Star Wars Saga Edition, the Sith (NC)

Started by ivygrowth, December 11, 2010, 07:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivygrowth

This is only a half-formed idea, so I am also looking for input from anyone interested and am not 100% sure I will run it.  The focus would (probably) be on a Sith and his apprentice.  Other characters would be allies, slaves, and so on.  I also think it might be interesting to have two apprentices and a rivalry going on, but that may not fit with the rule of two or whatever it is.

I am not sure on a timeframe, I am thinking possibly post episode 6, but ignoring the expanded universe (other than what is in the Saga edition) as I have not read the books. 

The game would be fairly dark, and might include non-con or similar scenes.  The plot I am still considering, and could be focused on them trying to seize power over some group or planet, doing a favour for a Hutt in exchange for some information or object (an easy, probably short, plot to get the game going), or something similar.  It could also start with the Sith 'acquiring' his apprentice(s).  This is another area where I am looking for input.

I would probably be looking for four to six players, and wouldn't mind a co-GM so I could add a supporting character (though I can stick to NPCs).

I am also trying to figure out how to handle a large level difference between characters, as I see the Sith as being higher than the others.  Whoever plays that character may need to put him in more of a supporting role, so he doesn't dominate every situation.  He may act more as a mastermind, witness and judge, rather than an actual combatant.  Any ideas for how to handle this are welcome.

The game would use the Star Wars Saga Edition rulebooks. 

lorcan

Hmm this could be very intersting and what level and what Era?

ivygrowth

Early Legacy or late Rebellion most likely, though probably not following the cannon if so (no Darth Krayt for example).  I hadn't decided on a level yet. 

lorcan

Well im really good with Legacy Era so I could Co GM and hmm instead of just Darth Kryat assertating himself as emeperor not happening we could go with still during the Emperial Remnat and the sith still fighting the war against the Galatic Alliance so we can have more ability to mold the  Legacy era to our liking.

Primarch

Put me down as interested for now. I've got a pretty full plate in terms of RP, but I'm good at making space when I see something particularly interesting. :P

Kolbrandr

Well, the rule of two does get ditched again eventually as noted in the Saga stuff, if you want to mess around with more than one apprentice. Or even full Sith.

ivygrowth

Thanks for the offer of co-GMing lorcan, we'll see if I need one.

A period where there is still a war going on between the Rebellion (or New Republic) and what is left of the Empire would work.

We'll ditch the rule of two then, and have one Master and two or more apprentices.  Assuming that is what people want to play.

Kate

if this was more freeform i would be interested

as a character like this - perhaps as an ally or friend perhaps a contender

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=88984.msg3944624#msg3944624

ivygrowth

I'm willing to work with people to develop their characters, and am willing to handle most of the rolls.  So if someone has a decent concept but doesn't have the rules I am still willing to consider them. 

I like the character, but am not sure if the Saga edition has force powers that let one change someone's appearance.  At least not that immediately come to mind for me (though I'm not an expert), maybe illusion, hmmm.

lorcan

Im quite okay with the sith idea still.If I may make a suggestion i would place this game around tenth  or twevelth to allow for some levels in prestige classes.

ivygrowth

I have decided to drop this idea and go with a different one due to several problems I see with how this one would work.