Game of Thrones - Sandbox/Free-form RP (Now Recruiting!)

Started by BruceTheCat, April 27, 2016, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Ryven on April 29, 2016, 01:04:48 PM
OK!  I have a concept, and is as follows:

My character is born of no noble house, but from a young age, he found himself as a talented sailor.  Through the years, he progressed and eventually became captain of his own ship.  He took to learning archery early as well, and he excelled in that as well.  He was not only a competent leader, but when it came time to fight, he proved to be a deadly opponent from afar.  He earned the title Piercer of Hearts after word spread that he killed a rival pirate captain straight through the heart with an arrow from his own ship.  Of course, if asked, he will always explain it that he was given the title because of his flirtatious nature.  He left many women wanting even though he'd court them to other ends.

There was a turning point a few years back when he decided to shift from simple cargo and merchant transport to smuggling.  This change lead him into piracy.  He reaped the rewards for a while until he was cornered by the King's Navy.  The hand of the king, seeing a man of his accord useful, gave him a choice: trial for crimes he'd committed, or being allowed to continue his ventures under a few conditions, those being that if his services were needed in any way, he'd align with the king and his illegal acts would not affect the king in any way.  Naturally, he chose the latter, and has thus far, kept his end of the bargain.  It was not explicit, but he was sure that the king himself was kept in the dark to this deal.

Ship Name: The Arrow

Sigil (non-noble): A heart pierced by an arrow diagonally

Connections: Hand of the king or some other lord in King's Landing, Probably Locke's character since he runs in the smuggling underground

Faceclaim: David Gandy

What do the GMs think?

Sounds great to me! You have my go-ahead, unless Red sees an issue.

Quote from: The Dark Raven on April 29, 2016, 01:34:48 PM
FYI I am at my folks helping with hauling tools while they work.  I only have phone access, but my brain is churning on what I have going.

No worries, we don't even have an OOC or Character Sheet thread up yet!

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on April 29, 2016, 01:09:51 PM
I really wanna play in this, but I'm having trouble working out a character concept... :-[

If you'd like a suggestion, feel free to toss us a PM to work something out.

Quote from: Aiden on April 29, 2016, 12:17:36 PM
So while my character is not of a noble house, he does have a banner that is recognized in Essos.

Stormforge Smithery, now in your local markets! (not including Westeros)

Love it!

Rel Mayer

DOUBLE POST!

But really, I'm just here to drop off an OOC thread.

Feel free to use it for your plotting and chatter.

Caela

So I've been thinking about my Maester's placement and think that I am going to, for the moment, have her been travelling for the last 10ish years, visiting towns and villages that are outside the main Holds and aren't necessarily assigned a Maester of their own, but would still need teaching and healing. I figure this is a way to maximize potential connections (she could have run into and/or healed anyone who was travelling between one Hold and another) and it also maximizes potential contacts for play in the game as well.

Ames, I'd love her to run into your Martell girl, they could easily be staying in the same Inn, or perhaps come across each other on the road. With Nymeria (my Maester) having spent so long travelling, they could easily already have known each other from other times that she's passed through Dorne. Lots of ways to play it. :D

Aiden, might make it a bit harder for your lad to find her, but the search is half the fun.  >:) Or serendipity could be on your boys side and they could meet on the road.

Rel Mayer

Also, for those of you who have received a PM saying your character is approved: Post them here!

GnothiSeauton

I know it's been said that there's quite a number of female characters, but I just wanted to put myself out there if anyone is looking for someone to write a female character.  Hand-maid.  Daughter.  Wife.  Slave.  Just wanted to put it out there.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bibliophilia

Gnothi?  I was planning on having my character take in a slave girl once it's made legal again.  She's going to need someone she can trust, who she finds appealing, to indulge her deviant impulses with.

-giggles.-

Okay, so Maeryn's marriage would have been Matrilineal, then.  I'm making her husband a random Lannister cousin, you know, the type Cersei would fuck when Jamie was away.  She would make all the real decisions and keep a firm hold of her house, but allow her husband to serve as a figurehead and mouthpiece for herself.  It helps that he was probably about 14 when they married, and she's easily five years older.  So, she's now 25 and he's 20.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 29, 2016, 08:05:00 PM
Gnothi?  I was planning on having my character take in a slave girl once it's made legal again.  She's going to need someone she can trust, who she finds appealing, to indulge her deviant impulses with.

That sounds quite interesting.  I'm interested if you don't get any takers who interest you more.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

summoner2183

Any good ideas on how to make a good Lannister male that is either descended from say..  Tyrion?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: summoner2183 on April 29, 2016, 08:10:34 PM
Any good ideas on how to make a good Lannister male that is either descended from say..  Tyrion?

It's probable that he had a child, considering his tastes in entertainment.  I know that there's a theory/myth that he has a daughter.

Seeking New Stories

summoner2183

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on April 29, 2016, 08:18:35 PM
It's probable that he had a child, considering his tastes in entertainment.  I know that there's a theory/myth that he has a daughter.

So in a sense... this would be Tyrion's grandchild or sorts?

Rel Mayer

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: summoner2183 on April 29, 2016, 08:41:30 PM
So in a sense... this would be Tyrion's grandchild or sorts?

I would assume so.

Well, from my understanding, Tyrion would probably be dead when the story begins.  I would think that a child of his would probably be considerably older something like that?  I don't know.  I can't do math to save my life.  And I might be mistaken, but there have been some theories from the books that Tysha and his daughter are in Braavos.

But with the gap in age, from how old he was in the series/books, to the gap in how long it's been since the end of the books and show, I'd assume that if there is a descendant of Tyrion, they'd be grandchildren at the very least.

Seeking New Stories

summoner2183

Alright... so we established that my character would be Tyrion's grandchild. I think he won't look much like a Westerosi Lannister with the exception of his blonde hair and maybe blue eyes... and he might have mixed blood?

RubySlippers

Anyone playing the leader of the Church of the Seven?

Rel Mayer

RubySlippers

Will work on the new leader likely a member of a banner house but not one of the big ones, a fourth child, who chose to move up in power in service to the Seven and gained power after key religious rivals - disappeared - over a few years.

GnothiSeauton

Just putting this out there, if she hasn't already been spoken for, but I wanted to put in something of a face claim on Lucy Lawless for a character concept I'm working on.

Seeking New Stories

Aiden

First character almost done.

Might have to start plotting my second.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 29, 2016, 10:57:49 PM
Will work on the new leader likely a member of a banner house but not one of the big ones, a fourth child, who chose to move up in power in service to the Seven and gained power after key religious rivals - disappeared - over a few years.

Sounds cool! Let us know if you have any questions. PM the sheet to Red Lobster and Rel Mayer when you're done!

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on April 30, 2016, 12:33:26 AM
Just putting this out there, if she hasn't already been spoken for, but I wanted to put in something of a face claim on Lucy Lawless for a character concept I'm working on.

Gotcha down! Love it!

Quote from: Aiden on April 30, 2016, 05:38:58 AM
First character almost done.

Might have to start plotting my second.

Gimmie a day or so to get the character approved? I think there are two pending now, but I want Red Lobster to look over them before they're approved!

UPDATE!:

We still have room for lots of players and lots of characters, if people are interested. :) We only have about 5-6 character sheets so far.

Emjay

I am currently working on a character sheet and I was curious to know, during the show Winter is just beginning. I know that the seasons in GOT are kind of crazy and last for a very long time. Would it still be Winter in the game or has it finally transitioned to Summer?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Primarch

I've just run through the whole thread but not everything in detail so I apologise if I missed this but has someone claimed the head of House Lannister? If not I'd take him up in a heartbeat.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Emjay on April 30, 2016, 01:01:00 PM
I am currently working on a character sheet and I was curious to know, during the show Winter is just beginning. I know that the seasons in GOT are kind of crazy and last for a very long time. Would it still be Winter in the game or has it finally transitioned to Summer?

Right now the current season is Summer!

Quote from: Primarch on April 30, 2016, 01:05:24 PM
I've just run through the whole thread but not everything in detail so I apologise if I missed this but has someone claimed the head of House Lannister? If not I'd take him up in a heartbeat.

We haven't had any sheets submitted for the head of House Lannister, but I believe summoner was going to make a Lannister. I'm unsure if it was head of house or what! I'd probably ask him?

sweets

Summoner was planning to play a Lwnnister from Tysha and Tyrion I believe according to our chat.

Primarch

I just submitted my Lannister but Summoner if you get your character fleshed out feel free to PM me and we'll work out their connection.

Bibliophilia

Primarch, I'd love to chat about your character.  My Tyrell girl is married to a Lannister cousin, and he's serving as the figurehead head of House Tyrell.