[Interest check] Changeling: The Dreaming

Started by HairyHeretic, February 01, 2009, 12:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

I never really played any oWoD stuff, but I thought this game really looked intersting. I got into a very short lived game on RPoL, a year or two ago now, but it ended before much was done.

I don't suppose there's anyone here interested in GMing or playing? From what I've seen and heard, the right GM is very important for a game of Changeling.

And yes, I know I probably shouldn't be looking for more games, but this is one I've had an interest in trying for years :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Voichin

Changelings are very specific, usually quite young and as far as mechanic goes - with some flaws. It is really advisable to have a group of players that know each other for some time.
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

Dizzied

I've played a few years worth of changeling.  It's a very fun game, and I've been blessed with a great storyteller.  ^_^

It can be happy-go-lucky or dark and serious, depending on what courts you belong to and things like that.  I'd certainly play in a game. 

HairyHeretic

I'd like to go with a Seelie Troll, in more of a 'high fantasy' game. The Dreaming looks like it lends itself a lot better to that, whereas The Lost seems a lot more grim and gritty.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Dizzied

I never played The Lost, Dreaming was more than enough fun for me.   It is a good game for that high fantasy, definitely.  Plus, thanks to the dreaming, you can go to school during the day and a fanciful ball at the castle at night. 

Just watch out for satyrs...they will trick you into...you know.  ^_^

HairyHeretic

The Lost looks a decent game, but the feel of it is entirely different.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Mystic Dragon

I love "The Dreaming"(Got one of the last of the first edition copies), but mechanically for Elliquiy, it's quite difficult. As pointed out, lots of the characters are young(childlings especially), and this presents a problem, as three of my best characters were 7, 8, and 13...and the 13yo was a rabid sex fiend.

I'll keep tabs on this, though, in case you can find a DM to run it.
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

HairyHeretic

Hmm. Well, I can think of a couple of ways around that.

If younger characters are used, it simply goes in the non adult section, and is played there.

If there is sex in it, the characters are 16 or so, normal site rules in place.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Dizzied

I personally never played a childling.  (A changeling who is below 12 I beleive.)  All of mine were at least 16 (teenagers are called wilder, I think), and a few were grumps.  (Well into their 40's)

You may have to give up a few points of glamour, but being a wilder has its advantages.  For instance, being able to get into a bar or club. 

Muse

I adore changeling the dreaming,a dn would love to play but my attempts to run it on line haven't been to sucessful, so i won't try to volutneer this time. 

Since we already have a troll, perhaps I'd try a sidhe wylder gal? 

Suggestions.  Let's do play in the adult section, but simply lay down the law, blatantly deus ex machina, that all PCs are not only 16 in thier mortal forms, but have matured their seemign tot hat point as well. 

So, what would it take to get one of you experienced gals to run this? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes, been watching this, and agree with Muse on this.

Plus have the Hawaiian kith book.  A few wouldn't mind playing.   

HairyHeretic

Well, we'd need a GM before we get too set on character concepts.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Elven Sex Goddess

The actual name Immortal 'Shadow on the hills'     But alas a gm is needed.  Before anything. 

Transgirlenstein

If a gm is found i would be interested (though i dont own the book)
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0