Realm Forging - An evil pathfinder kingdom builder game

Started by LisztesFerenc, November 26, 2018, 08:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

I've got a few ideas; A goblin wizard-thing, a hobgoblin brawler, or a lizardfolk barbarian/fighter/ranger

Basically breaking up the human monotony, maybe adding some of that solid +1 BAB / D10+ HP melee the group seems to lack  ;D

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ryu Wojin on November 30, 2018, 06:39:03 AM
I was going over it with Lisz, but if I am approved for Soul Weaver. I'd be an undead creating full caster who has good utility abilities and helps buff undead well. So your magus would prolly like me being able to aid their attack, saving throws, and ac.

Sounds good, but if fail you could be undead necromancer (create legions and buff legions). Plus undead workers are very efficient and we got mercs which bodies/dead could be used (could make it national custom like in Eberron in Karrnath that you pledge along with your life along your body as well after you die).

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 30, 2018, 06:59:05 AM
I've got a few ideas; A goblin wizard-thing, a hobgoblin brawler, or a lizardfolk barbarian/fighter/ranger

Basically breaking up the human monotony, maybe adding some of that solid +1 BAB / D10+ HP melee the group seems to lack  ;D

From those goblin wizard gets my vote and lizardfolk barbarian (as could imagine easily lizardfolk come from local area and somehow join the group).

LisztesFerenc

Goblin wizard-thing, I like  the phrasing.

I've only had one full full character concept submitted so far, so I am looking to recieve more. I will probably try and use Friday as a deadline for when I actually add the 2 new players.

Chulanowa

(I can't quite decide if I want her to be a full-on witch, or a Pact Wizard (the one from Haunted Heroes Handbook, not Familiar Folio.) Both have pretty much the same flavor, so it's just the mechanics i'm still juggling. Will probably come to a decision shortly!)

Ig Gort's short life was nearly even shorter; whether through predation or abandonment, the young gobling found herself left alone in the woods, far from any tribe. Fortunately for her, young goblins are resilient things, and she survived long enough to be found. Not by other goblins, but by a wizard hermit, Gregornius Mezzelthane. Whether through some sense of pity or curiosity or even some nefarious plans, he took the voracious little monster home with him.
   For several years, Ig was raised as something between a pet and an apprentice by the wizard. He was quite mad, due to his isolation and dabblings into darker arcane mysteries, and cared little for how his goblin carried her affairs, so long as she didn't eat his reagents or burn his books and followed instructions. Madness or no, he was an able teacher and Ig an apt pupil, and she mastered the magic of Mage Hand herself - because Gregornius often needed a third hand in his experiments.
   Unfortunately, the old wizard's shaky grasp on his own mind backfired when he began seeking answers to life's mysteries through extraplanar beings. The hut of mud and driftwood often filled with the reek of brimstone or the angry chiming of bells as he called forth beings, demanding answers to questions he barely understood, with a poor terrified goblin scribing all the answers.
   His desperation was his undoing; one misplaced rune, or an irregular circle, allowed one of the shadowy beings from beyond to slip its wards, and consume Gregornius Mezzelthane inside and out, body and soul, leaving only a dried skin behind. Terrified and desperate, Ig fell to her knees, promising the being her servitude if only she would be spared. To her amazement (and some horror) the dessicated hide of Gregornius rolled in on itself, forming a ball, and then became a creature, shapeless at first, until eventually it became the animal that would be her familiar, and bond to the being that had spared her.
   Since then, Ig has taken on the role that Gregornius once held, as the mad mage in the mud hut. Only without being mad... well, no more mad than any goblin with a possibly compromised soul might be, at any rate. Hers is the art of swamp alchemy, of strange fetishes and jabbering paeans to the spirits of dead occultists, seeking answers to questions she only half-knows.
   It was a lonely existence, but not one Ig was unfamiliar with. when one day she found a strange skeleton taking up residence in her nettle patch, it wasn't too shocking; at least not so surprising as the fact that it (sorry, "he") seemed versed in arcane theory...

Name: Ig Gort
Nicknames: ???
Sex: Barring possible otherworldly corruptions, female.
Race: barring possible otherworldly corruptions, Goblin
Class: Witch or Pact Wizard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral, with evil tendencies.
Level: 2

Description: Short and green, as goblins tend to be, Ig dresses in shabble and rags, save for a battered, singed, and stained wizard's hat that is large enough that it would swallow her head were it not for her big ears. She decorates herself with bone, bark, brass trinkets and a few charcoal tattoos, which together with her cat-slitted eyes and eternally-growing tangle of olive-black hair give her a rather pagan appearance. She's furtive and easily agitated, and usually has a lot of questions.

Connections: I think it would make sense if she had met and worked with Zaer's Skeletor dude on some level, possibly right up to the point of the kidnapping.

Zaer Darkwail

Looks pretty good, my own suggestion leaning to pact wizard (her mentor rolling up into a spellbook made from human skin in cover wise). My skelly (Skaldor) was animated in ruined village by necromancer who was 'raising a family'. Albeit all undead so far had been mindless and necromancer was mad, however Skaldor was first success on sentient undead but he had zero memory about his life. Then necromancer got hunted down by local adventurers and among them was tiefling called Haydn and they together ran off from adventurers who wanted kill Skaldor just for sake him being undead skeleton (and he did not wish to die).

Perhaps during escape Haydn and Skaldor split up and he wound up to Ig's hut and from there later joined up with Haydn. Then wound up kidnapped and go through trial in the maze etc. Or alternatively Ig is resident native in the lands where Skaldor and crew are building town in and Skaldor may get 'lost' and wound up to Ig's hut in the swamp (could roleplay encounter in own thread and narratively in main IC Skaldor disappears for a day or two before returning back with Ig).

TheHangedOne

My own two cents is that maybe Ig sensed all the magic going on, and was investigating things, and sort of just got swept up in a hasty retreat from a generic mob of torch and pitchfork wielding peasants.  >:) That, or much like the druid, she could see all the commotion going on by the beaches and be all inquisitive-like.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Ryu Wojin

I like the goblin. I think it fits along with what I'm doing too.

I can only imagine the quirky scenarios of running a town, and needing to make a caster tower specifically to keep the experimental goblin and her explosions and other wacky arcane outcomes away from the main town.

PlushLifeNow

Name: Mal'ak
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Physical Description: Malak is a tall woman, standing a good 7' 6", with a lean, muscled build. Her hair is long and thick, most of it allowed to flow free, save for the left side of her head, where it is tightly braided against her scalp. A portion of her hair in the front is dyed bright red. She wears an outfit tailored for her in the land where she had almost found peace, coloured in different shades of red, white, and black. Various jewelry adorns her person, and she has lightly coloured tattoos on her face.

History: Malak's earliest memories were of her home village burning, the men who committed the act dragging her away. Soon after, she was sold into her country's slave trade, marketed as an exotic oddity due to her abnormal sexual characteristics. During the following years of her childhood, she got swept away by the whims of debauched nobles and eccentric aristocrats, claimed as her master's new possession, forced to bend to their will in whatever form they desired. Her master would eventually tire of her, and would sell or gift her away to a new master, the cycle starting all over again.

As she reached her adolescent years, she became even more of an exotic commodity within elite society. In her puberty, she bloomed, growing to the height of most men in her fourteenth year, and becoming just as strong. Despite her monstrous growth spurt, her appearance did not turn beastly, as she grew into a gorgeous young woman. No longer a little girl with an odd anatomy, she developed into a colossal beauty, and she became a much sought after prize among nobility. It was in these years that her ever changing masters would force her into roles that no one that young should have had to fill. She was forced into obscene acts with her masters, burdened with challenges of great stress, and made to fight for her life in gladiatorial arenas, where she would kill another for the first time. All in the name of their amusement.

It was her last master that would break her. The man was rumored to be cruel and sadistic, but Mal'ak discovered firsthand that such tales were no where near as sick. She carries the scars she accrued from that man to this day. Her master had committed unspeakable acts upon her for months, up to the fated night. That night, her master had planned something especially heinous, and, being the sadist he was, proposed his plan of action to the poor girl. But the frightened cries he had craved never came. After all she went through, Mal'ak would finally snap. The shriek of breaking chains signaled off the night. In the morning, they found no survivors in her master's countryside estate. It was a massacre, and Mal'ak was nowhere to be found at the grisly scene.

It has been years since Mal'ak claimed her freedom, but something else enslaves her now. When she broke, a rage overtook her, and it follows her to this day. The fury has become a need for her, a growing thirst that can only be slaked by slaughter or soothed by sex. She has traveled many lands in search of a place where she can find peace, and has even come close once, but the calm never lasts, something always driving her back into the maelstrom. Despite her lack of success, she continues to search for her peace, for there is little else for her besides letting the rage consume her.

Hope I'm not too late to try for this! It took a couple days to get something I was satisfied with, but here she is!

Chulanowa

ChaoticSky

LisztesFerenc

I'm not sure if that's a reaction to the Mott Irrelgulars or series as a whole, since its could reasonably apply to both. I promise I only took the name (and perhaps a few more) from Book of the Fallen, nothing more.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on December 11, 2018, 02:37:05 PM
  I'm not sure if that's a reaction to the Mott Irrelgulars or series as a whole, since its could reasonably apply to both. I promise I only took the name (and perhaps a few more) from Book of the Fallen, nothing more.
I'm sure the fact one of your players is a necromancer isnt going to come up? tease

Ryu Wojin

Quote from: ChaoticSky on December 11, 2018, 08:29:41 PM
I'm sure the fact one of your players is a necromancer isnt going to come up? tease

I don't get the joke myself, but I did make fun of this group already XD

Runi

If the opportunity comes up, I would be interested in joining as well. But I know Kingmaker can get complicated fast, so there's no pressure to shoehorn another player in. Very much looking forward to reading along regardless!
"No, Hobbes, nailing a live octopus to a wall is impossible, everything else is merely difficult." ~ John Taylor

O/o