Phoenix Rising :: A 3-player Fantasy Adventure Quest

Started by Caeli, May 10, 2008, 03:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

I've decided to hold off on starting this roleplay, until a time when I can dedicate a lot more energy to making this work out.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest!

QuoteAs far as responses go: Go ahead and express your interest even if others have already; I'm going to go ahead and be picky and selfish this time around, so who I play with WILL NOT BE "First Come First Served." I'll be choosing from a number of factors: writing style, character (I don't need a full character sheet, just a general one-sentence description), and some other things. If you're interested, please go ahead and tell me what you have in mind. I want to keep my options open; since this is a story that I really want to go well, seeing's how it's failed twice before, I really want to pick and choose who I write with (no offense meant to those that I don't eventually pick).

Please don't be intimidated by the many details - it's a story I've already had established and have been wanting to try for a long time now. ;)

My ONs & OFFs and Active Roleplays (if you want a sample of my writing or my style). Note that that list is not exactly up-to-date, and I've been on a brief hiatus for about a month or two, due to school work.

Phoenix Rising :: Fantasy, Adventure; 3-player game
Categories include: Threesome (M/M/F), Bondage, Seduction, Oral... to begin with

The two countries of Morovia and Aladel had a long-lasting rivalry for as long as any of its inhabitants could remember; so long ago, in fact, that the cause of their conflict had been lost in the winds of time. Many centuries after the beginning of this strife, two kings ruled from the seats of each throne; King Daihkael of Aladel, and King Rudeain of Morovia. It was with them that war came in earnest - their lust for land and power had grown. Many smaller countries and small groups of people had been absorbed into each country, and now they sought the land of their sworn enemy.

In the midst of this war of mages and men, an alchemist was searching the old ruins of Lir'a'viis when he discovered an old, ancient tablet. He sought to decipher the ancient message inscripted in the stone - a difficult task, for the elements had worn it until the deep grooves in the stone were but shall cuttings. Laboring over his task, he finally uncovered an ancient prophecy: The Prophecy of the Light Phoenix. It told of six amulets that, when united, would allow its user to summon the Phoenix of Light, and be granted great power.

Power enough to destroy the world. Power enough to save it.

Thus each king assembled a group of Seekers - people with the skill and loyalty to find, then bring the six amulets to him, so HE could be the one to use its power.

And even while each group set out to find the first amulet, dozens of treasure hunters sprang up from all over each kingdom, seeking to find these amulets of great power. Each had their own purpose, be it riches or power, fame or knowledge - but their goals also coincided with those of the Seekers... and thus they became known as the Hunters.

Details;; First, I'd like to say that you shouldn't be intimidated by the amount of details. This is a story I've been spinning for a couple of years now. I'm also looking for pretty detailed, substantial posts. I love detailed, long posts...

For now I want to try this story as a threesome, myself (a female mage) and two male characters. My primary goal / reason I want to try this is because I've always wanted to try a three-way roleplay and a threesome. Our three characters comprise one group of Seekers, put together by the king to find the amulets. The other two characters can be anything from a prince (except the heir, of course), a trusted nobleman, a knight, a guard, etc... Weapons can be anything that doesn't include technology - swords, polearms, axes, projectiles, bow and arrow, assassin's tricks, and so on. Do remember that the king, or someone the king trusts, chose you to be in the group - no matter what, your intelligence and/or weapons expertise will be exceptional. Thus, while the three of us may or may not know each other personally, we'll definitely know of each other.

The setting is fantasy, primarily with the introduction of magic, magical creatures, and magical artifacts. I picture a place that's fairly rural except in the largest towns and ports; more advanced than a feudal society, but not quite at the level of a capitalist one. There is light industry and no advanced technology. Any technology comes about thanks to magic; for example, crystals that emit light when turned on due to stored magical energy, which can be used as a source of light. Main mode of transportation is the horse.

As far as the sexual area of this RP goes: like I said, I do want to do a threesome at one point. ;) I'm willing to stretch my limits a bit, while keeping it consensual. This can be discussed when players are selected.

Potential antagonists and conflicts: First for the antagonists - the other group of Seekers, which will be composed of people similar to us (one mage + 2 others), as well as treasure hunters. Wild monsters or magical beasts. The weather. Nature. Dangerous terrain. Conflicts: do your characters have some kind of antipathy towards wielders of magic? Feelings about the ongoing war? Going on a hunt to get some magical artifact so your king can have a powerful weapon to destroy his enemy? Eventually, do we decide that it might be better that this amulet not be found? What if the king thinks we've betrayed him - will he send assassins after us? And so on. Again, details and stuff can be discussed via PM.

This might turn out to be a bit involved, though I'm not worried about posting rate. One post every two or three days should be fine - it might start off a bit slow since school is beating me into the ground right now. It will be at turns serious, at turns filled with dry humor - those who write with me now know that I enjoy sudden plot twists and verbal battles between our characters.

Hrrm... if interested, please post here and contact me? If you also want more details, I can definitely do that too :]. Once the group has been fixed, we can talk at length about where we want this to go, what might be included, how to write NPCs into the story, etc.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Myrnodyn

hmm, after reading this, I got the idea of a hermetical monk using martial arts as his fighting style. it might or might not work in the setting, but the idea appeals to me. Just tell me wether you want me in or not ;)

Caeli

Definitely an interesting character choice. :]

Why, however, would the king choose your monk along for this quest, when he's got so many other loyal retainers at his disposal? ;)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Alexander

I too am interested in this story. I love fantasy settings as well. I like making characters and take a good time to make one, though my idea for this one in particular would be an Assassin/Mage with a knack for creating Illusions and using poisons along with the wiles of Melee martial arts and daggers.

Im quite interested in this one, and if you wish for me to make you a sample character to show you just send me a PM and ask :) id be more than happy to

Caeli

Interesting character choice, but again, I pose the same question that I posed to Myrn: Why would the king choose an assassin to come on this quest, when he's got so many other loyal retainers at his disposal? Assassins are paid killers - if someone offered him a higher price, why wouldn't he just kill the other Seeker and then hand the amulets over to the other king?

Also, I'd like to avoid cross-classing characters, such as yours: mage + assassin. xD

Incidentally, my own character is a mage who specializes in melee fighting with daggers, so your character is actually really close to my own.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Alexander

alrighty then, ill leave the assassin part behind and use something else then. ^^ thats just usually my first choice.

Alrighty then, how does this one suit you.

A slightly over tempered Ranger style character that uses a LongSword and a Longbow, no magical ability whatsoever, though his strength is beyond normal knights.

as for why the king would choose him, he has proven to be an excellent tracker and pathfinder. word of his ability to find even whats called impossible to find getting around to everyone that has an ear, perhaps having caught wind of his ability to hunt something down, he was ordered found from his little retreat in the woods, and asked to help seek out the amulets

Myrnodyn

well, for one, my monk took a vow of poverty, so he could be relied on to hand the amulet over should it be desired of him. Other than that hermits tend to be hermetic for a reason, mostly in persuit of knowledge or wisdom. The monk could easily have some knowledge pertaining were to find an amulet, or maybe some knowledge pertaining the nature of these things.

Caeli

Hmmmm, I see. :]

In the meanwhile, I'm going to leave this thread to sit around for a few days, and see if I can't get some interest.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Astalinnon

I certainly have some interest in this game as well, had an idea for a young halberd-wielding general that is related to the king, something along the lines of a second cousin twice removed. Because of this, combined with countless victories on the battlefield, and his outward appearance of pure chivalry and honor, the king would trust him.

A sample of my writing: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=14776.0

Caeli

Your interest is certainly noted. However, I see you wrote "outward appearance" of pure chivalry and honor; does that mean that that isn't entirely true? ;D

I'm not being a devil's advocate, I'm just curious ;)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Kathadon

Shame I didn't see this one sooner. It looks interesting.

I always fancied playing a swashbuckling bard. Maybe a scholar type chossen by the king for his knowledge of local legends and tales relating to this amulet? He is a cad and foppish at court, but is secretly very competent in the wilds. Just don't expect him to be happy sleeping in the dirt. :)
My ON'S and OFF'S:

I'll do whatever pleases but I'll bleed 'em in the end.

My BDSM test results.

Astalinnon

Quote from: Caeli on May 12, 2008, 05:12:57 AM
Your interest is certainly noted. However, I see you wrote "outward appearance" of pure chivalry and honor; does that mean that that isn't entirely true? ;D

I'm not being a devil's advocate, I'm just curious ;)

Probably not, he'd have lived a life of luxury with everything given to him rather than earning anything, so he would have an underlying bitterness at his own role in life and maybe even some anger, frustration and even a hidden layer of sinfulness that would have been hidden by his knightly training. A sort of wolf in sheeps clothing that isn't exactly a huge bad guy, just has a sort of dark side.

Caeli

As far as the characters that have been proposed and what I'm looking for... well, it's just not really matching up. -_-; This is not that the characters you guys have are bad - I'm just looking for something different, I think, and just generally being overly picky.

For now, I'm going to close down applications for a 3-player game - I suddenly received an influx of schoolwork that threatens to destroy what is left of my free time. In the future if I open up this roleplay again, I'll keep everyone who has expressed interest in mind. :]

Caeli~

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ