Pantheons ~ Egyptian, Roman, Norse & Greek Gods in Modern times (Recruiting)

Started by Cynadea, January 15, 2016, 05:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

Mingnon

I am going to play Persephone, here. Just picked a good piccy for my Hades. ;D
“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Discord RPs - Ons + Offs  - AnAs Thread
Oath of the Drake
Look for hot monsters in your area!

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

arkhos

Very interesting!

Interested... will have a look-see at what's available and taken. :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Crash

Trying to decide...

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Bibliophilia

Dhi

I intend to use Esther Baxter. I've used her a few times, but none of those games actually started, so I feel like that doesn't count.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Crash

Cynadea

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on January 17, 2016, 07:58:06 AM
Question regarding single power, are they by nature of being deities any stronger, have more endurance, etc? Is there anything that comes "standard" as being one of them?

Valid point that I forgot to cover, thanks! I would say that unless it's their power, they are pretty much human in every aspect (strength/speed/senses) but they are healthier and age a bit more slowly.

Welcome to all the new interests! I'll be looking into the apps in a few minutes. :)

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Bibliophilia

Aysande, when you get a chance, could you post a list of the claimed deities and faces, so we can get an idea of what's still open?

Seranova

I'll throw my hat in as Mercury, because it sounds so much cooler than Hermes.

And, because it fits with how I envision the character:
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

Cynadea

Quote from: Bibliophilia on January 17, 2016, 04:59:41 PM
Aysande, when you get a chance, could you post a list of the claimed deities and faces, so we can get an idea of what's still open?

Look here for a list of characters and reservation, if you are looking for face claims, they are here

Blythe

Hey, folks, I'm dropping from this one. Wishing you all the best and a great group RP!

Bibliophilia

Nowherewoman

Apologies for the delay.  Having second thoughts about the workability of Coyote, am casting about for a different god(dess) that doesn't overlap too badly with things already claimed.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

TheBlackThrone

Can I lay claim to Horus? :-) I've been wanting to play him again since this old Egyptian game I used to write in died. It was a good game too. :-(
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Cynadea

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 18, 2016, 01:17:42 PM
Apologies for the delay.  Having second thoughts about the workability of Coyote, am casting about for a different god(dess) that doesn't overlap too badly with things already claimed.

Let me know if you want me to clear the claim info on him. You might want to consider music or wisdom, I came across a deity of librarians among Egyptians I think...

I love this site for a quick database of gods and that they are about, and then go look for more information on another site because the site isn't really taking itself seriously . You might come across some entries that are less than formal. You'll find gems like:

Quote from: In Loki's entryLOKI was now well in with top God ODIN and his son THOR, with whom he shared numerous adventures. THOR, the perfect fall guy, was persuaded to appear in drag as the prospective bride of a giant and other embarrassments. THOR could always be relied on to supply the muscle when corners became too tight for trickery.

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on January 18, 2016, 01:41:50 PM
Can I lay claim to Horus? :-)

Consider it done

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 18, 2016, 01:45:53 PM
I'd like to tentatively claim Isis.

I'm still sort of weighing if I can take another game or not so if someone else is dying to play her and knows they can just say so. :)

I won't put it in the table, since you are not sure whether or not you can join. If you decide to join and she's still free, she's yours. :)

LadyAthene

If I remember correctly, Thoth was essentially the Egyptian god of knowledge. But it's been a while so sorry if I got the wrong name. ^^;;
RP Status: I can probably take 1-4 more RPs. Open but selectively looking~ | Posting Rate: 1-3 days, give or take. If I haven't gotten back to you, chances are I'm busy as opposed to I've forgotten about you. Thanks for your patience!

My (New/Revamped!!) Search Thread
My Ons and Offs + Plot Thread
My Writing Samples
My OC/Character Portfolio
Athene's BDSM Results

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Aysande on January 18, 2016, 01:53:43 PM
Let me know if you want me to clear the claim info on him. You might want to consider music or wisdom, I came across a deity of librarians among Egyptians I think...

I love this site for a quick database of gods and that they are about, and then go look for more information on another site because the site isn't really taking itself seriously . You might come across some entries that are less than formal. You'll find gems like:

Yes, sorry, should have said. PLease clear the face claim. Now, a goddess of music- LOL why had that never occurred to me? Too much like real life, maybe. Will look into it.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Chulanowa

Quote from: Nowherewoman on January 18, 2016, 01:17:42 PM

Well, if you're not going to go coyote, I think I'll scoop him up.

Cynadea

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 18, 2016, 03:55:12 PM
Well, if you're not going to go coyote, I think I'll scoop him up.

The claim has been cleared, feel free to pick him up :)

Nowherewoman

As much as I love this concept, I'm having a hard time making a character 'sing' for me.  Maybe it's a sign I'm overcommitted, not sure. Whatever it is, I think I'm going to step away.

Best of luck to you all, and enjoy!

NW