Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scathmadra

Stanely Parable. It is hilarious and thought provoking.

Drake Valentine

I never had any problems with original Drakengard, at the time of its release I thought it was a fun and amazing game, even with its combat system. The maps were huge. >.> HUUUUGE. Though it did feel repetitive at times. The only thing I didn't like was the censorship, which I found out later after beating the game because some of the scenes seemed unclear. Especially near end in the game where that one person went off to do that one thing and you honestly have no clue why they did that due to all the censoring involving those characters' relationship. Only after research it made sense; although if there is anything I despise, it is the sheer censorship of imported videogames. >.<

I believe Drakengard 2 had some censored parts too, but not 100% sure on when and where. I mean... Drakengard 2 is basically the Devil May Cry 2 of videogames, I think everyone likes to pretend there wasn't any second ones in both regards.

I don't mind low budget games, hell Nier is fun in its own regard. The only thing  I do mind is when low budget game doesn't even make an attempt on their project. I can name a few, but this isn't the area to gripe on such, maybe later I will. If I can give a game a chance and it holds my interest in some fashion, I generally keep playing it. Whether it is too huge ass maps like Drakengard where all I did mostly was ride on my dragon and rain fireballs down on foe, s(because moving anywhere on foot was a pain,) or toned down quick pace combat, or the general exploring and crafting and other side things you can do in Nier. They did well in all their voice acting and music for those games, the only real complaint was censorships.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Aneveite

DDS is absolutely fantastic thus far. I had Nocturne before it, but honestly I like DDS a lot more. I don't think they have put up DDS2 yet unfortunately, so I hope that one gets added at some point.
My ONs and OFFs

Please Use Female Pronouns With Me

SinXAzgard21

Playing Nocturne, P3: FES, Persona 4 Golden and Devil Survivor 2.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Drake Valentine

Nocturne? Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne? That was a good game. Also kind of a rare game, I actually managed to track down a PS2 copy long time ago during the period where PS3 was out and PS2 games were still being sold at Gamestop.

Right now I am juggling between Nier and Watchdogs.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Revelation

It was kinda rare, but it's up on the PSN for PS3 now. Only $10, I believe the only PS2 era SMT/Persona games not on the PSN now are the 2nd DDS and 2nd Raidou games.

Drake Valentine

I know, I was relating more towards owning an actual cd copy. It is hard to find, unless you ebay it or something. xD Well, today anyways since PS2 is generations ago.

SinXAzgard21

The gamestop near me still has a copy of Nocturne.  I have them all via ps3 download and obviously I have Golden on my vita.  Pretty much the only Jrpg I play other than the Tales series.

Oreo

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 02, 2014, 01:35:07 PM
Nocturne? Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne? That was a good game. Also kind of a rare game, I actually managed to track down a PS2 copy long time ago during the period where PS3 was out and PS2 games were still being sold at Gamestop.

Right now I am juggling between Nier and Watchdogs.

I have Nocturne too, but haven't played it yet. The rarest in my collection are Suikoden and Suikoden II. I really want to get my hands on the Hack GU collection.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Oreo on June 02, 2014, 09:00:15 PM
I have Nocturne too, but haven't played it yet. The rarest in my collection are Suikoden and Suikoden II. I really want to get my hands on the Hack GU collection.

Legend of Legaia, Legend of Dragoon original colored discs.  My rarest games.

Aneveite

I've got the Nocturne DVD, but just the PS3 DL of DDS.

I think my rarest games is .hack// Parts 1, 2, 3 of the original series. ;3; I wish part 4 wasn't so expensive and hard to find, otherwise I'd have a complete set.

I've also got Radiant Historia, that game was horrible to track down, although you can get it on amazon pretty cheap last I checked.
My ONs and OFFs

Please Use Female Pronouns With Me

Oreo

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 02, 2014, 09:05:47 PM
We have those, but I can't take credit for them. Hubby got them new and kept them, back when they came out.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Zeth

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 02, 2014, 09:05:47 PM

I played those and Legend of Legaia 2. I love how those games turn based combat wasn't just sitting there and selecting commands. You actually did stuff.

GermanCake

I just finished playing The Last if Us. I enjoyed it, but I really felt bad about the ending.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I mean Joel just screwed the world over. Yeah it was shitty that they weren't bothering to ask Ellie, but she even confronted Joel at the very end giving indication that she may have agreed to that. I don't know. I loved Ellie, but to rob the world of a possible cure seemed selfish.

Well that's my two cents on it.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: GermanCake on June 04, 2014, 08:27:42 AM
I just finished playing The Last if Us. I enjoyed it, but I really felt bad about the ending.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I mean Joel just screwed the world over. Yeah it was shitty that they weren't bothering to ask Ellie, but she even confronted Joel at the very end giving indication that she may have agreed to that. I don't know. I loved Ellie, but to rob the world of a possible cure seemed selfish.

Well that's my two cents on it.

Ending? That game had an ending? That is weird, I don't remember any endings with my copy. :/

Sel Nar

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 04, 2014, 10:41:49 AM
Ending? That game had an ending? That is weird, I don't remember any endings with my copy. :/

If you're going to whack a game over the head for its ending, give Rage a few short sharp kicks, because it stopped at the story's halfway point.

On to games I've been Playing and Enjoying, on the other hand: Age of Wonders 3, Bastion, Overlord 2, Red Faction: Guerilla, Nier, Dark Souls 2, and RE5 have all had turns on screen in the last month.

Zeth

I loved Overlord 2 because of the Mistresses, Minions, and the fact you punch out hippy elves and cheesy Romans.

Rejoice

If you haven't played Miami Hotline, stop what you are doing right now and go play Miami Hotline. Seriously. You will return a different person.
Transistor is also amazing.

Shjade

Quote from: Rejoice on June 04, 2014, 05:16:38 PM
You will return a different person.

While I'm sure going on a random drug-fueled killing spree would turn me into a different person, I'm not sure that's an endorsement for doing it. >.>
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

starryphantasy

We're close to 100%-ing Bravely Default.

We're in the end of chapter 6, with everyone at level 99, at least 3/4 of the jobs are complete for everyone, slowly crawling through the items and abilities.

I want to finish the game within the next week~.
Going inactive. I'm still available on F-list, Discord and BMR if we played/talked on any of those.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Sel Nar on June 04, 2014, 12:47:06 PM
If you're going to whack a game over the head for its ending, give Rage a few short sharp kicks, because it stopped at the story's halfway point.

On to games I've been Playing and Enjoying, on the other hand: Age of Wonders 3, Bastion, Overlord 2, Red Faction: Guerilla, Nier, Dark Souls 2, and RE5 have all had turns on screen in the last month.

I never really reach Rage's halfway point. I lost interest sometime after you finally get to the city or first town. I dunno, I was expecting much more from the game at the time.

Right now, I am still playing same games I mentioned posts ago, but mainly Watch Dogs since I re-hook my PS4 up.

Kevben Battleheart

I've been mostly playing Warframe or Black Light: Retribution right now, seeing as they are f2p games. Also occasionally MH3U because who doesn't love slaying giant monsters and carving them for parts to make new weapons and armor? My youngest brother is actually proving more competent than me at the last two mentioned games, taking on G-rank mission wyverns by himself online for MH3U and actually making a gun on BLR that can one shot most folk unless they get a little more armor.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Inkidu

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 04, 2014, 07:45:24 PM
I never really reach Rage's halfway point. I lost interest sometime after you finally get to the city or first town. I dunno, I was expecting much more from the game at the time.

Right now, I am still playing same games I mentioned posts ago, but mainly Watch Dogs since I re-hook my PS4 up.
Rage has pretty much put me off Id, they've lost it in my eyes.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Timeless

Played Transistor. I finished it and I'm playing it again.

;_____; Ahmygod, the feels for this game. So intense. Also, I really enjoy the battle gameplay here, and the story is actually rather interesting if one takes the time to actually explore around in the game. Just such a pretty game, beautiful soundtracks, and.. the ending! Feeeeeeeelllsss.

Rejoice

Another recommendation: I just finished Fire Emblem: Awakening today between practices. Went right into Hard. Game is fantastic.