Battle of the Sexes: Read Rules 1st

Started by Oreo, August 29, 2013, 12:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madame Professor

Hmmm, that's an interesting idea, Vill. Would definitely be a good experiment to test.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Fabjuth

Work slowed down enough I get to type in here!

Hey Midori!

I'm with Vill on the 'portions of the internet actively seek brains rather than beauty of an avatar'. I actually met my lady through an MMO when we got talking and I posed a thought experiment of mine to her (actually, the one I just threw on my intro thread... it's my favorite for a reason). She has had the best answer of anyone I've posed it to so far, which piqued my curiosity...
"Cry havoc" said he who fought chaos with chaos, "and let loose the grapes of wrath!"

Divine Tenacity

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Shewolf

I'm up for being a "test person" too, think it's worth examining.  ;)

Madame Professor

Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Queen of spades

Quote from: Shewolf on February 20, 2014, 02:00:56 PM
No, just thought I'd give the guys (and myself) a break from having to PM me all the time... saying how hot my avi is... ::)

Wow I didn't realise it was becoming that much of problem, must have been a lot of pms!  :-(

~Queen of Spades' plots and scenes ~
~Ons and Offs~
~A/A~
In private messages, feel free to call me 'C'

Vill

But, like you said Shewolf, it's probably not necessary. I was more lamenting the fact that -- where something like a writing site should be an intellectual haven -- the shortcomings of corporeal judgments still manage to interfere.

Divine Tenacity

Fabjuth

Just another day in sunny New Mexico...

I'd love to participate in testing that too... forum approval pending...
"Cry havoc" said he who fought chaos with chaos, "and let loose the grapes of wrath!"

Vill

Only if you find us intellectually stimulating, or our personalities interesting.

Shewolf

Oh come on, who doesn't want to be the hot chick or the buff guy everyone wants to do.
I guess here people can escape, taking on any shape or form they like. And ofcourse it is bound to mostly look like what the majority gets fed on tv... I mean your avi was the bad guy of a very popular series, and I can't say I didn't drool over him. :P

Jack my dear, you can PM me any time. ;)

Fabjuth

Quote from: Shewolf on February 20, 2014, 02:26:40 PM
Oh come on, who doesn't want to be the hot chick or the buff guy everyone wants to do.
I guess here people can escape, taking on any shape or form they like. And ofcourse it is bound to mostly look like what the majority gets fed on tv... I mean your avi was the bad guy of a very popular series, and I can't say I didn't drool over him. :P

I guess in a sense I'm as guilty as the next man... I've been considering potential avatars... Tossing up between taking one of myself or using Benedict Cumberbach...

Divine Tenacity

Madame Professor

The thought of using a picture of myself never once crossed my mind. I selected mine because of the feel of photo.

And it seems like Midori needs coffee.

Vill

Quote from: Shewolf on February 20, 2014, 02:26:40 PM

Yeah, I get that people want to be associated with attractive bodies. I just find the notion of people inherently associating a super model with the writer behind the screen disappointing. I realize not everyone does this, but I think we'd be lying to ourselves if there wasn't at least a subconscious conclusion drawn that they were actually sending a PM to someone hot. All I'm saying is: why approach someone based on their avatar when their thoughts are laid bare for the whole site to read? Physical attraction is the only thing we have to determine whether or not we approach someone at a bar. So, of course, when we get to a literal forum of interaction where there is an intellectual alternative: we still opt for the half naked hot chick.

/rant

Fabjuth

All you need in life is the last minute, coffee, duct tape, and WD-40. With all that, the impossible becomes merely improbable, which just means it'll take you a bit longer than normal.

JackWhite

Says a guy using a goodlooking guy as avatar.

Shewolf

Quote from: JackWhite on February 20, 2014, 02:30:26 PM
That wink!
Yeah, you felt that didn't you?
Imagined my avi winking at you...

*Produces a very fine coffee for Midori.*
Here you go my dear.  :-*

Divine Tenacity

Coffee...

Also: So what do you do if the writer behind the avi is actually that hot in real life? Just a question.

Quote from: Shewolf on February 20, 2014, 02:36:20 PM
Yeah, you felt that didn't you?
Imagined my avi winking at you...

*Produces a very fine coffee for Midori.*
Here you go my dear.  :-*

FUCK YES, GOOD COFFEE!

-kowtows to Shewolf-

I'm not worthy!

JackWhite

Now it's a bit of both though. You'd go to the own with an attractive avatar and that knows how to write, not going only for pretty avatars.

Fabjuth

Quote from: Madame Professor on February 20, 2014, 02:34:40 PM
The thought of using a picture of myself never once crossed my mind. I selected mine because of the feel of photo.

I consider it both a blessing and a curse that the internet is as anonymous as it is. Occasionally I'm in a mood to try and break that anonymity, at least as far as throwing myself out there goes.
/shrugs

Vill

Quote from: JackWhite on February 20, 2014, 02:36:10 PM

Says a guy using a goodlooking guy as avatar.

Took me a while to find what I was looking for when I started this morning's train of thought.

Shewolf

LOL, that is so awesome... I'm gonna PM you RIGHT NOW!