NSFW Tags in on/offs threads

Started by Tiaan, November 23, 2010, 06:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiaan

Hihi, just a quick question - I put some pictures in my on/off thread and was wondering if I should mark the thread as NSFW? They aren't nude but are kind of provocative but then some of the avatars people have here (including my own) are of a similar level so I wasn't sure! Please advise!

Thanks in advance!

HockeyGod

They are private boards. People should view at their own risk. I list my characters in mine and they aren't any less or more NSFW than yours.

Kurzyk

Tiaan

QuoteThey are private boards. People should view at their own risk. I list my characters in mine and they aren't any less or more NSFW than yours.

I thought that at first but then I see NSFW tags around the place and wondered if there was some sort of rule for it... (I am not so proficient with internet etiquette...)

Quote from: Kurzyk on November 23, 2010, 06:53:53 PM
Cute avatar!

Thanks, (unless you meant alxnjsh...) I just lifted it from the net tho ^^;;

HockeyGod

Quote from: Kurzyk on November 23, 2010, 06:53:53 PM
Cute avatar!

Thanks Kur  ::) I know I know...you meant Tiaan.

Quote from: Tiaan on November 23, 2010, 06:57:21 PM
I thought that at first but then I see NSFW tags around the place and wondered if there was some sort of rule for it... (I am not so proficient with internet etiquette...)

Typically those things are in the public boards and such - and especially in the shoutbox and such.  ;D

Tiaan

Quote from: alxnjsh on November 23, 2010, 06:58:42 PM
Typically those things are in the public boards and such - and especially in the shoutbox and such.  ;D

Right ok, not sure that I know the difference but thanks for clearing up this particular issue anyway.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Tiaan on November 23, 2010, 07:00:23 PM
Right ok, not sure that I know the difference but thanks for clearing up this particular issue anyway.

Some staffy will help clarify, but to my knowledge if you look at all the Boards in the first column of the site...those are all public and are meant to be appropriate to the general public. The rest really is private - members that have been approved can view these...sort of like a "view at your own risk" ;)

Tiaan

I seem to remember viewing on off threads before I was approved. I might be mistaken though, although that would be a different issue than NSFW anyway.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Tiaan on November 23, 2010, 07:03:12 PM
I seem to remember viewing on off threads before I was approved. I might be mistaken though, although that would be a different issue than NSFW anyway.

No, they can't. If you "logout" you'll see what non-members can view.  ;D

BeMi...you're hovering in this thread...have I lied thus far?  ::)

Caeli

NSFW are only required in the request boards and in the Shoutbox when it's relevant - none of the other public boards should have NSFW content in them, and occasionally things will pop up in the Shoutbox that are not prohibited by our rules, but would require such a tag.

Anything in the private forums - your Ons and Offs, the Finders and Seekers, On Topic, the LO boards, and so on - is okay to leave out the NSFW warning. However, if you wish to use the tag in consideration of your fellow members, you are entirely welcome to use it.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Kurzyk

*laughs* Yes sorry was referring to Tiaan.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Caeli on November 23, 2010, 07:06:40 PM
NSFW are only required in the request boards and in the Shoutbox when it's relevant - none of the other public boards should have NSFW content in them, and occasionally things will pop up in the Shoutbox that are not prohibited by our rules, but would require such a tag.

Anything in the private forums - your Ons and Offs, the Finders and Seekers, On Topic, the LO boards, and so on - is okay to leave out the NSFW warning. However, if you wish to use the tag in consideration of your fellow members, you are entirely welcome to use it.

So sayeth the goddess  ;D Looks like I was spot on. +1 for alxnjsh

Quote from: Kurzyk on November 23, 2010, 07:08:05 PM
*laughs* Yes sorry was referring to Tiaan.

*sigh*  ;)

Tiaan

Thanks for clarifying Caeli and thanks for your help Alxnjsh. If people can assume there may be NSFW images in on offs threads I think I will leave the tags out for now.