Interest check-Halloween?

Started by Ramael, February 12, 2010, 09:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

It's my first set up. Go easy on me!

So I was toying around with the theme of Halloween. I love Halloween and all the gothic decadence that goes with it.
There's a lot of visual and stylistic markers there for characters- Vamps, Witches, Warlocks,Demons, Lycans (of all kinds),Dolls, plus nearly any other race you can think of. I was thinking of keeping it as humanoid as possible, and light-hearted (funny and flirty!)

The only thing I'm having problems with is plot...I have a short list.

Do we have a Halloween dimension that has invaded the planet, causing GENUINE tricks and indeed treats on the populace,players being either the trickers or the trickees ?

Do we have some kind of Halloween civil war with players taking either side?

Is there an election for the next Pumpkin King (or queen!) and players take on candidates, sabotaging their rivals?

Or all three! As I'm starting to warm to.

Pumpkin Citadel, the eternal Halloween dimension. Players take on the role of newly-recruited Vamps/Ghouls/Dark Elves/Weretigers/Whatever, and are undergoing Cadaver Academy (say it out loud quickly), training to become real scary beings in time for next Halloween. Through this they meet and interact with the citizens of the citadel, their fellow teammates, bizarre happenings, etc etc. I'm happy to set this idea up as a Halloween soap.

OR OR OR OR

Set it against a backdrop of a Halloween VS Christmas war. This way we have clear cut "teams" with cute Santa chicks(snowmen, Reindeer hybrids) armed with Candystick 2.0 Tommy guns vs Vamp chicks(or any Halloween race) with Broomstick RPGs and such. Lighthearted, we know!

Anyway I thought this setting (any of them) would be a colourful backdrop for a lot of players and be potentially loads of fun. Let me know if you like any of the ideas I've vomited forth so far, and what you want to work on. Or if you have any other Hallow's Eve themed ideas!

Wolfy

I'm in! :D...your doll idea has given me a Puppetmaster Character idea...^_^

Ramael

Haha brilliant. I was going to encourage people to be creative within those parameters, but seems you've got the jist...also what do you think of the various plotlines?