Diablo 3 Open Beta Weekend with a caveat

Started by Chris Brady, April 20, 2012, 10:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

And that caveat is that you must have an Blizzard account.  But other than that, you have access to the beta (and ALL the characters) for the entire weekend starting TODAY at noon PST.

So those of you who are interested and didn't get a Beta chance, are you going to play today?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

I'll be playing, actually installing it right now.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Rhapsody

I got my beta invite a few weeks ago. It's a lot of fun. I highly, highly recommend it for those who are fans but haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

SinXAzgard21

Well I would be playing if I wasn't getting error 3005 and cannot log in... Fucking figures.

Chris Brady

3005 is server overload code that Blizz uses.  That'll teach them to make it on-line only.

Sadly I have to wait because I'm visiting the parents.  And getting stuffed like a holiday turkey.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hemingway

I wish I could try it ( not because I have very high expectations but because I have very low expectations ), but sadly I'm going away and wouldn't have time to play after downloading.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 20, 2012, 02:12:16 PM
3005 is server overload code that Blizz uses.  That'll teach them to make it on-line only.

Sadly I have to wait because I'm visiting the parents.  And getting stuffed like a holiday turkey.

Yeah, well now even though I have an annual pass and the actual game client on my computer... The beta is saying I can't access it cuz I don't have a key.

Chris Brady

Seriously?  Fish on a pogo, can't they do anything right?

TheGlyphstone

Shjade

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 20, 2012, 02:12:16 PM

I didn't know your relationship with your parents was so close. ._.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on April 20, 2012, 05:59:51 PM
I didn't know your relationship with your parents was so close. ._.

Yes, they feed me quite well.  *Burps*

Ok, time for me to wrassle with da beta!

SinXAzgard21

Well I got in finally and completed the beta for the demon hunter.... Max level is 13.

Chris Brady

Ryven

SinXAzgard21

Yeah, so I'm not sure what they were trying to test out with the beta... is there any interaction with other players they wanted to see or is it just run through the one thing you can play and pray it don't crash?

EDIT:  Made a Wizard named TheMandarin.

Shjade

It's just a stress test, Sin. At least that's what this weekend is about.

So over the course of this afternoon/evening, I ran a monk up to 12, a DH to 8 (9?), Barb to 7, killed the skelly king with all of them. Monk felt the most fun, but DH was the easiest to play because lol homing arrows. Seriously, I don't know if it's just been too long since I played D2 for me to remember, but it feels like it's harder to aim at things in this game than the last one, so those homing arrows really smooth things out. With the monk/barb I had to rely on their AE skills to get the job done.

Seriously though, monk + crippling strike + lifesteal weapons = nigh-unstoppable force. I just sat there and face-tanked the skeleton king in a full group game, barely even scratched me with his big ol' club swinging so slow while I ate up his minions as fast as he summoned them omnomnom.

Feels smoother than D2 did (I would hope so!), looks fairly nice. Sucks that there's still nil for character customization in terms of aesthetics, and the whole Russian accent thing on the monk is kinda "whut?" Also felt relatively stable once I got past the login blockade, though still noticeable lagginess in single-player games is a discouraging sign.

Don't think I'll be picking this one up, in the end. :|
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

The log in issues was all I had, had no lag what so ever... I want to get all the achieves done so I need to do multiplayer.

Ryven

The login issue is bugging me.  I still can't get on since last night. :-(

TheGlyphstone

Ryven

TheGlyphstone

Shjade

Unfortunately those errors are pretty much the purpose of this weekend open beta thing: they want it to flood so they can work on solutions.

...but that means less playtime than you'd want, probably. :|

@Sin: I'd volunteer to team up for co-op achievements, but I dunno anything about how to join specific games. Maybe you invite a friend or something? I dunno. I just jumped into random pubs.
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

I can't stand the Monk.  Nor the Witch Doctor.

Bleagh.

The DH is decent and I have yet to start the Wiz.

TheGlyphstone

SinXAzgard21

DH is cool, Wizard's first spell you learn from leveling looks like Ironman's photon hand blasts but it is cool.  I need to play a witch doctor.