Dungeon Overlords vs Adventurers! (Dungeonbuilding, 5e D&D, NC-Exotic)

Started by Aenon, November 16, 2018, 07:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brittlby

Eh, what the hell? I’ve got a Tiefling I was sitting on.
The Roach

Cosette “The Roach” LaRoche

Class/Level: Warlock/1
Background: Urchin
Race:  Tiefling
Alignment: Neutral Chaotic

Personality:

Insecurity drives her. She had a rough childhood as an ugly duckling in her village and unlike in the storybooks where that only served to make her inner light shine, it left her morally stunted and bitter.

Promiscuous, sadistic and ever vain, she uses her own beauty as a weapon and enjoys nothing more than to subjugate and tease the lovely. To borrow a phrase, she wants the beautiful to “love her and despair”. Trained to be cruel but gifted, she learned her lessons well.

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 130
Eyes: Golden
Hair: Pink

Backstory:
Cosette Background

Cosette Laroche was born unfortunate to look upon and twisted of form. Her mother would die in childbirth and after five years of bowing to the moral teachings of his Goddess, her father took her on a trip far from home and left her on the outskirts of village whose name she could scarce pronounce.

The people of the village at first mistook her for a beast, as she scuttled beneath their homes and stole their garbage. Upon realizing she was no Kobold but rather a cursed and monstrous child, they did not burn her. But then no home was open to her, her horrific visage enough to turn the strongest stomachs. She could speak poorly through her twisted jaw, well enough to tell them her name, “Cosette Laroche...”.

This would haunt her as the village children would hound her, nicknaming her “The Roach”. Through small thievery of their cast offs and the occasional bowl of food left out as charity, she lived on the outskirts. Slowly she grew into a skilled hunter by virtue of the alternative being starving to death.

The children teased her mercilessly, none more so than the Headman’s daughter, a beautiful thing with skin like cream and hair like fire. She would always trick Cosette, offering food and friendship. Starved for any kind of love she seemed to fall for her manipulations again and again. As Cosette grew, so too did the creativity of the children, eventually fueled by the cruelty of puberty.

Fleeing from the fallout of another prank at her expense, the Roach came upon a clearing she had never seen before. Impossible though that was, as she had grown up in these woods, she felt at home. A thing scampered across and THROUGH the trees as if they were water. Its flesh was bark and leaf and mischief. It showed her Cosette’s own reflection in the reflection of a pool of stagnant water.

“It is you as you wish, not as you are...” it whispered, and Cosette peered down at herself. Skin smooth and clear, her form straight and full, eyes burning golden, “I can make this lie true...”

“What do you want?” Cosette stuttered, knowing nothing of value came cheap.

The thing laughed, its rose petal lips parting as it spat out a seed at her feet, “To prune the garden. A rose with many thorns pleases me more than an Orchid full of rot...”the last rasping word echoed over and over again. “Rot...Rot...Rot...”

“I wish to see how you grow more beautiful and I wish to see who you make bleed along the way... But today, I wish to play a jest...” The Thing cackled like dry leaves underfoot, “The Headman’s daughter laughs to her friends about me... Takes my tribute offerings and casts them to the pigs... I want to remind them of the old spirits... If you help me, I shall help you...”

The thing gestured a twisted hand of gnarled twigs at the seed, “Bury this at the southern side of the Headman’s home. Knock thrice on his door as the moonrises...”

“And?”

“And then... just look pretty, my Roach...”

With these words a crow called behind Cosette causing her to turn away. When she turned back she was in a familiar part of the woods, the creature gone but the seed still at her feet. It was no question of if she would do as bidden, for it was the most any had ever spoken to her in all of her days.

Cosette had a friend.

And so she did as she was told, burying the seed deep. When the time came, she knocked three times and the door opened. The Headman seemed confused, murmuring the name of his daughter at the sight of Cosette. She remained confused and silent, but let him take her inside.

He stripped her damp and ratty clothing off and set her by the fire. When he went to fetch her fresh clothes from his daughters bedroom, he screamed. In short order he returned, dragging out a wretched and twisted creature that insisted it was his daughter even as he struck it across the face until it’s crooked lips bled.

The next three years passed quickly and pleasantly. Cosette wore the girls clothing, flesh and name, growing more beautiful each day. Meanwhile, “The Roach” was driven away from town each time she tried to come in, her silent scuttles having become maniacal rants about how she wasn’t the Roach.

Each time Cosette saw her, she seemed more feeble, for the girl was unable to survive as she had in the cold woods. It hardly concerned Cosette as she soon learned new appetites, her beauty and depravity growing into something glorious and awful to behold.

To speak of growing, the seed sprouted rapidly, a young tree stretching up over the Headman’s home, shading Cosette’s window. It loomed over the house one night three years to the day from the night she planted it. That was the night that the Roach came home and begged her father to listen. Something in her words found purchase in his heart and he looked to Cosette wearing his daughters ruffled dress and pale flesh, begging her to deny it.

She did not, “I never said I was your Flesh. I was simply told to look pretty. In these three years you did not notice. Was her absence such a hardship?”

The elders cast her out, fearful that punishing her further would anger the spirit of the woods. On that day she saw herself in the looking glass very much as she had seen in the stagnant pool so long ago. Fierce and lovely... maybe a little psychotic but in a “very fuckable way” to quote one of her lovers. As days passed, she grew lovelier still, the glorious taint of her patron seeping into her flesh and soul as she began to look more and more like her surrogate mother and friend.

Cosette adventured and hunted and slept her way across the land, occasionally taking up the sword and bow when it suited her. Particularly “big game” hunts. She did not keep constant contact with the village but by way of a bard tale she heard how the story ended... more or less. The Headman hung himself from the tree outside his daughter’s room.

The problem with bards tales is that sometimes people take the wrong message from them. Her tale could be taken as a caution to respect the old Gods. Or it could be one of karma, the bill coming due to the village for years of shameful behavior. Or perhaps... if it was a bawdy story teller, the wicked sweaty nights she enjoyed over those three years were such to offend and arouse anyone.

But what Cosette had learned, having lived the tale, was that beauty was “only skin deep” to those who did not have it. And like all matters of the flesh, the beautiful just suffered so much more fetchingly than ugly people. It turned her on...

And even though she herself was glorious now, something deep inside her was still very twisted. She savored the trembling wet lips of a lovely girl crying out for release at her fingers. Sweat making leather grow tighter around muscled thighs. Let modesty be taken and the embarrassment be drank like wine.

Let the beautiful suffer...

Stats

Armor Class: 13
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 (Walking)
Passive Perception: 10
Hit Point Maximum: 10
Hit Dice: 1d8
Proficiency Bonus: +2

Attributes

Str: 8 Dex: 14 Con: 14 Int: 10 Wis: 11 Cha: 17

Saving Throws
Proficiencies: Dex, Con
Str: -1 Dex: +5 Con: +4 Int: +1 Wis: +0 Cha: +3

Skills

Proficiencies: Acrobatics, Deception, Survival, Sleight of hand, Perception, Stealth

Acrobatics (Dex): +5 Animal Handling (Wis): +1 Arcana (Int): +1 Athletics (Str): -1 Deception (Cha): +5 History (Int): +1 Insight (Wis): +0 Intimidation (Cha): +3 Investigation (Int):  +1 Medicine (Wis): +0 Nature (Int): +1 Perception (Wis): +2 Performance (Cha): +3 Persuasion (Cha): +3 Religion (Int):  +1 Sleight of Hand (Dex): +5 Stealth (Dex): +5 Survival (Wis): +2

Proficiences:

Proficiencies & Languages
• Proficiency Bonus: +2
• Armor: Light armor
• Weapons: Simple Weapons
• Tools: Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit
• Saving Throws: Wis, Cha
• Languages: Common, Infernal

Features and Traits:

Otherworldly PatronPHB107
You have struck a bargain with an otherworldly being.
The Fiend

Pact MagicPHB107
You can cast known warlock spells using CHA as your spellcasting modifier (Spell DC 13, Spell Attack +5). You can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.
Expanded Spell ListPHB109

Additional spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.

Dark One’s BlessingPHB109
When you reduce a hostile creature to 0 HP, you gain 4 temp HP.

DarkvisionPHB43
You can see in darkness (shades of gray) up to 60 ft.

Hellish ResistancePHB43
You have resistance to fire damage.

Infernal LegacyPHB43
You know the thaumaturgy cantrip. [3rd] You can cast hellish rebuke (2nd) once per long rest. [5th] You can cast darkness once per long rest. CHA is your spellcasting ability. Thaumaturgy(Cantrip)

Spells

Spellcasting Ability: +3
Spell Save DC: 14
Spell Attack Bonus: +5

Eldritch Blast, Mage Hand,Thaumaturgy, Burning Hands, Hex

Attacks/Spellcasting:

Crossbow +4 1d8+2
Quarterstaff +1 1d6-1
Eldritch Blast +5 1d10

Equipment:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Clothes, Common
Crossbow Bolts 20
Crossbow, Light
Crystal Focus
Dagger * 2
Leather armor
Quarterstaff
Backpack -
Bedroll
Leatherworking Tools
Mess kit
Tinderbox
10 torches
1 flasks lamp oil
10 days of Rations
Waterskin
50 feet of Silk rope
belt pouch
Disguise Kit
Thieves tools
Dungeoneer Pack

Coins & Gems: 10 gold pieces (gp)
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Sargepepper

Make sure to post any accepted characters in the Accepted Characters thread so we can all see them!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=296525.0

Apple of Eris

Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Ampere

Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Sargepepper

Brittlby

The problem I have is that with my bad luck on the dice rolls is their credibility melts away SUPER fast!
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

Aenon

Quote from: Ampere on January 13, 2019, 04:03:35 PM
Just in case there aren't enough adventurers for Faeli's dungeon:

Piety Gloomstride

Piety Gloomstride

Adventurer

Background: Piety was left at the abbey's doorstep with a hastily scribbled note and the distinct scent of brimstone. She was raised by the good sisters with a mixture of religious fervour and very vigorous punishment (in order to beat the wickedness out of her). Over time, the tiefling discovered that she enjoyed those just as much, if not more than the fight against evil. Never a particularly adept acolyte, Piety did much better when it came to the more rough and tumble aspects of religious life.

Paladin, Tiefling - Lawful Good
Prof: +2
AC: 18
HP: 11
Init: +1
Spd: 30'

STR: 12 (+1)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT:  10 (+0)
WIS: 13 (+1)
CHA: 17 (+3)

Skills:
Insight +3
Intimidation +5
Persuasion +5
Religion +2

Saves:
STR (+1) DEX (+1) CON (+1) INT (+0) WIS (+3) CHA (+5)

Proficiencies:
Light, Medium and Heavy Armour and Shield
Simple and Martial Weapons

Features:
Divine Sense
Lay on Hands (5hp)
Hellish Resistance
Infernal Legacy

Attacks:
Javelin +3 attack 1d6 + 1 damage
Longsword +3 attack 1d8 + 1 damage

Gear:

Explorer's Kit
Pouch (15 gp)
Chainmail & Shield
5 Javelins
Longsword

Incense
Vestments
Prayer Book
Holy Emblem (shield)

Those are rolled ability scores? Otherwise looks ok.

Quote from: Brittlby on January 13, 2019, 04:41:56 PM
Eh, what the hell? I’ve got a Tiefling I was sitting on.
The Roach

Cosette “The Roach” LaRoche

Class/Level: Warlock/1
Background: Urchin
Race:  Tiefling
Alignment: Neutral Chaotic

Personality:

Insecurity drives her. She had a rough childhood as an ugly duckling in her village and unlike in the storybooks where that only served to make her inner light shine, it left her morally stunted and bitter.

Promiscuous, sadistic and ever vain, she uses her own beauty as a weapon and enjoys nothing more than to subjugate and tease the lovely. To borrow a phrase, she wants the beautiful to “love her and despair”. Trained to be cruel but gifted, she learned her lessons well.

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 130
Eyes: Golden
Hair: Pink

Backstory:
Cosette Background

Cosette Laroche was born unfortunate to look upon and twisted of form. Her mother would die in childbirth and after five years of bowing to the moral teachings of his Goddess, her father took her on a trip far from home and left her on the outskirts of village whose name she could scarce pronounce.

The people of the village at first mistook her for a beast, as she scuttled beneath their homes and stole their garbage. Upon realizing she was no Kobold but rather a cursed and monstrous child, they did not burn her. But then no home was open to her, her horrific visage enough to turn the strongest stomachs. She could speak poorly through her twisted jaw, well enough to tell them her name, “Cosette Laroche...”.

This would haunt her as the village children would hound her, nicknaming her “The Roach”. Through small thievery of their cast offs and the occasional bowl of food left out as charity, she lived on the outskirts. Slowly she grew into a skilled hunter by virtue of the alternative being starving to death.

The children teased her mercilessly, none more so than the Headman’s daughter, a beautiful thing with skin like cream and hair like fire. She would always trick Cosette, offering food and friendship. Starved for any kind of love she seemed to fall for her manipulations again and again. As Cosette grew, so too did the creativity of the children, eventually fueled by the cruelty of puberty.

Fleeing from the fallout of another prank at her expense, the Roach came upon a clearing she had never seen before. Impossible though that was, as she had grown up in these woods, she felt at home. A thing scampered across and THROUGH the trees as if they were water. Its flesh was bark and leaf and mischief. It showed her Cosette’s own reflection in the reflection of a pool of stagnant water.

“It is you as you wish, not as you are...” it whispered, and Cosette peered down at herself. Skin smooth and clear, her form straight and full, eyes burning golden, “I can make this lie true...”

“What do you want?” Cosette stuttered, knowing nothing of value came cheap.

The thing laughed, its rose petal lips parting as it spat out a seed at her feet, “To prune the garden. A rose with many thorns pleases me more than an Orchid full of rot...”the last rasping word echoed over and over again. “Rot...Rot...Rot...”

“I wish to see how you grow more beautiful and I wish to see who you make bleed along the way... But today, I wish to play a jest...” The Thing cackled like dry leaves underfoot, “The Headman’s daughter laughs to her friends about me... Takes my tribute offerings and casts them to the pigs... I want to remind them of the old spirits... If you help me, I shall help you...”

The thing gestured a twisted hand of gnarled twigs at the seed, “Bury this at the southern side of the Headman’s home. Knock thrice on his door as the moonrises...”

“And?”

“And then... just look pretty, my Roach...”

With these words a crow called behind Cosette causing her to turn away. When she turned back she was in a familiar part of the woods, the creature gone but the seed still at her feet. It was no question of if she would do as bidden, for it was the most any had ever spoken to her in all of her days.

Cosette had a friend.

And so she did as she was told, burying the seed deep. When the time came, she knocked three times and the door opened. The Headman seemed confused, murmuring the name of his daughter at the sight of Cosette. She remained confused and silent, but let him take her inside.

He stripped her damp and ratty clothing off and set her by the fire. When he went to fetch her fresh clothes from his daughters bedroom, he screamed. In short order he returned, dragging out a wretched and twisted creature that insisted it was his daughter even as he struck it across the face until it’s crooked lips bled.

The next three years passed quickly and pleasantly. Cosette wore the girls clothing, flesh and name, growing more beautiful each day. Meanwhile, “The Roach” was driven away from town each time she tried to come in, her silent scuttles having become maniacal rants about how she wasn’t the Roach.

Each time Cosette saw her, she seemed more feeble, for the girl was unable to survive as she had in the cold woods. It hardly concerned Cosette as she soon learned new appetites, her beauty and depravity growing into something glorious and awful to behold.

To speak of growing, the seed sprouted rapidly, a young tree stretching up over the Headman’s home, shading Cosette’s window. It loomed over the house one night three years to the day from the night she planted it. That was the night that the Roach came home and begged her father to listen. Something in her words found purchase in his heart and he looked to Cosette wearing his daughters ruffled dress and pale flesh, begging her to deny it.

She did not, “I never said I was your Flesh. I was simply told to look pretty. In these three years you did not notice. Was her absence such a hardship?”

The elders cast her out, fearful that punishing her further would anger the spirit of the woods. On that day she saw herself in the looking glass very much as she had seen in the stagnant pool so long ago. Fierce and lovely... maybe a little psychotic but in a “very fuckable way” to quote one of her lovers. As days passed, she grew lovelier still, the glorious taint of her patron seeping into her flesh and soul as she began to look more and more like her surrogate mother and friend.

Cosette adventured and hunted and slept her way across the land, occasionally taking up the sword and bow when it suited her. Particularly “big game” hunts. She did not keep constant contact with the village but by way of a bard tale she heard how the story ended... more or less. The Headman hung himself from the tree outside his daughter’s room.

The problem with bards tales is that sometimes people take the wrong message from them. Her tale could be taken as a caution to respect the old Gods. Or it could be one of karma, the bill coming due to the village for years of shameful behavior. Or perhaps... if it was a bawdy story teller, the wicked sweaty nights she enjoyed over those three years were such to offend and arouse anyone.

But what Cosette had learned, having lived the tale, was that beauty was “only skin deep” to those who did not have it. And like all matters of the flesh, the beautiful just suffered so much more fetchingly than ugly people. It turned her on...

And even though she herself was glorious now, something deep inside her was still very twisted. She savored the trembling wet lips of a lovely girl crying out for release at her fingers. Sweat making leather grow tighter around muscled thighs. Let modesty be taken and the embarrassment be drank like wine.

Let the beautiful suffer...

Stats

Armor Class: 13
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 (Walking)
Hit Point Maximum: 10
Hit Dice: 1d8

Attributes

Str: 8 Dex: 14 Con: 14 Int: 10 Wis: 11 Cha: 17

Saving Throws
Proficiencies: Dex, Con
Str: -1 Dex: +5 Con: +4 Int: +1 Wis: +0 Cha: +3

Skills

Proficiencies: Acrobatics, Deception, Survival, Sleight of hand, Perception, Stealth

Acrobatics (Dex): +5 Animal Handling (Wis): +1 Arcana (Int): +1 Athletics (Str): -1 Deception (Cha): +5 History (Int): +1 Insight (Wis): +0 Intimidation (Cha): +3 Investigation (Int):  +1 Medicine (Wis): +0 Nature (Int): +1 Perception (Wis): +2 Performance (Cha): +3 Persuasion (Cha): +3 Religion (Int):  +1 Sleight of Hand (Dex): +5 Stealth (Dex): +5 Survival (Wis): +2

Proficiences:

Proficiencies & Languages
• Proficiency Bonus: +2
• Armor: Light armor
• Weapons: Simple Weapons
• Tools: Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit
• Saving Throws: Wis, Cha
• Languages: Common, Infernal

Features and Traits:

Otherworldly PatronPHB107
You have struck a bargain with an otherworldly being.
The Fiend

Pact MagicPHB107
You can cast known warlock spells using CHA as your spellcasting modifier (Spell DC 13, Spell Attack +5). You can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.
Expanded Spell ListPHB109

Additional spells are added to the warlock spell list for you.

Dark One’s BlessingPHB109
When you reduce a hostile creature to 0 HP, you gain 4 temp HP.

DarkvisionPHB43
You can see in darkness (shades of gray) up to 60 ft.

Hellish ResistancePHB43
You have resistance to fire damage.

Infernal LegacyPHB43
You know the thaumaturgy cantrip. [3rd] You can cast hellish rebuke (2nd) once per long rest. [5th] You can cast darkness once per long rest. CHA is your spellcasting ability. Thaumaturgy(Cantrip)

Spells

Spellcasting Ability: +3
Spell Save DC: 14
Spell Attack Bonus: +5

Eldritch Blast, Mage Hand,Thaumaturgy, Burning Hands, Hex

Attacks/Spellcasting:

Crossbow +4 1d8+2
Quarterstaff +1 1d6-1
Eldritch Blast +5 1d10

Equipment:
Clothes, Common
Crossbow Bolts 20
Crossbow, Light
Crystal Focus
Dagger * 2
Leather armor
Quarterstaff
Backpack -
Bedroll
Leatherworking Tools
Mess kit
Tinderbox
10 torches
1 flasks lamp oil
10 days of Rations
Waterskin
50 feet of Silk rope
belt pouch
Disguise Kit
Thieves tools
Dungeoneer Pack

Coins & Gems: 10 gold pieces (gp)

Shouldn't the proficiencies be 4?Some of the skills you have lised seem to have wrong modifiers. Also your spell save should be DC 13. Otherwise ok.

Brittlby

*thumbs up* had a higher Dex in the original build. I’ll fix it! Thanks!

O/O

Ampere

Quote from: Aenon on January 17, 2019, 03:09:46 PM
Those are rolled ability scores? Otherwise looks ok.

No those were paid scores 27pts

4 4 4 1 5 9
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Faeli

Name: Brie Meadows
Class: Warlick
Background: Entertainer
Level: 1
Alignment: CN
Race: Tiefling

Appearance:
Weight: 115lbs
Hair: White
Eyes: Yellow

Background:
Brie grew up on the mean streets of the city of valor and very quickly fell in with a band of tiefling performers and thieves.  She was, thankfully, on the performer side of the troope's business and spent many of her formulative years trotting through the streets with the staccato notes of her viola turning every head about her.  The entertainer's guild had a second purpose, however, one that Brie never fully realized until years later.  While it is true that Warlocks can come from anywhere, it is also true that those descended from Daemonic Blood have an unusually high likelihood of developing the symptoms.

Now, in a different city, the troupe would exist to keep an eye on young tieflings and, if they saw signs of the infernal blood developing a magical slant, get the aspiring sorcerers and warlocks the help they needed to understand their powers.  However, the City of Valor was designed to do exactly two things:  Prevent Crimes and Punish Criminals.  In the case of Brie (and many, many other Tieflings in the city) the Silver Council had already determined what to do:  Place a Geas upon the potential criminal requiring them to join up with another as they were not to be trusted with making their own decisions and then exile them from the city.

Thus it was that Brie was forced out of the city and left adrift trying to figure out her life going forward.  Firstly, she needed to find a group of adventurers to join with since she wasn't able to make her own decisions.  Second, raise money and try and get the Geas removed...

Character Sheet

Aenon

Quote from: Faeli on January 23, 2019, 04:02:53 AM
Name: Brie Meadows
Class: Warlick
Background: Entertainer
Level: 1
Alignment: CN
Race: Tiefling

Appearance:
Weight: 115lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: GRed

Background:
Brie grew up on the mean streets of the city of valor and very quickly fell in with a band of tiefling performers and thieves.  She was, thankfully, on the performer side of the troope's business and spent many of her formulative years trotting through the streets with the staccato notes of her viola turning every head about her.  The entertainer's guild had a second purpose, however, one that Brie never fully realized until years later.  While it is true that Warlocks can come from anywhere, it is also true that those descended from Daemonic Blood have an unusually high likelihood of developing the symptoms.

Now, in a different city, the troupe would exist to keep an eye on young tieflings and, if they saw signs of the infernal blood developing a magical slant, get the aspiring sorcerers and warlocks the help they needed to understand their powers.  However, the City of Valor was designed to do exactly two things:  Prevent Crimes and Punish Criminals.  In the case of Brie (and many, many other Tieflings in the city) the Silver Council had already determined what to do:  Place a Geas upon the potential criminal requiring them to join up with another as they were not to be trusted with making their own decisions and then exile them from the city.

Thus it was that Brie was forced out of the city and left adrift trying to figure out her life going forward.  Firstly, she needed to find a group of adventurers to join with since she wasn't able to make her own decisions.  Second, raise money and try and get the Geas removed...

Character Sheet

Looks fine

Polymorph

My posting rate will hopefully be every day or two at worst. I'm perfectly fine with the level of smut expected, overlords give it your best shot >:)

Gudrun Guntersdottir

Class/Level: Barbarian/1
Race: Human
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Attributes
STR: 16, DEX: 14, CON: 15, INT: 9, WIS: 9, CHA: 14

STATS

Armour Class: 15
Speed: 30'
Hit Point Max: 14
Hit Dice: 1d12

SAVES

STR: +5 DEX:+2 CON: +4 INT: -1 WIS: -1 CHA: +2

Proficiencies

Athletics: +5, Survival: +1, Musical Instrument (flute): +2, Animal Handling: +1, Intimidation: +4
Light Armour, Medium Armour, Shields, Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons

Features

Rage
Unarmoured Defence
Wanderer

Attacks

Unarmed Strike +2 to hit, 4 dmg
Greatsword +5 to hit, 2d6+3 dmg
Handaxe +5 to hit, 1d6+3 dmg
Javelin +4 to hit, 1d6+1 dmg

Equipment

Chain Shirt
Greatsword
2x Handaxe
4x Javelin
Staff
Snare
Necklace of bear teeth and claws
Travelers clothes
Explorers pack

Gudrun left her remote settlement in the cold northern wastes after joining a warband in search of adventure and coin. Work dried up after a sad outbreak of peace in the region and the mercenary company disbanded. She is now ready to try her hand as an adventurer and brave the perils of dungeons and ruins.

Name: Sumara
Race and Class: Drow Rogue
AC: 15 HP: 9
Ability Scores: STR 9 (-1), DEX 16 (+3), CON 13 (+1), INT 14 (+2), WIS 10, CHA 14 (+2)
Background: Acolyte
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Weapons (+2), Hand Crossbows (+5), Longswords (+1), Rapiers (+5), Shortswords (+1)
Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics (+5), Stealth (+5), Investigation (+6), Deception (+4), Insight (+2), Religion (+4), Perception (+2).
Tool Proficiencies: Thieves Tools (+4)
Languages: Undercommon, Common, Elvish, Thieves Cant,Orcish
Cantrips: Dancing Lights
Class feature options: Expertise (Thieves Tools, Investigation), Sneak Attack

Equipment

Studded leather armour
Rapier
Hand Crossbow 20x bolts
2x Daggers
Burglers Pack
Set of Common Clothes
Vestments
Holy Symbol
Prayer Book

Sumara was sold by her parents as an indentured serveant to the priestesses of Lloth. As an unwilling acolyte her position in the Drow rituals as invariably uncomfortable and painful. On completion of her indentured service she joined a Dark Elf raiding party as a scout on a slave raiding expedition to the surface. Disillusioned with her own people she chose not to return to her party when sent out to scout a village and instead struck out on her own to make a new life.

Aenon

Quote from: Polymorph on March 09, 2019, 07:20:58 AM
My posting rate will hopefully be every day or two at worst. I'm perfectly fine with the level of smut expected, overlords give it your best shot >:)

Gudrun Guntersdottir

Class/Level: Barbarian/1
Race: Human
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Attributes
STR: 16, DEX: 14, CON: 15, INT: 9, WIS: 9, CHA: 14

STATS

Armour Class: 15
Speed: 30'
Hit Point Max: 14
Hit Dice: 1d12

SAVES

STR: +5 DEX:+2 CON: +4 INT: -1 WIS: -1 CHA: +2

Proficiencies

Athletics: +5, Survival: +1, Musical Instrument (flute): +2, Animal Handling: +1, Intimidation: +4
Light Armour, Medium Armour, Shields, Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons

Features

Rage
Unarmoured Defence
Wanderer

Attacks

Unarmed Strike +2 to hit, 4 dmg
Greatsword +5 to hit, 2d6+3 dmg
Handaxe +5 to hit, 1d6+3 dmg
Javelin +4 to hit, 1d6+1 dmg

Equipment

Chain Shirt
Greatsword
2x Handaxe
4x Javelin
Staff
Snare
Necklace of bear teeth and claws
Travelers clothes
Explorers pack

Gudrun left her remote settlement in the cold northern wastes after joining a warband in search of adventure and coin. Work dried up after a sad outbreak of peace in the region and the mercenary company disbanded. She is now ready to try her hand as an adventurer and brave the perils of dungeons and ruins.

Name: Sumara
Race and Class: Drow Rogue
AC: 15 HP: 9
Ability Scores: STR 9 (-1), DEX 16 (+3), CON 13 (+1), INT 14 (+2), WIS 10, CHA 14 (+2)
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Weapons (+2), Hand Crossbows (+5), Longswords (+1), Rapiers (+5), Shortswords (+1)
Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics (+5), Stealth (+5), Investigation (+6), Deception (+4), Insight (+2), Religion (+4), Perception (+2).
Tool Proficiencies: Thieves Tools (+4)
Languages: Undercommon, Common, Elvish, Thieves Cant,Orcish
Cantrips: Dancing Lights
Class feature options: Expertise (Thieves Tools, Investigation), Sneak Attack

Equipment

Studded leather armour
Rapier
Hand Crossbow 20x bolts
2x Daggers
Burglers Pack
Set of Common Clothes
Vestments
Holy Symbol
Prayer Book

Sumara was sold by her parents as an indentured serveant to the priestesses of Lloth. As an unwilling acolyte her position in the Drow rituals as invariably uncomfortable and painful. On completion of her indentured service she joined a Dark Elf raiding party as a scout on a slave raiding expedition to the surface. Disillusioned with her own people she chose not to return to her party when sent out to scout a village and instead struck out on her own to make a new life.

Gudrun's AC shouldn't be 14? (10+2Con+2Dex)

Otherwise they look ok

Sethala

Pulling a character I was going to use for another RP (that didn't get in because too many applicants)

Name: Spring Feather (Feather)
Race and Class: Tabaxi Fighter 1
Ability Scores: STR 15, DEX 14, CON 13, INT 13, WIS 10, CHA 11
AC: 16
Saves: Strength, Constitution
Attacks:
Glaive: +4, 1d10+2, Reach
Rapier: +5, 1d8+3
Light crossbow: +5, 1d8+3
Background: "Guild" artisan
Armour/Weapon Proficiencies: All armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons
Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion, History, Athletics, Perception, Stealth
Tool Proficiences: Smith's tools
Languages: Common, Dwarvish, Gnomish
Gear: Chain mail, Glaive, Rapier, Light Crossbow, 20 bolts, explorer's pack (Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50' hemp rope), Smith's tools, traveler's clothes, 15 gp
Race features: Darkvision, Feline Agility, Cat's Claws

History: Feather was the only child to a blacksmith father, and had been intensely curious about it from a young age.  While her father had been reluctant to let her into the forge at first, eventually he agreed and let her watch his work.  As the years went by and she grew stronger, she began to help him, eventually becoming his apprentice and learning the trade.  She showed promise, having a keen eye for details in her work, and she would have grown into a fine artisan if fate didn't have other plans for her.

When she had just become an adult, the small, peaceful town suddenly had problems.  A band of knights from the nearby kingdom had come to warn them of a goblin tribe they had been following, and requested that the town supply them so they could fight off the goblins.  The townsfolk agreed readily, and Feather was set to work forging weapons and armor for the knights.  Every spare bit of metal they had went into making weapons, food and water was given freely, and some of the more able-bodied townsfolk were conscripted into their service.

Then the goblins came to attack... and the knights were nowhere to be seen.  The townsfolk had relied on their promises far too heavily, and now had no weapons, and almost everyone strong enough to wield a weapon against them had been taken as conscripts.  Feather tried to protect everyone with the half-finished glaive she had been working on, but there were simply too many goblins, and in the end all she could do was help a small handful of survivors escape.

Since then, after being separated from her home, she's tried to make a living for herself.  Her skill at smithing has let her earn some coin at the guild, and she could have been perfectly satisfied with that life.  However, as she saw more and more people fall victim to monsters that seemed to be growing bolder by the day, she knew something had to be done yet again.  She hung up her blacksmith's hammer and picked up her glaive, and set off to find others willing to brave the dark dungeons with her.

Laughing Hyena

Sargepepper

I think we got too many adventurers. There’s plenty of people waiting in the wings for a dungeon, I think.

Aenon

Roleplay Frog

Polymorph

Quote from: Aenon on March 14, 2019, 08:09:36 PM
Frog's Dungeon is available :P

Gudrun and Sumara are still in The Final Bastion inn. Either or both are available to make up party numbers.

Sethala

Feather would be up for challenging Frog’s dungeon as well, though I’m still waiting for approval for her...

Aenon

Quote from: Sethala on March 10, 2019, 09:33:18 PM
Pulling a character I was going to use for another RP (that didn't get in because too many applicants)

Name: Spring Feather (Feather)
Race and Class: Tabaxi Fighter 1
Ability Scores: STR 15, DEX 14, CON 13, INT 13, WIS 10, CHA 11
AC: 16
Saves: Strength, Constitution
Attacks:
Glaive: +4, 1d10+2, Reach
Rapier: +5, 1d8+3
Light crossbow: +5, 1d8+3
Background: "Guild" artisan
Armour/Weapon Proficiencies: All armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons
Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion, History, Athletics, Perception, Stealth
Tool Proficiences: Smith's tools
Languages: Common, Dwarvish, Gnomish
Gear: Chain mail, Glaive, Rapier, Light Crossbow, 20 bolts, explorer's pack (Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50' hemp rope), Smith's tools, traveler's clothes, 15 gp
Race features: Darkvision, Feline Agility, Cat's Claws

History: Feather was the only child to a blacksmith father, and had been intensely curious about it from a young age.  While her father had been reluctant to let her into the forge at first, eventually he agreed and let her watch his work.  As the years went by and she grew stronger, she began to help him, eventually becoming his apprentice and learning the trade.  She showed promise, having a keen eye for details in her work, and she would have grown into a fine artisan if fate didn't have other plans for her.

When she had just become an adult, the small, peaceful town suddenly had problems.  A band of knights from the nearby kingdom had come to warn them of a goblin tribe they had been following, and requested that the town supply them so they could fight off the goblins.  The townsfolk agreed readily, and Feather was set to work forging weapons and armor for the knights.  Every spare bit of metal they had went into making weapons, food and water was given freely, and some of the more able-bodied townsfolk were conscripted into their service.

Then the goblins came to attack... and the knights were nowhere to be seen.  The townsfolk had relied on their promises far too heavily, and now had no weapons, and almost everyone strong enough to wield a weapon against them had been taken as conscripts.  Feather tried to protect everyone with the half-finished glaive she had been working on, but there were simply too many goblins, and in the end all she could do was help a small handful of survivors escape.

Since then, after being separated from her home, she's tried to make a living for herself.  Her skill at smithing has let her earn some coin at the guild, and she could have been perfectly satisfied with that life.  However, as she saw more and more people fall victim to monsters that seemed to be growing bolder by the day, she knew something had to be done yet again.  She hung up her blacksmith's hammer and picked up her glaive, and set off to find others willing to brave the dark dungeons with her.
Looks cool

Quote from: Stiltzkinator on March 14, 2019, 05:52:52 PM
Room for more?
If so, applying as an adventurer~

Character Image

Character Name: Laellia Epistil

Adventurer or Overlord: Adventurer

Class, Race, Alignment: Human (Variant), Cleric, LN
Domain: Life

Backstory: Laellia doesn't know much about her heritage, having been raised in an orphanage before finding her calling as a cleric. Even so, she doesn't let it get to her, and she hopes to use her gifts to help others in return for the help she received growing up. Recognizing that the greatest help comes where there is the most danger, Laellia has devoted herself to the healing arts, and joins other adventurers, especially those delving into dungeons, intent on making their journeys just a little bit safer. There's an unfortunate trait that she has picked up as a result of her efforts, however: initially curious about the monsters that other adventurers fought, that curiosity became fascination as Laellia was exposed to them. She will still take up arms against any obviously hostile creature that would mean to harm her or her companions, but on the other hand, she has a bad habit of lowering her guard against non-humanoid monsters that aren't actively attacking. She has a great interest in monster history and ecology, which can rarely be useful to her allies, but her interests have more potential for getting her into trouble instead.

Posting rate: Can do almost daily during the week (M-F). Weekends are a gamble.

O/Os:
ONS: Soft vore, 'monstrous' bondage (tentacles, spiderwebs, plants, etc) are the big ones. Also most 'normal' bondage, teasing, foreplay.
OFFS: Hardcore violence/torture (for dramatic effect is fine, but it's definitely not an 'on'), bathroom stuff, dislike male partners.

Stats: (point buy)
STR: (8)= 8 (-1)
DEX: (12)= 12 (+1)
CON: (13+1)= 14 (+2)
INT: (13)= 13 (+1)
WIS: (15 + 1)= 16 (+3)
CHA: (12)= 12 (+1)

AC: 14
HP: 10
Init: +1
Speed: 30

Saving Throws: WIS (+5) and CHA (+3)

Racial qualities: Two ability scores +1, size = M, Feat at first level (Variant)
Feat: War Caster
Class features: Light and medium armor, shields, simple weapons, Spellcasting

Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan, Celestial

Skills:
Insight +5
Medicine +5
History +3
Perception + 5
Religion +3

Equipment: Mace, Light Crossbow, Shield, Leather Armor, Crossbow Bolts (20), Holy Symbol, Priest's Pack

Attacks:
Mace: +1 to hit, 1d4-1 damage
Light Crossbow: +3 to hit, 1d8+1 damage

Cantrips:
Light, Sacred Flame, Resistance, Guidance
Prepared 1st Level Spells:
Bless, Command, Cure Wounds, Detect Magic, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Shield of Faith

As a life cleric you are proficient with heavy armor too. Also your prepared spells should be 2 from the domain, 1 from your cleric level +3 from your wisdom modifier...or is there something I missed :P And cantrips should be 3 too.

Stiltzkinator

Quote from: Aenon on March 16, 2019, 03:15:56 PM
As a life cleric you are proficient with heavy armor too. Also your prepared spells should be 2 from the domain, 1 from your cleric level +3 from your wisdom modifier...or is there something I missed :P And cantrips should be 3 too.

Quite right! Fixed.

Dreaming Space

I'm very interested, if you're still taking more people. I could play either an adventurers (or even several at once), or an overlord, whatever's needed. I would prefer to play an overlord.  I like the idea of dungeon-building. :D

“It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”
― Terry Pratchett

Kathyan

One of the players playing an overlord is missing so we could make use of another one but more adventurers are also welcome. Feel free to submit your ideas. :)

Dreaming Space

Quote from: Aenon on November 16, 2018, 07:21:29 AM

However, I will be picking 1 overlord every 4 adventurers.

To apply a character post here with the following info:
- Character name.
- Overlord or Adventurer?
- Some short description/backstory for your char.
- Expected posting rate (so you can be paired with ppl who have similar rate).
- If you are ok at least with the O/O mentioned above, and to what degree (for pairing reasons again).

I have not read the entire thread yet. Pardon me if I missed something important, I'll edit this post to fill out my sheet as people explain what I may have done wrong.

I can post once a day. I can post more extensively (longer posts, bookkeeping-heavy posts) towards the beginning part of the week.

I don't think there's anything in the O/O I can't handle. Sometimes transformations are hot, same with impregnations, non-con is fine...I suppose it's hypocritical, but I prefer doing bad things to other characters than having them happen to mine. I'm not likely to kill off PCs unless the player really wants a death scene. I'd much rather mess with them some and let them go, or send them off to the Demon Queen as slaves, or a different overlord as bait, whatever.

Name: Woe Merai
Overlord
Background: Woe is a tiefling sorcerer who considers himself to be a professional. The Demon Queen is hiring him to perform a certain task, and he will perform it to the best of his ability. He takes significant pride in this. However, he also understands there is more than pure efficiency in play. He intends to display showmanship.

Woe and some of his fellow Tieflings were driven forth from the town they had called home (and they hadn't even done anything wrong! Well, best to make up for missed opportunities...), and he's happy to amuse the Demon Queen in return for enough power to ensure that never happens to him again. He doesn't consider himself particularly evil. The kind of people who delve into dungeons know what they're in for - they choose to play the game. (And, perhaps, his dungeon could be close to the place he used to live? He'd probably prefer to conduct any kidnappings against a community he personally considers to be guilty.)

I guess I need some guidance on a sheet. Should I just make him as a level 1 PC? Can someone tell me where the rules for dungeon-building in this campaign are?
“It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”
― Terry Pratchett