HP: The Marauder's Era

Started by mindlessmenage, December 09, 2010, 09:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindlessmenage

This went really well on the other site I used to RP on, until the site died down  :-( So I figured I'd try it here. I'm very lenient when it comes to everything being exactly like the book, so if there's a character you think might have graduated feel free to include them. I'm more about having fun.

This RP would take place during the Marauder's 7th year, I believe that would be 1978. The students had much more on their minds than what their job would be after (and if) they graduated. For some, it was the anticipation of joining the war to defeat Voldemort, for others they were getting ready to join him.

That's a loose description, I'd put more detail in of course if people are actually interested. Here's a list of characters involved, if you know of another one you'd like to add go for it, and original characters are always welcome.

The only rule I really have is that there's no pre-determined romance (besides James and Lily of course). I much prefer to see that kind of relationships grow naturally, it's more realistic. However being related to a character, or having a history with a character is fine.

James Potter-
Remus Lupin- (reserved by me)
Sirius Black- Minerva7790
Peter Pettigrew-
Lily Evans- Azrael
Severus Snape- WittyShrew
Bellatrix Black- LimitlessNikkie
Narcissa Black-
Lucius Malfoy-
Rodolphus Lestrange-
Rabastan Lestrange-
Bartemius Crouch Jr.- Revenent
Regulus Black- WittyShrew

Original Characters
Remedios (Remedy/Remy) Lestrange- (also me)
Gryna Lox- WerewolfofLondon
Aries Maynard- Kendra
Symphony Everstone- Alysanthia

I'll have a bio sheet when/if there's interest.
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
oral sex, no matter how bad it is."
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

minerva7790

I'm interested! And I call dibs on Sirius Black!

Just want to ask, what kind of RP are you looking for? Light? Homosexual romances allowed?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

mindlessmenage

I'm personally open for anything. It would depend on what everyone who joined is comfortable with. I'll definitely add a never section on the bio and we can discuss it. Sirius is all yours.
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

BlueEyedBard

Hello, I might be interested in joining as an original character, if that would be fine.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

mindlessmenage

- Barbara Bush

Revenent

I love the HP series, so I might be interested in this. Would it be alright if I played Barty Crouch? I may also think of an original character to use, but I'll save that for later.

WittyShrew

mindlessmenage

@Revenent - yup Barty is all yours

@WittyShrew -  :o I can't believe I forgot RAB !!
- Barbara Bush

WittyShrew

I'd be interested in playing Reg if that's cool. :I

Revenent

Sweet! Barty is all kinds of awesome, and not just because he was played by David Tennant. ;D

So will there be any sort of focused plot to this RP, or will it be based mostly around character interactions as the year goes on? Also, are we to just assume all of these characters are seventh-years despite their canonical age differences?

Cythieus

This is interesting, if it gets off the ground I would like to play Lily :)

BlueEyedBard

Do you havw a layout for a character sheet yet? It might attract more people if they see some characters.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

mindlessmenage

- Barbara Bush

Revenent

mindlessmenage

Yup, just got to my computer. I was on my phone before which makes it difficult to reply. I'm going to have a basic plot, I like to see what you guys have for ideas too as it goes on. It's mostly about the tension rising the closer they are to entering the real world and the beginning of the First Wizarding War. Their involvement in The Order of the Pheonix and becoming Death Eaters will start while they're still in school. They can be younger than Seventh Year if you'd like, it's up to you. I wouldn't recommend older just because it will take part mostly at Hogwarts at first.

I'm writing everything now. It's all chaos in my head so I'm trying to make it organized chaos.
- Barbara Bush

Revenent

Alright, cool. Even though he should be a year or two under the Marauders, I'll probably just make Barty a seventh year since I planned to write him as greatly anticipating his chance to become a Death Eater. I asked mostly out of concern for the Black and the...other Blacks, since Sirius and Regulus and Bella and Narcissa would all basically have to be twins for that to work.

mindlessmenage

Well if no one plays them it shouldn't be a problem. They could always be 9-months apart thought and still be in the same year. Unlikely but possible.
- Barbara Bush

mindlessmenage

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History (be as detailed as possible:
Sexuality:
Nevers:
Other:

Name: Remedios (Remedy/Remy) Lestrange
House: Gryffindor
Appearance: Remedy is the "white" sheep of her family. The majority of the Lestranges are tall, lean and have dark features. Remedy stands five foot, six inches, her body was blessed with womanly curves, and her hair is as far from dark as you can get. Her deep, ocean blue eyes and angelic smile are enough to make anyone's jaw drop when they hear her last name. The rest of the family are more into scowling.

Personality: Remedy grew up as any Pureblood would, though it's her heart that sets her apart from the rest of her family. She's extremely nuturing, and loves putting other people before her however she isn't one to let you take advantage of her. Her heart might be soft but her head is hard; she's stubborn and isn't afraid to voice her opinion. Positivity is what she strives for, and though it may be her greatest weakness, she always sees the best in people. Remedy loves to cheer on the underdog and defend those who are too frightened to stand up for themselves. She has aquired an incredibley thick skin since she's been at Hogwarts. She had to deal with Slytherin persecuting her for being a traitor and Gryffindor alienating her because of her last name. She's made it to her seventh year and though she's still a target for Slytherin, she's finally proved to her fellow housemates that she belongs there.
History: Remedy spent her childhood being a well-mannered, "speak-when-spoken-to", perfect pureblood daughter. She grew up with the Blacks, Malfoys, Crouchs, etc., attending the many functions the Upper Class held. She got along well with everyone, besides Sirius who hated all the other children. It wasn't until an incident just before her first-year at Hogwarts that everything changed.
It was a bitter cold night that seemed empty and lonely. The wind was screaming outside, and a scared, young Remedy snuck downstairs to be with the only person in her house that showed her any affection, the family house elf Doc. Just as she reached the bottom of the steps, she heard glass smashing and saw a blinding light coming from the library. Letting her curiosity get the better of her, she crawled through a small door in the wall meant for Doc and made her way to the library. From inside a cuboard she could hear her mother crying and a man yelling that wasn't her father. She peaked through a crack and saw her mother slumped over on the floor while a cloaked figure towered over her. Her father was standing back a few feet, watching the scene unfold with an expressionless face. The cloaked figure muttered something Remedy couldn't understand and her mother began to scream in pain. Before Remedy could burst out of the cuboard she felt herself being restrained by an invisible force. When she tried to yell it was like her voice had just disappeared. She turned around knowingly and scooped up the tiny Doc in her arms, crying hysterically. She listened as her mother's screaming stopped. When she looked through the crack again, she saw her mother was now standing with her eyes crossed and drool trickling down the side of her mouth.
After that night, she never saw the cloaked man again. Her mother was taken to St. Mungo's, the pain she indured that night so great it drove her completely mad. Her father was sent to Azkaban, confessing to the crime, though he did not commit it. The children moved in with their father's sister, Hestea, a woman who defined the word evil. It was after being accepted into Gryffindor that Remedy's aunt began to torture her. It started off mild, and only in placed that wouldn't show. As Remedy grew, Hestea became madly jealous of her beauty. The torture increased, leaving scars in places nearly impossible to hide like her arms and face. When one spell cut Remedy's throat and almost took her life, she moved into her mother's sister Gwendolyn's house.
Though Gwendolyn is also a pureblood, she isn't as extreme. She also hates Remedy's father for what he did to her sister. Gwendolyn and Remedy don't talk much, though there have been a few times when Gwendolyn has been drunk that she starts talking to Remedy about her mother and her mother's "secret". Her aunt usually passes out before revealing what she means so Remedy doesn't think much into it.
Sexuality: bisexual
Nevers: anything against the rules, scat, watersports

Other: Remedy keeps her secret by using glamour charms and special make-up, so no one knows about her scars. She looks up to Remus for not hiding his. She is very comfortable around him and considers him a close friend. As for the other Marauders, they have a lot of growing up to do.

Name: Remus Lupin
Appearance: Though Remus is only 17, the scars and premature lines on his face make him seem older. He is tall, and though he is on the lean side he is still muscular mostly due to his condition. His hair is dirty blonde and shaggy, and his eyes are a pale blue.

Personality: Remus is intelligent, calm, tolerant, gentle, and good-natured, though he has been burdened with lycanthropy. He has a forgiving nature, and a great sense of humor that sometimes gets him into trouble, though he is concidered the mature one of the group. When it's Remus' "time of the month" he tends to be a little more irrate and is prone to moodswings. Remus is extremely loyal and courageous, though humble more than anything.
History:  "To secure his safety as well as that of his peers, a shack with no natural entrances was built outside of Hogsmeade. There was only a secret passage leading to it from under the Whomping Willow, on Hogwarts' grounds. Once a month, Remus would be brought to the structure for his transformations in order to prevent him from attacking other students. However, this isolation caused him to attack himself out of frustration. This and the painful monthly transformations made the villagers of Hogsmeade mistake his screams for that of violent ghosts. Thus, the building was dubbed the Shrieking Shack and attained the reputation for being the most haunted building in Britain. Dumbledore encouraged this rumour to keep people from investigating the noises.
Remus became the very best of friends with fellow Gryffindors James Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew. He kept his status as a werewolf a secret from all of the students at Hogwarts, including James, Sirius, and Peter, and made up stories to explain his monthly disappearances, such as that his mother was ill and he needed to go home to visit her. He was terrified that they would desert him once they found out what he truly was. However, James, Sirius, and Peter worked out the truth during their second year, and due to their acceptance of who Remus was, and their unusually strong friendship with him, they decided to learn how to become Animagi in order to keep Remus company during his transformations, as a werewolf is only a danger to humans. By their fifth year, James was able to become a stag, Sirius was able to become a dog, and Peter was able to become a rat. Once a month during the full moon, James, Sirius, and Peter would sneak out of the castle under James's Invisibility Cloak, transform, get into the Whomping Willow, walk down the tunnel, and meet up with Remus in the Shrieking Shack. Under their influence, Remus became less dangerous; his body was still wolfish, but his mind became less so when he was with them. The four of them soon left the Whomping Willow and would roam among the school grounds and Hogsmeade by night. The animals that James and Sirius transformed into were so large, that they were successful in keeping the wolfish Remus in check. Eventually, this group of friends came to call themselves the Marauders, and Remus' friends nicknamed him "Moony" because of his transformations during every full moon.
No other Hogwarts student has ever found out as much about the Hogwarts grounds and Hogsmeade as they did, and James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter used their knowledge of it to write the Marauder's Map and signed it with their nicknames.
However, Remus' frequent disappearances riled up an unhealthy curiosity in Severus Snape, a Slytherin student in the same year as Remus, who shared an enmity with James and Sirius, and hated Remus and Peter by association. Severus often followed James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter around in order to see what they were up to and in an effort to get all of them expelled. In their sixth year, Sirius played a malicious prank on Snape by telling him about the Whomping Willow passageway, hoping that he would be terrified or even get seriously hurt by what he found at the other end. James was able to stop Snape and save his life in the nick of time, but Snape still uncovered Remus' secret. Dumbledore subsequently swore Snape to secrecy, but Snape teased Remus cruelly from that point on." [Taken from harrypotter.wikia.com]
Sexuality: Straight
Nevers: Same, no rule breaking, scat, watersports

Other:
- Barbara Bush

Cythieus

I will have to think about what I want to do with Lily, but I have some good ideas about her character I think.

Revenent

Name: Bartemius Crouch Jr.
House: Slytherin
Appearance: Barty has the outward appearance of being skinny and boyish, but is actually lean and toned under the robes. This is probably owed to how vigilantly he's played for the Slytherin Quidditch team for most of his school career, though recently he's been spending more time practicing dueling for his "post-graduation plans." Due to his family's wealth, Barty is almost always extremely well-dressed and well-groomed.

Personality: A prime example of a Pureblood Slytherin, Barty despises muggle-borns and mixed-blood wizards and witches. He highly values the Death Eater belief that the world should belong only to magical folk and that muggles and those with muggle blood should be wiped out. Being generally fearless (at least until he has to face the consequences), Barty has no problem sharing his beliefs with anyone within earshot, especially those who fall into the Mudblood category. On top of this, Barty has great pride in his family name (but not his father's), mostly because it's his and he is extremely conceited. Lastly, he is quite aggressive and can be found challenging Gryffindors to duels at every turn.
History: Barty was born to the extremely influential Crouch family in the early sixties, being distantly related by marriage to several of his classmates, most notably the Blacks. The young wizard grew up being pampered by his mother and constantly tended to the family's house elf, Winky, who was extremely devoted to helping raise the boy. Barty had almost everything he wanted during his early childhood except for a prominent father figure; the boy's father, Bartemius Crouch Sr., was almost constantly working as the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement at the Ministry of Magic. As the First Wizarding War raged on and the man tried to seal his future career as the Minister of Magic, the senior Bartemius completely neglected his son in a way that was sure to affect him later in life.
Having known nothing but his own privileged family life before arriving at Hogwarts in 1972, Barty was quickly taken in by the Slytherins and made to believe the Pureblood way of life was the only one worth following. He had heard the tenets of Voldemort's Pureblood utopia spoken by his father before, but coming from the mouths of older Slytherins who took him under their wings, it all made so much sense to the young wizard and he became an ardent believer before too long. Barty swore to himself that he would become better than all other wizards in his class and prove to the muggle-borns the superiority of his kind.
Fast-forward several years and the junior Crouch has become one of the most prominent members of his house. Having become a Chaser on the Slytherin Quidditch team during his second year, he helped the team achieve many of its greatest victories. He was usually only matched by Gryffindor house's own overconfident Chaser, James Potter. Besides his achievements in sports, Barty also made an academic name for himself by exceeding expectations in almost all of his courses (except Muggle Studies) and even achieving twelve O.W.L.s in his fifth year (Muggle Studies was not one of them).
Recently, Barty, being probably the student most eager to serve under Lord Voldemort after graduation, has started a dueling club and invited several of his Pureblooded Slytherin cohorts to come train with him. Among those invited were the Blacks (including Sirius and Remedios, both of whom's thinking he wants to "correct"), the Lestranges, Lucius Malfoy, and Severus Snape, the last of whom he believes could be very useful if he were convinced to share some of the spells he created. Barty knows most of them will be at war before the year is out, and he, for one, will not let himself be a disappointment to the Dark Lord.
Best School Subject: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Worst School Subject: Take a guess.
Patronus: King Cobra
Boggart: a Dementor (although he's only heard about them from his father, so it comes out a little vague)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Nevers: Pretty much anything to extreme, like blood, scat, urine, etc.

Other: Truthfully wants to get Sirius and/or Remedios over to his side so he can get his hands on whatever tools the Marauders have that allow them to run the school as they do.

How's that? :-)

Alysanthia

This does sound very interesting I've always loved the Marauder's Era... Original characters are allowed correct? :)

mindlessmenage

@Revenent- It's perfect! Very detailed and interesting, I can tell he'll contribute a lot to the plot.

@Alysanthia- Original characters are welcomed with open arms.
- Barbara Bush

Alysanthia

I'll try and have a character up by tomorrow. ^_^

LimitlessNikkie

ooh funness. Total dibs on Bellatrix Black will post a bio later tonight.

Kendra

I know I shouldn't show any interest but it can't be helped lol
I love HP and the marauders  >:)
character I would have liked has been taken so will create an original and post it up either today or tomorrow :)

LimitlessNikkie

Name: Bellatrix Black
Appearance: Thin and almost gangly with an extremely delicate build Bella doesn't look like a treat. But her large eyes are hard and cruel cutting into people she deems unworthy of her attention. Her full lips are usually curled into eather a sadistic smirk or a sneer of contempt, she rarely smiles and when she does those around her should be fearful. Her wild mane of curly black hair framing her face should take some of the sharpness from her features but instead enhances the wild harshness that seems to live in her face.
Personality: Cruel and sadistic are two words that come to mind even psycotic fits this dynamic woman but she is much more then that. She is loyal to a fault, a natural leader who takes charge without second guessing herself ever. She if single minded in her belief in the supremacy of pure bloods and completely unforgiving in the faltering of that belief. Affectionate only towards people she loves and that number is minuscule. She had a hair trigger temper that can go off at any moment and a slightly split personality sometimes being overly polite while inflicting pain at other times raging and screaming. She is most noted for her joy in inflicting pain and the zero hesitation and in fact eagerness to kill.
History: Taught since birth that she was better then everyone else because of her circumstance of birth you could say she didn't have a chance but even if she did have on she wouldn't have wanted it. Bella was one of only a few people born with cruelty as a default personality trait.
She made her parents proud from an early age showing contempt for anyone who didn't prove themselves to her. She never constiered that she should prove herself to anyone to her way of thinking few people outranked her in the world.
Her first year in Hogwards insuring her into a world were the others welcomed her with open arms. She excelled in school but save for O.W.L.S was not a joiner preferring to keep to leading her own little group then to join clubs of teams of anykind. She caused trouble where ever she went and spent more time in detention then not, her taste for pain was born withint the walls of hogwarts as she learn new ways to harm others and experimented with making herself the best.
As the rush of speculation about Voldemort swept threw the school Bella was drawn like a moth to a flame. She trained harder then anyone perfecting herself. She knew the path she'd take before it was anything more then a suggestion, in love with the idea of what she wanted and partly with Voldemort himself she became a fierce duelist, unparalleled in the school and vain about her abilities. She honed her skills in Bartemius Crouch Jr. dueling club as she prepared to join Voldemort.
Sexuality: Strait
Nevers: anything too extreme, check O&O's for specifics
Other: Slightly off kilter but not full out crazy...yet ;)

minerva7790

Yay, character sheets~~

Name: Sirius Black
Appearance:

With his dark hair and fiendish good looks, Sirius is the man of many girl's dreams. His pale grey eyes offer a stark contrast to his hair, lending them a hypnotic charm. Sirius is taller than James ever was, but no less well-built. He likes to keep a little stubble and sideburns which lend their quality to his roguish nature.
Personality: Sirius strives as much as possible to be different from the crowd. That began when he was eleven, and put on the Sorting Hat in front of the rest of the school. His family expected him to be in Slytherin, the way they had been for centuries, but Sirius chose Gryffindor, just to be different.

Although Sirius pretends that he doesn't care much about grades, he understands the importance of excelling at school, especially since it is his wish to gain independence of his family as quickly as possible. With the recent rise of the Dark Lord, and with his family's fervent support of Lord Voldemort, this has become all the more of utmost priority to Sirius. That said, he is very thankful to be able to excel without much studying. Of course it helps one of your best friends is the studious Moony!

To the disappointment of many girls, Sirius doesn't quite care much for a relationship now. I mean, a fling or two, yes. But settle down, and get married? Sirius takes one look at Prong's fate, being at Lily's beck and call, and he shudders.

Despite that, Sirius is as loyal as they get, even if it might take some time to earn his trust. He would never betray the other Marauders, or Dumbledore, whom he reserves the highest respect too.

History (be as detailed as possible):
Sirius was born the oldest son of Orion and Walburga Black. The Blacks were a family that was always very proud of their pureblood status. While he was growing up, however, Sirius always found this view stiffling and narrow-minded. His father was a strict man who expected nothing but perfection from his young son. His mother, loathe to let her son mingle with the muggle neighbours, kept Sirius indoors all day, teaching him to read and write with her left hand always ready to give him a backhanded smack if he made a mistake. It was thus that Sirius led a lonely, miserable childhood.

Two years after Sirius was born, his parents had another son, Regulus. Initially, Sirius took on the role of a protective older brother, shielding Regulus from the harsh treatment he had been subject to. Sirius needn't have worried, however, because Regulus was obedient and intelligent, everything Orion and Walburga wanted in a son.

While the two boys were growing up, it became apparent that they were no more alike than night and day. Regulus took on his parents believes and rules readily, while Sirius rebelled openly, and suffered the punishments. It did not take long for Sirius to learn that open rebellion was not the best solution, however, and tried to be more like his little brother. Silently, though, he prayed for the day when his Hogwarts letter would come.

When he finally turned eleven, he was not sorry to leave his family behind on the platform of the Hogwarts Express. He was already looking forward to new beginnings, you see. He met James Potter on that very train ride, and secured his enmity with Severus Snape too. Already, things were beginning to look good.

His parents did not take well to the news of his Sorting, of course. They threatened to take him out of Hogwarts and have him transfered to Durmstrang. But they did not want relatives and family friends to gossip about it. No, better to leave him where he is, as if it wasn't that big of a deal. Anyway, better Gryffindor than Hufflepuff, right?

The more Sirius spent at Hogwarts, the more he began to see the flaws in his parent's steadfast belief in the importance of keeping blood pure. He began to spend less and less time at home during the summer, and more and more time at his best friend James' house. The Potters, to his delight, took him in willingly. Being in their house, Sirius could feel the warmth and love in the family. This was a true family, not like the harsh beatings and stinging words he endured at home.

Now, with the rise of the Dark Lord, Sirius' parents began to pressure him to break off ties with Gryffindor, long associated to be the 'losing side', and swear loyalty to Lord Voldemort. Sirius managed to hold them off for long enough, but, fearing that they will take him to Voldemort against his own will, Sirius ran away from his home. It was then that his mother, in a fit of anger, blasted his name off the family tree, effectively disowning him. Although his uncle Alphard had left him a large inheritance, rendering him essentially financially independent, Sirius chose to stay with James for a little while. He now looks for an opportunity to repay the Potters for their generosity and kindness towards him.

Sexuality: Bi-curious.
Nevers: Scat, water sports.
Other: Sirius always felt a tiny connection to Remy, because she is a Gryffindor from a family of Slytherins, same as he is.
Also, Sirius secretly cares very deeply for Regulus. He doesn't think Reg appreciates it very much, though.

WerewolfofLondon

Name: Gryna Lox
Appearance: Gryna is a petite little thing, standing at only five feet high. She is lithe and delicate, looking as if she would blow away and break in the breeze. Her inky black hair is meant to be a stylish pixie cute, but is so wild it sticks up in all directions and she can never seem to be able to tame it. Her skin is almost deathly pale and seems to shimmer in certain light and her eyes are an unnaturally bright blue and looks to have a ring of glitter around the iris. Although she tries to cover them up with hats, most cannot help but notice the long, pointed ears that poke up through her unruly hair.
Personality: Usually quite shy, she will eventually open up once she makes friends. Despite being worried about what others would think about her appearance, she is friendly, joyous and loyal to a fault. However, if you poke a tiger long enough it will bite you, and Gryna is no different. She takes people's bullying and snide remarks for far longer than most would,  but woe betide any who get on the wrong side of her. To Gryna, revenge is a dish best served cold.
History: Many rumours surround Gryna and her Mother, the main one being that her Father was one of the Fae-Folk and imprinted his image upon his daughter. Whenever Gryna asks about her Father, her Mother continually tells her that she will tell her when she is older. This frustrates the young Witch, as it is clear to see she is not a Pure Blood, but she cannot say for sure what her other half is. She could do magic from a very early age, some of these magics her Mother instructed her not to do in public and not to let anyone know she could do them. They were not rich, nor were they poor, living in a modest farm house and her Mother making their money as a Fortune Teller, getting most of her business from Muggles. Gryna knows next to nothing about the Muggle world as she can not walk as freely amongst them as her mother could.
There was no great tragedy in her life, nobody to seek vengeance for and other than wishing to know the identity of her Father, no great mission or goal. She loves Hogwarts and wishes to become a teacher there some day. Many times she writes on her parchment 'Professor Lox. Professor of Defence Against The Dark Arts.'

Nevers: Scat, water sports, excessive blood play. If in doubt, ask.
Other: There is another who has an interest in the Dark Arts, one called Severus. This boy keeps to himself a lot, but Gryna cannot help but be interested in this quiet student, which usually gets her into the firing line of his tormentors. 

WittyShrew

Name: Regulus Arcturus Black

Appearance: Regulus resembles his elder brother closely with the semi-long but choppy dark hair and striking grey eyes. He is slighter and shorter than Sirius but nonetheless possesses the haughty good looks and air of casual elegance known to the Black family.

Personality: Regulus can be described as refined at best and rather intelligent. Far less mischievous than his older brother, Regulus is determined to uphold his family's image and continue to be the dutiful son his parents can be proud of. Aside from that, like any other 16 year old boy, he enjoys a good laugh, often at the expense of some unfortunate Gryffindors.

History (be as detailed as possible: Regulus was born in 1961 into the wealthy, pure-blooded Black family, as the youngest son of Orion and Walburga Black and younger brother of Sirius Black. Regulus' parents considered him to be much different from his older brother Sirius. Although Sirius is the older son and heir, he doesn't whatsoever follow the Black family traditions, unlike Regulus. Their parents disapproved of this, and Sirius was later sorted into Gryffindor house when he attended Hogwarts. Following this, Sirius left home at the age of sixteen and was subsequently disowned and burned from the family tapestry by his parents like Andromeda Tonks was. Regulus, on the other hand, was admired by his parents for his loyalty towards his family and their traditions. Regulus, unlike Sirius, was sorted into Slytherin, and became a member of his house Quidditch team as their Seeker. A long time admirer of the dark lord, he has only recently obtained his dark mark to become a true death eater.

Sexuality: Heterosexual (can be driven to bisexuality if you play your cards right :])
Nevers: Scat, incest
Other: Nuh. Well, understand that I'm not opposed to m/m as far as Reg is concerned. He just sees himself as het for now. o_o

Kendra

Aries Maynard

Blood Status: Half Blood
Appearance:
6’3” tall, 190 lbs – lean toned body, blond hair and pale green eyes

Personality: enjoys teasing and pranking whoever he can, torments both genders but mostly those of Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. Intelligent, brutal yet devilishly handsome. Abuses his magical talents regularly to get what he wants. Worships the ideals of the Dark Lord but it doesn’t stop him from molesting a few muggleborns for his own personal pleasures.

History:

My father:

Democles Maynard born to wizards Barabus Maynard and Carla Montegomery. My grandmothers family were wizarding though somewhere along the line there has been the shameful marriage to a muggleborn. They lived for a time in Portugal and also Poland depending on where my grandfathers job within the ministry took them. Finally when my father received his letter from Hogwarts they moved to Scotland. My grandfather was greatly disappointed as he had hoped his son would attend Durmstrang like he had but no letter from that school ever came. As it was my father became a Ravenclaw but due to severe harassment by a group of Slytherins he left. His grandfather was disgusted by this lack of backbone in his only son and though he attempted to get his son into Durmstrang, my father was homeschooled instead.

He went to work for the daily prophet as a reporter, it was thanks to this job that sent him on location to America that he met his future bride, my mother Antonia Verbalian. They corresponded when he returned to Scotland but eventually she moved over and they married in the summer of 1968. My father eventually rose in the ranks of the newspaper to become assist editor at The Daily Prophet. Delighted two years later when I was born.

My Mother:

Antonia Verbilian, was also born in  Chicago, Illinois. Her parents were also wizards though her grandparents were all muggles. She attended Salem School of Witchcraft. On discovering her love of literature she began work in a book store and it was here she met my father who was abroad working. They fell in love but as he returned to Scotland, she thought nothing more would come of the relationship. She was therefore delighted when he began writing her lengthy letters and she replied as kind. It was not long before she quit her job and moved to Scotland where they eventually married. After their first year and no sign of any children, she went to night school to study for a teachers degree only to quit her studies a year later when I was born.

My mother of course always lived in awe of her father-in-law, a gruff old man with a solid temper. He insisted from the day I was born that I would attend Durmstang but was disgusted when in the mail during my eleventh year my letter to Hogwarts arrived. I was thrilled all my friends were attending.

Siblings, if any: -I am an only child

Pets, if any: Had a dog but he was struck by a ricocheting spell and died.

Area of Residence: We now live in Darempale, 3 miles outside of Edinburgh. It is a small village where other wizarding families live. Some of my fathers work colleagues live there. My mother opened up a creche for magical children as there seemed to be a massive call for it.

Best School Subject: Transfiguration
Worst School Subject: herbology
Patronus: ferret
Boggart: rats
Extra-Curricular Activities: Quidditch - Team Captain
Sexuality: bisexual

Nevers: see my O/O’s

Revenent

And, just like the real HP series, no one of any importance is in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. :P

WittyShrew

Quote from: Revenent on December 13, 2010, 03:36:18 PM
And, just like the real HP series, no one of any importance is in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. :P
What about Diggory and Luna? =P

WerewolfofLondon

Ahhhhh, I love Luna! Especially when she has that lion hat on! ^^

Revenent

Quote from: WittyShrew on December 13, 2010, 03:54:25 PM
What about Diggory and Luna? =P

Neither of them accomplish anything in regards to the Second Wizarding War, though. Diggory's only contribution was hinting at Harry on how to listen to the golden egg during the Triwizard Tournament. (even then, only because Crouch-Moody suggested it) and, from what I remember, Luna didn't do anything except get kidnapped by the Death Eaters.

That's not to say that Luna's not brilliant, though! I really wish Harry would have married her instead of generic old Ginny. :-(

WittyShrew

Personally, I like to pair Luna with Draco... .__. But that's just me.

Kendra

Well we have Cho - Harry's first love interest who is a total wet bag and it always makes me laugh that for the smartest House they never win the house cup lol

Luna is ruddy awesome - she turns up to fight the good fight as well ;)

as to Luna and Draco however... NO WAY!! rofl ... have to admit I like reading slash stories of Drarry lmao

Diggory - is better in the books - much hotter lmao - he's well liked by most of the girls at the school and the guys

but we don't have to worry about that era we're plenty of years before then - I'm sure we can NPC characters from the other houses to pick up the slack ;)

WerewolfofLondon

I have never understood the attraction to Draco. He's far too cowardly.

WittyShrew

Do we not have a Snape?

D: I <3 Snape. I'd totally rp Snape if I hadn't already claimed Reg.

WerewolfofLondon

I'm hoping we get a Snape, as I will be rping my OC from one of my HP fics. Although in the fics she is the DADA teacher, and in this rp (If I'm accepted) I'll be playing her younger self!

Kendra

I think the attraction is more Tom Fenton and not Draco ;)

no Snape as yet --- keeping my eyes peeled for him though and Sirius  >:)

WerewolfofLondon

Alan Rickman and Gary Oldman make me happy in my pants!  ;D

Kendra

Quote from: WerewolfofLondon on December 13, 2010, 04:50:33 PM
Alan Rickman and Gary Oldman make me happy in my pants!  ;D

oh me too girl - me too  >:)  ;D

WerewolfofLondon

I just want him to dress as Snape and chase me around and tell me I've been a bad girl! <3

WittyShrew

I ship Sirius/Snape... :P

But more so Snape/Lily. D;

Kendra

oh would be happy to be chased by either of them, though somehow I think I would end up doing all the chasing  >:)

WerewolfofLondon

Bwahahahaha!!! I am sure between us we could hunt down and capture them!

Alysanthia

Yay I get to be the odd ball! 8D

Name:  Symphony Everstone

House:  Hufflepuff

Appearance:  Easily lost in a crowd, Symphony stands only at 5’2 inches tall with large warm cinnamon eyes that express her every emotion.  She has smooth, tan complexion inherited from her father and rich, black hair which when the sun hits it seems to shine with a dark blue coloring.  Normally allowing her wild hair to fall free, the only accessory ever seen in her hair are different flowers, every day she picks a new blossom to wear. Her lips are plump, and her smile wide adding to her exotic beauty and reflecting her curiosity. 

Choosing to wear her uniform skirt longer than the rest, Symphony also wears different colored petticoats to peek out from under the dull grey hem of her skirt.  Not liking the feeling of the tie around her neck she opted to wear it around her waist as a belt; allowing everyone to see the various necklaces that adorned her neck.  When allowed to wear her muggle clothing she chooses loose summer dresses and a plethora of bright skirts paired with slightly form fitting peasant tops.

Personality:  A sweet aura surrounds as well as a air of curiosity, always kind to anyone no matter what house they where apart of she sometimes keeps to herself when up in the female dormitories of Hufflepuff. Due to being the eldest of her siblings (though none of them related to her by blood.) Symphony will easily try to calm a situation  with words rather than violence, some even going as far to say that her soft tone could calm a wild Hippogriff.

History:  Born in a loving pure blooded family, Symphony was treasured by her father and mother. Sadly though the young child never got to ever know her father, Edmond Everstone was a curse breaker and was secretly working on a way to reverse the effect of the Avada Kadava. Unfortunately the man misfired during a test and was hit by the wayward curse. Aira not knowing what else to do; returned to her family with her four month old babe. Symphony’s grandparents not sharing their daughter’s open minded views of the world and boasted their support of Voldemort, not wanting her daughter to be raised in such a environment like she was Aira quickly found a way out. A old suitor from her youth; a widower himself they decided to marry for comfort and companionship.

So at the age of three Symphony got a new father and two younger brothers; though sadly she did not fit in with her new family. Aira, Talbot, and his sons all had fair hair and fair complexions;  so quite literally she was the ‘black’ sheep of her new family. As she grew Symphony realized that she didn’t share her ‘father’s’ views on the world and believed a person was a person no matter what. While the years passed Aira came to accept her husband’s ways and adapted, agreeing with him even if she hadn’t before this caused all sorts of confusion for Symphony as she grew up in a world that was slowly entering a war.
Finally entering Hogwarts, she found a place with her fellow Hufflepuffs though her family wasn’t really happy with the results, they did at least tolerate saying it was better than Gryfindor.

Normally keeping to only her friends in her house though she quickly found a place in the schools’ small choir, later on in her third year she made a slight spectacle of herself when she put herself between a group of fighting students.  After that Symphony slowly became known as a peacemaker of sorts,  or at least they knew not to fight if she was around seeing how she would defend any house.  Now as it neared her graduation she is slightly clueless on what to do; having done well on her O.W.L.s and   N.E.W.T.s Symphony wanted to continue to perform, finding that she felt truly like herself whenever singing with the choir.

Sexuality:  Straight

Nevers:  Vore, Gore, Scat, Watersports, anything that breaks the rule. Check my o/o's for the full list.

Other: After classes she can be usually found either practicing her singing on wondering around the Herbology house.

mindlessmenage

These are all fantastic, I'm very excited. I do hope we get a Snape, and definately a James. They are pretty important to the story. Wormtail, not so much, he can be pimped out to whoever needs him. People aren't really drawn to playing someone so cowardly and unimpressive.  ;)
- Barbara Bush

WerewolfofLondon

Yeah... Cowardly and Unimpressive doesn't look too good on your C.V  :P

Alysanthia

Oh I hope we get a Snape and James soon... This looks like it is going to be so much fun. ^_^

And if anything we can just say Wormtail is sick in the hospital wing every day?

Revenent

I always imagined Wormtail as being a bit different during his school days, seeing the other three Marauders never tossed him out of the group.

mindlessmenage

He was probably a gigantic ego booster. But it's true, there had to be some good qualities about him if he got into Gryffindor.
- Barbara Bush

Alysanthia

I always wondered how Wormtail went from being their friend, to ultimately betraying them...

Revenent

I figure he seemed just as loyal to them at first as he did to Voldemort, but ultimately he knew Voldemort would kill him if he didn't turn on them.

WittyShrew

Are we allowed to play two canon chars? o_O I can totally handle Snape. He's usually what I rp anyway.

:I Idk. Or I could switch from Regulus to Snape if he's that important. =P

WerewolfofLondon

Quote from: WittyShrew on December 13, 2010, 10:04:43 PM
Are we allowed to play two canon chars? o_O I can totally handle Snape. He's usually what I rp anyway.

:I Idk. Or I could switch from Regulus to Snape if he's that important. =P

*Great Big Puppy Dog Eyes*

My Gryna would be so happy if there was a Snape!

mindlessmenage

You can take on as many characters as you feel comfortable playing, that is entirely up to you. I often play multiple characters.

While we're waiting, I want to post a Character Thread and I was just wondering everyone's preference of what section I should post it in. Like I've said before I'm open to anything so I think it's important for you all to have a say.
- Barbara Bush

WittyShrew

Alysanthia

WerewolfofLondon

Yay Severus! *Does The Happy Dance*

As for which section it should go in, would witches and wizards count as exotic? I don't think we'd fit into extreme unless people were planning on some heavy duty violence.

minerva7790

Quote from: WerewolfofLondon on December 13, 2010, 10:06:52 PM
*Great Big Puppy Dog Eyes*

My Gryna would be so happy if there was a Snape!

As will my Sirius~~ And the Sirius/Snape fans here... =D

I might make a Ravenclaw original character later, but eh, we'll see. :P

WittyShrew

Revenent

I was thinking about my potential original character a Ravenclaw myself, but I haven't figured out enough about them yet to be certain.

As for which section to put this in, I doubt my characters will be doing anything to extreme or violent (at least not sexually), so I leave it up to everyone else. Also, major deja vu while typing this. :o

Alysanthia

*Waves her small Hufflepuff flag in the corner.* Yay for different houses... And a big yay for Sirius/Snape fans. *Giggles and blushes.*

mindlessmenage

I'd say they're all in human form so I don't think it'd be considered exotic. So how about Light: Human Small Groups. Someone can always start a thread in another section if they'd like to in the future.
- Barbara Bush

WerewolfofLondon

I have never really considered Severus/Sirus cause they hate each other so much... but they're both my favourites... so I guess I'll go and do some *cough* research...

And yus, Light: Human Small Groups sounds good to me. Like you said, if things get darker we can always post a thread else where.

minerva7790

Actually, I imagine Sirius and James performing Levicorpus on poor Snivellus, and I can think of a hundred different things to do with him in that position...  >:)

But, yes, let's just keep it light.. :P

Quote from: Revenent on December 13, 2010, 10:41:03 PM
I was thinking about my potential original character a Ravenclaw myself, but I haven't figured out enough about them yet to be certain.

I usually play a Ravenclaw OC in Harry Potter RPs, actually, so I think I'm quite good at them. I hope. XD

mindlessmenage

- Barbara Bush

Alysanthia

Yay *goes to post her character there.*

Also I think it sounds fair to put it in Light: Human Small Groups.

Kendra

Good with Light Human Small Groups - and that darker posts can go elsewhere
I have a feeling that as the students get older they will need those darker posts anyhow

Thanks for doing up the introduction thread mindless ;)

BlueEyedBard

Name:Brutus Tremlett
House:Ravenclaw
Appearance:
Large dark eyes and a strong physique, perfect for an athlete. He keeps his hair short or shaved. If he isn't wearing his robes he is usually wearing athletic style shirts and sweatpants, preferring the freedom of movement it gives him as opposed to the constricting fashions that most of the students wear. 

Personality:Adventurous and strong willed, he has a tendency to rush forward in the face of an obstacle despite the consequences. This sometimes gets him into trouble but he always ends up successful in whatever he tries. His "Never say die" attitude can cause his ego to be a little inflated at times but he is still a genuine good hearted person; kind and supportive and honest, even to a fault. His confidence even has the ability to be contagious at times driving others forward as well, this quality makes him a natural leader. 

History (be as detailed as possible:Brutus was borne in Johannesburg to a pure-blood mother and father, sadly his mother died during childbirth leaving his father to raise him alone. His Father, Archibald Tremlett, is an ambassador of peace from South Africa working for the Ministry of Magic. Though his true him is Johannesburg Brutus was forced to pick up and move every week or so because of his fathers job. He would be in South Africa one day then off to England the next and before he unpacked he would be off to Cairo or St. Petersburg. Getting used to a new city, new people and new surroundings.
Because of all this moving Brutus got used to entertaining himself, not because it was hard for him to make friends, but because he didn't like leaving his friends behind, and every time they had to move that's exactly what happened. Because of this lonely lifestyle Brutus stayed close to his father who, not having a companion of his own, was happy to teach his son everything he knew about the world.
When it came time to go to school there was no lack of options, Brutus could have chosen to study anywhere in the world, but being a friend of the Ministry of Magic based in London Archibald insisted that he attend Hogwarts. Now in his final year at school Brutus has lived up quite well to his father's name. He made friends with anyone, he leaped forward at the opportunity to try anything new and he had been appointed captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. 

Sexuality:Straight

Nevers:Gore, bodily waste, torture, humiliation

Other: He has a problem with being cooped up in one place for a long time and has a tendency to venture where he is not allowed to go like the Forbidden woods and many of the various off limits parts of Hogwarts.

Wand: Black-wood from the South African jungles with a center of Pegasus Feather
On/Off

BlueEyedBard

I hope it isn't too late for me to have posted my character.
On/Off

WerewolfofLondon

I don't think you are, we haven't started yet so I think it's all good!

Cythieus

I will have my character sheet up later today or tomorrow.

Alysanthia

WerewolfofLondon

mindlessmenage

I definately want to start soon but James is pretty important to the storyline. If it comes down to it I'll play him but I'm still crossing my fingers.
- Barbara Bush

mindlessmenage

Oh and BlueEyedBard you're definately not too late and your character is great.
- Barbara Bush

Revenent

If I didn't already have Barty, I'd take James, but it'd feel weird to have control over both one of Voldemort's biggest supporters and the main Order of the Phoenix guy (as far as this RP goes, I think). It would definitely make any Gryffindor v. Slytherin quidditch scenes weird.

Anyway, here's my slightly unusual OC. Let me know if she's alright.

Name: Karin Blutfremd
House: Ravenclaw
Appearance: A short, somewhat spindly girl with crimson red hair that people would probably say was died with magic if she were capable of such a thing. Wears black, horn-rimmed glasses and is almost always seen in uniform, except maybe when she's in the house common room. Never styles her hair, since people avoid noticing her anyway, but instead lets it cascade naturally over her shouldwers.

(If this pic isn't working for you, let me know.)
Personality: Because of her strange situation, Karin is as reserved and distant as they get. She talks to almost no one, shunning even those who try to show her pity, seeing herself as an outsider trapped in the wizarding world. She is also very logical in all matters, even ones as controversial as the importance of blood purity. She doesn't side with either group on this issue, believing that, until it is scientifically tested, neither group has any reason to say they're right about it.
History: The German Blutfremd family had lived for decades in utter reclusion, shunning all personal contact with the outside world. Those who married into the bloodline break most of their contact with their former friends and family, and even then only enough of the sons and daughters were married to keep the usual incest rumors at bay. The only outsiders permitted into their massive estate south of Heidelberg were age-old friends and business associates that would give their new products to outside producers.
Despite this reclusion, the Blutfremd had thrived for generation upon generation, creating and improving upon dozens of enchanted goods, such as top-of-the-line broomsticks and other magical appliances. Their skill for creating new devices was unrivaled, but whatever was created, was created in the confines of their own home. The designs and spells to create their products were always pitched and sold to enchanted product manufacturers by intermediaries, so they rarely did any real business on their own. Karin was looking to be home-schooled like all of the other Blutfremd children for ten generations and brought into the family business until tragedy struck just after her third birthday.
It was before the official beginning of the First Wizarding War when the Death Eaters came to the Blutfremd estate, seeking either the family's sworn loyalty to the Dark Lord, or its destruction. By the time the Aurors arrived, all of the Blutfremds and all of the supporters of Voldemort were dead, the former's wands apparently having been destroyed in the conflict. All they found was a small, frightened girl hiding inside a wardrobe protected with many strange enchantments. The Aurors brought her back to the Ministry in England, setting the young German girl up with a foster family there and storing her inheritance at Gringotts for when she grew up.
It wasn't until her eleventh birthday that Karin found out she had been in line to be accepted for being a student at Hogwarts. Years before it seemed that her father, knowing the Death Eaters would probably come for him, had sent a letter to headmaster Albus Dumbledore personally asking him to take Karin into the school. The letter also shared the family's darkest secret, confiding in the old man so he would live up to his name by protecting the young girl and letting her learn her talents on her own. So, that summer, Karin went to Diagon Alley to get a wand and prepare to be the first Blutfremd at a real wizarding school.
Her first visit to Ollivander's wand shop, where most new students went, could not have gone worse. She tried over three dozen wands that day, and each attempt ended with disaster. She came back to the store several times that week, trying just about every wand poor Ollivander had in stock, before they both gave up and the school marked her as a special case. Due to her inability to do proper magic, she would have to focus her studies on courses like Potions and History of Magic that didn't require direct magic use, while also staying back and focusing on the theory sections of other courses (such as Charms) without taking part in the practical portions.
So Karin learned for five years, going back to Ollivander's each summer and failing to find a wand that suited her while sitting in the corner in the back of each class, unable to cast any spells and being labelled as an overly privileged Squib who couldn't be dismissed from the school because of how rich her family was. She quickly learned to keep to herself and avoid even those who talked to her out of sympathy, though she still cared enough about her schoolwork to excel in the areas she was able to participate in. She even managed to join the choir and still enjoys riding her broomstick around the school, but she doesn't have any interest in joining the quidditch team.
Though she has not come any closer in her five years at Hogwarts, Karin still believes she can perform magic once she finds her proper wand. She occasionally wakes up at night and hears a thump as one of her belongings drops to the floor, having floated over to the middle of the room in her sleep. It may be a prank performed by one of her meaner roommates, but she hasn't given up hope that her magic blood will come to life one day and she will prove her skill to everyone.
Best School Subject: Potions/Divination
Worst School Subject: Transfiguration (not even the theory portion)
Patronus: Unknown
Boggart: Fire
Sexuality: Undetermined (only a couple people have even shown any interest in her, but she's shown interest in no one, so who knows which way she may swing)
Nevers: Pretty much the same as everyone else's.

Other: No, she's not actually a Squib. Things are just playing out a bit differently for her.

mindlessmenage

- Barbara Bush

Revenent

Thanks, I'll go post her in the character thread. As far as loyalties go, she's basically up for grabs, though future revelations will probably sway her thinking in one direction.

Alysanthia

Very cool character, I think her and Symphony could get along as friends Rev. ^_^

Revenent

I could certainly picture Symphony as one of those aforementioned people she ignores that try to talk to her out of kindness. Of course, this year, Karin will have to have allies or sink, so who knows how it'll turn out. :-)

Alysanthia

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: mindlessmenage on December 14, 2010, 09:08:46 PM
Oh and BlueEyedBard you're definately not too late and your character is great.
Ah, thank you ^.^
On/Off

minerva7790

Whoa, and suddenly there are so many Ravenclaw! I'll be posting up my Ravenclaw OC later~

minerva7790

Name: Elizabeth (aka Liz) Shadowstar
House: Ravenclaw
Appearance:
Liz has pale skin due to her lack of outdoor activity. Her red curls are natural, though she finds them a bother, and so usually leaves it in a loose bun, using her wand to secure it. Her hazel eyes are usually serious, since she seldom smiles. Liz has little care for beauty or fashion, choosing her clothes by criteria of comfort rather than appearance. Her wardrobe consists of lots of sweaters, jeans, knee-length skirts, stockings and ankle-length boots. And, of course, her school uniform.

Personality: Liz is very quiet. She only socialises when required to, preferring instead to read or play with her pet cat, Artemis. She is usually surprised when people do talk to her, and so readily becomes friends with those brave souls who do. Despite being a bit of a loner, Liz is a very curious girl, and is eager to learn. Liz is also has a slight obsessive-compulsive disorder. As a result, she likes things to be orderly and symmetrical.
Liz was born to a pair of Muggle parents, the youngest of three children. From the start, her parents noticed how quiet she was, unlike her rowdy older brothers. Even as a baby, she seldom cried, and her parents took her to a pediatrician to check for speech deficits. The doctor did not find anything wrong with Liz's speech, but he noticed when playing with toys, Liz always arranged them in a specific order, and got very upset when someone messed it up. If that happened, the usually docile and calm child would turn offensive and fierce.

That was exactly how her first magical incident happened. Liz was just seven at the time. The boys in her class always teased her about how she was constantly reading, and how she always arranged her pencils in a neat row on her desk. Liz usually ignored them. The day this incident happened, Liz was at her desk, reading as usual. One of the worst bullies, a pudgy boy Damien Gates, was trying to get Liz to react to his jeering, and pushed over her desk to get her attention. Liz's beautifully arranged pencils went flying onto the floor, as did her books and the rest of her things. Distressed by the mess, Liz flew into a rage and threw the book in her hands at Damien. Her aim was bad, and the strength of the seven year old child wasn't much, so the book would have probably just hit Damien on the arm, but somehow, it burst into flames as it flew towards the boy. His clothes caught fire as he fell to the floor shouting. A teacher who happened to be walking past the classroom heard the screams and ran in. Through the accounts of Liz's classmates, the teacher became convinced that she had struck a match or used a lighter to set the book aflame. She was suspended from school, whereas Damien escaped with minor burns.

Her parents transfered her to another school, gave her a beating, and grounded her for a month. Despite all that, they were never able to find a satisfactory explanation for the situation. Liz, of course, repeatedly denied causing any intentional harm, and since she wasn't usually one to lie, her parents dropped the matter. From then on, Liz tried to be careful, but strange things like that seemed to occur naturally around her, as though she were some sort of magnet for it.

With great surprise, Liz received a visit from a strange man the summer after her eleventh birthday. He claimed to be a teacher at a school of magic, and that Liz had a place in his school. Everyone thought it was a joke, of course, and Liz's brothers threatened to call the police. For some reason, however, Liz believed him the very instant he explained what she was. It explained all the weird things that happen around her! Her brothers were upset by her conviction that magic existed, and tried to persuade her not to go, but she was determined to find out more; she was never one to leave a mystery unsolved. At the wizard's guidance, Liz bade goodbye to her family, took a trip to Diagon Alley to buy her school supplies, and then it was off to Hogwarts for her.

Liz was sorted into Ravenclaw and proceeded to excel in her studies, though she never learnt to get out of her shell. Given a choice, she would have remained neutral in the war against Lord Voldemort. However, seeing as she was Muggle-born, things would have been disastrous for her and her family if the Dark Lord rose and gained power. Reluctantly, she joins forces with those who resist Lord Voldemort, though she prays that she would never have to fight. Blood everywhere, screaming and crying... That would prove far too messy for comfort!

Sexuality: Asexual. She has no interest in an amorous relationship with any humans, male or female, as of now. But if someone were to indicate interest, she wouldn't resist, treating it as yet another mystery to explore.
Nevers: Scat, watersports.
Other: Her wand is 12 inches, hazel wood, with unicorn tail hair core.

Revenent

What do you know, another introverted, red-headed Ravenclaw who likes things logical and orderly and currently has no interest in dating! I don't owe you any royalties, do I?

minerva7790

Haha! And they're both redheads! Well, I did get started on Elizabeth yesterday. But I guess it's a weird coincidence. It's very easy to end up stereotyping Ravenclaws as the bookish, anti-social type...

I think our characters might get along well, though. Liz would want to find out more about Karin's weird situation, and she would find Karin's company pleasant enough, since Karin is the quiet type too.

Jag

Damn...Snape is already taken...

I don't play James, but if you all need any more OCs, I can whip one up. If not...I wouldn't mind playing Rabastan Lestrange.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Revenent

Quote from: minerva7790 on December 15, 2010, 09:47:19 AM
Haha! And they're both redheads! Well, I did get started on Elizabeth yesterday. But I guess it's a weird coincidence. It's very easy to end up stereotyping Ravenclaws as the bookish, anti-social type...

I think our characters might get along well, though. Liz would want to find out more about Karin's weird situation, and she would find Karin's company pleasant enough, since Karin is the quiet type too.

I did say "red-headed"... But yeah, I think Karin would at least not mind Liz being around her as long as she isn't too talkative and doesn't proud.

And damn, I hope someone takes James soon. This RP is looking way too great to not even get off the ground. :-(

minerva7790

Oh damn, you did! Oops, pardon me, I'm a little sleep deprived lately... Yay, Liz will look forward to meeting Karin then! I hope you don't mind though that our characters are that similar... :X

And how is it that no one wants to play James?! :-(

Michi No Sora, I don't think anyone would begrudge another OC, but that's up to mindlessmenage, of course!

Jag

Quote from: minerva7790 on December 15, 2010, 11:00:21 AM
And how is it that no one wants to play James?! :-(

Cause no one likes James. He stole Severus' girl, after all! The bastard! :P

Anyway...I think I'll go with Rabastan, till I'm told otherwise.

Name: Rabastan Lestrange
Appearance:

Personality: Rebastan is known for being stubborn, hard to deal with, and very domineering. While he is good at 'playing' the good boy with his fellow Slytherin, he respects very few of them. Only giving loyalty to his brother and Bellatrix, two people whom he consider to be truly loyal to the Dark Lord's cause. Those that don't do as he says usually find themselves the targets of his wand or, if they are female, find themselves the subject of his 'obsession' till he gets what he wants.
History (be as detailed as possible: Being born into the proud house of the Lestranges, Rabastan was raised with all the responsibilities a pure blood wizard of his age should be. Raised to respect blood and all that it stands for. Much like his brother, Rodolphus, he is expected to find and marry a pure blood witch from a proper family once he graduates from Hogwarts. He is also expected to follow in his father's footsteps and stand at the Dark Lord's side one day.

For now, he is enjoying his life as an all-mighty, seventh year. Pushing around lower class men and other seventh years. Taking anything he wants, when he wants it. And sitting around the Slytherin common room drinking smuggled in Firewhiskey and wine, occasionally plying 'simple minded' girls with his charms.
Sexuality: Heterosexual...maybe a little bi-curious.
Nevers: Being on the 'bottom'.
Other:

mindlessmenage

I'm in class now I get out at 2 and I plan to get this started tonight. Ive loved all the characters so go ahead and post them in the character thread.
- Barbara Bush

Jecht

In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Jag

WerewolfofLondon

Jecht

haha awesome. I'd love to play him if it's alright. I've been reading through the topic to get a general idea of how you guys want it to run. James and Sirius are two of my favorite people from the marauders.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

WerewolfofLondon

Jecht

Name: James Potter
Appearance:James is tall and thin with Hazel eyes and hair that always looks like he just got off a broom.
Personality: James had been known to be very arrogant and  thick headed through out his years at Hogwarts. Extremely loyal to his friends and family.
James grew up in a wealthy, pure-blood family. Since he was so well kept, he became extremely arrogant and proud.
When he attended Hogwarts, he became best friends with Remus Lupin, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew. When he wasn't with his friends, he was playing Quidditch as a chaser even though he was seen quite often playing with a snitch.
James was also known for hexing innocent bystanders and Severus Snape. As he grew older and wanted the attention of Lily Evans, he stopped hexing randoms to just doing it to Severus.
(I wasn't sure if I should include that he became a Head Boy)
Nevers: submissive
Other: Mahogany, 11"
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Jag

If I find a decent James Potter pic, I'll send it to you, Jecht...but most of the ones I've seen on DA are girls cosplaying as him and they aren't very good. You could always go for a drawing instead of an actual picture.

This one isn't too bad, but he doesn't have glasses on:

This one isn't too bad either:

You could always crop out Sirius, Remus, and Peter from it.

WittyShrew

James is such a priiiiick. ;P But he sounds attractive nevertheless.

Jecht

I've been seriously looking on google for a while for someone that looks somewhat close. I thought about using the actor they used for the flashback in Order of the Phoenix. Only problem is he didn't have black hair. I'm thinking I might crop out the others in the picture you found. Thank you.

Hope everything else in the profile is alright. I'm excited about this
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

BlueEyedBard

Quote from: minerva7790 on December 15, 2010, 09:47:19 AM

My Ravenclaw is neither bookish or anti-social. Yay for breaking the mold!
On/Off

Jag

mindlessmenage

Yay I'm exstatic  ;D Go ahead and move it over to the character thread. We are definately starting today!!
- Barbara Bush

Jecht

To start off with James' arrogant-ness, who has the pleasure of playing Lily? haha
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Jag

I believe Lily is being played by Azreal.

I'm very tempted to use an OC female from a Snape game that ended due to my partner never logging back on. I don't want her to be sexing Snape up, but kind of follow him around like a love-sick puppy...kind of like he does to Lily when they were younger. >.> *debates*

mindlessmenage

Oh and it's up to you if you want to be Head Boy. James and Lily have first dibs.
- Barbara Bush

WerewolfofLondon

You know, you could probably just use a picture of Harry since he's meant to look just like his dad.

Revenent

Quote from: minerva7790 on December 15, 2010, 11:00:21 AM
Oh damn, you did! Oops, pardon me, I'm a little sleep deprived lately... Yay, Liz will look forward to meeting Karin then! I hope you don't mind though that our characters are that similar... :X

I thought that it was mostly my fault. Didn't you say Liz was an OC you used before? If not, it doesn't make a difference to me anyway. It's not like they're identical. ;D

Anyway, out of curiosity, is there a Head Boy for each house or one for all four houses? I was looking it up on the HP Wiki to remember what they actually do and it the phrasing on there is utterly confusing.

Jag

I think there is only one Head Boy and one Head Girl for the whole school.

The HP wiki says:

Quote...as well as one Head Boy and one Head Girl from all of the seventh-year students...

Jecht

I thought about that...I think I'd prefer to do that....As far as the Head boy thing, I'll see what Lily wants to do since it would make more sense if they were both Heads instead of just one.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Revenent

I saw that, but then I saw this...

QuoteOn the Hogwarts Express, the Head Boy or Head Girl of their house has to go through all the things that is needed to know to be a prefect.

...so you can understand my confusion. Probably just a bad choice of words.

Jag

I think that's just poor wording on the wiki's part. Cause that doesn't make sense. You don't have to be a prefect to be a Head Boy or Girl, but I can see the Heads giving the prefects some hints and advice. I think it is just one boy and one girl for the whole school.

WerewolfofLondon

You are more likely to become Head Boy/Girl if you have been a Prefect. It's pretty much unheard of for things not to go that way. Or at least that's how it was at my school.

Jag

James Potter was one of the exceptions to the Head Boy being a former Prefect. But, yeah, normally they seem to be students that were formerly Prefects.

Revenent

Yeah, that's what I figured. It's not like it makes that much of a difference, anyway, since I doubt anyone will be too concerned about prefects are anything like that with the looming threat of the Wizarding War over the school.

Quote from: Michi No Sora on December 15, 2010, 03:43:32 PM
James Potter was one of the exceptions to the Head Boy being a former Prefect. But, yeah, normally they seem to be students that were formerly Prefects.

It seems to me that the Potters are very privileged. :P First James becomes Head Boy without being a Prefect, then he marries Lily after being a total prick to many people (even though Severus was cut out of her life entirely for one f'ing slip-up brought on by his Slytherin buddies), then Harry becomes Head of Auror Office without even taking a single N.E.W.T.

Jag

Quote from: Revenent on December 15, 2010, 03:46:46 PM
It seems to me that the Potters are very privileged. :P First James becomes Head Boy without being a Prefect, then he marries Lily after being a total prick to many people (even though Severus was cut out of her life entirely for one f'ing slip-up brought on by his Slytherin buddies), then Harry becomes Head of Auror Office without even taking a single N.E.W.T.

Don't forget the Cloak of Invisibility passed down through generations that allowed them both to get away with so many things.  ::) Or Harry marrying a girl that kind of looks like his mother.  ::)

Revenent

Quote from: Michi No Sora on December 15, 2010, 03:48:39 PM
Don't forget the Cloak of Invisibility passed down through generations that allowed them both to get away with so many things.  ::) Or Harry marrying a girl that kind of looks like his mother.  ::)

The Cloak of Invisibility that just happened to be a Deathly Hallow, even though it could have easily just been one of the other generic ones, but Rowling had to go ahead and make his super special (even though both Dumbledore and Moody's eye can apparently see through it).

Jecht

So when are we going to start this? I'm really excited about it.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Jag

Mindlessmenage, you put Rabastan as a Ravenclaw in the first post of the Character thread. He's a Slytherin.

mindlessmenage

Oops! I just kept putting them into Ravenclaw I must have gone zombie, I shall fix it!
- Barbara Bush

Jecht

I was wondering it would be possible for me to have an OC involved somehow. I was thinking one in Hufflepuff since there is only one person in there.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

mindlessmenage

That's fine by me Jecht. The more students there are, hopefully the more realistic and interesting it will be.

Everyone should go check out the OOC Thread, I've made a pretty important post and I would love feedback. I want this to be well organized so it's more fun and more likely to not die. I would be heartbroken if it died.
- Barbara Bush

Jecht

Name:Dean Ackerberry
House:Hufflepuff
Appearance: Tall and handsome. Dean has jet black hair and a michevious grin.
Personality: Dean is charming and fun to be around. Sometimes arrogant but most of the time he respectful to everyone, even those in Slytherin.
History (be as detailed as possible: Even though he originally wanted to be in Gryffindor after he became good friends with James on the train before the sorting, he is happy with where he ended up. Dean is pure-blood but his father was murdered by a death-eater after he wouldn't tell a secret. His mother is in hiding after this happened.
Nevers: Submissive, the obvious fetish scat, etc
Other:
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Cythieus

I need to find a good Lily pictures.

mindlessmenage

I often use Amy Adams or Isla Fisher.

Jecht you're all set you can post it in the character thread.
- Barbara Bush

minerva7790

So much happened while I was away! But we have a James~ *dances*

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on December 15, 2010, 02:43:47 PM
My Ravenclaw is neither bookish or anti-social. Yay for breaking the mold!

Haha, yes, Brutus is a little different from the average Ravenclaw. In a good way! Though Liz sometimes wonders how he ended up in Ravenclaw... ;) Curiouser and curiouser~

Cythieus

Quote from: mindlessmenage on December 15, 2010, 10:18:20 PM
I often use Amy Adams or Isla Fisher.

Jecht you're all set you can post it in the character thread.

I hadn't thought of them, nice choices.

Alysanthia

I see Amy Adams as a good image for Lily.. And yay another Hufflepuff!

I know isn't it great we can start now yaaay! 8D

TheLovelyMaid

If Narcissa is still available, I'd love to play her :)

Name: Narcissa Black

Appearance: With blue eyes, blond hair, and a ski jump nose, Narcissa is easily the prettiest out of the three Black girls. She holds her nose high into the air, as if she's always smelling something foul. Her hair is long and straight, and never messy.  Her robes are always immaculate, boasting a hefty price-tag from Twilfit and Tattings. She has no blemishes, and alabaster skin. Her blue eyes are so light that they're almost gray in appearance.

Personality:Cissy finds herself caught in the middle. Her sister Andromeda is soft-hearted and her loyalties are questionable. Her sister Bellatrix...isn't all there sometimes. Narcissa can't stand muggles or pureblooded wizards who dishonor their heritage by consorting with them. She ignores them in the hallways, on the streets of Hogsmeade--she even took her buisness from Madam Malkin's to Twilfit and Tattings, because a Mudblood was shopping there. She's your typical blue-blooded witch, who likes the finer things in life. And if she can get some lovestruck Ravenclaw to write her essays, she will. She's as vain as her namesake, Narcissus--and cannot pass a mirror without checking her reflection.  With all her faults, Cissa maintains that family does come first and that blood is thicker than water.  She's that girl you love to hate, and doesn't seem to care if you do.

History (be as detailed as possible): Narcissa, the youngest daughter of Druella Rosier and Cygnus black, was born to affluence and privilege.  She firmly upholds the ideals of her ancestors that the wizard is the most powerful being in existence.  No creature can ever hope to be as powerful.  She carries herself in high-esteem, as well as her sisters.  She cannot help but ignore her cousin Sirius, whose Gryffindor exploits cause the family much grief.  Narcissa comes from the ancient and most noble House of Black, and she won't let you forget it.

Sexuality: As much as I want to say bisexual...I'd say Cissa is a straight-laced heterosexual.  In the beginning.  Maybe a dose or two of Ogden's Firewhiskey can loosen up her inhibitions...
Nevers: fecal fetishes, humiliation, torture.
Other:

mindlessmenage

Welcome! You can go ahead and post it in the character thread, check everyone else's out, and we just started not too long ago.
- Barbara Bush

Jag

Quote from: Azrael, Archangel of Death on December 15, 2010, 09:55:18 PM
I need to find a good Lily pictures.

Showing a little skin...sexy. :P

She's wearing a Slytherin robe...naughty girl. :P

Personally, I think the skirt is too short.

Those are all the same model. Her DA name is Arashi-no-Tori and she's Russian.

Jecht

Honestly, can a skirt ever be TOO short? Especially one on her... :P
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Jag

I'm pretty sure if they were in a real school, she would be made to sit on her knees and see if the hem touched the floor. :P Do schools still do that? Mine did and I'm only 23.

But in general...with legs like those...I'd let her get away with it. >.> Now I want to go back to that model's DA page and see if she shows any more leg in any of her other pictures. >.>

Jecht

She is pretty sexy and I usually don't go for redheads.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Alysanthia

Quote from: Michi No Sora on December 16, 2010, 08:02:34 PM
I'm pretty sure if they were in a real school, she would be made to sit on her knees and see if the hem touched the floor. :P Do schools still do that? Mine did and I'm only 23.

But in general...with legs like those...I'd let her get away with it. >.> Now I want to go back to that model's DA page and see if she shows any more leg in any of her other pictures. >.>

My school checked the hem by using a dollar bill, and if didn't touch the top of the dollar we where sent home.

Those are some very good cosplayers, I just love the guy playing Snape... I just wanna snuggle him! x3

Jag

Quote from: Alysanthia on December 16, 2010, 08:11:08 PM
My school checked the hem by using a dollar bill, and if didn't touch the top of the dollar we where sent home.

Those are some very good cosplayers, I just love the guy playing Snape... I just wanna snuggle him! x3

We either had to sit on our knees (though male teachers weren't allowed to make us do that to protect themselves from 'sexual harassment' complaints) or they used a ruler.

And yea, the guy playing Snape in those pictures is adorable. :P Her DA just says that it's her friend 'Falco', but I didn't see anyone with the name 'Falco' in her 'watchers' list.

There is this cute picture of him smiling though:

They are both pretty adorable.

Alysanthia

BlueEyedBard

I can't find the link to the game thread, can anybody repost it please? Thank you!
On/Off

Jecht

Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

BlueEyedBard

On/Off

BlueEyedBard

Hey sorry I disappeared guys, my internet had to be all re-figured due to changing banks and then my last semester of classes started so I completely ran out of time to get online. Anyway I hope the RP goes well, good luck everyone.
On/Off