pissed off a LOT of military types.  Everyone on my base was pissed off pretty bad.

I was pissed off.  AND I'M CANADIAN!

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Falanor

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 02, 2012, 03:04:29 PM
I was pissed off.  AND I'M CANADIAN!

That's because Caps ideals aren't necessarily 'American', they're ideals of a good person that happens to be American.

Chris Brady

http://captain-america.us/articles/civil-war.htm

This is a very American ideal, the idea of patriotism, but the sentiment behind is universal.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 02, 2012, 11:31:47 PM
http://captain-america.us/articles/civil-war.htm

This is a very American ideal, the idea of patriotism, but the sentiment behind is universal.

I think it's a very american idea and one of the few good points of the Civil wars series in my opion. I DESPISE the story line.

Chris Brady

LunarSage

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

LunarSage

So I was recently rereading some of the old Marvel Holiday Specials and geez, I'm such a sap.  I can't read half those stories without getting chocked up.  >.<

VonDoom

Did you read the one with the blind kid who thinks Ghost Rider is Santa, because of his clinking chains? Always liked that one.

Also:

http://www.gve-podcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/SantaDoom.jpg
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

LunarSage

Yep that one got me.  Also, the one where the Punisher kills some drug dealers and the money they had rained down on the homeless people below, allowing one father in particular to have a fresh start with his little daughter.  It was on Christmas Eve.

VonDoom

Hmm, can't recall that one. Was that from an actual Christmas special, or just a Christmas issue?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

LunarSage

It was either the 93 or 94 Christmas Special.

LunarSage

Ok, there's ridiculous and there's this... mind you, this is apparently from a modern comic book.

LunarSage

Avengers: EMHs Season 2 is on Netflix. 

I'm pretty freaking happy.

Chris Brady

Quote from: LunarSage on December 16, 2012, 12:00:43 PM
Avengers: EMHs Season 2 is on Netflix. 

I'm pretty freaking happy.
I'm sad that it's likely to be the end of that particular series.  I liked it.  It redid a lot of the older story lines.

LunarSage

As well as some of the newer ones like Secret Invasion... and it featured some awesomely obscure characters from the pages of Marvel.  They showed the UFoes!  The UFoes!

Sabby

I just had a Justice League Unlimited marathon. Beginning to end in pretty much one sitting if you don't include sleeping.

Amazing show.

LunarSage

Quote from: Sabby on December 17, 2012, 09:54:05 PM
I just had a Justice League Unlimited marathon. Beginning to end in pretty much one sitting if you don't include sleeping.

Amazing show.

Agreed.  I learned a lot about DC from that series. 

Superman is a lot more fun in that show than he is in the comics in my opinion.  He struggled to stop a plane from crashing and actually gets knocked around and hurt by villains.

Sabby

...w... what? Wut? .___. wut? Just... wut?

This... wut? Wut is this? WUT IS THIS?! D=<

Stop messing with things I like v_____v

Sabby

Oh damn, I just got it... see... it's like this.

T-800.

T-1000

T-Infinity.

Hahahaha.

NO D=<

Sabby

Yes, this exists. A crossover event where the Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters, 30 Days of Night, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Star Trek, and Dungeons and Dragons team up against Cthulhu.

I am not kidding.