Dungeon Overlords vs Adventurers! (Dungeonbuilding, 5e D&D, NC-Exotic)

Started by Aenon, November 16, 2018, 07:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

We used to have a druid so you'd be a rare commodity if you were one. ^_^

Alicolyn

Think I'll make a paladin, I have a build and personality in mind 🤔

Kathyan

Yes I think we are heavy on humans, elves and tieflings... but don't let that affect your choice Kitten, go ahead and get wild. You too Alicolyn.

Still I think I'll make a comprehensive list of adventurers for reference. ::)

Alicolyn

Niade Bastion

Personality:Niade is very aggressive, both sexually and in battle. She loves to be in the thick of the fight. She doesn't understand the idea of stealth and prefers to go in steel flashing through the air. Her sense of adventure keeps her busy and is never in one place for too long. She's very freindly, but as more of a comrade rather than being plainly nice. She loves good drink, good food, good company, a good fight, and good fuck. She's not your typical paladin or agent of good.

Backstory: Niade was sailor of the high seas who was shipwrecked by pirates and was marooned on an island for several months. She became desperate and began praying to the god of the sea, Procan. After several days of this, a small boat washed ashore and thanked Procan for his blessing and decided to dedicate her life to serving him. She still takes up the sword as was her way of life until that event, but now does so for a divine agenda, in service to her diety.
Class/Level: Paladin/1
Race: Variant Human
Background: Sailor
Initiative: +3
AC: 17 HP: 13/13
P. Perception: 11 P. Investigation: 10
STR: +2 (14) DEX: +3 (16) CON:+3 (16)  INT:-1 (8)  WIS:-1 (8)  CHA:+0 (10)

Saving Throws: Wisdom and Charisma
Skills: Intimidation, Insight, Athletics, Perception, Acrobatics
Tool Proficiencies: navigator's tools and water vehicles.
Languages: Common, Thief's cant.

Background Features
SHIP'S PASSAGE: When you need to, you can secure free passage on a sailing ship for yourself and your adventuring companions. You might sail on the ship you served on, or another ship you have good relations with (perhaps one captained by a former crewmate). Because you're calling in a favor, you can't be certain of a schedule or route that will meet your every need. Your DM will determine how long it takes to get where you need to go. In return for your free passage, you and your companions are expected to assist the crew during the voyage.

Race Features
You gain a +1 bonus to AC while you are wielding a separate melee weapon in each hand.

• You can use two-weapon fighting even when the one handed melee weapons you are wielding aren’t light.

• You can draw or stow two one-handed weapons when you would normally be able to draw or stow only one.

Class Features
Divine Sense
The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier. When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.

Lay on Hands
Your blessed touch can heal wounds. You have a pool of healing power that replenishes when you take a long rest. With that pool, you can restore a total number of hit points equal to your paladin level × 5.

As an action, you can touch a creature and draw power from the pool to restore a number of hit points to that creature, up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool.

Alternatively, you can expend 5 hit points from your pool of healing to cure the target of one disease or neutralize one poison affecting it. You can cure multiple diseases and neutralize multiple poisons with a single use of Lay on Hands, expending hit points separately for each one.

This feature has no effect on undead and constructs.

Feats/Ability Score Increases
Variant feat, see Racial Features.

Equipment
- Two Rapiers
-short sword
-explorer's pack
-chain mail
-amulet with a metal buckle that was found on the ship that saved her. (She uses this as a holy symbol.)

Spells

Spells Known
Cantrips
-
-

1st Level X/X
-
-

2nd Level X/X
-
-

Kathyan

I see that you have noted down chain shirt but have calculated AC as chain mail, as flavor that's fine but could you specify that? :)

She should also be carrying rope, a belaying pin and a simple weapon but I won't force you to take them if you don't want them. :P

And you are missing a skill from variant human.

Alicolyn

My apologies, it's supposed to be chain mail. And ya I didn't want to put those little things, but I did put a shortsword for the simple weapon.

I made the changes, It should be good now.

Kathyan

Ok, that's fine. Also I was assuming you bought the shortsword but the coins from your background.

Anyway approved, you can go ahead and post her in the approved thread.

mjrbatou

almost have a druid...wild elf, but hey, I like elves.  Also a human cleric but I don't have access to the darker/evil domains (PHB only has the 'good' aligned domains available) so she's on hold for now.

Alicolyn

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 05, 2019, 12:52:29 AM
I was thinking a Druid? And does it matter what race?

You can be whatever your muse wants Curvykins!!
The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Wicked Vixen on September 05, 2019, 03:32:06 PM

You can be whatever your muse wants Curvykins!!

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 05, 2019, 02:23:24 AM
I don't think we have a druid yet! And as for races, I'm prettuy certain all published playable races are fair game; we're kinda heavy on tieflings, humans, and elves, I think?

Sweet, I didn't see one so I thought it be fun. I have other ideas but I think starting at one is best. My muse is evil as of late so I don't want to over do it.

I was thinking of playing something beyond the base races. Would that be ok? And how do I work out the stats for it?

Kathyan

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 05, 2019, 04:11:46 PM
Sweet, I didn't see one so I thought it be fun. I have other ideas but I think starting at one is best. My muse is evil as of late so I don't want to over do it.

I was thinking of playing something beyond the base races. Would that be ok? And how do I work out the stats for it?
Sure, that's fine.

And yes you can use any race you want but if its not a published one you will need to get it approved first. For stats you can either use standard point buy or roll 4d6 drop lowest six times

Wicked Vixen

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 05, 2019, 04:11:46 PM

https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/builder#/

This is a good place to help make your sheets. If you want help at what stats you should make your highest and lowest. There are some good players here or sites that can guide you or help give you the best stats possible for that class.
The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Roman100

Is recruitment open for Overlords at all?  I had an idea for a character that would both build his own dungeon but also travel with adventurers for the opportunity to wreck his competition for the Demon Queen's resources stuff?  Would that even be allowed?  I'm thinking evil, human Bard.

mjrbatou

I know an overlord's minion is allowed to attempt other overlord's dungeons, not sure about the overlords themselves.  Kathyan is the top GM and I know she can definitely give an answer

Kathyan

Quote from: Roman100 on September 18, 2019, 09:37:46 AM
Is recruitment open for Overlords at all?  I had an idea for a character that would both build his own dungeon but also travel with adventurers for the opportunity to wreck his competition for the Demon Queen's resources stuff?  Would that even be allowed?  I'm thinking evil, human Bard.
We might more adventurers if we keep increasing Overlords population but yes it is open. Now while I'm not going to say no to people choosing PC races or classes for Overlords but I would personally prefer if we didn't have too many of those. Yet for what you have in mind I'm going to say a big YES already, you are free to go with that idea. :)

mjrbatou

Infinity could always end up failing too often, becoming a plaything of Fizzwhimsy (primarily because of relative size)...course her dungeons have to be tested first

Chulanowa

Quote from: Roman100 on September 18, 2019, 09:37:46 AM

Sabotaging rival dungeons is the sort of thing that would more likely be handled between overlords in their "section" of the game - could be a potential use for minions. But that seems more a thing to do once overlords start getting established - to date i think we've only had one dungeon fully completed  ;D Besides that, the adventurer's in has a thing that alerts people to an overlord's presence, and they get clobbered, trussed up, and send on their way - it happened before when a succubus overlord came in. Oops!

Kathyan

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 18, 2019, 01:17:18 PM
Sabotaging rival dungeons is the sort of thing that would more likely be handled between overlords in their "section" of the game - could be a potential use for minions. But that seems more a thing to do once overlords start getting established - to date i think we've only had one dungeon fully completed  ;D Besides that, the adventurer's in has a thing that alerts people to an overlord's presence, and they get clobbered, trussed up, and send on their way - it happened before when a succubus overlord came in. Oops!
That might have been because she was a succubus, but anyway yeah you'd be at your own risk there.

mjrbatou

great...now I wanna have an overlord sneak in and snuggle with an adventurer who completed her dungeon.

Kathyan

Quote from: mjrbatou on September 18, 2019, 03:28:42 PM
great...now I wanna have an overlord sneak in and snuggle with an adventurer who completed her dungeon.
You know that Overlords actually being at their dungeons is a thing, right?

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Kathyan on September 18, 2019, 02:07:19 PM
That might have been because she was a succubus, but anyway yeah you'd be at your own risk there.

After going to read it, I think it was because she wasn't too subtle about being untrustworthy. That, and the wizard and paladin showing up to expose her more than she'd exposed herself

mjrbatou

Quote from: Kathyan on September 18, 2019, 03:48:42 PM
You know that Overlords actually being at their dungeons is a thing, right?

I was pretty sure of that, but haven't had a chance to play it out...not even sure where Infinity would be in her dungeon.  Sharsyss has her own spot in hers so that's easy.

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Laughing Hyena