Halo: Extinction

Started by Sabby, January 19, 2008, 08:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Honestly, I did not expect any posts in this. At all. Surprised to see some interest :)

So we have Jefe, Archangel, Lord Anubis and hopefully HH. Still need to PM Question Mark.

HairyHeretic

See, my problem is that I'm reading the posts here, and half the jargon is going straight over my head. I have a rough idea what you're talking about, but don't have a clue about the specifics. I'm going to hold off on committing to this til I've had a chance to actually read up on the background.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Sabby

psouth119

so am i allowed in this or not???

Sabby

As I said, I'm in a bit of a situation here... you have the background advantage the others don't (except Jef I think) but...

Ok, I'll give you one chance. Your in man :) but I suggest this time over, you read through your posts before you actually post them. If they don't sound right, touch them up a bit. I really hope you like the game.

psouth119

thank you so much and i will try my hardest not to mess up

and over the past few days i've been writing a halo fan fic would you like to see it?

Sabby

Archangel

I know a bit about the world of HALO as well, so for any of you who aren't sure about something or have questions, feel free to ask !!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

Sabby

Well, it shouldn't be long now. I've always wanted to explore this scenario :) its hinted at a lot, but never really upon. Since theres no way to rp the Forerunners... best to just recreate it.

Question Mark

Hmm, I could probably squeeze in there.  I know everything and anything there is to know about Halo (see my title, Shameless Fanboi alright), and have written a short novels worth of fan fiction.  You can find that here (http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?author=The_Meep).  The better stuff is towards the bottom.  I had only started seriously writing, so the first few, well, suck.  And yes, my name is The Meep...

ANYWAYS, for my character in Halo.  Definately an Elite.  I love Elites.  Their mentality, their speech, their combat style.  Their POV has to be my best to write from.

A question, though.  Um, where are these SPARTANs coming from?  There aren't any SPARTANs, well, left.  Most got snuffed out on Reach, and the survivors are locked inside of a Dyson Sphere contained within a meter wide Slipspace bubble in the center of a nuclear/planetary firestorm.  Unless you're talking about the SPARTAN-III's; there's still 300 or so of them chilling out somewhere after the Covenant started laying siege to Earth.  Just that S-III's are like twelve and thirteen years old, so that might make for awkward RPing.

~I~

Sabby

oh, man... right now I'm kicking myself for not reading Ghosts of Onyx.

I already took the liberty of setting everything up in a Flood Genocide. Might as well add in the Spartans.

And I agree, the Sangheili rule.

psouth119

so when we gonna start ??? ??? ???   

:o :o :o

Sabby

Ok, we have all the characters we need, I have some ideas coming along... yep, the light is green people. While you wait for an opening post, bug me with rough ideas for your characters :)

I'll be playing a Sangheili (Elite)

Question Mark

And, uh, here's my character.  Ya...

Name: Der' Vishumii (special reference, kudos if you find it)

Species: Sangheili, more commonly known as Elites.

Background: Trained to be a warrior from birth, Der 'Vishumii has excelled in the Covenant where others have failed.  Leader of a Rebel Lance (ten Grunts, five Jackals, two Elites, and a patridge in a pear tree), 'Vishumii has attained the envious Major Veteran rank (red armor) through the deaths of over two dozen Humans, as well as prowess in other wartime fields.  He has fought on Reach, Prosperity, and the First Invasion of Earth, to name a few.  'Vishumii was a devout follower of the Arbiter, and, with most of the Elites, splintered from the Covenant upon learning of the true nature of Halo.

Appearance
Height - Just over eight feet, average for an Elite.
Face - Normal Elite face, though with slightly shorter mandibles.  He has cermonial scars on the right side of his face.
Build - Lean.
Skin - Slightly darker than normal for an Elite.  A shade of black.
Eyes - Black (Haven't encountered an Elite with anything but black eyes)

Personality: Extremely loyal, 'Vishumii will try to protect his soldiers at all costs.  Unlike normal Grunts, those in 'Vishumii's Lance are willing to go into battle and never run, mainly because of his kind and guardian like demeanor.  After learning the truth about Halo, as well as the very real danger of the Flood, 'Vishumii defected to the Humans alongside the Arbiter, never really understanding why they were being exterminated in the first place.  He gives respect to those who deserve it, and death to those who don't.

Strengths:
- Strong leader.
- Accurate with a plasma rifle or plasma pistol
- Goo strategist.

Weaknesses:
- Not very accurate with grenades.  Actually, not accurate at all.
- Specialized in plasma rifles/pistols, so he very much sucks with other weaponry.

Armour: Red, with the purple stripes of the Covenant Splinter Army on his shoulders.

Anything else: Carries a Plasma Rifle and Plasma Pistol, as well as a shield similar to the young the Jackals have, but designed for Elites.

Hope you like him.

~?~

Sabby

Works fine :) it kind of puzzles me how such a highly trained Elite can't lob a good grenade, but meh.

Name: Tolomee Merukeah (named after the two characters of my first E roleplay, Ptolomy and Merekida)

Species: A Sangheili (Elite)

Background: Almost all young Sangheili are thrust into the armor of a soldier at a young age. Tolomee was no exception. His basics were covered perfectly, but as training continued, it was clear his skills would be better used in covert/recon. He had never strived for anything incredible in rank. While the black armored stealth teams (You'll noticed I don't have a lot of the picky little details. Question Mark is clearly the new Halo nerd of E ^_^) were highly trained and far above the front line soldiers, he had never ascended the inner ranks very far. He was devout and faithful, and he was content to serve in their glory, the rank unimportant to him.

Of course, The Covenant Schism had been quite a blow to him. His mind in turmoil, he had assisted many Elites with escaping the Brutes genocide, using his covert skills to advantage parties in any way, whether it was sabotage or ambushes. He had to be resourceful, and many Elites owe a debt to him for the tactics that no doubt preserved many lives. He kept very focused, for once they had escaped and had eventually joined with the Arbiter, it was a long, slow time of self reflection for him.

Many of them had believed, had blindly lapped at the lies of The Prophets. But now, with Truth dead on the Ark, killed by the Arbiter himself, many feel as though they can go on, as if Truths blood has somehow washed much of the sin from their hands.

Tolomee has sworn loyalty to whatever may come of the Alliance between his people and the Humans. Now that the Flood has become a very real threat, he sees assisting the humans as his final atonement.

Appearance: Come on... he's an elite... a pretty slim one, with Black armor, but theres not much else that differs >.>

Personality: Resourceful, efficient, and ruthless. He can be dark at times, and can seem reclusive, but he is an honorable Elite. He will work among a team well, and alone well, preferably alone, but hes not stupid enough to be alone when the mission at hand will benefit more from a team.

Strengths:
Quick, silent spy/assassin
A Master of duel wielding Plasma Swords
An excellent shot at long range.

Weakness':
Full frontal combat isn't exactly a strength.
Weaker Shielding
Still exhibits tendencies from before he learned the truth of the Halos. So... still has some blind prejudices that he needs to work out.

Anything else?
Carries a Carbine and Modified Beam Rifle, with selected grenades, two Plasma Swords and a robust, effective Cloak. While he does not carry one, he does favor acquired Shotgun like weapons for close quarters.

Archangel

Name: Lt William Hawker, ODST
Species: Human

Background: Hawker joined the Marines right out of high school and quickly moved up the ranks until he reach Sergeant. He was an ideal soldier, strong and fast, capable of quick thinking and decision making. He volunteered for the ODST and thanks to an excellent letter of recommendation from his CO was allowed to keep his rank. He has since served with distinction on several engagements with the enemy.

Appearance
Height – Six feet, two inches
Build – Big and muscular
Skin – Medium complexion
Eyes – Brown
Hair - Brown

Personality: William is an excellent squad leader and his men respect and would follow him through hell and back. He’s strong headed and stubborn at times when the higher ranks do not agree with his assessment of the situation. In the end he follows orders regardless of his opinion of the mission and the one leading it.

Strengths:
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent marksmanship skills will all UNSC small arms.
- Good electronics and vehicle operation skills.
- Survivalist.

Weaknesses:
- Problems with authority
- Tends to act to quickly before considering the consequences for those actions.

Armour, Weapons and Equipment: All Standard for ODST.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

LordAnubis

Name: CMC Duncan Caine

Species: Human

Background: Caine’s early training in the Spartan Program was hampered by his resistance to the limited supplies they were given for their tests.  More often than not he was disciplined by the commanders and then his team mates for sneaking some additional bit of equipment into the training exercises which was deemed cheating.  Eventually either he became better at hiding his additional equipment or they saw it as him overcoming opposition, but regardless it continued throughout his service, resulting in him hulling back any Covent equipment that was still functional after a battle.

Appearance: His armor is the standard MJOLNIR armor with a mottled green and brown, that on close inspection no one has really been able to decide what color it is, save effective when waking through a forested environment because it doesn’t look like a manufactured color.

Personality: Caine looks at any problem you face as a failure to prepare adequately.  He is known for carrying nonstandard equipment and possibly modifying equipment assigned to him.  Once in enemy territory his first actions usually involve stealing a vehicle or weapons, using their ammo first saving his for when he’d need it.  This got to the point where those in his squad began to refer to him as the repo man, a throw back to early earth where your property could be reposed if bills were not paid.

Strengths:
Familiarity with most known weapons
Nonstandard modifications to equipment
Innate understanding of mechanical devices (if he sits in a vehicle unless impossible he will drive it)

Weakness':
Does not handle restrictions well, and will cheat if possible
Due to his tendency to create easier paths, other Spartans are better at hand to hand combat
Occasionally his modifications don’t work out as intended, such as the scope that allowed him to peer through smoke, but peered through Covent bodies as well, making in impossible to see a target to hit them.(does not use anymore)

Anything else?
He favors his large bore Shotgun, giving more firepower but shortening the effective range and his assault rifle for his assigned weapons, though he’ll pick up anything save a plasma sword that he comes across.  Plasma swords only get picked up if he sees something in the immediate vicinity that needs to be cut, otherwise he can just place a grenade or ask a comrade to handle it.

Sabby

The game is up in Normal Small Games

Question Mark

* cough cough *

This thing turned on?