TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssieth

Quote from: Oreo on July 06, 2015, 05:13:41 PM
Yes, I have it checked for the Elliquiy Improver.

Hokay.. stay with me whilst I ask a host of stupid questions to try and get to the bottom of it...

Next up - do you see any new menus?  Script Settings in particular.. it should be on the same menu as "Home", "Search" etc
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (13th November 2023)
One-on-one ideas (5th July 2023)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Oreo

Nope. : (

I have:

Home
    Help
    Search
    Admin
    Moderate
    My Messages
    My Bookmarks
    Calendar
    Members
    Logout

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Ssieth

Quote from: Oreo on July 06, 2015, 05:24:50 PM
Nope. : (

I have:

Home
    Help
    Search
    Admin
    Moderate
    My Messages
    My Bookmarks
    Calendar
    Members
    Logout

Hmmm.. stranger and stranger.  OK - I've uploaded a new verions (v1.15.1) with a bit more debug info in.

If you could update to that version and then come back to E and reload the page here.  Then... press CTRL+ALT+J it should open the javascript console.  Click the clear button in there and then reload the E page again.  The let me know any error messages in there :)

Hopefully it's just some odd error with it picking up a strange character somewhere in your page view.

Oreo

CTRL+ALT+J doesn't open anything. I even totally rebooted my PC. Maybe it is because I have Firefox set to Classic Theme Restorer. : /

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Ssieth

Quote from: Oreo on July 06, 2015, 05:54:58 PM
CTRL+ALT+J doesn't open anything. I even totally rebooted my PC. Maybe it is because I have Firefox set to Classic Theme Restorer. : /

Ack = sorry - that's my fault.. it's CTRL+SHIFT+J :(  Sorry

Nowherewoman

Technical question- if a thread hidden or marked using filters is deleted by its author, will the filter entry likewise be deleted?
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Ssieth

Quote from: Nowherewoman on July 07, 2015, 10:05:19 AM
Technical question- if a thread hidden or marked using filters is deleted by its author, will the filter entry likewise be deleted?

Nope - sorry.  It is there until you kill it off yourself.

I may write something at some point to allow you to do a sweep through them and clean up for deleted threads.  It's likely to be quite page-load intensive though so I'd end up gobbling it to make sure it didn't put too much load the server.  As a result you'd be looking at 2-3 seconds for each topic to be checked I'd think.

Nowherewoman

*nod* What I figured, just thought I'd check, though. Thanks, hun!
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Ssieth

Quote from: Nowherewoman on July 07, 2015, 10:34:06 AM
*nod* What I figured, just thought I'd check, though. Thanks, hun!

Oh - just to let you know what I've got coming up in the next version (as soon as it's polished enough for release):

• Ability to create filters from a list of topics rather than having to go into each of them
  • Ability to export and import settings (so that you can carry them across browsers)
  • (currently being considered) Some more filter options so that you can highlight posts in different ways

Ssieth

v1.16.0 is out with the following features:

• Topics can now be filtered from the topic list rather than having to go into each one.  Just click the image on the far left of the topic row.  This only works in the main board list rather than in bookmarks etc.
  • Added a hilight option to filters. This sets the background for that topic to yellow in the topic list for that board.
  • You can now export/import settings (from the Script Settings menu).  Beware - this is a risky operation as messing with text in even seemingly minor ways can really send things screwy.
  • The picture remover now works in PMs as well as forum topics.  It also attempted to replace the image with a blank white one of the same size (to keep formatting etc).  This fails with spoiler-hidden images which are removed instead.

Ssieth

Sorry - also meant to say not luck debugging SB colour issues in chrome yet - still looking into it...

Ritsu

Question, I know with Veks trying to make the move to elkart things are going to change as far as the codebase is concenerd, etc. Including the upgrade of the pm system apparently. That being said,

1) What does that mean for this script,

2) Is it possible/worth it to give some added PM functionality a la tagging messages/whole conversations and sorting them similarly to bookmarks?

Ssieth

Quote from: Ritsu on July 08, 2015, 09:05:33 AM
Question, I know with Veks trying to make the move to elkart things are going to change as far as the codebase is concenerd, etc. Including the upgrade of the pm system apparently. That being said,

1) What does that mean for this script,

2) Is it possible/worth it to give some added PM functionality a la tagging messages/whole conversations and sorting them similarly to bookmarks?

Hmm.. as far as #1 is concerned, I don't know.  There's an element of suck it and see there I'm afraid.  That said - having experienced a codebase change on Storium (other RP site I have a script for) it wasn't _too_ disruptive.  The script basically failed to do much of any use for a day or two but was easy enough for me to fix when I got the time. 

With regard #2 it's certainly something I can look into.  I current have messages threaded myself which adds a bit of extra complexity but I also get frustrated with the PM interface.  I'll take a poke and get back to you :)

Ritsu

Quote from: Ssieth on July 08, 2015, 09:14:38 AM
Hmm.. as far as #1 is concerned, I don't know.  There's an element of suck it and see there I'm afraid.  That said - having experienced a codebase change on Storium (other RP site I have a script for) it wasn't _too_ disruptive.  The script basically failed to do much of any use for a day or two but was easy enough for me to fix when I got the time. 

With regard #2 it's certainly something I can look into.  I current have messages threaded myself which adds a bit of extra complexity but I also get frustrated with the PM interface.  I'll take a poke and get back to you :)
*nods* I keep all my convos threaded as well, its so much more natural that way.

Thanks for looking into it!

Oh! Another idea in the same vein, if you have them threaded is there any way to populate the list of previous replies you see below yours when youre typing up a reply further than just the one that you get by default?

Ssieth

Quote from: Ritsu on July 08, 2015, 09:18:31 AM
*nods* I keep all my convos threaded as well, its so much more natural that way.

Thanks for looking into it!

Oh! Another idea in the same vein, if you have them threaded is there any way to populate the list of previous replies you see below yours when youre typing up a reply further than just the one that you get by default?

OK - that is now on my look-into list too :)

I've also released v1.16.1 which treats images in spoiler sections differently when removing images.  Rather than removing the image, it adds some text to the spoiler to indicate that it has pictures.

Ritsu

Reno

Found another one for you, Ssieth (hope you don't mind).

Removing Donor/News blocks, and randomizing the SB color don't work if you disable both Auto-updates.

Line 1938:

if (intUnreadMinutes>0 || intMailMinutes>0) {

Might work (with current functionality, at least) with something like
       if (intUnreadMinutes>0 || intMailMinutes>0 || blSBColourRandom || userDepReady) {

The ticker doesn't start unless one of those two options is on, but the ticker also controls the userlevel-dependent functions, and the SB randomization.

Hope that helps.

Ssieth

Thanks for spotting that and you're pretty much spot on with your analysis, Reno.  The only trouble is that userDepReady might not be set by the time that bit of code is reached (as it's inside an asynchronous call) but it does need to kick up the tick engine.  Given that userDepReady is always going to be required to fire off stuff at some point then it actually makes sense to kick off the tick engine at that point anyway so I'll add the call to there :)

Reno

Sorry, the nic withdrawal is kicking in and I just kinda couldn't bother to backtrace the boolean all the way.

Reno is a bad, lazy beta tester. *bashes head on cabinet*

Ssieth

Quote from: Reno on July 08, 2015, 02:22:44 PM
Sorry, the nic withdrawal is kicking in and I just kinda couldn't bother to backtrace the boolean all the way.

Reno is a bad, lazy beta tester. *bashes head on cabinet*

Lol - async calls are a head trip at the best of times...

v1.16.2 is out and should have the fix in :)

Rogue

So issue. I just installed tamper monkey and the script to help a friend who's using chrome, and I can't see any of the normal effects of the script like I can on firefox, (neither can they, which is the issue they were having.) So I don't know if it's just new installs on chrome, or the new patch bugging out on chrome or what, It's currently dead in the water for both of us.

Ritsu

In addition, in FF book mark tag filtering is broken, and the debugging info window wont pop up when I check the menu in the setttings.

Ssieth

Quote from: Rogue on July 08, 2015, 06:33:51 PM
So issue. I just installed tamper monkey and the script to help a friend who's using chrome, and I can't see any of the normal effects of the script like I can on firefox, (neither can they, which is the issue they were having.) So I don't know if it's just new installs on chrome, or the new patch bugging out on chrome or what, It's currently dead in the water for both of us.

OK - it should now be working.  For some reason Chrome really objects to declaring variables inside the declaration of a for loop seemingly.  Changing that has fixed it :)

I think I've also fixed the Chrome shoutbox colour issue :)

v1.16.3 is the new release

Ssieth

Quote from: Ritsu on July 08, 2015, 07:13:40 PM
In addition, in FF book mark tag filtering is broken, and the debugging info window wont pop up when I check the menu in the setttings.

Eek!  It seems to be working fine for me in v1.6.0->1.6.3.  What symptoms are you seeing?  Is it that you can't add new tags, can't get your BM list trimmed down or something else?

Can you also try pressing CTRL+SHIFT+J?  If you do that you that, click clear and the refresh your E page you should see a line like "Starting Elliquiy Improver v1.16.3".  And then potentially some error messages.  Those messages might point me in the right direction...

Ssieth

A very small update: 1.16.4 to improve the methodology for hiding images.  The main noticeable difference will be that images should remain hidden when you are replying to a post.