Winter is Coming [L5R]

Started by BraveEarth, July 08, 2012, 10:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

OK.  I will remove the coding (And this is to bump the page onto the first.  I could barely find it...)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Muse

Yay!  The page is findable again! 

Thanks, Chris. 

What's our status, Brave?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BraveEarth

I am waiting on your Spell reasons, Pumpkin's character given her's is interwoven with Katina's, I need Wraith to put on his Characters sheet everything I discussed with him and I need to start on the Opening post for when everything comes together.

EDIT: I'm not forgetting about Bob >.> No...

BigBuckBob

In development
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Marie Reynolds

Hello I posted my interest but never recieved a yay or a nay to my entry into the game

BraveEarth

Marie anyone is welcome to submit a character. If you need help I will be glad to assist. I don't give a yes or no till I see a character though.

Marie Reynolds

Okay  by tomorrow we should have a medically focused mantis courtier ronin sheet posted

Chris Brady

Can you make them NOT a ronin, Marie?  In L5R, and especially Crane lands, they aren't respected very much.  And I'd rather not have one character being 'picked on' because the setting says they should be.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Marie Reynolds

I am aware and okay with that but if you are uncomfortable with I'll make something else.

Katina Tarask

I'm sure all the uppity Crane ladies and gentlemen will give the dashing ronin all sorts of by day, but give him plenty of company by night. :P

BraveEarth

Although the reason for a ronin. being invited to Winter Court is the one I'm most interested in.

kckolbe

I had to answer more than a couple of questions before my ronin shugenja was approved, but they are definitely possible.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Chris Brady

As per BE's suggestion, I've added a Kata.

BraveEarth

Yeah Bushi are encouraged to add Kata given their rank as for Kiho for Shugenja I'm kind of fine with it that would have to be more reviewed. Also Don't go raising rings willy nilly to met requirements. >>;; if you already submitted a character... >.> Edit: <--- This is more for the people who are approaching 170 IR

Marie Reynolds

Just have to type out my bio and answer a few more questions and spend koku

BraveEarth

Spend Koku?!  :o

I love you.

BraveEarth

Okay this might sound rather amateurish however, I really have wracked my brain in contemplating this. Does anyone here like the Lion enough to maybe lend me a few ideas or help run a few Lion NPCs? I've always had a tough time trying to get into the mindset of a Lion especially in a high political setting where less fighting is involved.

Marie Reynolds

I can try step 1 think your better then everyone and shit on minor clans as much as possible lol. Be confused by Dragon clan courtiers and Samurai on a daily basis.anything else you need more answers to i will do my best to help.

Marie Reynolds

Sorry i took so long to get this up.

Name – :Isha, Izami : Yoritomo Courtier School& Tsi Smith School / Rank 2 (151)

Description :
He is 5’2” and long dark hair tied back in a ponytail with no bangs covering his face. He has the stocky body that most of the Yoritomo clan poses and he has brown eyes. Tends to wear kimonos in earth tones and other neutral colors.

Insight: 151

Air:  2
Reflexes: 2
Awareness: 2
Earth: 3
Stamina :3
Willpower:3
Fire: 3
Agility :3
Intelligence:3
Water: 2
Strength :2
Perception:2
Void:2
Current Void:

Initiative:  2K2

TN to be hit:  15

Wounds: Current -
Healthy (+0):  15
Nicked (+3):  21
Grazed (+5): 27
Hurt (+10):  33
Injured (+15): 39
Crippled (+20): 45
Down (+40): 51
Out : 57

Skills:
Commerce(Appraisal):2
Courtier:3
Defense:3
Etiquette:3
Intimidation(Control):2
Sincerity: 3
Craft(tailoring):2
Artisian(Poetry):2
Polearms:2
Medicine:3
School Techniques / Spells:
YORITOMO COURTIER SCHOOL
RANK 1: DUTY BEFORE HONOR
Like the Yasuki, the Mantis courtiers are merchants as well
as diplomats, and they cultivate a personal style built around
intimidation rather than friendship. Furthermore, they spend
much of their lives outside of the courts dealing with some of
the more unsavory characters in Rokugan. You do not lose Glory
or Honor for using the Commerce skill in public, and you do
not lose Honor for using the Intimidation (Control) skill. Any
time you are making Social Skill Rolls against ronin, bandits,
gang members, mercenaries, pirates, and other lawless types,
you gain a number of Free Raises equal to your School Rank.
TSI SMITH SCHOOL [ARTISAN]
RANK ONE: TOOLS OF THE FORTUNES
The Tsi Smith dedicates his life to reaching perfection in the
heat of the furnace. All Craft Skills are considered School
Skills for you for the purposes of effects that target School
Skills. Whenever you make a Craft Skill Roll, you gain one
point of Glory for succeeding, and one additional point for
every increment of 5 by which you exceed the TN. This effect
only applies to rolls a made against a TN equal to 10 plus your
School Rank x5 or higher.

Advantages:
Multiple Schools 10 PTS

Disadvantages:

Lost Love 3 PTS
Social Disadvantage 3 PTS
Idealistic 2 PTS
Soft Hearted 2 PTS

Heritage

Equipment:
Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi,  Sasumata, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack, 1 zeni, 10 medicine kits, Folding Stool, 8 servings of candy, Small Tent,Songbird,1 metal lantern,3 flasks of lantern oil

Honour: 0
Glory: 0
Taint:0

XP Spent:  40

1. WHAT CLAN DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
Formerly  a member of the Mantis Clan.
2. WHAT FAMILY DOES YOUR CHARACTER BELONG TO?
Was once a member of the Yoritomo family.
3. IS YOUR CHARACTER A BUSHI, A SHUGENJA, OR A COURTIER?
A courtier and a physician.
4. HOW WOULD OTHERS DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER’S APPEARANCE?
Every character should have a rough description in order to give him some sort of life when describing him to others. What is the character's most striking feature? Does his mood come through in his appearance or is he inscrutable? Does he make other feel at ease, or make them uncomfortable?
5. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S PRIMARY MOTIVATION? He will seek to redeem himself in the eyes of the Emperor and Rokugan. Regain a duty and family and clan maybe one day by building his own. See his vision of a extension of bushido for those dedicated to healing.
6. WHO IS THE PERSON YOUR CHARACTER TRUSTS MOST IN THE WORLD?
The person he trusted most was Tsi, Ayame  his now deceased  wife.
Characters should have developed background in order to facilitate roleplaying. This question not only includes the individual's identity, but how that person met the character, why they are so close, and other similar questions.
7. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S GREATEST STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS?
His greatest strength in his eyes is his Idealism. His Greatest weakness that many see in him is that he is to soft hearted.
8. WHAT DOES YOUR CHARACTER THINK OF BUSHIDO?
Bushido is an honorable path and a noble way to live but it can be improved upon by a unique focus of a healer and that not every death should be considered a failure of one’s duty. When all was given to save a life.
9. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S OPINION OF HIS CLAN?
His opinion of his  clan is they are short sighted and distracted by temporal matters. I would hold more faith in the fortunes and the Fortune blessed emperor than thos of the Mantis.
10. IS YOUR CHARACTER MARRIED?
He was it was a wonderful marriage he was fulfilling responsibilities to his clan and he was actually in love and she with him
11. DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY PREJUDICES?
His prejudice is those who look down upon the peasants. We serve the Emperor and the Peasants are under the Emperors care so should we not treat them with compassion and respect.
12. TO WHOM DOES YOUR CHARACTER OWE THE MOST LOYALTY?
The Fortunes, The Kami, and the Emperor the only ones he feels that can now redeem him and grant him the path to his redemption.
13. WHAT ARE YOUR CHARACTER’S FAVORITE AND LEAST FAVORITE THINGS?
Favorite Thing: Spending a quiet moment at the shrine and the going to a tea house afterwards as that is the best way to end the day.
Least Favorite thing; Talking about himself cause he feels its tedious and he would rather hear about others.
14. DOES YOUR CHARACTER HAVE ANY RECURRING MANNERISMS?
When Contemplating something or nervous he will rub his left ear lobe.
15. WHAT ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER’S EMOTIONS?
A true samurai is not supposed to show emotion, but no one is completely disciplined at all times, and everyone demonstrates to some degree of emotion at one point or another. What emotion is the character most likely to display when circumstances arise? What are the things that push him to the edge most easily, and which emotions are the easiest for him to hold in check?
16. HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER HANDLE A SUBORDINATE’S IMPROPER BEHAVIOR?
The actions of a subordinate reflect the honor of his superior and in such cases a superior has considerable amount of leeway in dealing with a subordinate. Is the character the sort to demand the subordinates seppuku over even a minor infraction (something that could get the character into significant trouble very quickly), or will he forgive the behavior and attempt to correct it?
17. HOW WOULD YOUR CHARACTER’S PARENTS DESCRIBE HIM?
Devotion to one's parents is considered proper behavior for any samurai, but devotion can be offered without any real respect between parent and child. Does the character have a proper relationship with his parents or are they estranged? Was the character's upbringing a source of joy or dismay for his parents? Are they still alive, or were they taken from the character at a younger age?
18. WHAT IS YOUR CHARACTER’S HIGHEST AMBITION?
Desire is a sin, but ambition tempered by duty is considered acceptable among most in the samurai caste. Bushi often aspire to become military leaders, for example, while courtiers desire nothing more than to rule over others at influential courts. What is the character's ultimate goal and, perhaps more importantly, how far is she willing to go in order to accomplish it?
19. HOW RELIGIOUS IS YOUR CHARACTER?
He is very devoted he beliefs he exists merely by the good Graces of the fortunes and the emperor  and because of his faith he seeks to redeem and restore his position in the  celestial wheel
20. HOW WILL YOUR CHARACTER DIE?
Well his death would come about through medical intervention of an ally or maybe even an enemy.
Background:
His story starts in the Mantis clan civil war and it is wear he was sent to study and seal  an agreement of having the Tsi smiths well-crafted weapons supporting the followers of Yoritomo, Kumiko by a marriage but before the marriage came about to a Tsi, Ayame he would have to live amongst the Oriole clan and be instructed in their ways. When he completed his training and actually in his time with the Oriole clan fell in love with his bride. Though due to the chaotic  times of the Mantis civil war the clans politics lead to his wife’s death  and his failure to save his wife medical and not even try to go after her assassin and the destruction of the treaty between the Mantis and Oriole clan. He was casted into a life of a ronin and since then has spent his days as a wondering physician accompanying the commoners on trips to sell their wares at various festivals or whatever other long journeys might require a physician on hand and this would be no different with the upcoming winter festival he would be traveling with a family looking to sell their wares and it was his job to help keep them healthy and he would even aide in negotiations when necessary as he was a courtier once upon a time.

BraveEarth

Sorry guys I kind of had the plague the last 5 days I just to see if people are still interested and if they are gently nudge them if they owe me things ^.^;;;

Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BraveEarth

Wraith

Ok, BraveEarth. Added in the History, clipped the Advantages, fixed Skills and bought the stuff you wanted me to guy. Okubo should be finished. Finally. Do you still want a sheet for Hanako?
Surreal's sweet obsession <3

Wraith's Disappearance Act (A/As)