SMF 2.0 RC1 has been released

Started by Vekseid, February 05, 2009, 01:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Haibane

Quote from: Vekseid on February 05, 2009, 11:06:10 AM
Several hours : /
Oh really? That's 'long'? Haha, no problem. I thought you meant a week! Several hours is no sweat, I'll just sleep. ;D

Tiberius Reign

Well, how much trouble is it to remind people that we have an IRC channel? People can just congregate there during the down time.

TR

Xillen

I was guessing long something around the lines of 24 hours, maybe a bit longer :P

So it'll be just a few hours for the core to be back (the basic forum), but quite a bit longer for the parts that need special replacement like Shoutbox, Arcade, My Topics, etc...?

Depending on how long the shoutbox will be inactive that might cause a bit of an influx on the chat (considering people know how to reach that)...

I'm assuming whatever you stored in My Topics will be gone, so everyone will have to backup that list?

Is there anything else we should worry about backing up?

What effect will this have on labels in private messages?

Tiberius Reign

Assuming that it doesn't mess with recent posts, or even post history, I don't think backing up My Topics is overly necessary, since only lazy people won't go into post history to retrieve the topics.

TR

Oniya

I tend to use 'replies to your posts' to keep track of my threads anyways.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

My Topics is a hack on your notifications. So you can just retrieve the list from there until I clear them. Bookmarks will be available almost immediately. The new shoutbox shouldn't take very long either, really. Of everything the arcade is the tedious one.

Sultrynets

Question: With the new server that you just purchased and said upgrade being done on said new server... Will there still be a significant amount of down time on the site?  Call me stupid if you will, but I don't know how putting new servers in place and doing upgrades for them works.  ;D
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td][/tr][/table]

Caeli

I think Veks said that the switch / transfer would take several hours. :)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Vekseid

Quote from: Sultry Nets on February 13, 2009, 05:11:15 AM
Question: With the new server that you just purchased and said upgrade being done on said new server... Will there still be a significant amount of down time on the site?  Call me stupid if you will, but I don't know how putting new servers in place and doing upgrades for them works.  ;D

I will be giving a better update of how long it takes after I have my ducks in a row this weekend : ) The new server's disk and memory throughput appear to be about 50% faster than our VPS here, to say nothing of having two cores to play with. I could potentially have it set up within an hour again, though we'll still have to play the IP game for a few days.

Chris Brady

So the Upgrade hasn't happened yet?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Vekseid

I'll edit the first post or make a better announcement after I complete the move : )

Caeli

Let us know when the wiki is back up, too. :) *hugs Veks*
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Thufir Hawat

It might be just me, but let me know when the die roller is up again. I just can't find it, and the links seem not to be working any more. And, well, I'd really need it for my games ;).
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Paradox

I want my strike-through formatting available in the shoutbox again!

..please?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Vekseid

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on March 02, 2009, 04:39:45 PM
It might be just me, but let me know when the die roller is up again. I just can't find it, and the links seem not to be working any more. And, well, I'd really need it for my games ;).

Is up, running, etc : )