X-men Forever RPG: (90`s Era/LGTB Freindly) OPEN

Started by VoluptuousVixen, May 30, 2015, 09:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: kckolbe on June 06, 2015, 10:00:31 PM
Wolverine gets more "perks" every year.  His abilities used to be so straightforward.
I think a part of the problem may be that at least some internet sites and encyclopedias try too hard to classify every single thing shown in the comics. Sometimes they seem to just overshoot the mark and you end up with lists of powers that should better be left as vague descriptions of how an already established power might be used.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if the comics showed a telekinetic like Jean or Rachel tying their shoelaces with telekinesis. I wouldn't be surprised if one site or another didn't end up listing that as a "control over shoelaces" ability.  ;D
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Sirian Eve

Alright teams.

So here is the rundown. After chatting a bit with Lois we decided that to get this party started we include the Weapon X-Program. Instead of having the average Magneto VS the X-Men stinkt, the primary antagonist of this story arc will be the federal government and secret government. Race relations will be high regarding mutants so pull out the protest banners. I wanted to know what everyone thought about  bringing in the sentinels?

Also who would like to volunteer to be kidnapped and experimented on?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

kckolbe

I'm not a big fan of sentinels.  They seem ridiculously expensive and collateral damage-prone.  Personally, I'd prefer to see humans with some kind of technology. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Jag

Quote from: Sirian Eve on June 06, 2015, 08:54:55 PM
Paul Bettany..got love em.

I was going to pick

JK

*sniggers* Oh Michael Keaton...*sniggers more*

Anyway...let me know if I need to work on Toad more or what not. ^^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Sirian Eve on June 07, 2015, 11:40:10 AM
I wanted to know what everyone thought about  bringing in the sentinels?
What sort of Sentinels are we talking here? They range from big, lumbering robots to super duper uber-foes like Nimrod. Or maybe I shouldn't ask because it might give too much away, but yeah, I'm okay with Sentinels being the main antagonists right now.

The one problem I have with Sentinels is them upgrading themselves in the middle of a fight. It always struck me as pretty idiotic to have the capacity to generate better defenses and better weapons only to kinda conjure that out of thin air in the middle of a fight. Why not right from the start? It's like they enter a fight with one hand tied behind their back, just so the writers can make them even more badass when the plot requires it. Nothing wrong with having a few tricks only reveal halfway through a fight, but for killer robots it makes absolutely no logical sense IMO. Upgrading and evolving between fights? Sure. In the middle of a fight? Not so sure about that.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Sirian Eve

The giant basic models is what I'm thinking will do the job. Though upgrading them later will sound very promising. The one's in the movie I think would be to powerful.

Juggtacular

Even as basic Sentinels are canon fodder, they're still plenty tough. No need to involve Bastion, Nimrod, or any of the Prime Sentinels yet. Or even the DoFP ones who are basically Mad Jim Jasper's "The Fury" but dumbed down a lot.

Cassandra LeMay

I think even remotely comparing the Fury with the Sentinels is apples and oranges country. The Fury is so out of this world it's not funny. I don't even want to think about it making an appearance. Give me a Nimrod or two any day, but not the Fury, please.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Juggtacular

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on June 07, 2015, 01:03:33 PM
I think even remotely comparing the Fury with the Sentinels is apples and oranges country. The Fury is so out of this world it's not funny. I don't even want to think about it making an appearance. Give me a Nimrod or two any day, but not the Fury, please.

The power level comparison is vastly different, but not the concept between Fury, Nimrod, and DoFP movie Sentinels

"A robot that's power is to overcome any power thrown at it so it can kill you."

Caradoc

Sentinels can be fun. They're a great chance to cut loose on major powers and team work, as long as they're not the nearly infallible, could take out a country each.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Caradoc on June 07, 2015, 02:29:09 PM
Sentinels can be fun. They're a great chance to cut loose on major powers and team work, as long as they're not the nearly infallible, could take out a country each.
What might be even more important than their power level, no matter how powerful they are, is who they are working for. In a way the Sentinels are just the manifestation of someone - or some government agency's - attitude towards mutants. That's where it gets really interersting in my opinion.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Caradoc

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on June 07, 2015, 02:40:21 PM
What might be even more important than their power level, no matter how powerful they are, is who they are working for. In a way the Sentinels are just the manifestation of someone - or some government agency's - attitude towards mutants. That's where it gets really interersting in my opinion.

Makes sense to me. Sounds like we'll be getting heat from the government, or some shadowy branch thereof.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Sirian Eve

*Giggles at guys and comics*

Alright so this what I'm going to do. I'm going to create a NPC that will be in charge of the Sentinel Program, probably based out in the Nevada desert or something. That's where the facility that conducts highly illegal experiments will be. Our start date should be tomorrow (Monday). I'll get the threads up soon.

So once again I'll ask.

Who wants to get kidnapped during the Sentinel raid?

Acula

Quote from: Sirian Eve on June 07, 2015, 03:41:48 PM
*Giggles at guys and comics*

Alright so this what I'm going to do. I'm going to create a NPC that will be in charge of the Sentinel Program, probably based out in the Nevada desert or something. That's where the facility that conducts highly illegal experiments will be. Our start date should be tomorrow (Monday). I'll get the threads up soon.

So once again I'll ask.

Who wants to get kidnapped during the Sentinel raid?

If you need someone, you can take Rogue, but she's going to be pretty violent and unhappy about being kidnapped.  ::)

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Miyaluca on June 07, 2015, 03:55:40 PM
If you need someone, you can take Rogue, but she's going to be pretty violent and unhappy about being kidnapped.  ::)

Excellent. I'll put Rogue on the list. Now I need one or two more.

Jag

If character is approved, Toad always makes a good victim. *nods*

kckolbe

This actually helps his introduction to the X-Men be a little less awkward.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Sirian Eve

Quote from: Jagerin on June 07, 2015, 03:59:57 PM
If character is approved, Toad always makes a good victim. *nods*

He's good Jagerin :)

aorangi3

So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

kckolbe

I would love for that to be how Sean met Logan after all this time.

Intro Thread

Juggtacular

And Logan can certainly take the punishment. At this period he's basically immortal due to his literal deal with the Angel of Death.

Landshark

Hello all. Lois invited me to come take a look see here and it seems like time for me to get back to a hero game. Have an idea for an OC so if he gets approved id have no problem with him being a captive. Easy way to intro him as I see it.
Ill get the sheet up in just a bit

Jag

Quote from: kckolbe on June 07, 2015, 04:00:37 PM
This actually helps his introduction to the X-Men be a little less awkward.

He might be easy to snatch up, but he won't go quietly...and it'll probably be messy (spit and mucus and what not). ^__^

Juggtacular

Landshark

Hey Jagerin have you concidered Andy Serkis as a model...just curious.