My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (Game Thread)

Started by Empyrean, August 19, 2011, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

Luna smiled at Timber Crash. "Of course. Dusk and I will get to the bottom of this, you can count on it."

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk nodded quietly at Luna. She completely ignored heavy hoof as he made his silly comment. "It's disturbing to see how effective this was...though I wonder what pony if any would do something like this?" She was lost in thought as she looked back and forth around the clearing.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Mac84

No Mark was his usual quiet self as the other ponies spoke. He nodded in agreement with Heavy Hoof's proclamation that the three Earth Ponies would help.  When Luna asked him and Timber Crash to assuage the fears of the other ponies, he eagerly agreed

"Of Course. Timber Crash and I will do our best."

No Mark set out for the town. He was thinking how best to deal with this. As he looked at the sun, he guessed the time was nearly 4 in the afternoon and the thought of the Party popped in his head. He changed course and made his way to Heavy Hoof's farm. even from a distance, he could see a good majority of the town has already arrived. He stopped himself just outside the gate and waited till he caught his breath. it would be hard to convince others that nothing's wrong if he looked like he had just ran a marathon. after a few minutes, he lazily walked up the trail towards the barn.  Almost instantly he encountered the over energetic Sugar Cube.

" Hey No Mark. I got the Cakes, I got the Candy. When will Princess Luna be arriving"

Sugar Cubes over excited nature was started to unnerve No Mark.

"Oh, Oh. what was all that thunder and Lightening earlier? Did you see it? Did you hear it? I thought for a moment i heard a voice as well. Huh Huh"

her Mention of the storm snapped him back to the task at hand.

"Oh um. That wasn't really anything. I guess the Weather ponies wanted to surprise everyone with a rain burst."

No Mark hoped that this would believable"

"Oh OK"

Sugar Cube bought it hook, line and sinker.

"What about the Princess? When will she be arrive?

"Uh, She is looking into something, but she expresses her apologies and asked if we can postpone the party for another time"

"And She said this to you I presume?"

No Mark spun around at the sound of the Haughty Voice. It belonged to Silver Spoon. A pony that was the only son to one of an influential Family in town. He believed himself superior to other ponies cause of his status.

"I find it very doubtful that Her Grace would bother with an embarrassment such as you. to be seen with one without a Cutie Mark at your age. It is simply, well, Disgracful.

No Marks ears and Tail drooped as the other ponies began to gather round. No Mark never liked being the center of attention as it was usually about his being without a cutie mark. He bit his lower lip and summoned his courage.

"She is my friend."

Silver Spoon let out and Arrogant guffaw as if he caught No Mark in some sort of Trap.

"I am sure she was simply pitying you. Your most likely bothering her and should leave her and her true friends be"

With that, Silver Spoon walked off. His arrogant laugh hanging on the air.   

Empyrean

Luna bent her head to examine the magical residue. It was...haunting. Something about it seemed familiar. It teased and danced at the edges of her senses but at the same time a part of her mind rose up to block it out. She shook her head as if in pain, trying to think through the sudden pounding that had erupted in her head.

Dusk could see that the black traces of magic formed a semi-circle around the valley. It started where the grass withered, entered the valley, then darted to the right and made a shallow crescent before charging right at the silo. Then it became a cloyingly thick knot around the silo and the guard ponies. But if she strained, she could just make out a tiny trail of magic, black hoofprints in the withered grass, leading behind the silo and away into the distance.

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk studied these black hoofprints "Princess.....come look at these" she was slowly fallowing them as she spoke. it bothered her that these hoof prints were radiating the same venomous magic that the ponies around them radiated. it was the most bizzarre thing the scholarly unicorn had ever seen.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Empyrean

Luna came over. "Yes Dusk?" She peered down at the hoofprints. "This is...troubling. Either this means a pony did this, or a pony's been contaminated by the magic. At least, that's what I think." She looked at Dusk. "I'll go get the others. Please, don't follow this on your own. We should investigate together, and no one should be left behind."

With that, she would take wing to Maneflow, to find each of their friends and let them know about the discovery.

FazzEagle

Heavy Hoof had just arrived at his barn once more after safely bringing the Mayor back to his house, and now it looked like Heavy Hoof had the ponies who came for the party to deal with. As they spotted him, most of the ponies - especially the young females - greeted him, and he greeted them back in his usual cocky and confident nature.

"Hey, looking beautiful. Save me a dance? Haha. Right back at you, buddy. Thanks for coming." Then, upon spotting the less popular No Mark, the manly pony trotted closer, suddenly slapping No Mark's back in greeting. "Well, looks like you got things under control here, Blank Flank! Now leave the rest... to the Hoofster." He proceeded to make his way to the center of the barn. "Hey, ponies, listen up! The Hoofster's got something to say!" As if completely in control, the Ponies all around him went silent and turned their attentions to him. "Hey... how're you all doing? Sorry to tell you all this but there might be a change of plans! There'll probably be no party today." The ponies all moaned and groaned in dissatisfaction. "I KNOW, I KNOW, but hear me out! The Princess may not be able to show up today but uh..." He looked around him for a moment as he tried to find an excuse. "... but she said we could still party in her honor! YEAH!"

And just like that, the ponies around him cheered and confetti were thrown across the room, and music was soon playing in the background while Heavy Hoof himself backed away to No Mark, motioning to him to follow him out of the barn. Once they were outside, he closed the barn doors behind him and the pony sighed.

"That'll keep them busy for now," he said, "Now to wait for the Princess and Lumy. Where's ol' Tree Hugger anyway?"

Empyrean

Luna descended just as Hoof was wondering that. "Heavy Hoof! There you are! There's been a new development. Dusk found some hoofprints, and I think that means there's a contaminated pony out there in the hills somewhere. Have you seen Timber Crash and No Mark? I think all of us should go together to investigate. Strength in numbers and all."

FazzEagle

"Uh... Blank Flank's right here." The Pony stepped aside, revealing that he was apparently hidden behind Heavy Hoof's bigger structure. "Not... exactly sure where Tree Hugger went though. Eh, probably enjoying another one of his... water... river... tour... things. Anyways, you're saying there's a sick Pony out there? Then we'd better hurry and find 'em before he ends up like those others. Ugh, I wouldn't want to, that's for sure."

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk stopped in her tracks when the princess suggested she wait until her return with the others. " well this is troublesome" she sighed. Her hoofs were tapping idly as she walked back and forth.

Mac84

The suddenness appearance of Heavy Hoof banished the darkening thoughts from No Mark's mind. The encounter with Silver spoon was in the past and he was needed in the present.

"Yes Princess. Please lead the Way."

HopeFox

Timber Crash trotted into view from the direction of Maneflow's market, harnessed to a wagon laden with hay and vegetables. He picked up his pace as he saw everypony else gathered outside the barn, quickly coming to a halt near them.

"Sorry I took so long, everypony. I thought I'd canter down to the marketplace so I could spread the word that everything was okay there. Told everypony it was an emergency thunderstorm to make up for the clear weather we set up for the Princess's welcome. That works, right?"

He looked from the barn to his friends. "There's a sick pony spreading this... this contamination?" His voice dropped, his usually cheerful expression sobering to one of deep concern. "That's awful. You're right, we really need to stop everypony from finding out about this until we know more. Just let me drop this food off and I'll be right with you."

Timber Crash dug his hooves into the ground and dragged the wagon the last few steps to the front door of the barn, and knocked. A herd of excited ponies swarmed out and emptied the wagon even before he had released himself from the harness. He shoved the empty wagon against the side of the barn and trotted back to his friends. His long green tail lashed from side to side in agitation. "Alright, let's do this. The sooner we start on this, the sooner we can put an end to it."
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Empyrean

Luna nodded to Crash, and then spread her wings. "Then let's go everypony!" She would lead the way back to where Dusk was, setting a fast pace but not a punishing one. Who knew what was up ahead after all. They'd need their strength.

When they arrived, Luna smiled quickly to Dusk. "Okay. Lead the way Dusk. We're counting on you to guide us to the sick one."

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk nearly jumped out of shock when the princess returned. "Yes of course" she turned and started fallowing the trail of the glowing hoofprints. She didn't know what to expect. Would it be a sick pony or would it be something more sinister? she didn't know but she'd be damned if she let anything happen to her friends.

Empyrean

Dusk could see the hoofprints leading off into the hills beyond the silo. Luna followed behind her at a moderate pace, walking instead of flying. It would be a long hike, at least two hours, before the trail of devastated nature began to pick back up in a shallow grove of trees. Anyone familiar with the area could have sworn these trees were healthy and strong just a few days ago. Now they looked as if they had been dead for centuries.

Up ahead, just beyond the bushes that covered the hillside bordering the grove, was a light that fluctuated in pale greens and purples and caused Luna to shiver for a reason she couldn't explain. All was deathly silent about them, with no trace of animal or even plant life now. 

HopeFox

Timber Crash turned his head up to gaze at Luna as she took to the air, and cantered quickly after her. Surely somepony as old and wise as Princess Luna will be able to fix this, he thought as he ran. And I'll be able to help!

He waved to Dusk as they arrived back on the scene, trying to remain cheerful despite the gravity of recent events. He trotted along behind Dusk and Luna, swinging his head from side to side as he walked, paying close attention to the scenery.

"This isn't right," he muttered as they reached the devastated grove, eyeing the dead trees. "I was up here just a fortnight ago, and everything was fine. These trees... look at the branches where they meet the trunks. See how they look shrunken. These trees have been dead for years... but they can't have been. I don't like this one bit." He kept his attention on Princess Luna, and altered his pace to trot alongside Heavy Hoof. His eyes kept drifting to the tree mark on his flank as he walked.

Mac84

No Mark was the trailing the herd, but kept up with the others. Unsure of what use he could be. Looking at the trees, while not familiar, he could tell something was not natural about them.

As they reached a group of bushes. No Mark saw the fluctuating light as did everyone else. Even with fear screaming in the back of his mind he approached the brushes and the Light. Putting himself between it and his new friends. He would protect his friends even at putting himself at risk.  He stamped the ground hard in a show of force.

"C-Come out and Answer for what you have done!"

Never being one to raise his voice. No-Mark hoped he sounded brave and not scared out of his wits like he truly was. 

FazzEagle

"Yikes," Heavy Hoof said as he scanned his surroundings, looking at the various dead trees and shrubs that should not have been, "Now these plants could use some exercise.. they're all so fragile! Even more than Blank Flank here." He stopped to glance at No Mark for a moment, but then smirked as he thumped his No Mark's side with his hoof. "I'm just messing around! You're alright, Blank Flank. But I agree with Tree Lover over there: these trees look like they didn't have anything to drink for a long time. "Hey, Princess!" He turned his eyes towards Luna, walking somewhere behind her and Luminescent Dusk. "What did you say was causing all this then? Is it... some kind of disease going around or... some kind of hockus-pockus thing of thing...?"

Empyrean

"I'm not sure." Her voice was hesitant. "It feels strangely familiar but I can't quite place it."

"THEN ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN!" The voice came from everywhere and nowhere at once. Luna tensed. Seconds later, the dead trees blasted apart, showering them all with splinters and branches. From the valley below rose the pale light. It kept rising until it stood before them atop the hill, fully revealed.

It was...a filly. A tiny green unicorn filly with a flaming red mane and tail. She had a black circle for a cutie mark, and where the whites of her eyes should have been all was black. The pupils were gold flames that leapt and guttered sporadically. She didn't even come up to the forelegs of any of the ponies there. The hazy purplish-black aura that surrounded her choked the air with the stench of decaying flesh and vegetation. 

"I AM PESTILENCE AND I HAVE COME TO AVENGE MYSELF ON ALL WHO HAVE THWARTED ME!" The black aura flared higher, dimming the sky. 'EVERYPONY IN MANEFLOW WILL DIE FOR THE WAY THEY HAVE TREATED ME, AND THEN I'LL BRING PUNISHMENT TO ALL EQUESTRIA! HAHAHAHA!" The voice was the squeaky voice of a filly who hadn't reached full marehood, but at the same time it was overlaid by a deeper, more sinister and resonant voice. The flaming gold eyes turned to Luna and narrowed. 'AND YOU! YOU'LL PAY FOR REJECTING ME!"

Luna looked confused. "Have we met?"

The filly snorted, pawing the ground as if she would charge. "FOAL! I WAS YOU FOR A THOUSAND YEARS, NIGHTMARE MOON! DID THE ELEMENTS STRIP EVEN THE MEMORY OF ME FROM YOU? WELL DON'T WORRY. I'LL REMIND YOU! I'LL SHOW THEM ALL AND THEN THEY'LL BE SORRY FOR MOCKING AND REJECTING US!" She reared up, the aura flaring darker and filling the air with dark smoke. Her laughter spiraled up with the smoke, cracking and breaking shrilly, as if she couldn't control it, or wasn't used to vocal chords.

Luna meanwhile, had reared up in shock. Then she'd gone extremely pale before collapsing to all four knees and bowing her head, stunned and disbelieving.

FazzEagle

"LOOK OUT...!" Heavy Hoof instinctively stepped forward in front of both Luna and Luminescent Dusk as the trees were blown apart, shielding them from the incoming splinters with his larger body - thankfully nothing serious happened. "What in the name of Hoof WAS that??" He looked back at Luna and Luminescent Dusk for a brief moment, a misplaced smile on his face. "And you're welcome."

Though soon the mysterious voice startled him, and with widened eyes he looked towards the filly that rose. He watched and stood silent as the filly and the Princess went into what looked like an argument, but of course Heavy Hoof could not exactly follow what was actually going on.

"That's real nice," Heavy Hoof said, stepping closer to the filly with confidence and a feel of authority, "Kid, you're a good actor but we grown-ups are kind of busy at the moment. Now why don't you run along back home before your mommy and daddy gets---"

As the filly's dark aura grew intense, Heavy Hoof quickly took a step back, watching as the clouds above darkened in tone and color.

"HOW IS SHE ABLE TO DO ALL THIS...!?"

pendarious

Luminescent Dusks cape was all a flutter with the wind caused by explosion and her hat was knocked clean off her head. "well I must say that was quite a blast" she remarked dryly as she telepathically retrieved her hat. Once it was back on her head and dusted she looked to see the green filly and listen to her rant for revenge. "Quite fascinating to see you in the body of a filly Nightmare Moon."

Luminescent Dusk was holding her head straight and was speaking rather sarcastically to the former dark Alicorn who had caused mch terror. Despite the power the little creature was emitting her sarcastic nature seemed to prevent her from being alarmed by the tiny body that was using all of this power. "So you plan to poison and starve us to death?"

HopeFox

Timber Crash grew more anxious as he regarded the sickly green light. "That can't be natural," he muttered.

He ducked his head as the dead trees exploded, whinnying in horror and fear. Trembling, he raised his head to watch the light rise to the peak of the hill, then let out a neigh of surprise when the monster was revealed to be a tiny unicorn filly. He recoiled at the stench of decaying vegetation, raising one fetlock to cover his nose.

He stared in amazement and horror as Pestilence made her speech, his mind racing. This filly... this creature... had something to do with Nightmare Moon? Did Luna bring something evil back with her from the moon? In any event...

"Pestilence?" he growled, staring at the unusual creature. "This is all your doing, isn't it? The dying grass, the dead trees..."

"NO!" Timber Crash bellowed, leaping forward and stamping at the ground in defiance. "Nopony touches these woods! This is our home and our fields and I don't care if you're a unicorn or a princess or Nightmare Moon herself come to gobble us all up, I'm not going to let you do this! And neither are my friends, especially not..."

He looked over his shoulder, to see Luna on her knees. He turned back to the unicorn filly in rage. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE PRINCESS?"

Empyrean

The little filly's laugh scaled down as she looked at the group before her. There was an arrogance and contempt in her golden eyes that mocked them but her voice became softer.

"I didn't do anything to your precious Princess. Not yet anyways. She's just realizing that I was born from her. You see my little ponies, I am that which lurked in her heart for a thousand years. All the hate, rage, and insanity. I was her only companion on the moon. I drowned out that little weak voice that spoke about her sister's love or the admiration of her subjects. I kept her mind and spirit intact on that miserable rock! If it weren't for me, she'd have died in despair, miserable and alone!" She turned her burning eyes on Luna, who had started sobbing. "And for all that she couldn't stay loyal to me when I needed her. She let Celestia's foalish little pawns purify her. They threw me out of her and she allowed it with her idiotic weakness! She let that little purple one rant on instead of just destroying them. It's her fault I've taken this body. They cast me out of her and thought me destroyed but I escaped. I escaped then and now I'm in this fresh new body. Now I'll finish the great work of laying this miserable world low, and this time there is no pony who can stop me!" The filly reared up, laughing.

pendarious

Luminescent Dusk was taken aback by the philly's announcement "what a crazy plan youve got there" she couldn't fight this creature with magic she didn't have that kind of power. She wasn't twilight sparkle so she didn't have the elements of harmony at her disposal. "this....may be bad" she muttered softly. All signs of bravado had faded as she realized that Luna had been effected in such a manner. "Princess..." she stated softly as she started to back away from the little philly.

FazzEagle

Heavy Hoof looked at his companions, especially the Princess who appeared to be the most affected by the little filly's words. A frown soon took over Hoof's expression, and he straightened himself up as he turned his attention back to the strange young Pony. "Now wait just a minute there, kiddo!" Heavy Hoof said with a voice of authority, "I may not have been paying attention to most of that... 'cause frankly if it wasn't for all this mumbo jumbo, I'd be paying attention to Lumy and the Princess. But that's not the point! The point is... if the Princess didn't have any friends then - well, she has the best friends anyone could ever ask for now! ... oh and there's Tree Lover and Blank Flank over there too - they're alright."

He motioned his head to the other two, apparently showing that they weren't forgotten.

"Now I suggest you come down here and stop whatever you're doing!" Heavy Hoof said, "Because I spent a LONG time setting up this party. You have ANY idea how hard it is to get all that food and props? REALLY HARD."