Best Friends (AAA111 & angeli)

Started by angeli, December 31, 2009, 09:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angeli

It had been four months since Tristan had been home. It was good to have the break from school and--if he admitted it only to himself--from his girlfriend Amy. Lately, she had been really clingy, and it was really cramping his style.

Tristan tossed his duffel bag onto the bed and gave his room a cursory glance. It still had all of the posters he had put up when he was in high school, and scantily-clad women competed with the rock band posters for wall space.

He smiled and grabbed his cell phone. "Back home? Wanna hang?" He sent the message to several of his friends who still lived in the area and waited to see who would response.

I want your love and I want your revenge
You and me I could write a bad romance

ONs & OFFs
Apologies & Absences [09.25.2014]

AAA111

Lauren was still at school packing a few things to head home for a week or two. Ready to get away from school and all of that for a few days. She is excited to see her family and a little excited about the chance of seeing Tristan. As she thinks about it she grabs her phone which says she got a text and she opens it to see that Tristan sent her a message. As she reads it she sighs and decides to text him back

"Not home yet so probably not" as I click send.

I continue packing thinking about going home.

angeli

Within a few minutes, Tristan had several messages. He clicked through and read a few NO's and two YES's from high school buddies he hadn't seen in months. It didn't bother Tristan that he had gotten negative responses. It was just the way of things. He noted that Lauren was one of them and realized with a start that he hadn't realized she was out of town. Haven't kept up with her much lately, he thought guiltily.

He dialed up his two friends one by one. "What's up, man? You old enough to grab some brew at the bar with me?" Soon enough he had a group of buddies who would hit the bar with him later that night.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

As she finishes packing up a few things she sits down and thinks to herself. I never ever truly thought that a girl would come between me and my best friend..but i guess it has . She calls chase on the phone and they talk for awhile about things and how she misses him now that he is home.

She wasn't able to leave yet because she is the only one of her college friends that has a friday class and a test. She gets off the phone with chase and sits there surfing around alone.

angeli

The bar was packed that night with the 20-something crowd, and Tristan had a great time hanging with his buddies. They teased and joked as guys always did, and at one point, Tristan caught himself checking out a cute blonde wearing a tight shirt and short skirt.

But he was a faithful guy, even if he was having second thoughts about his girlfriend, so he kept his hands to himself. But he did knock back quite a few brewskies.

When Friday morning dawned, Tristan was groaning and nursing a pounding headache. But there was a smile on his face as he stretched out on his bed and lazed through the morning.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

Lauren is on her way home thinking about how great it is going to be to finally be home for a few weeks. School has been stressful for her so she is excited to be heading home to do nothing.

She arrives home and starts unpacking her clothes and checks her phone for messages but she doesn't get anything.

She sits down and thinks to herself i wonder if things will ever be the way they used to be with tristan and i. He was also the closest friend she had. She would always cry on his shoulder after the break-up of a boyfriend and earlier that morning chase and her broke up. She wish that Tristan was around to do that with but he wasn't and she missed him alot. She shrugs to herself as she goes back to unpacking and settling into her room.

angeli

By 4 o'clock, Tristan felt a bit more like a human. He had downed four Tylenol pills, taken a cold shower, drunk a whole pot of coffee, and slept for a couple of hours. He was dressed in a pair of worn jeans and a Linkin Park T-shirt, trying to decide if he wanted to head to McDonald's or hit the supermarket for some groceries.

He had discovered, with some surprise, that he was a pretty decent cook. Eating ramen noodles every night during his freshman year hadn't appealed to him, and in desperation he had picked up some pans and a large cookbook over the summer. Now he was cooking regularly, which helped his pocketbook and his stomach. Grease and fat just weren't very appetizing.

"Guess it's groceries," Tristan said out loud. His stomach rumbled in agreement. Soon enough he was wandering the aisles of the local market, trying to remember where baking powder was. He planned to cook a large meal for his parents.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

Her mom and dad called her downstairs to tell her they have a list of groceries that need picked up and if she could pick up a few things from the store for them and she tells them sure of course. So she heads back upstairs sand changes into a pair of dark blue jeans and a red tshirt that says "guys are a joke". She heads out to the store.

She is wandering down all of the aisles looking for all of the items that are on the list. She is in her own little world. Thinking about so many things at once she passes a few of the items and so she has to backtrack a few different times. She thinks hmm mom and dad are working tonight so i need to pick up a few things to cook for dinner. As she continues down the aisles finding a few things to make for dinner that night.

angeli

Tristan passed by a cute girl studying a list in her slender hand. She had dark brown hair and looked vaguely familiar, and Tristan had already rolled his cart past her before he did a classic double-take and said in a voice that was full of surprise, "Lauren?!"

It had been over a year since Tristan had seen Lauren in person, their conversations usually over the phone or chat. His blue eyes ran over her body quickly, noticing how well she filled out her shirt and jeans. "You're looking great!" he said, reaching over for a quick hug.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

Lauren looks back to the sound of the voice that she immediately recognizes as Tristans. She turns around and gives him a hug

"Hey Tristan. Thanks you look good too. Hows Amy?" She asks..not really caring but trying to be a good friend. She misses him and the close relationship that they used to have.

angeli

"Oh, you know.... Amy's Amy." Tristan gave a brief shrug.

"How's school going? I feel like we haven't talked in forever." It made him feel a bit guilty that Amy had dominated his time so much.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"School is fine..Yeah it has been what a few months. Guess that is what a girl can do to a relationship" She says as she shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly. Not wanting to hurt his feelings but still wanting him to know how she feels.

angeli

Tristan winced. "Aww, Lauren, don't be like that."

He could tell she was upset, even if she didn't say so.

"Look, why don't I make it up to you?" He took a peek into her cart and saw the groceries. "How about I cook you an apology dinner? Sometime this week? Or you can come over tonight for dinner at my parents' place. I'm cooking for them."

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Tristan what do you expect me to say really? I mean you started dating this girl 6 months ago and we haven't talked in 6 months. It is life i guess. We just aren't as close as we used to be and it sucks but what ya going do you know?" I say to you

"It is fine. I don't want your sympathy. It just hurts our friendship faded because you were my best friend for so long. If you want though I guess we could get dinner or lunch this week out somewhere or whatever. Unless you have plans with the boys or Amy"

She knows she isn't as important to him as she used to be. She is a little bit jealous but she knows there is nothing that she can really do to change it.

angeli

In the face of Lauren's anger, Tristan backs away. "Okay, okay." He lifted his hands in a placating gesture. He had never been the confrontational type, and he couldn't handle dealing with the situation now. "Look, how about I call you? I'm not busy at all, we can go out for lunch later this week, Amy's not even in town with me, I gotta go, I need to start cooking soon..."

He continued to talk as he turned to get his cart. "I'll call you!" he repeated as he pushed away, forgoing all the other items he needed in his haste to get away.

Later, when he had time to think about the incident, he realized that Lauren had placed all of the blame squarely on his shoulders, and it kinda pissed him off. Didn't it take two to talk? How come she didn't call him in the past six months?

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She looks at him and she nods "Yeah that will work. I'm around all week so give me a call. And I'm sorry for blowing up on you like that. It is my fault too I could have called you. But you know me. I don't like to go somewhere where I'm not wanted and I felt like that was how Amy felt. But oh well. See ya later bud" I say as I walk away and continue my grocery shopping.

She finishes her grocery shopping and when she gets home she thinks about how mean she was to him and she thinks about how excited she is to be seeing and hanging out with her best friend again. They hadn't done it in so long and she missed it.

angeli

Tristan didn't hear Lauren's parting words in his hurry to get away. Even though they had been best friends, they weren't close anymore, and he didn't feel comfortable standing around listening to explain herself.

The idea that their relationship was screwed up due to something that he did made Tristan feel a mixture of guilt and anger. It wasn't all his fault, and he had a right to be angry as much as Lauren did.

But Tristan could never hold his anger too long. He was the type who forgave and forgot, so when he called Lauren the next day, it was mostly with a sense of reunion to be talking to the one girl he could always tell everything to.

"Hey, Lauren, how are you?"

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

As she sees his name on the caller id she smiles to herself as she answers.

"Hey Tristan. Doing good. How have you been stranger?"

I always loved the sound of his voice. His voice was always so reassuring. It was something that she absolutely adored and missed about him. She was glad to finally be talking to him again. She was hoping that maybe just maybe there friendship would change back to what it used to be.

angeli

Tristan relxed a bit when he heard Lauren's greeting. It didn't sound like she was still angry with him, which pleased him a great deal. They had been best friends for a long time, and it pained him to think that a few months without talking could damage that relationship.

He leaned back in his bed, arm propped beneath his head in the pose he always assumed when he talked on the phone. "I'm doing great," Tristan said. "Got a chance to hang with friends, cooked my parents a great dinner last nght... Now I'm talking to you. I couldn't be better."

Tristan shifted into a more comfortable position. "How are you doing?"

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

Lauren lays on her stomache on her bed as she turns off her tv to give Tristan her absolute attention. She was glad to finally be talking to her best friend after a long time of not talking.

"Aww..aren't you sweet. I'm glad to be talking to you too. I feel like it has been ages since we have talked." She says as she smiles to herself as they talk.

"I've been doing good. Just got home yesterday so just trying to relax for awhile. How are you?"

angeli

"Yeah, it's been a while since we've talked." Tristan smiled as he listened to Lauren's soft voice in his ear. He had missed this connection.

"School's going well for me. Grades should be posting in the next few days. I'm kinda scared how I did in my Chemistry class. The final was a killer." Tristan had always wanted to be a pharmacist, but now he was rethinking his major. There was too much math and science!

"How's school for you? What's your major?" They had tossed ideas around the last time they talked, but that had been so long ago.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She smiled as she listened to his voice that was always so sweet and reassuring no matter what they were talking about

"Oh geez. You'll get a 4.0. You've always been the genius out of our group of friends. You always say I think I failed and then you get the grades back and find out that you got an A. Geez just trying to outdo us all" Lauren says laughing having missed this type of connection she always had with Tristan.

"School is good..This semester was the semester from hell. I decided to go into Education. Be a teacher. I don't know see how it goes" Lauren always kind of wanted to be a teacher ever since she was little but she had a hard and tough semester so she was definitely considering changing but she wasn't exactly sure what she wanted to do yet.

angeli

Tristan shrugged, a bit embarrassed by Lauren's praise. She had more confidence than he had in himself. The semester had been rough for him, trying to balance his studies with his high-maintenance girlfriend. He wasn't so sure he was going to keep his 4.0 GPA.

He laughed at Lauren's description of her semester. "The first few are always the hardest, Lauren. And look at it this way: You don't have to take that many classes in math or science as an Education major."

Tristan knew of her interests, so her major didn't surprise him at all. "I think you'd be a great teacher. Fun and informative."

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

I smile and nod in agreement. Tristan has always found the positive in any kind of situation. That is why they get along so well and are so close

"Yeah thank god I only need like 1 of each or something. I'm horrible at them both. I had to take one of each this semester. I was so used to have you there to help me and you weren't there to help me out so that was a change but I guess we will just have to see what happens when the grades come out" She says smiling always loving everything about him. Secretly having a crush on him but never admitting it since she was afraid of messing up their friendship.

"Aww thanks. I hope so. It's something I love doing so hopefully it all works out. Thanks Tristan" She says smiling as they continue to talk.

angeli

"Well, hey, if you've taken your math and science this semester that means you're done with those two, right?" Tristan thought that sounded great for Lauren, although he was a bit worried that she took both difficult classes in one semester. It was too late now, so Tristan tried to make the best of it. Hopefully Lauren passed both classes so she wouldn't have to retake them.

"We should make a pact, Lauren," Tristan said, half-jokingly. "We have to talk to each other at least once a week, no matter what. That's what best friends are for, right?" He thought it had been a difficult year for both of them, and losing their constant contact made it worse.

"What do you say?"

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Yeah if all goes well I should be done with both math and science. But first I have to pass both in order to be fully done with math and science" I say thinking how positive and reassuring he has always been towards her. That is what she missed most about having Tristan in her life.

"Yes Yes Yes. That is the best idea you have ever had. I miss hearing your voice and telling me everything will be okay when I don't think it will be. It's been a rough semester and I missed having my best friend in the whole world right by my side. I have guy friends here but they don't really compare to the friendship me and you have T" She always used to call him T when they were younger. She doesn't think he likes it but it kind of slipped.

"I mean Tristan..sorry. So how is life treating you these days..anything new and exciting going on?"

angeli

When Lauren agreed wholeheartedly, it made Tristan's face light up with happiness. "Great! I've missed you, too!" It didn't bother him that Lauren called him "T" although he would never tell her that. She was the only one who could call him that, and it was because she was his best friend.

"Now, Lauren," Tristan said in a mock-scolding voice. "You know I'm the most boring human on the face of this earth. Nothing new and exciting happens with me. What about you? Got any guy hanging onto your every word?" The question made Tristan feel a slight pang, but he brushed it off impatiently, not wanting to think about it right now.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She laughs hysterically as he tells her that he is the most boring man on the face of this earth "Oh shut up. Your not boring at all best friend. You are super cool"

"Um I was dating this Chase guy for like a year but we broke up yesterday. So right now I'm completely single just trying to relax" She tries to tell him without showing any kind of sad emotion. She does not want him to feel bad about anything. She just wants him to be happy.

angeli

"Oh." The single word was emotionless, but inside Tristan could feel his chest tightening painfully from a complex mix of emotions. "I didn't realize you were seeing someone." It drove home the point--again--that they hadn't spoken for so long.

"Why did you break up?" His voice was gentle, letting her know silently that he was willing to listen if she wanted to talk about it.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Yeah I was seeing someone..I guess that is what happens when your best friend shuts you out" She says laughing hoping that he knows that she is just teasing him. She knows things are going to change now and she is incredibly happy to know that it is really going to happen.

"Um to be honest it was more of a "guy" thing..if you know what I mean" She says looking thinking back to how chase dumped her because she wouldn't put out for him. She was hoping that Tristan would talk her through this and make everything okay just like he always did when they were younger. She misses having that constant guy to go to that will somehow make everything seem okay when she doesn't think it will be. 

angeli

ooc: whoops! don't know why i didn't respond to this. sorry!

"Whoa whoa whoa, let's back up a second here." Tristan's voice was all indignant male. "Are you telling me that you started dating someone because we weren't talking anymore? Lauren! That makes no sense!" Tristan was shaking his head, even though she couldn't see him through the phone.

"And what's a guy thing?" He had his suspicions, but he didn't want to assume anything.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

ooc:it is not a big deal..i've done it before too!

"What? No no no. I liked the guy when I first met him. Had nothing to do with us not talking. I was just saying you didn't know I was dating anyone because we didn't talk and keep in touch" She says laughing thinking it is kind of funny that he was overreacting not sure why he was doing that.

"Right like you don't know what a guy thing is..come on Tristan" She says not wanting to be rude she knows that he knows but she thinks its sweet that he doesn't come out and say it automatically.

angeli

"No, you come on, Lauren. You can't just say 'a guy thing' and expect me to know what it is. What if I said I wasn't dating Amy anymore because of a girl thing? What would that mean to you?" They had been best friends for a long time, so Tristan knew how Lauren's mind functioned. He thought the question would prompt her to speak more freely. After all, he didn't want to name some things and have them be the wrong thing.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Tristan your my best friend and I absolutely adore you but sometimes you can be so how should i put it hmm annoying" She says laughing at him as she tells him that. She doesn't think he is annoying but she does love to tease him still after all of this time.

" A 'guy' thing means i didn't put out for him so he decided we weren't meant to be together and so he broke up with me" She tells him trying really hard not to cry but a single tear does roll down her cheek. She doesn't want to make Tristan feel bad at all for her even though she tends to feel bad for herself alot.

angeli

"Well then." Tristan let out a huff of air as Lauren explained her situation with her ex. "He's a total loser, Lauren. He didn't deserve you." He could hear the quality of her silence and knew she was upset. "Not every guy thinks about sex all the time."

He was uncomfortable with talking about sex with Lauren. This was a new situation for him; they had always been able to talk about everything under the sun. Now he was shifting on his bed, wishing he could comfort Lauren and change the subject, at the same time.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"He may be a loser but I really loved it. I miss having a constant in my life. Maybe that is why I miss him so much even after he dumped me like he did" She says to him as she shrugs.

She likes talking to Tristan and hearing his soft, sweet, caring voice. He is good at comforting her but she still wishes they could hang out but she understands that it is not going to happen anytime soon.

angeli

"You know what you need? You need a hug. How about we head to the mall, grab some food? I was supposed to treat you to lunch, right?" It was the best of both worlds. He could stop the conversation, at least for a little bit, and he could see Lauren again.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"I just need my best friend in the whole wide world but I don't want to force you into it or anything. I know you are busy and you have your own life now. I don't want to barge in and mess it up or anything" She tells him.

She is good at pushing people away even when she needs them the most. Normally it doesn't work on him though only because he has known her for so long and he knows how her mind works.

angeli

Tristan's voice was a bit sharp as he responded. "Didn't we just promise each other that we wouldn't lose contact with each other? That we would be best friends forever?" He didn't give her the chance to respond, he just continued speaking, this time more calmly. "I'll meet you at the mall in an hour, okay?"

He pressed "End" and tossed his phone onto his bed. Then he hit the shower to get ready.

In less than 50 minutes, he was in the mall at the food court ordering a large coffee from Dunkin' Donuts. He was dressed in his normal jeans and T-shirt, his wavy brown locks curling becomingly after his shower. He walked to the elevator banks, where he used to meet Lauren all the time. They may not have talked for a year, but their old habits died hard.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She sighs in a little bit of frustration and happiness knowing he is right. He always is. "Fine see you in an hour"

She presses "END" as she puts the phone on her dresser and goes to get dressed out of her pajamas into a pair of jeans and a nice red t-shirt. Logo on the shirts says" BOYS suck" and on the back "GIRLS rule".

She is always late so about 10 minutes after they are supposed to meet she shows up to the elevators. She knows he will be there because it is their spot. She loves the habits they will always have. She walks up behind him and puts her hands over his eyes wondering if he can still guess its her just because of how her hands feel on his face.

angeli

"Carla?" Tristan asked teasingly. Who else would it be but Lauren? She was always running late. He had been watching the crowds for 20 minutes, enjoying the life around him. People-watching was one of his favorite pastimes, and today was a good day for it. Lots of people in the mall window shopping and hanging out with friends.

He tugged her soft, warm fingers from his eyes. "Want some coffee?" he asked, offering her a sip of his coffee. It was already half-empty and cooling quickly. "Or do you want to eat?" He was getting hungry himself, now that food was the topic of conversation.

"And what's with that shirt?" he asked, taking in the "BOYS SUCK" slogan on the front of her red shirt.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Hey who the hell is carla??" She asks him as she hits him across the back of the head teasingly. He still has the ability to tease her but she knows he is just playing around.

"Nope still don't like coffee after all these years.Yeah I'm starving. Not sure if you are but I know I am" She says laughing as she grins at him.

"What about it? Boys do suck. Ugh jerks" She says as she sighs in frustration. Thinking he is the only guy who has not  been a complete and utter jerk to her though to a point he has by ignoring her. But he is still around so she guesses that counts.

angeli

Tristan just laughed as Lauren smacked him. They both knew there wasn't a Carla. He hooked an arm around Lauren's shoulders as they began walking toward the food court. He shortened his stride to match Lauren's steps as they meandered through the mall. "You're right," he said. "Boys do suck. We are the bane of the world." He gestured with one hand, almost hitting a middle-aged woman with his coffee cup. "Oops, sorry," he said apologetically. He gave Lauren a wink. "See? We suck."

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Still after all this time you mr tristan seem to be able to prove me wrong. Your one of the few that doesn't suck. Those it has sucked major not having you around for the past few months" She says laughing as they walk towards the food court laughing at him thinking how good he looks today.

angeli

"Well, true. But I'm not a boy, I'm a man." He meant for it to be half-joking, but it came out more seriously than he intended. He chucked the cold coffee into a nearby receptacle and tugged on Lauren's long, silken hair. "You're not gonna keep focusing on us losing touch, are you? 'Cause if you are, I'm revoking my promise!" He was teasing, of course, but he also wanted to move away from the past year and onto more positive things.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Oh yeah you sure are a man. That is why you still have those toy cars from when you were little" She says sarcastically to him as the walk towards the food court

"Nope not at all as long as you promise it won't happen again. IF it does your in trouble mister" She says sternly

angeli

"Hey!" he cried out, tugging a bit harder on her hair. He was still idly running his fingers through her silky hair. "Those cars are classic model cars, not just toy cars. They'll be worth millions in a decade or two." And he planned to hold on to them for that long, too, never mind Lauren's scorn.

"It's a two-way deal, best friend," Tristan said, not at all worried about her stern tone.

They turned the corner into the food court, and Tristan gestured grandly. "Your food palace, madame." Most of the restaurants were fast-food chains, with a few casual dining restaurants thrown into the mix.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"No way a million dollars..especially the way you used to play with them. Ramming them off the tables and into other large objects or whatever you or aka.  mr destructo used to do" She says laughing as they walk into the food court.

"Aww I love hearing you tell me that..the best friend part. I've missed hearing that"

"Oh hmm..Wendys looks great to me..what do you think tristan?" She asks looking over at him.

angeli

Tristan just laughed and gave Lauren a sideways hug. He had missed her irreverent attitude--at least in regards to him. "Wendy's it is, young miss!" He steered her toward the line. "I need like four burgers and a large Frosty." Right on cue, his stomach let out a loud rumble.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She laughs as they head towards the wendys place "I think I'lll just get a burger and a drink. I'm trying to lose some weight. You know get back to the normal me. It has been awhile since I've been there" She says as she shrugs thinking she has changed and she kind of doesn't like it. She has always been extremely self-conscious probably bc all her boyfriends never came out and told her she was pretty or anything. They always googled always girl constantly when they were out. But Tristan knows how she is.

angeli

Tristan stopped and put Lauren at arm's length, surveying her critically from head to toe. "Lauren, there is nothing wrong with you," he said. "You look normal, healthy, and perfectly fine to me. In fact, you look great!" It was the truth; Tristan had always hated the message that women got, that they needed to be stick-thin to be beautiful, Lauren was the prime example, as always trying to lose a few pounds that she didn't need to lose.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Maybe I'm healthy and maybe normal though sometimes you would beg to differ but i'm still having a little bit of fat on me. I'll get a seat while you get your food" She says as she finds a seat and sits down waiting for him. She smiles adoringly up at him trying to show him that she is fine. Put up a fake facade that she is happy when she is really kind of depressed. She is good at tricking people. Sometimes she is able to trick Tristan too.

angeli

Tristan shook his head in defeat. He understood the self-esteem issues most women had about their weight, and he never teased his mother, his sister, or his best friend about their bodies.  But no matter how much he defended them and complimented them, they always took it as false flattery and continued on their diets and weight-loss regimens. He could tell that Lauren was upset--that faked smile told him more than she was voicing.

But he moved away, quickly ordering the burger and drink that she wanted as well as food for him: two burgers, a large order of fries, and a large Frosty. He came back to the table with a full tray and picked up the conversation as if he had never left. "I want to see where this so-called fat is," he said, setting down the tray in the center of the table. "I don't see fat anywhere on you!"

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She laughs at him as he sits down. "Well right here to be exact" She says pointing to the skin underneath her neck where really it is non-existent but she thinks there is

"I was just wondering why did you stop answering my texts when I wanted to hang out with you. I know I know I said I would stop nagging but it is something that has been bothering me for awhile. I just need to know" She says smiling up at him. Giving him that puppy dog smile that normally wins him over.

angeli

OOC: really sorry for the delay. been busy at work!!!!!! I hope you want to continue!!

Tristan immediately dug into his food with enthusiasm, mentally making note not to tease Lauren about her neck. He couldn't spot any fat there, but he knew how sensitive women could be about their bodies.

He took a big bite of his sandwich and looked at Lauren, noticing the puppy-dog smile that always made him smile back. "You know I have other things going on right now, Lauren. With Amy and all..." His voice trailed off as he mentioned his girlfriend.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

OOC: Oh but of course I would LOVE to continue..if you are still up for it? :-)

She looks up at him and shrugs "Yeah I guess all that is more important than your so called best friend" She says sarcastically. She really misses Tristan and she really doesn't know what to say to him. She takes a small bite out of burger and a small sip of her drink. She is very frustrated and kind of sad at the same time. He knows when she is not being herself at all.

angeli

OOC: Of course! Thanks for the WB.

Tristan was getting angry himself. "Look, Lauren, you need to snap out of this. We've said several times already that we weren't going to harp on this past year and how we haven't been talking, but you seem to keep going back to it." He could tell that she wasn't herself, but he was also tired of being treated like the bad guy all the time. It wasn't as if she had been blowing up his phone with messages. She had sent one or two and then stopped texting him. Not that that was an excuse, and he wasn't saying that aloud.

"If you're going to act like a little girl, then I'm going to head home. You can go home and sulk, and we can talk later." He finished the last bite of his burger. Although he was frustrated with her attitude, he could still worry. She hadn't eaten anything, and she looked miserable as hell. But sometimes, Lauren needed some tough love, and this was one of those times.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She looks at him in complete awe. He hasn't ever really talked to her like that before and it kind of surprises her. "I wasn't harping on it..you were talking about how you have other important things going on in your life. I took that as meaning you won't have much time for me know a days. I'm not a baby either. And I did text you a couple times and i got a text back from you saying that you think it would be better if we weren't friends anymore so that is why I ignored you." She shrugs as she takes a bite of her burger. She has been really depressed since her and Tristan stopped talking.

angeli

"Well, I'm going to make time for you," Tristan said, his anger gone as abruptly as it had come. "That was the promise, right?" His brow crinkled in confusion. "And what do you mean, I said we shouldn't be friends? Why would I ever say that?" He only remembered getting one, maybe two texts from Lauren in the past year. Yeah, he had told her he was busy at the time, but he wouldn't say that they shouldn't be friends.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She looks at him and smiles "Good. It has been so rough not having talked to you in the past few months. Utter torture actually" She says laughing. She grabs her phone and fumbles through all the text messages in her inbox until she gets to the text that he sent her saying they shouldn't be friend. "It is right here. See" She says handing him her phone so he can see that it is there.

angeli

Tristan might have been able to pass off Lauren's comments as exaggeration, but when she showed him the text message, there was no denying the fact that the message had come from his phone. But he hadn't written it.

Tristan could feel a sinking sensation in his stomach. Did this explain Amy's unwarranted jealousy toward Lauren? He had barely mentioned his best friend to his girlfriend, but she had always sounded so... well, bitchy... about the topic of best friends in general and Lauren in particular.

His voice was soft when he returned Lauren's phone. "I didn't write that. I'm sorry that the message caused you so much pain." Now he understood why Lauren was acting the way she was. With a message like that, she had to be wondering about his intentions.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She looks at him. "You didn't send that? I mean it came from your phone. I thought you wanted me out of your life forever. I mean I never heard back from you after that so I just figured it was true and you didn't want to be friends anymore. It hurt alot and so I guess that's why I never came home. I was too scared of seeing you and knowing that you weren't my best friend anymore. I thought maybe I did something wrong. Normally I do." She says as a single tear runs down the side of her face. She wipes it away hoping he didn't see it. But in the back of her head she knows he probably did. She hates being so babyish in front of him.

angeli

"No, I didn't send that." Tristan's voice was decisive and sincere. He had an idea of how that message had been sent to Lauren, but it wasn't from him. When Lauren began to pour out her feelings, Tristan felt the weight of guilt settle onto his shoulders. He walked around the tiny table and pulled a chair closer to his best friend. When she wiped away the tear from her cheek, Tristan turned her face toward him. "I'm sorry," he said, giving her a tight hug. "No wonder you've been asking me about our relationship." Then he leaned back and gave her a stern look. "But don't say that you did something wrong. You don't 'normally' do things wrong. Why do you always put yourself down like that?" He gave her another hug, letting her lean her head on his shoulder. "This is my fault. I'm going to fix it later."

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She leans her head against him resting on his shoulder. She loves how he has always made her feel better. He is the only person who ever will be able to do that for her. She looks up at him "Because it is true. I'm obviously the one who is alone so obviously I did something wrong. And you are the best friend I have ever had. I think that is why it hurt so much when I got that text. I thought maybe I made you mad at me or something. What are you gonna do?" She asks as she looks up at him.

She has always had sort of a little crush on him but she would never ever admit it to anyone including Tristan.

AAA111

P.S. It is WONDERFUL that you are back..I've missed this roleplay. I'm having a ball with it..Hope you are too! :-)

angeli

OOC: I'm having a great time! It's good to be back!

"You know what? I'm going to apologize every five minutes until all of the hurt inside of you goes away. Because all of this is my fault. You can't take the blame for it. It had nothing to do with you. And I didn't have you, either, so how can you say that I wasn't alone?" Amy didn't count--he had never considered her his best friend.

Abruptly, Tristan realized that he had always felt that way about Amy, no matter how much wheedling and whining she had done. And now, he knew why. Because his best friend was sitting right here, and it felt right. Regardless of what Amy had done to try to destroy their relationship, at least they had found each other again.

He was already scripting out what he would say to Amy later. "Don't worry about that, kiddo. I'll take care of it." He hugged her tight and said, "I'm sorry." There was a smile on his face.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She looks up at him and smiles "You weren't alone..you had someone else in your life to keep you grounded and normal. You have Amy. I don't have that Tristan. I wish I did but I don't." She says as she shrugs looking up at him. She has missed her best friend so much that she just puts her arms around him as she rests her head on his shoulder. They have always been super close. Sometimes a little too close according to other people. Everyone thought they dated or should be dating. They complemented each other but it never happened. She couldn't admit to anyone how she really felt about Tristan.

She looks up at him "Just don't do something you will regret mister" I say smiling at you. Finally happy for once in a long time.

angeli

Tristan almost let out a snort at Lauren's words. Grounded? Normal? AMY?! Not likely. The girl was High-Maintenance with capital letters. They had good times, sure, but if there was a temper waiting to explode at the littlest thing, that was Amy. He had always been on his toes around her, keeping her happy. It had been an emotional rollercoaster, and now that Lauren was forcing him to see their relationship based on these text messages that he had never sent, he was seeing Amy in a completely different light.

Tristan's hand began stroking Lauren's hair as she leaned against him. "The only thing I regret is that we lost each other." He had never thought about Lauren as anything more than his best friend--a little sister, maybe. But it just felt so right for them to be together again, reunited after a year apart. It seemed like they were picking up where they left off, no hitch in their stride.

"Did I say 'I'm sorry' yet?" Tristan asked with a grin.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She looks up at him and laughs "Yeah only for about the millionth time. I should have contacted you. It is my fault" She says as she begins to blame herself again. "You have a new life now I don't have to be a part of that. Maybe we did grow apart" She tells him. She is always trying to push people away when she needs them the most. She just doesn't think she deserves to be happy. For some reason Tristan is the ONLY PERSON who knows her inside and out. Not even her parents know her that well. The bond her and Tristan have is super close.

angeli

"Nope," Tristan said lazily. "I'm the one who didn't contact you. So it's my fault, and you can't claim that you did something wrong." His hands continued to move against her hair, enjoying the silky strands as they spoke. "If we grew apart, then what are we doing here now? It seems that we are getting along great just like we always did. We didn't grow apart." That was all reasonable enough. Sometimes Lauren frustrated him so much--she always took everything to heart, and the little things hurt her more than it should have. He didn't know how to break her out of it except to keep repeating him and hope that she would eventually hear him. He knew, deep down, that he was the only confidante she had. he guilt of leaving her was almost eating him alive.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She smiles up at him. "You are the best Tristan. You are the best friend I've ever had. I've been so lonely and alone for the past few months without you. I shouldn't tell you that. I don't want to make you feel bad." She says smiling as her rests her head against him. He always seems to make her feel better. He is always so good with his words. She sighs trying to just be happy knowing that she finally has her best friend back.

She looks up at him and tells him "Thanks. Mom was asking what happened to you. She says she missed seeing me happy and seeing you around the house. SHe missed you too"

angeli

"Well, I already feel bad, so I guess it's okay. I'd rather you told me all of this anyway." And that was the complete truth. It had taken a bit of digging, but now that he knew what had REALLY happened, he planned to take steps to fix it.

Lauren's weight against his shoulder felt so nice. He had missed it, too, he realized. Luckily, his best friend's voice interrupted his train of thought, and Tristan smiled a bit ruefully.

"I think that's an invitation," he announced. With a quick glance at her face, he asked a bit tentatively, "How about I come over and cook you and your family a big dinner tonight?" He still remembered how she had shot him down yesterday.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She smiles up at him as she tells him "Yeah I would love that. Mom and Dad were gonna make me cook but I'm sure that would much rather have you cook and well I kind of would too. I want you back in my life again" She tells him. Just then her phone rings and she tells Tristan. "Sorry let me gets this"

"Um hi what do you want?"
"Shut up we aren't dating anymore. So why don't you leave me alone."
"None of your business what I'm doing"
"I put up with your shit for so long Chase."
"Yes I'm hanging out with Tristan"
"God your such an asshole. FUck off"
"No I'm not leaving. I don't owe you a damn thing"
"Wow your really gonna pull that"
"I'm done..bye"

she slams her phone down in annoyance. He basically told her he wanted her back but she doesn't want him back. He basically thinks that Tristan and her are hooking up and she got pissed and threw her phone at the floor and it broke in a million pieces. She puts her hands in her face and starts to ball.

angeli

At first, Tristan politely didn't listen in on Lauren's conversation, but after Lauren's voice begins rising in anger, Tristan looked at her in concern. He caught a name--Chase--so he easily made the connection to Lauren's ex. When Lauren slammed her phone to the floor in a fit of anger, he stares in shock. He had never seen Lauren get that angry! Normally she kept thing inside, but she definitely was venting this time around.

Some people were looking at them strangely as they walked past the scattered remains of Lauren's phone. Tristan glared at them and pulled Lauren into his shoulder, so they wouldn't be watching her crying her eyes out. He didn't say anything, just patted her on the back as his T-shirt got soaked with moisture.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She continues to cry into his shoulder "God I hate him..He was saying crap that he was stupid to leave me and that I was probably with you hooking up with you and that I was a slut and all this other stuff. God maybe I do deserve to be alone forever"

She leans her face into his chest not wanting to look anywhere else. Just wanting to feel safe. She is always felt safe when she was in Tristan's arms.

angeli

"What an idiot!" Tristan said. He wanted to say something harsher, but he also didn't want to offend Lauren. Not while she was crying her ears out, anyway. "How can he want you back but call you a 'slut' at the same time? The guy's an asshole." Okay, so he ended up saying them anyway.

Tristan felt a tiny fluttering--alarm? flattery? some other unameable emotion?--when Lauren mentioned that they were hooking up. Him and Lauren? He didn't know what to make of that, so he just said quiet on that topic, consoling Lauren with quiet words.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She sighed. "Maybe he is an asshole but he was a constant in my life. You know me and how much I love having something constant in my life. Maybe I should go back. I don't know what else to do" I say as I shrug my shoulders.

She looks up at him "IF only I could find a guy like you. You are truly Mr. Perfect" I say grinning.

angeli

Tristan tugged her away from his shoulder to give her an incredulous look. "Go back? After you broke your phone and sobbed your heart out because he's an asshole? That's like saying... like saying..." It took him a while to come up with a good analogy, but finally he said, "That's like saying you're going to wear the same shirt day in and day out even though it's the most hideous shirt in the world, just because it's the same one and you're comfortable with it." He wanted to shake her, get her to see reason. She was starting to talk nonsense. Like... "Mr. Perfect? I don't think so!"

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

I smile up at you "Yes you are Mr. Perfect. You are um sweet, gentle, loving, and pretty much the most amazing person ever. And to top it all off your my best friend. I'm so luckY" I say grinning at you. I lean my head back on your shoulder "Plus did I mention that you ALWAYS make me feel better. I just wish I had someone like that ya know" I shrug

angeli

It was hard to say something after that. Tristan could feel his cheeks heating up at Lauren's praise. He ducked his head a bit and didn't respond except to say, "Aw, Lauren, you have me now." He knew what she meant, though. She wanted a boyfiend like him--and it gave him a weird feeling to think about Lauren and someone-like-him together.

So he pulled her closer for a quick hug, then stood up slowly to pick up the broken cell phone pieces. "Let's head out," he said, changing the subject. "I need to shop for a few items for the dinner. Speaking of, do you need to call your parents and let them know I'm coming over tonight?"

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Nope. I told them when you told me when talked and they are super excited to see you. They have been gabbing about it all week. Tristan this and Tristan that. It is annoying." She says teasing him but in the back of her mind she doesn't care that his name comes up so often.

I get up and wait for you as I give you a wide smile.

angeli

"Okay, great!" Tristan was a bit surprised that Lauren had mentioned him to her parents--after all, their last meeting had gone quite as well as he would have wanted. But it gave him a nice feeling to  know that her parents were looking forward to seeing him.

He rose as well and pulled Lauren in for another quick hug. "How about I hit the grocery store for everything I need, then meet you at your house in about two hours? Sound okay?"

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She thinks back t o her parents and how they talked about Tristan and about how they wish that the two of us would date because we fit together so perfectly. I smile thinking about it and how it would be the first time ever that my parents would be accepting. She would never mention anything like that to Tristan though.

"Yeah that sounds like a plan to me. Your such a sweetie. I owe you but not dinner because you've seen me cook before" She says as she gives him a hug and smiles at him.

angeli

OOC: Hope you don't mind if I fast-forward the game a bit.

Tristan shuddered in mock revulsion. "The last time you tried to poison me! It was all burned garlic bread and sticky pasta." Lauren's attempt at spaghetti had not gone well, to say the least.

"Meet you at your place in an hour." Tristan dropped a light kiss on her forehead, then started walking away. His mind was already working out the menu for tonight's dinner.

--

In a little over an hour, there was a knock on Lauren's door. "Pizza delivery!" Tristan yelled through the door.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

OCC: Nope not at all. Thanks :-)

Lauren looks at him in complete shock "Hey Hey why would I try to poison you. I wasn't poisoning you. I was making you the best dinner ever for you duh" I say laughing as you give me a kiss on the forehead. I get in my car and head back to my house to get ready for tonight.

--
I answer the door laughing "Hey look at the nice and friendly delivery guy. Sorry I don't have anything to pay you" Lauren says laughing as she looks at him and moves aside for him to come in. She is wearing a pair of sweatpants an a blue t-shirt that she gave him a few years ago.

angeli

OOC: =) I named your mama. If you want a different name, let me know and I'll change it.

Tristan was loaded down with a few grocery bags and he groaned at Lauren's retort. "What? No payment? Then I'm gonna have to take all of this food back to the store!" He dropped everything gently on the kitchen table with a sigh of relief, then bounded over to Lauren's mom for a big hug. "Hi, Ms. Julie!" He placed a loud smack on her cheeks.

She giggled with delight and slapped him on the shoulder. He gave her a bright smile and started pulling everything out of the bags. "I'm gonna make my world-famous pan-seared tilapia. You're gonna die when you taste this."

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

OCC: No it is fine. Works for me!

"I am giving you payment. My friendship duh" I say grinning at you as you walk into the house.

I'm sitting down at the kitchen table as you talk to my mom and I'm grinning wide. Glad to have Tristan back in the house again. Mom and Dad haven't been this happy around their daughter's friends since Tristan left.

"Mmm that sounds good. But I'd rather not die. I would rather be with my best friend" I say grinning at you.

angeli

"What?" He thought back to what he said, then grinned sheepishly. "Oh, my bad. Not the best word choice. Not everyone's cooking can literally kill someone." Tristan gave Lauren's mom a wink. "Did you hear about that one time Lauren tried to cook me a dinner, and she burned the spaghetti noodles?"

Ms. Julie laughed and gave her daughter a fond look. "She might not be able to cook, but if she can find someone who can cook for her...." She trailed off, lifting her eyebrows significantly as she looked from her daughter to Tristan.

Tristan was oblivious to the silent exchange, pulling out pots and pans from the hanging rack. He was quite comfortable in Lauren's kitchen, having spent hours in high school around the large island with a snack Ms. Julie had prepared for them. Everything was always immaculately clean and in its proper place, so he had no problems locating everything he needed.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

I look at you "Hey Hey what is it gang up on Lauren night or something" I say giving you an annoyed look.

I look at my mother. "Mom shut up. Stop that." I start to blush a bright red in color as I look away trying not to look straight at Tristan in case he wonders why her face is all red. Sits there quietly. Normally she isn't quiet but for some reason she is really quiet tonight.

She watches Tristan as he begins to cook their dinner.

angeli

A large pot of water went on the stove to boil. Tristan hummed as he chopped up vegetables for his medley, not noticing how quiet it had gotten in the kitchen. Usually he worked by himself in the kitchen, and he was so focused that other things--conversation, distractions, anything--settled into the dim background. Amy had hated that.

Lauren's mom dropped a kiss on the top of Lauren's head before disappearing, chuckling to herself. Her daughter thought she was hiding her feelings well, but to her mother, the love Lauren had for Tristan was obvious. She had hope that they would finally get together.

Tristan dumped rice into the pot with a floruish, then sat down. "We'll be done in less than an hour," he told Lauren. "Hey, where's your mom?"

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She looks at Tristan as he is cooking dinner. Thinking how cute he looks making her family dinner and thinking to how he really is a good guy. She wishes she could tell him how she really feels but he has a girlfriend and plus, more importantly, it would probably ruin the best friendship she has ever had.

I nod. "Um Mom was tired so she went to lay down for a little bit" I say playing with my hands like I do when I get nervous. Suddenly becoming nervous around Tristan.

angeli

Tristan's forehead wrinkled up in confusion as he watched Lauren fiddling with her hands. She only did that when she was nervous. Thinking that she wanted to tell him something, Tristan put one large palm over her hands to stop the nervous movements. "Lauren, what's wrong?"

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

Lauren looks at him and shakes her head and puts a smile on her face "Nothing at all. I'm good. Thanks again for all of this. You are pretty amazing to come over here and cook dinner for my parents and myself. It means a lot to me. I'm sorry I gave you such a hard time about everything you really are a good guy"

She smiles up at him giving him a fake smile. She looks at him thinking that she can't tell him how she really feels until she knows he is single. She would never try anything with a guy who is in a relationship. That is just not the kind of person that she wants to be even if she is in love with that guy.

angeli

"Hm, okay." Tristan could tell that Lauren was hiding something, but he didn't want to push her. Not after what happened at the mall, with the text messages and Chase's phone call.

"Yeah, I really like to cook," he said. He sensed that Lauren's words weren't what she wanted to say, but he went with the topic anyway. "I've been thinking about going back to study culinary arts. It just sounds fun, and then maybe I can open my own restaurant or something." He began preparing the fish, timing everything to a nicety as he moved around the stove.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She goes to find some paper. In the living room she sits down and begins to write a note to Tristan. She figures that this is the only way she can get her feelings out. She is shaking and really scared about what he will say or do. She is too scared to actually tell him how she feels. She begins writing the letter.

Dear Tristan,
I know I've been acting weird lately and I'm hoping that this small letter will explain why I've been feeling and acting the way that I have been acting. For at least 3 years now I have had a crush on you. I know we have been best friends since we were both 4 but once you grew up (mostly your senior year of high school) I began to look at you in a different way. You were always like my big brother to me but then that changed. I looked at you and saw this really cute, sweet, good-looking guy. So I guess that is why I always was dating someone so that I would in a way not think about the way I feel for you. I like you and not in the best friend way. Well I like you as my best friend but I like you as in LIKE YOU. My mom knows all this too that is kind of why she left. I needed you to know how I was feeling and why I am acting so weird. I know you have a girlfriend but I just needed you to know how I felt. I blame myself for all of this if I ruin your relationship and/or friendship.
-Lauren

I come back into the kitchen "I need to go lay down for a bit. I'm tired. If you need anything or whenever dinner is ready you can come get me please" I say as I put the note on the table and head upstairs. Not wanting to be in the same room when he reads it. A little nervous about how it will turn up.

angeli

Tristan nodded, so distracted by his dinner preparations that he didn't even notice that she had left once again. When Lauren left, the kitchen was quiet, but that didn't bother Tristan at all. Finally, when everything was on the stove cooking, he took a quick break to rest and noticed the paper on the table. With his attentions elsewhere, he wondered how that had gotten there.

He recognized Lauren's handwriting and picked it up to read. He felt his stomach lurch as he read through the letter twice. His heart was thumping madly, and he could feel himself grow hot, then cold. Butterflies began fluttering in the pit of his stomach. In truth, he wasn't sure what he was feeling.

But he knew that he had to do something immediately. He walked out of the kitchen, into the front yard where no one could hear him. Five minutes later, he came back inside. All of the food was done, and he bustled around setting everything onto plates for dinner.

Then he went to the bottom of the stairs and called up to Lauren and her parents. "Dinner is ready!"

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

Lauren is sitting upstairs in her room looking at the window into her backyard shaking really worried about what Tristan is going to say after she reads the letter. She is feeling awkward as she hears Tristan call everyone down for dinner. Lauren comes downstairs and sits down at the kitchen table waiting for everyone else to arrive.

She sits there quietly shaking and very nervous. Not sure what to do or even what to say. Worried about what Tristan will have to say after reading the letter.

angeli

Lauren was the first one to come down, much to Tristan's relief. As she sat down, Tristan bent over her shoulder, whispering in her ear, "Can we talk? After dinner?" He could tell she was nervous about the letter, understandably so. How would he feel pouring out his feelings on paper like that?

So he gave her a reassuring smile and kissed her cheek, letting his lips linger a bit, before he moved to his own chair.

When Lauren's parents came down, everyone began eating. If her parents noticed that the two kids were more subdued than normal, they didn't comment on it. The conversation was light and friendly, mostly about the past year and how Tristan had been doing and where he had learned to cook so well.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

Lauren nods at him letting him know that yeah they can talk after dinner. "Mom and Dad are going out to a movie later tonight so we will have time to talk" She tells him but still kind of worried that it could be a bad thing to be home alone with him.

She eats her food giving both of her parents and Tristan a fake smile. She is super worried about everything that is going to happen. She can fool her parents with her fake smile but not Tristan. They keep the converstation going about life and everything.

At the end of the dinner Lauren's parents get up and tell Tristan "Thank you for dinner. We will clean up. You made an amazing dinner so we owe you this. You two go and hang out and have fun." They say. Lauren sits across the table from him and gives a fake smile again.

angeli

Tristan gave Lauren's parents a nod and grin of thanks. "You guys are great!" He leapt up and gave Ms. Julie a kiss of the cheeks, then shook Mr. Ryan's hand. "Enjoy your movie tonight."

Then he walked over to Lauren and tugged her out of the chair. "C'mon, Lauren," he said softly. "Let's go to your room to talk." He had the note from Lauren burning in his back pocket, and he was anxious to get everything ironed out between them.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Thanks Mom and Dad" Lauren says to her parents as her mother winks at her and Lauren just laughs as she leads Tristan up to her bedroom.

When she gets up to her bedroom she sits down at her desk. She swivels her chair so that it is facing in the bed in case he wants to sit her on her bed. She is very anxious and very nervous to talk to Tristan about everything. She is hoping that this conversation or the letter does not ruin their friendship. She adores Tristan and she can't afford to lose his friendship again.

angeli

The bed was just too... too much for him, so Tristan grabbed a large pillow from the bed and settled onto the floor. He wrapped his arms around his bent knee and looked at Lauren. "So." He was quiet for a moment, then he said, "I'm glad you wrote me that letter." His voice was neutral and calm, and he was trying to control the nervousness he felt.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

Lauren looks down at him and nods. "I just needed to get it out there. It has been bugging me for so long and I just needed to tell you. My mom knows all about it too and she has been telling me to get it out and I'll feel better. She was right" I say giving Tristan a small grin.

angeli

"Okay," Tristan nodded, relieved that Lauren felt better. But now he was nervous enough for both of them. He rubbed his hands against the denim of his jeans and licked his lips. "Ah, well..." He had grown up around women all of his life, but now he was at a loss on how to handle this situation.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

She nods as she looks down and says "Um yeah." Lauren looks down nervously not exactly sure what to say to Tristan. Not sure how to handle anything. She always counted on him to start off things she was also very very shy especially around guys. She looks up at him noticing how cute he looks today. Wanting to kiss him but knowing that she can't.

angeli

"Well, isn't this awkward..." Tristan said. He gave Lauren a crooked smile and shook his dark head. "Look, I guess we shouldn't be so... weird... around each other." He rubbed his sweaty palms against his jeans again. He kinda felt like he was babbling, but it was better than the tense silence. "Just so you know, I... I called Amy before dinner and broke up with her." He could feel the sweat beading on his forehead as he awaited Lauren's reaction to that bombshell.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

"Yeah just a little awkward..and I know I shouldn't have said anything. It was a mistake. Just forget I said anything." I say as I look up at you and then look straight down.

"WHAT??!!! WHY?? Not because of me " She says as she looks at him completely freaking out thinking that she broke up a relationship.

angeli

That wasn't exactly the type of reaction he had expected. He didn't know what to expect, but he didn't think complete shock was a good sign. "Noooooooo..." he said slowly. "I had planned to break up with her because of those text messages you showed me. I mean, who else could have gotten hold of my phone and sent those messages to you? It had to be her." He shrugged. "She admitted to it, too."

Lauren had said forget about the letter, but it was something that--once said--couldn't be taken back. Their relationship had changed because of that letter, and he wasn't sure what to do or how to fix things again so they would be comfortable with each other. This was even worse than the year-long silence they had just broken. And in a way, it was better, too, although Tristan couldn't pinpoint exactly why it was better.

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

Lauren looks at Tristan. "Tristan I don't know what to do or even what to say. I'm scared that I completely ruined this friendship that we have. I'm worried that we won't ever be comfortable around each other again. I just want to have my best friend back. Please don't be mad at me" She says as a few tears fall down her face.

She has liked Tristan for awhile and she wonders if maybe she shouldn't have said anything. She turns away from him not wanting to look at him and seeing if he is disappointed or not.

AAA111

(This is a side-note. I was wondering if you would by chance want to create a new roleplay. I was thinking it could be a long distance relationship type scene or something alone those lines. I wanted to do it in addition to this one. I know two at once may be a lot but I REALLY enjoy roleplaying with you. I've never done a long distance relationship one even though i've always wanted to. You seem like the perfect person to do it with..Hopefully you say yes!!..if so I can set it up tonight :-) )

angeli

(You can go ahead and set it up. Thanks for thinking of me! I normally don't play two scenes with the same person--gets a bit confusing--but I think it should be fine in this case. And I have about 25 threads going on right now, so one more isn't a problem. >.>)

Tristan rose from his spot on the floor and wrapped an arm around Lauren's shoulder as she began to cry. He had never been able to say no to a crying woman. "The way I see it is, we'll be a little awkward for a little while, right? It's always weird starting a new relationship anyway, and starting one with your best friend is even weirder."

Even as he spoke, he realized that he had subconsciously made the decision to pursue a relationship with Lauren. They had always been there for each other, knew each other so well.... 

He put a finger underneath her chin and turned her to face him. There was a small smile on his face as he spoke. "But what if... what if I feel the same way about you?" Then he kissed her.

(OOC: Aww... *tears*)

ONs & OFFs

AAA111

(Sounds good I will set it up for us)

She looks down at him as he kisses her. She is in complete shock and then she gives a wide smile to him. She loved his kiss and the way that he kissed her. Thinking it was just perfect.

"Well you don't because if you did feel the same then you would have told me sooner..so what are you trying to pull mister?" She says teasing him as she looks down at him. She shakes her head thinking that things like this do not happen to her so she is believing that it could not happen to her ever.

AAA111

(I know you had said you had lots of posts so I was just wondering if you were done with this rp and the other rp or just been busy. Wasn't sure).