GLADIATOR! (Re-Interest check-Doctore needed!)

Started by bubby, February 26, 2011, 11:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AusGre

Aricus Canididus
" A man, beset by the life he once held and clutch what glory he now only knows in his heart."

Height: 5'11''
Wieght: 183 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Brown/Black
Eye Color: Dark Green

Aricus is a tall man, with a slender but well refined frame within his body. His skin is lightly tanned, showing some time spent outdoors possibly in the fields or upon other matters. His body shows well developed muscles, toned and well sized, with much of the mass being within his upper arms and back. His chest has some refinement to it, but stands like an unetched block of marble. Yet, Aricus' body is not a clean one, battered with old wounds and some dirt that festers within the wounds since his capture. His face, is long and gaunt, with a strong chin and jawline covered by a spreading beard. His hair is a dark brown, mixed with black strands that weave perfectly together. Aricus' most noticeable features would be his dark green eyes, if one were to look upon them, they would catch the draft of a ghost of the past lurking within' them.

Origins

" The lands, feel the burden of the heart and the anger sown by unskilled hands."
Place in Roman Society: Gladiator
Homeland: Greece, Argos

" It does not concern where I was birthed or what I was days past. I will only share the truth in such a matter. I am no promised blade by the gods, but a man plagued by those who would be called masters and those who deem themselves slaves. Do not tred on my words, nor listen to them if undesired."

Aricus was born in a small village in Greece, outside the harbor city of Argos. He was raised to be nothing more than a peasant and that is what he liked in life, not the roar of the crowds nor the glory of military conquest. He seeked nothing more than to plow the fields or to tend to the stock of his family, and he did so with great pride in his heart. He grew into a fine young man and found a wife of his own, Cytha, a maiden of the village and one that promised great land for his family's own farm. Aricus had nothing but love for the young woman, yet she did not have the same feeling for him. She only used Arcius to get close to his own family and secure a luxurious position for herself, as it was often known that Aricus' father attended to Argos and often took council with some of the nobles in the city. Cytha used this to her advantage and unknown to Aricus, she procured herself as a wife to one of the nobles, not one of greek origin. One of roman origin, a man known as Verilus Illonus.

The time passed and Aricus was soon captured by the noble and his fate secured to the rank of a slave, and his own wife elevated to that of a roman noble. Aricus was sent to many homes over his time as a slave, each one trading him off for one reason or another. Aricus continually asked after his wife's well being, never knowing what she had done to him. Traded and beaten, he worked tirelessly untill he was traded to a certain lodus...

bubby

Ok kids..here's the link for the character page.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=99620.0  please C&P your char sheets to there!

bubby

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the profiles! Don't worry about being all fast about it, because much like adifferenceinsize, I shall be 'not all here' this coming week as well, as I'll be on vacation. I will be checking in as much as I can as well as attempting to make an actual RP page, complete with pics and Ludus/story history. YAY LadyDiscord for playing 2 roles! Quite pleased with that. YAY PearlRuby for picking the wife, and am I right in thinking you wish to be your chars slave as well? If so, have at it! Though this is most definately an awesome start, and we can begin actual game play within a week, I'm STILL hoping to get some Roman citizens in the mix. I also have no clue how to put 'GM' as my own tag instead of 'Lady', but don't forget that though indeed adifferenceinsize is helping out a TON, I am the main GM. You can also direct questons to me about chars and story, and if thre are any suggestions I'm happy to hear them!

PearlRuby

Quote from: bubby on March 03, 2011, 11:54:43 AM
YAY PearlRuby for picking the wife, and am I right in thinking you wish to be your chars slave as well? If so, have at it!

Eh? No, just the lovely Domina >.< Though no doubt I'll be including shared, lesser NPC slave characters and so forth, just like everyone else. I meant that, if someone else wanted to offer their character as a favoured slave to the domina, send me a pm :P

I think it's really important that a main page is put up asap describing the RP and the actual location as Hispania, etc. I'm a bit of a photoshop whizz so if you want any images 'preffyfied'/resized/cropped, send them over and I'll work some magic :D

To sleep, perchance to dream ... All the world's a stage.
Ons and Offs     Ideas / Requests     A&A

bubby

Ah ok then. As for the main page I'll try to work on it and have something by the time I get back, and as for pics, I have very few actually. I have been SEARCHING and failing in that search for Ludus pics. I have a couple which is beter hen nothing.

adifferenceinsize

Quote from: bubby on March 03, 2011, 03:51:44 PM
Ah ok then. As for the main page I'll try to work on it and have something by the time I get back, and as for pics, I have very few actually. I have been SEARCHING and failing in that search for Ludus pics. I have a couple which is beter hen nothing.
Your work's been greatly appreciated so far. If you happen to find anything that calls out you as "Grizzled Roman badass," lemme know. ^_^

bubby

Just a note, this week would be a good time for everyone to get there character bios onto the page I made since I will be busy with family stuff. If you're busy too, I -totally- understand! I'm just sayin'. Also, Whenever I have a quiet moment I look for pics and such for our main page to make when I get back home next weekend. I will have it soon! adifferenceinsize, if you could do me a fav and message me bio on the Ludus itself? Location, how and why it came to be? I will be adding a small bit to it on how MY char 'might be what it takes to get the Ludus noticed'. Ok then!

LadyDiscord

Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Dragondancer

Hello,

I would LOVE to join in your Gladiator/Spartacus Roleplay!

Not sure of the protocol or what roles are still open, so if there are any roles that need to be filled different than what I mention, just let me know. I am not really up on my history, so the knowledge I bring to the game will pretty much be from being a fan of the Starz Spartacus show, hehe.

I could play:

A newly indentured slave, sold to the Ludus by her aunt to pay for the care of her younger siblings after the death of her parents; she was not born into slavery and had a loving home before her parents died. Were it not for the threats her aunt made toward her young brothers and sisters (and she had every reason to believe the threats would be carried out) she would never submit to this new life. (if this image is too similar to Chiara, I am happy to find another.)

A woman who is a Roman citizen, who married not for love but for gain who has enough money and freedom to indulge in entertaining herself while her husband is off on his many business pursuits. She is bored, wealthy, and has no qualms going after whatever piques her interest at the moment.

And....I'd actually love to play a Gladiatrix role, if that were an option, Bubby.  ;D
I honestly don't imagine this ever happened, or if it did the Gladiatrix would - how shall I put this - not look very...feminine, hehe. Or, they would have the women fight together as sort of a "warm up" to the actual gladiator battles. But I loooove the idea of playing such a character for this fantasy game.

I could play whichever character (or more than one?) adds more to the game.  Or, like I said, if there are any characters needed that I didn't mention, just let me know and I'd be happy to give them a try.

I'm looking forward to it!  ;D

PearlRuby

We are generally lacking some other noble characters aside from the Lanista and his wife, so I'm glad to see some potential there with your Roman citizen  ;D  Perhaps her link to the Ludus is that she wishes to sponsor a gladiator?
Bubby did seem okay with people playing multiple roles too.

Ironwolf85

back after a long hiatus, all snowed in today anyway. nice to see the game is forming well.
I was thinking of bringing a roman Equetian (Middle class) who worked his way up to patrician (noble) by working his way up through political skill, intelligence, and savagery.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

bubby

To Dragondancer...welcome! If indeed you are willing to play two roles, slave and Roman citizen are definitely open. If you can play only one, Roman would be better to round out the game as we begin soon. As for the Gladiatrix...sorry, but I am being selfish with that role...lol. It also fits into our beginning story as my char will be what brings popularity/notice to the Ludus. If/when you have a bio page for your chars, I have a seperate page for them (see link on a couple pags back).

To Ironwolf85..welcome back! And yes, it would be great for you to play a citizen. Perfect in fact!

If/when you have a bio page for your chars, I have a seperate page for them (see link on a couple pages back).

Just so you both know, I am currently on vacation this week, so the game won't begin until at LEAST next week. I -hope- to have the Main page one by Sunday, but no promises as I might be passed out for two days..lol. Next week sometime for sure though! Thanks guys!

Dragondancer

Thanks, Bubby!  Hehe, okay couldn't hurt to ask. Just let me know if you change your mind later along in the play if your character gets a craving to face off against (or team up with?) another female warrior...

In the meantime I'll put together my character bios. Hope you're having a fun vacation ~ thanks for getting this idea running!

Thanks, PearlRuby...I have a feeling that thought will cross her mind, hehe

This is going to be fun! ;D

Ironwolf85

more later running out of time
Lupis Dae Lucias
"Why bother with slaves? Just give the plebs a bowl of hot soup, some spare coin, and make them feel like their worth a damn and they'll give you their lives. no guards, no chains, and they sometimes prodouce someone more useful"

Height: 6'4
Wieght: 218 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde/brown
Eye Color: Blue

Son of a Roman Soldier and his Germanic wife he took while on campain, his features are a decent blend of both types, phyically fit, Lupis is willing to get his hands dirty and it shows in his sculpted body. He tends to wear a toga or cerimonial robe. The symbol of office around his neck. He also had a faceless helm fashoned from steel and silver that he tends to wear in public it's intricately engrained with Flame motiefs. he carries a fine steel gladius after all, one can never be too careful on the mean streets of Rome.

Origins
"Why bother with slaves?"
Place in Roman Society: High priest of Vestia (elected to position for life)
Homeland: Northern italy near Milan

"Of course they elected me high priest of Vestia, you have no idea how much I spent on that campain, I suppose I bought the votes if you call holding private games, helping out families in debt, giving employment to the idle, and comissioning artists down on their luck buying them. not bad for a kid who came to rome from some backwater Milanese village

Born in a small village his father moved the family to Rome when he was twelve, and enrolled Lupis in school, though not collage. his father was a drunk when not on duty, and voilence surrounded him from an early age. he started as a polotical headbuster eventually the roman family Lucias gave him command of a small estate near his orignal home town, he turned it into a massive profitable Winery and Wheat farm in a few years, and bought another estate, did the same with oil and meat, stone and brick exporting everything he didn't need. eventually he had enough money to make a bid for senate, of course one can't be a senator without being a patrician (noble caste) so he convinced the Lucias family to adopt him into their fold, and with him came his estates and money. He was known to persionally train with the Family retainers and his experience as a headbuster never failed him.
He did not have the ability to run for senate, with the funds depleated by buying his way up, instead he set his sights on the position High Priest of Vestia. It is only a cerimonial position, but a gateway to greater things. As the priest is responsible for the Verstial virgins. the flame supposedly keeps the city safe and is why it has never been invaded by a non-roman army. it would be a great blow to let the fire go out.
he spends his days in ritual, managing his estates, and attending the games when he can, he sponsors various gladiators keeping a diffrence between those the temple supports, and those he persionally pays for.
politically he is ruthless, every game he involves himself in is a political statement, and moves him ahead in power and prestege.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Primarch

I updated my bio in the character thread btw!

PearlRuby

Both characters are looking good!  ;D
Nice to have another nobleman character too.

LadyDiscord

Oooo yay, baby! Character numero uno is up! Now for character 2, as soon as PearlRuby  writes me back. ^^
✔✦✘

adifferenceinsize

Got a good chunk of the lanista's profile up. I'll cover the slave time and modern parts tonight.

adifferenceinsize

And done. It's a bit long, but I had to dump that all out, and given the character's importance to the plot and his advanced age, it should be poignant at least. Feel free to start story lines without me, or invite me in; I'll likely start a thread over the weekend if there's not action occurring to try and get everyone involved.

I do have to say the idea tickles me of the elder lanista getting to stare down his gladiators without the necessity of guards to impose corporeal threat... especially given only Manius' wife is shorter than he is in the ludus. lol

LadyDiscord

✔✦✘

bubby

omg...FINALLY!!! After several HOURS and many SEPERATE trys, I have FINALLY made an IC page.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=100193.0  It's quite pathetic in information, because I really suck at this stuff, but at least it's done! Everyone can make an intro post there whenever they are ready, and let's make sure that we get all the characters on the char sheet. When that is done, since we have enough people to actually start the game, I'll lock this thread and make an OOC in the Extreme thread. *Collapses!*

bubby

I'M HOME!!! So happy! My -plan- is to put up my own intro by Sunday. I was hoping that adifferenceinsize would post first to lay the groundwork, but he might be busy. Hopefully we can get this game going in ernest now!

adifferenceinsize

Since all my active solos have transmogrified into vapor, I'll post something tomorrow early in the afternoon. Did we have anyone playing a new arrival? If so, we can start with a bit of a "Training Day" sort of exercise, breaking in the new meat. Otherwise, I might have to lay out some stern talks over disappointments in the arena.

Michael Corvus

I still have yet to finish my bio. I've just been busy with other things. I'll try to get it finished in the next day or two. He can be fresh meat if wanted, either just arriving or having been there for only a few days or weeks and either way, the new guy. Great work by everyone so far. I will definitely be challenged amongst such talent.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Senti

are you still taking anyone? i know you want the only female gladiator, would you allow an extramly feral pictish slave. Kept for interest factor?

http://www.tntmagazine.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/TNT+REVIEWS+BLOG.1390/Centurion.jpg

Just as a thought.