The Uncanny X-clave (M for F)

Started by Kepesk, October 25, 2014, 08:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kepesk

"Welcome to The X-Men..."

Hey, how's it going? Thanks for checking out my request.

So obviously this request is for an X-Men role-playing game. I have had a lot of experience running X-Men campaigns in the past - much more than any other type of game I've run - and while I wouldn't exactly describe those campaigns as qualifying for Comics Code Approval, they've never really stretched into the realm of 'adult' role-playing or anything like that, so I'm looking for the opportunity to do that here.

All of this is sort of malleable for the most part. The canon characters will be involved, but I'd like to play original characters who are students that will be brought up into the ranks of the team for a particular mission they're needed for. Your character could be new to the school, been there for a while, or anything else.
The setting I'm shooting for is Claremont era (circa 1983-1991, issues 171-279) but set in present day. Some of the characters I'd like to have involved are:
Nightcrawler
Gambit
Rogue
Professor X
Iceman
Wolverine
Pixie
...but there will be more.

So see, Pixie's an example of a character from outside the 'target era' I mentioned, but I'd like to bring her into it if that's okay. I'd like to remain relatively close to the characters from that era, but in this way, we could bring in any characters we desire.

And I could 'control' most of the characters if you'd like. So basically, you could create your own character and just feel free to 'play' inside our own version of the X-Men universe, being able to interact with the canon characters. You can mingle with just about anyone in the X-Men universe, set in the more traditional comic's story-lines (although the story-lines will be completely original for the most part as well) and have the chance of getting tangled in a romantic (or sexual) relationship with any one of them, while having interesting missions now and then.
I think you'll find the character's personalities to be very much like they are in the comics era I mentioned, so they should seem very familiar to you as well. However, I should also mention that this will absolutely not be like any of the movies. We can cast actors in the roles of the characters if you'd like, but it would be only for appearance, and I would use almost none of the actors from the movies. If we chose to cast them, it would resemble something more like something The WB would present... But we could just simply use the comic books for source images as well. (Mostly drawn by Marc Silvestri, Arthur Adams, and Jim Lee.)

Thanks for reading, and if this interests you at all, please send me a private message with your thoughts and let me know if you have any character ideas in mind.

"...`Hope you survive the experience!"
One swallow does not a summer make
~ Aristotle
My ons and offs     My art gallery here on Elliquiy