Re:Roman Camp Half-Blood: Looking for more Demigods! Roman Myth based game!

Started by Aiden, June 19, 2011, 12:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niferbelle

Name: Veralie Lamb 

God or Goddess Parent: Proserpina

Claimed or Unclaimed: Claimed

Any Background Info: Veralie was delivered to the camp on her second birthday by a servant of Proserpina and it is the only home she has ever known. Right from the start Veralie had to work a little harder to keep up with the children of the greater gods, battling her own gentle nature and lesser power base to keep up. The Lupa has always and continues to push her hard and refers to her usually as 'The Lamb' (as in 'to the slaughter'), an attitude that has rubbed off on many of her fellow campers and led to her adopting Lamb as her last name as she did not have one. But even the Lupa recognizes that Veralie always gives her best effort and even though not as strong as the others, has never shown cowardice.

Veralie is generally good-natured, and while she's not exactly naive, it is in her nature to be helpful which has sometimes led to others taking advantage of her. She has will take a stand though when she sees a wrong being done and so isn't a complete pushover. Like her abilities, her personality changes with the seasons -- in the spring and summer she is lively and outgoing but much quieter and more introspective in the autumn and fall. This is becoming more pronounced as she gets older.     

Fatal Flaw: Feeling of Inadequacy

Weapon or Skill: staff, baston (double), trained in improvising weapons
Exhibits lesser abilities of Ceres and Pluto depending on season.

Physical Description: Veralie Stands about 5'3", slender but with a curvy figure though she dresses modestly enough that it's easy for it to go unnoticed. Her skin is pale no matter how much time she sends in the sun in stark contrast to her eyes and hair. Her hair is black and glossy, cut in layers to just below her shoulders, her large eyes equally as dark. She has soft, rounded features that tend to put her immediately in the 'cute' camp and gives her the air of a gamine. 

Future Goals: Mostly Veralie just wants to feel equal to the others around her. She daydreams about one day finding a way to distinguish herself not for personal glory but to earn a place among her peers.

Fears: being bound or restrained, public speaking

Likes: cooperation, games (not the social kind), being useful, strong personalities 

Dislikes: being alone, not knowing how to flirt, being put on the spot   

Aiden

Welcome to the game, Niferbelle Go ahead and post your sheet here.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110888.0

Drop by our OOC, be warned we are a chatty group.

Since you have been at the camp since age two she will know the in and outs of the camp. Currently, the campers have returned from a march in the woods (with the monsters) when they where unexpectedly ambushed by skeletal warriors.

Some died (npc) but for the most part the campers rallied back and fought their way back to camp (only children of Pluto can truly kill them, and you- Even if it is not your season to do it- She can kill one a few before exhausting herself).

Currently all the campers are gathering at the coliseum.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110978.0

Most of them are bruised, battered, bloody and muddy.

Strange things have been happening, unclaimed demigods (age 16+) have been arriving at the camp after many years of no young children arriving to be raised by the Lupa.

If you have any questions, post it in our OOC.

Looking for some Male Demigods, we have plenty of lovely ladies.

Aiden

Had a sudden surge of female campers, looking for a few male campers to balance out.

Oral addiction

I am totally interested.  So if you're still looking for males I'll read up on what has been going on and send you a character profile in the next couple of days.

Aiden

Sounds good, We are recruiting Demigods from the following:

Jupiter quota filled
Neptune  quota filled
Mars:
Juno:  (Not allowed)
Venus:
Pluto:  -- one more allowed
Vesta: (Not allowed)
Vulcan:  quota filled
Minerva:
Mercury:
Apollo: quota filled
Diana: (Not allowed)
Ceres:

Please PM over the lesser gods, first.
Cupid:
Discordia:
Mors:
Rivalitas:
Sol:
Faunus:
Proserpina:
Bacchus:
Janus:
Iris:
Somnos:
Trivia:
Saturn:
Terra:
Ops:
Juvantas:
Somnia:
Fortuna:
Flora:

Oral addiction

I am thinking about a hulking son of Mars... There since age 2 and just returning from a quest of my own which explains my absence in the story threads thus far.  I'm working reading the threads and writing up a background etc.  I'll send my CS as soon as I can.

Aiden

Sounds good.

Currently the Sons of Mars have a new camper- Martin who arrived the day of the summer banquet.
Another unclaimed son has arrived at the camp also, Anduin.

The sons of Mars lost their cabin leader two summers ago with the "Sword of Mars" and has been leaderless. After an event in the woods, his sword has been found and Achilles has handed the sword to the Children of Mars and ordered them to find a new Cabin Leader between them.

Sets up for them to put on gladiatorial games to see who can prove themselves worthy to lead the children of the war god.

Kendra

Oral! *hugs* it'd be great to have you on board - can't wait to see who you come up with ;)

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Oral addiction

EvilEye

If we need more males Im willing to play another character, may of Mercury or Venus? I dont Care Its up to you.
“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”
Oscar Wilde
Love is like a glass door… sometimes you don’t see it, and it smacks you right in your face.
~Anonymous

My O/O's  My Ideas  I apologize.

Kendra

must I crack the whip Oral? :P

EvilEye that's entirely up to you. You only have the one character so far, so if you want to make a male one as your second feel free or wait until the halt on females is up and create another female character then.

EvilEye

I ment make a male, I can play males ok...they are just a little bit sensitive.
“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”
Oscar Wilde
Love is like a glass door… sometimes you don’t see it, and it smacks you right in your face.
~Anonymous

Kendra

*chuckles* don't let the males I know hear you say that ;)

either Mercury or Venus is fine EE, again it's up to you - there is plenty of room in those houses.
the power base for both gods are below ;)

Venus (Aphrodite):
Venus was greatly revered by the Romans and like the Greeks, envisioned the Roman Venus as the most powerful and beautiful goddess of all
    *  hey can attract the opposite gender when they walk by.
    * Magical control over clothes, makeup, and jewelry.
    * Minor degree of love magic.
    * May be able to make anything neat because their cabin is never messy.

Mercury (Hermes):
The Romans envisioned Mercury as more of a god of commerce and trade.
    * Hermes is the god of thieves, so they might have a supernatural way of stealing things without others noticing.
    * Hermes is also a traveler god, so the children of Hermes could be able to "teleport."
    * Hermes is the god of sports and athletics, so his demigod children may excel in athletics.

EvilEye

Name: Merlin Silver
God or Goddess Parent: Mercury
Claimed or Unclaimed: claimed
Any Background Info: When Merlin was born his mom died because of complications and because she had a special diseases that had made it where she shouldn't have carried or given birth to a child. His grandparents then cared for him, they always resented him for 'killing' their daughter so one day when going through his moms things from the hospital he found a letter with the words 'To my baby' written on it and in one short paragraph he not only found out he was a gods son, but that he was claimed and should have gone to a special camp for others like him after a few years. Merlin never told his grandparents what he had found but just kept it to himself. Finding the camp was just luck because for some reason he decided to camp in the woods and when hiking stumbled across it while trying to teleport to a safe place. Every sense he was eleven he knew he could teleport and that he was unnaturally good at sports.
Fatal Flaw: Cocky, either trusts to easily or does not trust enough, doesn't listen to others.
Weapon or Skill: Can box, kick box, well just most sports and can teleport
Physical Description:Merlin stands 6'4 was sandy, strawberry blond hair and silver eyes that when mad verge on black.His clothing style is comfortable with a slight under feel of punk.

Extra info- will help me develop quest/ideas for the game.
Future Goals He wants to be olympic track star or UFC fighter but first he wants to learn about his dad.
Fears Ghost, lightning, loud noises
LikesBlue, dogs, teleporting
DislikesBlood, clowns, his grandparents.
Oscar Wilde
~Anonymous

Josietta

Ooooooo he's a cutie!!  I'd play a male as well but I have my two characters already. ;D

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Aiden

Evileye- Character looks good, I am only allowing players to have (2) characters at this time. This will be your second, if that alright with you, you can move him to the approved thread.

Oral addiction

Sorry RL prevented me from being able to post my CS last night.  I'll finish it up this morning get it up here.

@ Kendra... Oww. You know I love it when you crack me with your whip

Oral addiction

Ok, put the whip down woman... here it is. 

Now I have a bunch of reading to do so I am up to snuff with all of the different story threads.

Name: Areli Zubin
God or Goddess Parent: Mars
Claimed or Unclaimed: Claimed

Background Info: Areli’s Mother was born and raised in Israel.  Rising quickly through the ranks of Israeli police she entered the Mossad.  During a joint military operation with The US Secret Service and the Israeli Mossad she was invited to train in the US as part of a joint anti-terrorism task force.  It was during the years spent in the US, stationed at Camp Pendleton in San Diego, she met and fell in lust with a rugged Marine Captain who oversaw the training of troops from all branches of the US military as well as those from foreign countries.  Their affair was torrid, passionate, and short lived as he was called to change stations.  It was several months afterwards that she discovered that he had left her with child.  Days later she received dual citizenship papers, and a note from the marine identifying himself as Mars, the Roman God of War, and requesting that she remain in the States and raise his son until the age of two and then to leave him with Lupa at Wolf House.  What she chose to do afterwards was up to her.  She did as asked but remained in the San Diego area and still has regular contact with her son who is now a man grown and living in the Mars cabin at Camp Half-Blood but is old enough to be allowed the freedom to leave camp when he chooses.

Fatal Flaw: Areli's FF is that he has a tremendously hard time asking for help.  He is of the school that anything that is worth being done should be able to be done by you.  Therefore, when faced with a challenge he will not ask for others to assist, even if the task is too hard for one person.  The side effect of this attitude is that he has trouble delegating or collaborating with others and can be more than a little resistant to other’s ideas unless that person has a proven track record of good ideas (As an example he has little trouble trusting the opinion of Minerva’s kids because of their historical record for wisdom)

Weapon or Skill: Storm of War – Double-Headed Spear with magical enchantments in each tip which are made of Imperial Gold.  One tip is capable of dealing a shock of lightening when striking.  The second tip is able to cast a concentrated burst of storm driven wind.  If the “Wind” end is driven downwards and used to strike the ground it will cause a pulse of wind and thunder to pulse in all directions (360 degrees) for about 15 feet knocking most foes from their feet and causing disorientation and temporary deafness or ringing of the ears. A gift of Aeolus for the completion of a quest and the defeat of several rogue Venti and the subsequent return of one of the escaped Anemoi Thuellai which had been set free by the Venti during the rampage of Typhon the previous summer.

Additionally he carries a wolf’s claw on a chain around his neck that, when pulled from the chain, transforms into a long sword with the head of a wolf on the pommel.  The blade is Cold Steel chased in Imperial Gold.  The sword was his original weapon and is a gift of his father, given on the day he was claimed; hence it bears the mark of Mars’ sacred animal (the wolf).  In addition to the spear and sword he carries a round shield with notches cut into each side that allow him to brace his spear while fighting.

Physical Description: Tall (6' 3") and heavily muscled the son of Mars looks like his namesake, or at least the form that Mars chose when he took Areli’s mother.  Though his mother has dark olive skin and raven black hair Areli has medium ash brown hair, trimmed close but not so high and tight as a US Marine would wear it.  His rugged good looks would allow him to pass for any highly athletic surfer from southern California.  The long and short is that he looks as though he could have easily walked off any Marine base where they trained special ops and bears the chiseled physique of any highly trained Marine crossed with an UFC light heavy-weight.  What distinguishes him are the tattoos he bears.  High on his right pectoral is the mark of the Roman legion super-imposed over the Wolf mark of his father.  It is significant not only of the sacred animal of Mars, but is also an outward sign of respect and deference to the camp director - Lupa (The Great Wolf Mother).  Across the back of his shoulders is written his personal motto – “Morte Prima di Disonore” - Death Before Dishonor.

Future Goals: In his spare time between training and serving the needs of the camp and the Gods Areli competes outside of camp in a semi professional MMA organization.  It is his goal that when he is no longer living at camp, due to his age, to train and compete in the UFC.  His training both in and out of camp make him more that formidable in the Octagon and he promises to do well.  He has also considered following in his parents footsteps and joining the US military in a Marine Force Recon division.
Fears: Failure, Betrayal, Losing his Honor in other’s eyes, Not being able to protect those that he cares about most... Dying without a weapon in his hand.
Likes: Motorcycles, fast cars, faster women, Roasted meat, cold beer, Gold Weapons and blowing shit up.
Dislikes: Learning from books, weakness, sneaky people, Salad, Not a dislike but more of a mistrust of the children of Vulcan for the fear that they will try to seek retribution against him for their father’s feud with Mars over Venus.

Aiden

Hey O.A,
Characte sheet looks good, welcome to the game. Go ahead and post your sheet here.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110888.0

A quick recap,
Since you have been at the camp since age two, you will know the in and outs of the camp. Currently, the campers have returned from a march in the woods (with the monsters) when they where unexpectedly ambushed by skeletal warriors.

Some died (npc) but for the most part the campers rallied back and fought their way back to camp (only children of Pluto can truly kill them). The sons of Mars and Vulcan played a crucial role in this, Mars even gave his sons a blessing.

Reading "No Man's land" will give you an idea on what was going on.

Currently all the campers are gathering at the coliseum.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110978.0

Most of them are bruised, battered, bloody and muddy.

Strange things have been happening, unclaimed demigods (age 16+) have been arriving at the camp after many years of no young children arriving to be raised by the Lupa. Since your character is strong enough to come and go, then you can play it off as a returning son after a year or 2 of being away, whichever you think will help you transition back into the game.

Kendra

awesome character as always Oral ;)
not fair that I didn't get a chance to use the whip though :P

*chuckles* but as one of my characters is one of the trainers ... I can still get to use one Bmwuahahahaha!!!  >:)

Oral addiction

Thank you for the invitation.  I'll transition into the game as soon as I can.  I'll be out much of today helping some friends move and I want to read up a bit more so I am fully apprised of the story thus far.  I'll figure where I've been but I don't think I've been gone long... Maybe a month or two on a quest or something of that nature.

@Kendra... Bring the whip and a lunch we may be at it for awhile... You know how I love it.

Aiden

It is "normal" for the seasonal (and stronger) campers to leave in the spring and fall and return for the winter and summer.
Some campers are "lifers" and they never leave the camp, you can decide what you want to be, but from your character sheet it appears he comes and goes.

Summer and winter has an increase in monster activity.

Josietta

Welcome to all the men folks!! I'd love to see a Venus type male! More Ares is cool too... I think a bi or gay Venus male would work great though. *nodnod*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kendra

Any questions you have Oral just pm myself and Aiden - we'll be happy to help ;)

LMAO if my girl is bringing the whip - then the least your guy can do is bring the lunch :P